New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Grand Belials Key/Hirudinea April 30 Allston, MA Obriens Pub by Ninkaszi187 on Mar 1,2004 3:41pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Mar 1,2004 3:41pm
No Life/Bestial Onslaught presents....

a night with black metal scumbags

GRAND BELIALS KEY

with guests Krieg, Hirudinea, and two more to be confirmed. Just waiting on them. I will post the final lineup asap.

Friday, April 30
Obriens Pub
Allston, MA
21 +
9pm

thanks to joe, and liz/prophetless for helping me out with getting the date at Obriens. It is much appreciated!

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 1,2004 3:56pm
holy shit, I've wanted to check out GBK for a while, cool!

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Mar 1,2004 5:00pm
HIRUDINEA MOTHERFUCKING CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come watch them destroy

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 1,2004 5:23pm
WHoa whoa whoa. I want to stand outside and watch this. I think am going to now. Who else is in Krieg for this? Cryptic Winter?? Wrath?

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi at Mar 1,2004 6:05pm
josh, i will try my best to get you in.

i know the drummer of open grave/regimental records owner will most likely be drumming for krieg. thats all i know.

toggletoggle post by Phantos   at Mar 1,2004 8:16pm
nice line-up.
HIRUDINEA KILLS!

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Mar 1,2004 9:12pm
21+? Fuck that, I'll just go to Metalfest.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Mar 2,2004 12:40am
Yeah, because the metal fest is so fucking great. I just can't get enough gay hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 2,2004 9:32am
The new Kevorkian's Angels sounds alot like Killswich Engage.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 10:52am
The prospect of this show taking place a few minutes from where I live is a great thing... I hope this does well so more will happen.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 2,2004 10:57am
forest of the impaled played a show not to far away from this a few months ago.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 10:59am
the_reverend said:
forest of the impaled played a show not to far away from this a few months ago.

Yes. I was at that show they played with Demoncy and Hell Born. I had a great time.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 2,2004 11:41am
oh.. good...
sorry, I guess I don't know who you are.
that show killed.
I wish there were more people there though.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 11:55am
Sorry if it sounded like I talked down to you... not my intention. I don't think I know you either. So the reverend do you live in the city itself?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 2,2004 12:01pm
hm.. I didn't get a hint of that.

no, I just drive a lot. I live in NH.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 12:12pm
Oh cool... I've been part of this board for a bit but this was the first thing that propted me to post. Didn't want to step on any toes my first time out. Anyway I do want to post this and get it out there...

Monday 3/22 - @ The Paradise Lounge on Comm Ave. is HELVETE: The only place in Boston to find extreme Black Metal featuring the music of BURZUM, DARKTHRONE, GRAVELAND, CELTIC FROST and more with your hosts Cathach, Falcifer & Fodladgh. doors 9 PM 18+ . FREE over 21, $3 under 21

Me and a couple of my scumbag friends some how convinced the manager to let us take over the club and have a metal night this will be the third month and its getting a pretty good response.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 2,2004 12:17pm
psst!
also add the listing here:
http://www.returntothepit.com/events.php

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 12:22pm
Oh shit didn't realize... thanks for the heads up.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 2,2004 2:38pm
Falcifer said:
Oh cool... I've been part of this board for a bit but this was the first thing that propted me to post. Didn't want to step on any toes my first time out. Anyway I do want to post this and get it out there...

Monday 3/22 - @ The Paradise Lounge on Comm Ave. is HELVETE: The only place in Boston to find extreme Black Metal featuring the music of BURZUM, DARKTHRONE, GRAVELAND, CELTIC FROST and more with your hosts Cathach, Falcifer & Fodladgh. doors 9 PM 18+ . FREE over 21, $3 under 21

Me and a couple of my scumbag friends some how convinced the manager to let us take over the club and have a metal night this will be the third month and its getting a pretty good response.

Fucking awesome! I'd like to check this out. I hope you guys are spinning some Nargaroth. Do bands play at all?
Mike, will there be merch for sale? Looking to get the new Krieg of course as well the two new ones from Nargaroth, Graveland "Blood of Heros" as well as Followin the Voice of Blood which I havn't found in three fucking years! Oh and Vlad Tepes, if there are any copies on this soil.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi at Mar 2,2004 2:41pm
Falcifer, did I talk to you at Demoncy? I was the guitarist/vocalist of Hirudinea in the Diabolos Rising shirt. Anyway, glad you went to that show. I thought it went great, but the turnout could have been a little better. At least the bands made the money they needed. See you at the next Helvete night, and GBK. I will bring tons of flyers for the Unearthly Trance, The Dying Light, Hirudinea, Noosebomb, Conifer show, and the GBK show. Please spread the word to any people that would be interested, thanks. We need as many people as possible at these shows.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi at Mar 2,2004 2:44pm
Josh, I'm sure there will be some merch at the GBK show. Neil from Krieg runs Blood Fire Death, so I would think we would at least have all of his releases there.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 2,2004 3:00pm
BornSoVile: Yeah its fun, like I said Helvete is still in the begining stages, trying to get the word of mouth going on this. And from what I have seen in the past 2 months is - people are very interested. Everything we play is from our own collections so yes Nargaroth does get played. You will be surprised as to what they let us get away with. We do take requests if we have it on us. As far as live shows nothing yet but if the demand is there I see no reason why once a month a live band or two couldn't play. I would like to see this happen.

Ninkaszi: To be honest I think I talked to everyone there who would talk back, but my memory on who I did talk to is fuzzy (damn PBR). I think I was wearing a hooded Deicide t-shirt. I really enjoyed that show and hope more come around. The turn out was on the small side but it was more than I expected at a dive bar called the Chopping Block. Nice to hear the bands made good on the night.

I know for a fact that if we all as a scene rally around this monthly thing we have started it can only get bigger. Boston really sucks to see/hear any type of good metal so its up to us to make shit happen. And I am glad to see a good response to this post. Mark it on your calenders. Ok enough cheerleading... back to the shadows.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Mar 2,2004 3:41pm
Yeah our new album will be called my muscles are way bigger than yours.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 2,2004 3:43pm
MarkKevorkian said:
Yeah our new album will be called my muscles are way bigger than yours.

"muscles" eh? ;)

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Mar 3,2004 12:32am
Sarcasm buddy sarcasm. It will actually be called I can benchpress a wicked fucking lot.

toggletoggle post by thenihilistcomplex at Mar 3,2004 2:45am
I just heard the new Cold Northern Vengeance... Book them! They are the most amazing black metal band fron the USA I have ever heard!

toggletoggle post by black metal sux now at Mar 3,2004 2:49am
anyone remember the goat of a thousand young?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 3,2004 3:05am
MarkKevorkian said:
Sarcasm buddy sarcasm. It will actually be called I can benchpress a wicked fucking lot.

i was making an innuendo with my post =P

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 3,2004 10:15am
MarkKevorkian said:

'I can benchpress a wicked fucking lot' 10 songs of tuff moshing madness, inspired by men who can pull airplanes, with a touch of Shinobi thrown in for the more delicate hardcore types.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 3,2004 10:16am
Oh, and that thing at the paradise sounds good.
People need to remind me about it as it comes closer so that I can go

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 3,2004 10:47am
I will post again when the date gets closer. In the meantime you can check out www.thedise.com for directions and in a week or two I will launch www.helveteboston.com. So keep an eye out for that. It will be a small page with all Helvete information, set lists of what was played the month before, and possibly a request page.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 3,2004 10:51am
i know where the paradise is, i hope to get insulted by really evil black metal chicks

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 3,2004 11:36am
that is almost assured

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Mar 3,2004 1:33pm
I am also intrigued by this Helvete Boston. Is the general playlist exclusively of the old school/traditional black metal variety? That might be a little too niched.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 3,2004 2:39pm
We basically set it up for people who like real metal can come and meet other people into the whole scene. We keep bands like Slayer and Iron Maiden (which are two of my favorite bands of all time) off the list to try to keep the "ironic white belt wearing crowd" away. This doesn't hole us up into one sound if you will. Yes we play a lot of Hate Forest, Graveland, and Nokturnal Mortum, but we also play stuff like the new Deicide, At the Gates, Leng T'che, Naglfar, and Vital Remains . It's really pretty varied. Come into town on the 22nd and check it out and it looks like a live band might happen sooner that later.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Mar 3,2004 9:06pm
Excellent, sounds now I'm definitely interested in checking it out.
If you get live bands going too, I'm sure the rest of my band would be interested too. (http://www.ascendancymetal.com)

Too bad Revie can't come, that dirtbag bastard with his Monday night "radio shows." Pffffft.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 4,2004 10:08am
It looks like one live band will be featured at Helvete starting as soon as April. I will keep everyone interested posted as details develop

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 4,2004 10:28am
I recomend Hirudinea, those guys are wicked tuff

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Mar 4,2004 2:19pm
Yes, wicked tuff e nuff haha.

So, I am pretty sure this will be the final lineup. Just want to put it out there. If anything changes, you'll know soon enough. Hopefully this goes well so we (No Life/Bestial Onslaught http://www.bestialonslaught.com ) can put our dirty hands into booking more shows in Boston. I have a lot of ideas.

Anal Cunt/Vaginal Jesus (waiting to confirm)
Grand Belials Key
Krieg
Hirudinea
Basiliskk

toggletoggle post by Phantos   at Mar 4,2004 2:37pm
fucking line-up is looking really brutal good.

toggletoggle post by Falcifer at Mar 4,2004 2:49pm
Oh man it gets even better.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 4,2004 6:38pm
Back of the bus!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 4,2004 7:09pm
Hey!

I wanna set up my distro at this show. Fuck the NE hardcore fest.

toggletoggle post by MarkKevorkian  at Mar 4,2004 7:34pm
Any chance Watchmaker can play?

toggletoggle post by anonymous-666-anonymous at Jun 24,2004 4:35pm
The show is same day as Upstairs: Murder Junkies, Jabbers, Musclecah, Tunnel Rats. at MiddleEast.
At 10 p.m., “Helvete: Extreme Black Metal” with Cathach, Falcifer & Fodladgh.
I'll try and make the show....Will u play some new Mayhem? Satyricon? Superjoint Ritual? Sentenced? hypocrisy? (yeah would be cool to start the show with Hypocrisy Abducted...hehehe,...And end the show with Damageplan: Soul bleed. well anyway...goodluck! And may a million maggots show up to show support!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][7:31:16pm May 01,2024
load time 0.04776 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]