New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by darkwor at 2009-02-23 15:23:43
I talked to a history teacher, teaching regular public school students, at a high school in Worcester a few days back. He's a black man, a big one at that. He gave an assignment to his students, an argumentative essay asking whether or not guns should be outlawed/severely restricted in Massachusetts. He was halfway done grading the papers, and said that most of them were total nonsense as if the kids put any bullshit on the paper to fill it up. I know this guy is really struggling to get through to these kids somehow. He looked down with a smile and said "how can these kids not give a damn about anything?" It seems like this issue should hit close to home with them, being "inner city" kids or at least pretending to be (Worcester isn't a harsh city folks) but he couldn't squeeze one good idea out of those students. They're totally apathetic. The challenge is getting them to care. It's a tough job. The challenge is finding something they actually care about, like their image, and making them care about the substance behind the image instead. That's what this teacher tried to do, tried to find something the kids would be passionate about, and it seems he failed this time.

These kids are probably mostly black and hispanic, and their families are to blame. How can an inner city high school kid have no desire to express their thoughts on gun control, or anything for that matter, and expect to look FRESH and drive a BANGIN LEXUS right out of high school? What the fuck is wrong with these kids and their familes?

Euro-centric society has looked down upon blacks and hispanics forever. It's a cycle that won't stop and it has much to do with history. There are many prominent blacks and hispanics that have real importance in society, but so many more holding them back. So a black city kid today, his family and his family before that has always had no choice but the bottom of the barrel in America, at least that's what they think. It has everything to do with his family and teaching their children the importance of education, more than just the pressure of getting a decent grade. Being black or hispanic is no excuse for being stupid, I'm sorry, race might have something to do with it, but it can't be used as an excuse anymore. These inner city kids taking the SATs might be black or hispanic, but more than that, they're apathetic.

It's so maddening.
[default homepage] [print][12:58:39am May 13,2024
load time 0.00665 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]