New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> We need more dialogue about race by Conservationist on Feb 23,2009 12:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 12:48pm
In New York City, one of the nation’s safest large cities, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black during the first six months of 2008, according to victims and witnesses, though blacks make up only 24 percent of the city’s population. Add Hispanic perps, and you account for 98 percent of all shootings in New York City. The face of violent crime in cities is almost exclusively black or brown.

The black high school drop-out rate approaches 50 percent. On the 2006 SAT, the average score in the critical-reading section was 434 for blacks, 527 for whites, and 510 for Asians; in the math section, 429 for blacks, 536 for whites, and 587 for Asians; and in the writing section, 428 for blacks, 519 for whites, and 512 for Asians. America’s lousy showing in international math, science, and reading tests compared with Japan and Western Europe is influenced in large part by the low scores of blacks and Hispanics.

If inner-city blacks behaved like Asians — cramming as much knowledge into their kids as they can possibly fit into their skulls — the lingering wariness towards lower-income blacks that many Americans unquestionably harbor would disappear.

http://www.city-journal.org/2009/eon0219hm...ID=ca854d4e4b1188b62485de98b96c9d4a

How interesting. Quite.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 23,2009 12:49pm
So what is the "dialogue about race" you want more of? wait wait, is it like this:

Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger? Mooncricket? Spear chucker?

yes nigger?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 23,2009 12:50pm
:coffee:

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 12:51pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
So what is the "dialogue about race" you want more of?

The original article is about Eric Holder asking for more dialogue about race.

The point of the article: dialogue requires we face facts, not make up distractions.

Like you just did ;)

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 23,2009 1:04pm
So what is the "dialogue about race" you want more of? wait wait, is it like this:

Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger? Mooncricket? Spear chucker?

yes nigger?

Jim, are you saying this as if it were a bad thing?
i am VERY disappointed in you

haha

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 23,2009 1:27pm
Everyone hates Conservationist on the Braveboard too.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 23,2009 1:29pm
When I think of people who consistently live in areas that have access to quality education, I think of blacks and Hispanics.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 23,2009 1:32pm
"We need more dialogue about race"

Correction: YOU need more shut the fuck up.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 23,2009 1:33pm

toggletoggle post by aril at Feb 23,2009 1:36pm
It only seems now that the best way to fix the problem is more funding for schools in bad neighborhoods with worse consequences for those who choose to dropout rather than better themselves.
If they have no choice in the matter (being dumb) then, well, you can't fix dumb people. You can assist them and make them better their life, though.
It all boils down to having the desire to better themselves. If they don't have the desire to make something of themselves, then there is nothing you can do except watch them die off because they fail at contributing to society.
The simple solution would be to escape from this issue... but you can't. It's a ditch that was dug long ago.
More schools, more role models, better teachers, more funding, and voila! you've got a ghetto renaissance. Good luck.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 1:36pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Everyone

100% of them. How do we know?

He's an authority!

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Feb 23,2009 2:29pm
Long live Al Sharpton.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 23,2009 2:34pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Everyone

100% of them. How do we know?

He's an authority!

I wish I was a mod.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 23,2009 2:38pm
Spoken like a true asshole on a power trip.

Message board moderators are pretty much always assholes.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 23,2009 2:41pm
Some are, some don't care.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Feb 23,2009 2:42pm
I wish Nigger would come back, he was so much better then Conservationist.

toggletoggle post by nli at Feb 23,2009 2:48pm
If inner-city blacks behaved like Asians — cramming as much knowledge into their kids as they can possibly fit into their skulls — the lingering wariness towards lower-income blacks that many Americans unquestionably harbor would disappear.

Which "Asians"?

In Boston there's plenty of Asians in higher education who "cram knowledge" and stay out of trouble. But there's also plenty of gangbangers too. The Vietnamese gangs based outta Dorchester/Mattapan are some of the biggest in the city. Probably run way more drugs and guns then any of the black or hispanic gangs.

Seems more like an issue of class (privileged internationals here for college vs. second-generation immigrants with shitty education/job opportunities) than race to me.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 2:51pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
Spoken like a true asshole on a power trip.

Message board moderators are pretty much always assholes.

Here we agree. The exceptions are awesome.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2009 2:52pm
The Asian gangs based out of Dorchester/Mattapan are indeed some of the worst; my cousin is a Boston cop that deals with them every day.
I don't think they're as bad as the dominicans right now. You want heroin? Find the dominicans.

toggletoggle post by CassieLynn   at Feb 23,2009 3:08pm

yes nigger?

Mooncricket? haha that's a new one for me

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2009 3:12pm

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at Feb 23,2009 3:13pm
Nah, Mooncricket is old school.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Feb 23,2009 3:23pm
I talked to a history teacher, teaching regular public school students, at a high school in Worcester a few days back. He's a black man, a big one at that. He gave an assignment to his students, an argumentative essay asking whether or not guns should be outlawed/severely restricted in Massachusetts. He was halfway done grading the papers, and said that most of them were total nonsense as if the kids put any bullshit on the paper to fill it up. I know this guy is really struggling to get through to these kids somehow. He looked down with a smile and said "how can these kids not give a damn about anything?" It seems like this issue should hit close to home with them, being "inner city" kids or at least pretending to be (Worcester isn't a harsh city folks) but he couldn't squeeze one good idea out of those students. They're totally apathetic. The challenge is getting them to care. It's a tough job. The challenge is finding something they actually care about, like their image, and making them care about the substance behind the image instead. That's what this teacher tried to do, tried to find something the kids would be passionate about, and it seems he failed this time.

These kids are probably mostly black and hispanic, and their families are to blame. How can an inner city high school kid have no desire to express their thoughts on gun control, or anything for that matter, and expect to look FRESH and drive a BANGIN LEXUS right out of high school? What the fuck is wrong with these kids and their familes?

Euro-centric society has looked down upon blacks and hispanics forever. It's a cycle that won't stop and it has much to do with history. There are many prominent blacks and hispanics that have real importance in society, but so many more holding them back. So a black city kid today, his family and his family before that has always had no choice but the bottom of the barrel in America, at least that's what they think. It has everything to do with his family and teaching their children the importance of education, more than just the pressure of getting a decent grade. Being black or hispanic is no excuse for being stupid, I'm sorry, race might have something to do with it, but it can't be used as an excuse anymore. These inner city kids taking the SATs might be black or hispanic, but more than that, they're apathetic.

It's so maddening.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 3:27pm edited Feb 23,2009 3:28pm
nli said[orig][quote]

Which "Asians"?

In Boston there's plenty of Asians in higher education who "cram knowledge" and stay out of trouble. But there's also plenty of gangbangers too. The Vietnamese gangs based outta Dorchester/Mattapan are some of the biggest in the city. Probably run way more drugs and guns then any of the black or hispanic gangs.

Seems more like an issue of class (privileged internationals here for college vs. second-generation immigrants with shitty education/job opportunities) than race to me.

North Asians are a different group than South Asians. The North Asians do well; the others less so but still cause fewer problems than other groups. North Asian average IQ is probably 105, while South Asian is closer to 98, and African-American is probably about 89 and Hispanics, 94.

We've got a huge Vietnamese population here, but they seem to be succeeding well despite being as even they will acknowledge not as smart as the Koreans, Japanese and Chinese.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Feb 23,2009 3:30pm
nli said[orig][quote]

Which "Asians"?

North Asians are a different group than South Asians. The North Asians do well; the others less so but still cause fewer problems than other groups. North Asian average IQ is probably 105, while South Asian is closer to 98, and African-American is probably about 89 and Hispanics, 94.

We've got a huge Vietnamese population here, but they seem to be succeeding well despite being as even they will acknowledge not as smart as the Koreans, Japanese and Chinese.

Yeah, but can they play drums?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2009 3:31pm
its cool to be as "hilarious" as possible so they can go home and boast on myspace about how they made teacher mad. the problem is, no one can do anything about it. teachers can't discipline their children anymore because they are all faggot crybabies who run to mommy whenever they are told they are wrong. either that or they do whatever they want because any form of home discipline now is considered abuse, no matter how small. once upon a time if your punk ass kid got out of line, a belt fixed the problem and they shut their insolent fucking mouths. and the fact that no parent pays attention to their child anymore, the only interaction is to yell at them. over and over and over and over again i see that happen, my neighborhood is a haven for shit like that, of all races. yes, its more evident in minorities, but i see just as many shitty white fucks doing the exact same thing.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Feb 23,2009 3:32pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2009 3:42pm
You just dissed on the former intelligence and might of the old Khmer Empire of Cambodia, Conserationist!
South Asia, at one point in time, had some of the best invetions, innovations, and architecture on the planet. Too bad it's not like that today... it's just a bunch of webcam whores who like taking their clothes off to please fat american men who can't get laid.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 23,2009 4:09pm
CassieLynn said[orig][quote]

yes nigger?

Mooncricket? haha that's a new one for me

haha, it's been around a while, i always thought it was funny, because i didn't understand what the fuck it was supposed to mean.
ya know?

how the fuck did "mooncricket" come to be a racial slur against blacks??

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Feb 23,2009 4:11pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
... it's just a bunch of webcam whores who like taking their clothes off to please fat american men who can't get laid.

So what is wrong with that?

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 23,2009 4:12pm
You just dissed on the former intelligence and might of the old Khmer Empire of Cambodia, Conserationist!
South Asia, at one point in time, had some of the best invetions, innovations, and architecture on the planet. Too bad it's not like that today... it's just a bunch of webcam whores who like taking their clothes off to please fat american men who can't get laid.

seriously dude?
you really think only fat guys who can't get laid enjoy naked asians???

i'm a fat guy who has had lots of sex, i have always loved asian chicks.

and i know many other dudes (of all heights and weights) who enjoy a little far east fish taco

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Feb 23,2009 4:13pm
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]

seriously dude?

and i know many other dudes (of all heights and weights) who enjoy a little far east fish taco

It sucks if that taco is a sea urchin.

toggletoggle post by jimboNLI at Feb 23,2009 4:13pm
yup, i only heard mooncricket recently, and then again in some composted outakes by MFR, never heard it otherwise.

Yawn... Conservationist is just getting plain boring.. no?

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 23,2009 4:29pm
metal_church101 said[orig][quote]
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]

seriously dude?

It sucks if that taco is a sea urchin.

hahaha

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Feb 23,2009 4:31pm
This is the best dialog on race ever.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 23,2009 4:34pm
ITT: RTTP learns a new ethnic slur, hilarity ensues.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2009 4:37pm
hahaha... it was a joke&generalization but you guys made it 100x better

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Feb 23,2009 4:43pm
This dialog needs more pictures of minority chicks with bangin titties.

toggletoggle post by jimboNLI at Feb 23,2009 4:59pm
^^Backd in full, bummer, i think too many people were using a reality kings pass i had, so it stopped, but 8th st latinas.....yeah..

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 23,2009 5:00pm
^ HAVE FAPPED, WOULD FAP AGAIN

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 23,2009 7:17pm

Not at all, any more than I'm dissing the Aztecs by mentioning that TODAY Mexicans have an average IQ of 94.

I'm willing to bet ancient Zulus were more intelligent than their modern-day remnants as well.

When civilizations die, they leave behind hordes of clueless morons and never regain their former status.

toggletoggle post by Typical Liberal Douchebag at Feb 23,2009 9:30pm
Can we please just enslave all Republicans already? Harshing on my buzz they are and I've saved up all week for this arugula martini.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Feb 23,2009 10:48pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 24,2009 12:22am
The color of your skin does not determine how you are or who you are. It is our false belief that the latter is true that perpetuates race problems:

blacks are generally low income and uneducated because only 200 years ago, they were our fucking slaves. social divides of this magnitude don't dissapear overnight.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Feb 24,2009 12:29am
you're all black

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 24,2009 12:33am

Not at all, any more than I'm dissing the Aztecs by mentioning that TODAY Mexicans have an average IQ of 94.

I'm willing to bet ancient Zulus were more intelligent than their modern-day remnants as well.

When civilizations die, they leave behind hordes of clueless morons and never regain their former status.

Intelligence quotients are measured by academic tests. If the average Mexican doesn't have access to anything above the standard of an 8th grade education, how do you expect the tests to play out? My man, think in a much BROADER sense.

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 24,2009 12:36am
and I seriously don't understand why people think that your race determines your life - race is an irrelevant consequence of being human. the issues here are social in nature, not racial. because we chose to define different categories of humans based on their physical attributes, we are forcing them into a social stratification that would otherwise not exist.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 24,2009 12:54am
Martins said[orig][quote]
you're all black

NO U

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Feb 24,2009 1:46am
BobNOMAAMRooney said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol at Feb 24,2009 6:18am

toggletoggle post by Typical Liberal Douchebag at Feb 24,2009 4:27pm
sever said[orig][quote]
and I seriously don't understand why people think that your race determines your life - race is an irrelevant consequence of being human. the issues here are social in nature, not racial. because we chose to define different categories of humans based on their physical attributes, we are forcing them into a social stratification that would otherwise not exist.

Quite true. The distribution of color and abilities is quite incidental, and it's only as a result of social oppression that minorities score badly. We all know that it is merely an accident that one man is rich, and one poor, and one black, and one white, and one fat, and one thin, and one a long distance jumper, one a brain surgeon, and another a janitor. We are all one human race. Now if you'll excuse me, I have something more important to do than talk to a common laborer, and I can't let my professional friends see me.

Toodles!

toggletoggle post by Typical Liberal Douchebag at Feb 24,2009 4:28pm
sever said[orig][quote]
Intelligence quotients are measured by academic tests. If the average Mexican doesn't have access to anything above the standard of an 8th grade education, how do you expect the tests to play out? My man, think in a much BROADER sense.

Ab-so-lute-ly.

Did you know you can study for an intelligence test?

And even the tests that claim to have no prerequisites favor those who can tell they are being tested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven%27s_Progressive_Matrices

toggletoggle post by sever at Feb 24,2009 5:10pm
fail troll fails hard.

toggletoggle post by Typical Liberal Douchebag at Feb 24,2009 6:47pm
The real trolls are those who insist that intelligence and race are biological.

We both know they are social constructs.

Correct? You agree that intelligence is not biological, but a social construct?

toggletoggle post by Shannon at Feb 24,2009 6:53pm
Black boots with the white laces,they solve everything....Just wear them,Hooray!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Feb 24,2009 8:37pm
Man...these libs don't even see fact for fact.

"Attention residents of planet Earth...there is a giant asteroid blocking out the sun that will hit our planet in 5 days."

Libs: "Nuh uh..."

Wake up retards.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 25,2009 9:32am
Shannon said[orig][quote]
Black boots with the white laces,they solve everything

CURB STOMPING!
AMERICAN HISTORY X FTW!!

toggletoggle post by Typical Liberal Douchebag at Feb 25,2009 9:34am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
"Attention residents of planet Earth...there is a giant asteroid blocking out the sun that will hit our planet in 5 days."

We each live in our own realities. If in my world, that asteroid is not happening, it is possible that through quantum dissonance this lack of Heisenbergian subject-object correspondence will ensure that its path does not occur in this world, or in a parallel world, as the science of postmodern ethno-physics teaches us.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][4:32:03am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.15006 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]