New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Obituary Kickstarter by demondave on Sep 3,2013 8:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Sep 3,2013 8:48pm

I couldn't find the thread that was chatting about this.

The Obituary Kickstarter for the next album is up to $44,264. I'm pretty surprised and think it is cool, since they were only looking for $10,000.

In general, I'm suspicious of Kickstarter projects. They seem to often be abused by rich people trying fund shit they could fund with their own money. However, Obituary were offering cool stuff for pledges, and their goal was pretty modest.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unation/help-fund-a-new-obituary-album

toggletoggle post by yildundave   at Sep 3,2013 9:46pm
Nice to see that they reached the stretch goal of the Morrisound DVD. For anyone who backs this, you'll definitely see me at work in the footage of those three days. The Obit guys and all their friends are fun and cool.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Sep 4,2013 2:38am
Kickstarter is for lazy faggots.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Sep 4,2013 3:21am
I honestly can't believe they've nearly raised 50K for what will probably be a 35-45 minute CD.

The internet, where people go to feel like a better person by giving their money away to strangers.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 4,2013 5:36am
They deserve every penny.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 4,2013 8:37am
kickstarter funded rttp sauna?

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Sep 4,2013 11:39am
Hey Spence, wanna make ten bucks the olde fashion'd way?

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Sep 4,2013 1:24pm
Spence said[orig][quote]
I honestly can't believe they've nearly raised 50K for what will probably be a 35-45 minute CD.

The internet, where people go to feel like a better person by giving their money away to strangers.

You gonna tell me that you don't order albums or band merch online? Even purchasing stuff at a show these bands are "strangers" still, and you're giving them your money.

toggletoggle post by AndrewFagtard at Sep 4,2013 2:42pm
holy shit...their goal was 10k and they're almost at 50k.

youd think they'd be like OK WE REACHED OUR GOAL, THANK YOU and stop accepting donations.

or that people would have stopped donating once the goal was reached...

Tardy can quit his day job...thats a years salary

toggletoggle post by Spence at Sep 4,2013 3:46pm
MikeOvDecrepitvde said[orig][quote]
Spence said[orig][quote]

You gonna tell me that you don't order albums or band merch online? Even purchasing stuff at a show these bands are "strangers" still, and you're giving them your money.

Well, you're directly buying stuff in these cases, and while you DO still get rewards for donating - I wouldn't say after a point they're worth all the money you donate.

Major lolz at the "donate 5,000 dollars" prize and how someone ACTUALLY did it.

toggletoggle post by the truth hurts at Sep 4,2013 3:48pm
King%20Thùnderstøòl said[orig][quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS POCKET CHANGE COMPARED TO ALL THE TRANSFORMERS I SOLD ON CRAIGSLIST FOR HEROIN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][12:11:21am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01015 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]