New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ATTN: Vegetarians and vegans by MarkFuckingRichards on Nov 17,2008 5:27pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 5:27pm
I never thought the day would come, but I am delving into vegetarianism. Meat either tastes like shit or makes me feel like shit now, so I figure, what the hell? I enjoy a lot of vegetarian and vegan cuisine so I might as well see how far I can take it.

So, my issue is that I'm too lazy to do research on what I should be eating to get most of the nutrients, vitamins, etc. that I would usually get from meat. I've heard that any combination of beans and rice takes care of most of this. Any advice, resources, recipes, etc. that you can supply me with would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am definitely not going as far as vegan, because I love dairy way too fucking much, and I think I'd go insane trying to discipline myself to that extreme.

toggletoggle post by dertoxia   at Nov 17,2008 5:37pm
i think peanuts and any kind of mixed nut gives you most of the protein you need.

WHAT ABOUT TACO BELL AND SPIKES HOT DOGS!?!?!?!?!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 5:45pm
Both are covered sir. Taco Bell actually tastes and feels better without the meat. I just enjoyed some. Spike's has veggie dogs!

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Nov 17,2008 5:50pm
i dont get taco bell with their "beef" it makes me sick.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 5:52pm
I'm trying to steer clear of Taco Bell all together since there's still a ton of shit in their food. I'd like to keep it in moderation (i.e. maybe 1 or 2 times a month, max), so that's my next battle. The longest I went without Taco Bell was probably 3 or 4 months, then of course I hit the CGCs and quesadillas harder than ever, haha.

toggletoggle post by former vegetarian at Nov 17,2008 6:07pm
get some toasted sesame seed oil (critical) and use it to fry some tofu. it helps to have a wok so the tofu can really soak in it. then get some fucking stir fry sauce and a bunch of vegetables and some rice or some shit and make fucking stir fry. throw in as much shit as you can like peanuts and some beans because you're going to need all the protein and what not to stay healthy on a vegetarian diet.

toggletoggle post by former vegetarian at Nov 17,2008 6:09pm
go to trader joe's. they've got the goods when you're a vegetarian. shit's cheap too.

toggletoggle post by former vegetarian at Nov 17,2008 6:11pm
oh yeah. boca or morning star chicken patties or nuggets or buffalo wings are the shit.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:14pm
Hell yeah, Trader Joe's is the shit. Thank you sir or madame.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 6:15pm
Boca chicken patties/burgers make a fantastic quick lunch. A minute and a half in the microwave, a piece of bread, maybe some ketchup, and you've got a cornerstone right there.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:17pm
I've had many Boca and Morning Star products; none of them have disappointed yet. I actually liked the Morning Star burgers more than regular burgers before becoming vegetarian ever entered my mind.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 6:22pm
I know you're not planning on giving up dairy but if you haven't yet, try some Silk both in vanilla and chocolate and Tofutti cream cheese. All products I think are better than their "real" counterparts.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:27pm
I enjoy chocolate Silk but hate the vanilla. 8th Continent is better for vanilla in my opinion. I will try Tofutti. I can't imagine fake dairy being better than real dairy, but I'm willing to try anything.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 6:29pm
Fake dairy is usually not better than real dairy, but this stuff is amazing. Tofutti also makes ice cream that licks a fat dingleberry. Fake cheese sucks as a whole.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:30pm
Haha yeah, I've had many kinds of fake cheese and wanted to kill whoever gave it to me. Fuck that shit. I will say though, vegan cheesecake is soooo fucking good. Real cheesecake is way too heavy for me to eat more than 2 bites.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 17,2008 6:38pm edited Nov 17,2008 6:39pm
The 1st time I see you at a PETA rally, or wearing vinyl birkenstocks, I'm going to gun you down in cold blood. Christ, explore anything...try "Being Gay" anything other than this...MEAT IS DELICIOUS!!! I'll give you some fucking venison...anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUIRJiYEWo

At LEAST try this 1st.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Nov 17,2008 6:41pm
Tofutti Cuties are the shite

ALSO, whenever you can EAT VEGETABLES! Can't stress this enough. If you dont like vegetables, dont be vegetarian. You'll most likely get fat.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 6:47pm edited Nov 17,2008 6:48pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
The 1st time I see you at a PETA rally, or wearing vinyl birkenstocks, I'm going to gun you down in cold blood. Christ, explore anything...try "Being Gay" anything other than this...MEAT IS DELICIOUS!!! I'll give you some fucking venison...anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUIRJiYEWo

At LEAST try this 1st.

Yes, persuade this man from trying to do something new and interesting with his life.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Nov 17,2008 6:48pm
if mark goes veggie, i'm going veggie. . . after the holidays though.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:48pm
Haha, I used to hate vegetables but lately my tastes have been changing.

Hoser, I give you full permission to gun me down if you see me at a PETA rally or wearing Birkenstocks of any pursuasion. Just because I don't want to eat meat anymore doesn't mean I'm going to turn into an ignorant, arrogant piece of shit, haha.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 17,2008 6:50pm
LAND ON A CARROT COCK

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:52pm
Hahahaha, I would totally land on a carrot cock.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 17,2008 6:54pm
I've been thinking about it too, Mark...for similar reasons. That and I really hate the whole factory farming aspect of meat harvesting and I'm not shooting shit myself soooo

More realistically I will probably cut it way down and see how that goes.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 6:56pm
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the factory farm industry. I guess I just started feeling a wee bit guilty about it. Survival of the fittest is one thing, but it's a bit different than that, haha. I am all for people hunting, killing, preparing and eating their own food.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 6:57pm
I tried being vegetarian for a while but the main reason I gave it up was because I was never full. I'm a small guy with a high metabolism. Even now I only weigh 135 or so and I actually have some muscle on my frame for the first time in my life. The lack of satisfaction was killing me.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 7:05pm
The last time I tried vegetarianism everything was fine until I realized there is no substitute for steak. But, now I don't give a shit about steak, for the first time in my 25 year existence on this planet full of once delicious meat.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Nov 17,2008 7:07pm
call me gay, but i dont really like steak at all or ever have, i never saw what the big deal about it was. i always hated steak night growing up.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 17,2008 7:09pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
I tried being vegetarian for a while but the main reason I gave it up was because I was never full. I'm a small guy with a high metabolism. Even now I only weigh 135 or so and I actually have some muscle on my frame for the first time in my life. The lack of satisfaction was killing me.

Lamp, you're plenty big enough...jesus. Fatso.

toggletoggle post by Seth at Nov 17,2008 7:11pm
I bet V's never would of existed if we were still hunting our food and eatin all the land could provide, be it meat or veggie and so on...

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 7:13pm
I'm sure they'd still exist, because there are a lot of people that just really don't like the taste of meat, or it doesn't "agree" with them. And of course there would still be a lot of people that feel guilty about eating something with a face, haha.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 7:16pm
Dave_Maggot said[orig][quote]
call me gay, but i dont really like steak at all or ever have, i never saw what the big deal about it was. i always hated steak night growing up.

It's all in the sauce (which is vegan, by the way). Steak itself is too chewy and not very good.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 17,2008 7:27pm
LIAR! BLASPHEMER!

toggletoggle post by former vegetarian at Nov 17,2008 7:28pm
tender loin

toggletoggle post by why? at Nov 17,2008 7:30pm
do what you want. just keep it to yourself.

otherwise, your just like the rest.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Nov 17,2008 7:36pm
that looks like my basement

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 7:36pm
I understand why you would want to "keep it quiet" about being militant towards other people, but why can't someone discuss what they eat in a civil manner?

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 17,2008 7:38pm
As far as getting things that you would normally get from animal products, protein can be gotten from, as you mentioned, rice and beans, soybeans in particular are almost complete proteins. that means soy anything will do you well (not that you should overdo soy, and plenty of people do). most meat eaters get way more protein than they will ever need.

omega 3s are pretty important and usually come from fish oils, but they can be gotten from flax seeds/oils and lots of stuff like soymilk and other fake dairy products are often fortied with stuff including vegetarian sources of Omega 3s. most soymilk is also fortified with as much calcium as cow's milk has.

leafy greens like spinach and kale are easy to include in stuff and have lots of nutrients including iron.

people get on vegans about B12, but lots of stuff is fortified with it, including nutritional yeast. i know you said you wont likely give up cheese, but nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that is sort of nutty and cheesey in flavor and will turn a basic cream sauce into a faux cheese sauce that is pretty sweet. sprinkling it on popcorn or toast is pretty great too.

most of the world outside of america eats, if not a nearly vegan and healthy diet, a diet that is pretty balanced and healthy without the meat, so if you are into asain, indian, middle eastern, etc, focusing more on them than fake meat and stuff is a good start.

i'm all about this stuff so ask me questions and stuff. also, i found veganoutreach.org pretty helpful when i was learning about stuff.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 7:40pm
Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is about DIET. I'm just interested in seeing what vegetarians eat to stay healthy so I don't fuck it up, haha.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 17,2008 7:46pm
oh, well i dont to make it sound like i have a regimen or something,just saying that buying the fortified stuff instead and eating more eastern food is a good way to make sure you're okay without thinking about it too much.

some vegans take a multivitamin. i dont but im sure it cant hurt.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 8:06pm
Thanks Ryan. Luckily most of what you said I have heard many times before, so it's good to get more confirmation. And my last post was in response to the sheep comment, not your post, if that's what you thought, haha.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2008 8:09pm
I have tons of recipes and so does carina. my favorites of hers are
1) shepards pie with fake veggie hamburger
2) sweet potato pie

I also love making
1) tofu stir fry with gimme lean sausage, tons of beans, tons of avacados
2) spicy beans, tofu, and rice

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2008 8:11pm
gimme lean and make meatball subs
lentil soups
put a little veggietable broth in something is great.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 17,2008 8:11pm
oh

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 17,2008 8:12pm
mmmmm middle eastern food.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 8:13pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
gimme lean and make meatball subs

I used to do this, mix up the ground beef and sausage flavors, it tastes awesome and is significantly less heavy than the real deal. Recommended!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 17,2008 8:14pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I have tons of recipes and so does carina. my favorites of hers are
1) shepards pie with fake veggie hamburger
2) sweet potato pie

I also love making
1) tofu stir fry with gimme lean sausage, tons of beans, tons of avacados
2) spicy beans, tofu, and rice

Both #1s sound awesome.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2008 8:14pm
dave and mark fuck together and eat together.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 17,2008 8:15pm
you also get to claim all sorts of new found superiority

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 17,2008 8:19pm
I will not be one of those assholes. I just want to be healthier and stop supporting factory farming hormone-injected atrophied animal inc.

Everyone else can do what they want. My kids included.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 17,2008 8:28pm
Dave and I also shit together. At the same time. In the same toilet.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 17,2008 8:30pm
Also most major brand baked beans are vegetarian friendly nowadays.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Nov 17,2008 8:30pm
pics or it didnt happen

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 17,2008 8:30pm
Also Mark Richards is a gayboy faggot queer.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 17,2008 8:37pm
I knew this thread would grow quickly.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 17,2008 9:01pm
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
Also most major brand baked beans are vegetarian friendly nowadays.
No, they have vegetarian versions. they still include pork in most.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 17,2008 9:02pm
SAME SHIT FAGGOT

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 17,2008 9:32pm
FOOD BRINGS FEUD

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 9:40pm
I once went to a Thai restaurant in Nashua with Ryan and got vegan food.

That was a good meal/day.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 9:42pm
There was another time I went to Nice Slice with Aaron and got vegan pizza.

Another good day.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 17,2008 9:44pm
Yeah it was.

I've had many good days with many good people.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 17,2008 9:49pm
Same here brohamsandwich.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Nov 17,2008 9:51pm
rar rar rar hippie fagz

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2008 7:24am
this thread makes me very, very sad. i'm sorry to see a carnivore get sucked into the dark side.

toggletoggle post by Mikeofdecrepitude at Nov 18,2008 7:31am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
this thread makes me very, very sad. i'm sorry to see a carnivore get sucked into the dark side.

Best side.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2008 7:33am
no, the best side would be a baked potato covered in bacon.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Nov 18,2008 7:42am
former%20vegetarian said[orig][quote]
you're going to need all the protein to stay healthy

Keep up those BJ's at the glory holes.

toggletoggle post by Mikeofdecrepitude at Nov 18,2008 7:46am
Even before I went vegetarian I thought bacon was sketchy. Baked potatoes, on the other hand, are killer.

toggletoggle post by Mikeofdecrepitude at Nov 18,2008 7:50am

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2008 7:51am
i can see wanting to cut back on cow, i myself have done so. i still love me a burger/steak, but i've been substituting ground turkey a lot lately in dishes like Hamburger Helper and such. it digests much better. however a world without meat is a desolate wasteland i want no part of.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 7:58am
Haha, I also thought a world without meat would feel the same to me, but as I said previously, not anymore. Believe me, if I wanted to eat meat I wouldn't deny myself.

toggletoggle post by Mikeofdecrepitude at Nov 18,2008 7:59am
The one thing that was rough on me was not being able to get a proper burrito. Can't trust the rice, pinto beans, or the sour cream unless explicitly stated that they're vegetarian.

=(

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Nov 18,2008 8:42am
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
I never thought the day would come, but I am delving into vegetarianism.

this is indeed a sad day

mark, you have damaged my heart, almost as badly as the last triple cheeseburger i had

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 8:50am
Damaging hearts is what I do best. Just business, Orgy.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Nov 18,2008 8:56am
i always knew you were a cunt.
<3

toggletoggle post by NotCommonRecords  at Nov 18,2008 9:13am
My girlfriend is vegan, and alot of vegetarian foods are not okay for her to eat because they have eggs or dairy in them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 18,2008 9:14am
blue said[orig][quote]
rar rar rar hippie fagz
I almost thought you were quoting converge until the end.

toggletoggle post by !!!!! at Nov 18,2008 9:31am
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]
I never thought the day would come, but I am delving into vegetarianism.

this is indeed a sad day

mark, you have damaged my heart, almost as badly as the last triple cheeseburger i had

Agreed...rice is usually cooked with chicken stock...Anna's Taqueria has veggie rice avail though...alot of places do...

toggletoggle post by !!!!! at Nov 18,2008 9:32am
wrong quote...last post was in response to mikeofdecrepitude

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Nov 18,2008 10:04am
This thread makes me a sad panda.

toggletoggle post by vomittingcarcass   at Nov 18,2008 11:28am edited Nov 18,2008 11:30am
After I first turned vegetarian (3 years ago) I mentioned it to my doctor expecting him to tell me how stupid I am for giving up meat, and that I will waste away to nothing, but instead all he said was "congratulations, you have a cholesterol free diet, and have virtually no chance of getting heart attack and all that other shit"

I know you used to hit the weights, i dunno if you still do or not, but here is a super gay website with lots of good resources for that type of shit.

www.veganbodybuilding.com

There are controversial findings that too much soy causes your body to produce more estrogen. Some people say its bullshit, but a lot of people say its not. Either way I try to stay away from un-fermented soy products whenever possible (because I end up eating it a lot even when I try not to) as long as an alternate protein source is available. Apparently un-fermented soy products have only been around this century, however fermented soy products have been a historical protein necessity for a lot of cultures.

good sources of vegetarian protein:

Tempeh (fermented soybeans: sounds gross but tastes awesome if you cook it nice. Tempeh is a complete protein, has a long list of positive benefits, and there is an island in the mediteranean where this is all people eat for protein since before jesus)

Seitan (wheat gluten)

Sprouted Wheat Tortillas and Bread (has 2-4x the protein of your standard bread depending on what crap you buy already)

Couscous

Hemp/Rice/Chia protein powder. Tastes as good as the whey shit, but if your sticking with cow milk, whey might be a better source (although that might just be slanted bullshit findings sponsored by the dairy industry who doesnt mind poisoning you with hormones for profit, so what would stop them from lying?).

I also hit the Hemp Milk instead of soy, same protein, no soy. Be careful though, some brands of stuff are gross. That's the problem with trying all these fruity alternate food sources, sometimes the manufacturer doesn't know what the fuck they are doing.

All of this shit can be found at Whole Foods, anywhere else its hit and miss.

Also, hit the Carnetein and B12 and flax oil as much as you can. Carnetein is necessary for your mitochondria to break down fat efficiently, and is probably the ONLY thing that vegetarians miss out on from not eating meat, contrary to popular douchebag belief.

I also eat seafood, which makes me not vegetarian, but I think its important to have a balanced source of protein. Too much of one thing always ends up screwing you one way or another, and you gotta draw the line at some point, bla bla.

Oh, and I had some chicken the other day for the first time in 3 years from a drunken mcdonalds run when I ordered fish and they handed black out drunk kid a chicken wrap. My asshole made violent exploding sounds for the next 3 days, so if you ever go back, be sure to ease into it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 18,2008 11:38am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i can see wanting to cut back on cow, i myself have done so. i still love me a burger/steak, but i've been substituting ground turkey a lot lately in dishes like Hamburger Helper and such. it digests much better. however a world without meat is a desolate wasteland i want no part of.

I have NO problem with eating meat as a principal, it's the way we farm it as an industry that I find horrible and gross. If I'm going to eat a steak, it's going to be a cow that was permitted to WALK at some point in its life. And maybe developed lean mass by moving as opposed to injections.

Gross.

And since I'm not capable of killing something myself, I'm just not going to eat it.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 11:40am
Thanks Mitch, that is definitely good shit to know...especially your asshole, haha.

toggletoggle post by deathchick   at Nov 18,2008 11:42am
if you don't know, learn to cook! It's very important to staying a healthy. Whole Foods is the best for food shopping. Taking a multivitamin is a good idea. Also B12 or general B vitamins.
There are some good vegetarian restaurants in the Boston area, Grasshopper, Veggie Planet, My Thai, TJ's... I also like to go to Indian restaurants, half the menu is usually vegetarian. Vietnamese and Thai are great too, but beware, they put fish sauce in everything unless you specifically ask about it. If you like bagels, the "Joy of Soy" bagel sandwich from Bagel Rising in Allston is amazing.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Nov 18,2008 11:45am edited Nov 18,2008 11:48am
veg/vegan for 9 years, i stopped about 2 years ago, and recently I had been getting stomache/colon/ abdominal pains so I went back, the pain went away, i will now be vegetarian (with some fish) the rest of my life

some goods for veg:
Quinoa
Miso
Garbanzo Beans
Edamame
BROWN rice
Kale!!
Chard
Bok Choy
Avocado!
Nuts
Lentils
Lots of fruit

(americans are protein obsessed, we really dont need as much as we think)

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 18,2008 11:50am
this is maybe the only veggie thread on this board that i dont feel compelled to argue in.

also, when lamp and i went to a vietnamese noodle house in nashua, he had a plate of sauce/grease left over and contemplated drinking it from the plate before saying "fuck it man, i don't care what people think, fuck it arrghhgh" and did the whole deal in one go. it was indeed a good day.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 11:53am
This thread rules, even if there are a few critics. Now is the time for me to learn how to cook anything but pancakes and french toast, haha.

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Nov 18,2008 12:00pm edited Nov 18,2008 12:04pm
a rice cooker is a good thing to have (if you eat rice, i guess) if you don't want to have to cook to be happy with food all the time.

rice + can of beans/corn/chickpeas/green peas/ spinach, canned tomatoes, bacos (yeah, bacos are vegan), etc + vegetable base (better than boullion brand is way better than any cube shit), soy sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, or whatever + spices all thrown in at once is pretty satisfying and ultra lazy.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Nov 18,2008 12:02pm
I am not criticizing your choice....just surprised by it (after some of the foods i have seen you talk about being in love with).

but seriously, good for you man.

just be careful of the dreaded vaginitis (as explained on south park, not eating meat may cause you to become a big pussy)

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Nov 18,2008 12:08pm
ZJD said[orig][quote]
this is maybe the only veggie thread on this board that i dont feel compelled to argue in.

also, when lamp and i went to a vietnamese noodle house in nashua, he had a plate of sauce/grease left over and contemplated drinking it from the plate before saying "fuck it man, i don't care what people think, fuck it arrghhgh" and did the whole deal in one go. it was indeed a good day.

I've been there, fantastic place. The chili clams are the fucking shit there.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 12:09pm
Haha, yeah, I was in denial in all those threads about donut burgers and whatnot. I'm sure I can make a vegie version on my own, haha. And if I do become a pussy, at least I am what I eat and stick my dick in my food...hiyoo!

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Nov 18,2008 12:13pm
i'm actually eating an awesome vegan chili my lady made last night

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 12:20pm
Do want. I'm stuck with a boring pasta dish because it was all that was left in my house except chicken, turkey and ham. Bah.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Nov 18,2008 12:23pm
Haha, yeah, I was in denial in all those threads about donut burgers and whatnot. I'm sure I can make a vegie version on my own, haha. And if I do become a pussy, at least I am what I eat and stick my dick in my food...hiyoo!

hah. amazing
-l-

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 12:25pm
Thank you sir, I'll be here all day.

toggletoggle post by CC_NLI at Nov 18,2008 12:27pm
>>
(americans are protein obsessed, we really dont need as much as we think)>>

on the contrary, we are actually 'starch' obsessed. there are other cultures that consume waaay more meat than us.

VEGAN-ism is cool and so is vege..but when politics can get in the way of what is important in terms of your own bio-chemestry...i think its a shame.

cutting back on red meat is great for lots of diff reasons, especially considering said protein is much more difficult to actually make use of and assimilate than say soy or that of fish.

always question consumption. moderation is key. imho those little wan vegan doods who look like casper are the same as joe shit the rag man who eats 5 burgers a day and hasnt seen his penis in a decade.

..something to consider: fish is prob one of the most complete foods out there but these days because of the bio-accumulation of heavy metals (siqq dude!) and industrial waste...certain types of fish can be super high in mercury...enough to do actual damage to your liver and shit. considering how much some cats on here drink and if you have mercury fillings ( why the ada ever thought that was a good idea is beyond me)..its something to consider.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 18,2008 12:50pm
CC_NLI said[orig][quote]
always question consumption. moderation is key. imho those little wan vegan doods who look like casper are the same as joe shit the rag man who eats 5 burgers a day and hasnt seen his penis in a decade.

correct indeed. the more i think about it the more i realize that i don't really eat a lot of red meat to begin with. i'll have a burger every once in a while. i absolutely love ground cow, but like you said, moderation is key. thats why i eat turkey most of the time, its just better for you. my biggest issue is that my body doesn't digest plants well at all. i can only eat a few kinds without feeling like garbage for 2 days.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Nov 18,2008 12:56pm

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 18,2008 12:58pm
OM NOM NOM

toggletoggle post by ctB0rderpatrol at Nov 18,2008 4:46pm
soy is terrible for men. chemically speaking, it can disrupt your hormone balance with something that it has in it that mimics estrogen when digested. i eat meat, but i like vegitarian food so long as it isnt full of this estrogen plant which is heralded as a wonder protien. the beans/rice combo is a win

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Nov 18,2008 4:48pm
soy isoflavones(isolated soy protein) are indeed bad, however, as a whole plant it is not bad for you, such as in edamame, nor as a fermeted probiotic (miso, tempeh) is it bad for you

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 18,2008 4:56pm
I've wondered about being one before since I love just about anything veggie-related.
But, there's no fucking way I'd ever quit eating steak, burgers, chicken or anything else. Last week I ate squid salad and squab in Chinatown and I was blown away.
I'll eat anything (food-item) in front of me. I've been interested in trying insects as of late; they're very good for you.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 18,2008 6:45pm
WWQD?

What would Quorthon do?

toggletoggle post by Seth at Nov 18,2008 7:36pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 18,2008 7:38pm
Jon is making me vegetarian chili right now. mmmm.
Mark, you need a husband that loves to cook...that's the trick.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 7:41pm
Damn straight I do. When am I moving in?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 18,2008 7:42pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Mark, you need a husband that loves the cock...that's the trick.

fixed

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 18,2008 7:45pm
i dont know but jon needs to start a band called vegetarian chili. fucking xgrindx mosh pit, vegetarian style

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 18,2008 7:47pm
xtofucorex

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 18,2008 7:47pm
Mark, vegetarian men are not men. They are of the "man vs. man" persuasion. Come up here for some Caribou chili.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 18,2008 7:50pm
venison chili for the win

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 7:54pm
Don't worry Hoser, I still enjoy the company of women. That will never change, haha.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 18,2008 8:23pm
Sorry man...I'm just worrying. That's what us parents do.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 18,2008 8:23pm edited Nov 18,2008 8:25pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

If you're eating things out of a box with the name Hamburger Helper you're truly not all that concerned about what you're putting in your body. Substituting turkey doesn't change much.

According to Nutrion Data, one serving of this supposed food contains more than 1/3 of a person's daily intake of fat, almost half of their calories, half your carbs, and almost twice the amount of your recommended daily intake of salt. That's right it contains 4568 mg of salt, which is 190% of your daily intake. This list also does not take into consideration that it contains Monosodium Glutomate (MSG).

I could probably guarantee that trainers and nutrionists would never in a million years recomend an athlete eating Hamburger Helper because of it's lack of nutritional value. And to some degree, no matter how much they aren't getting paid by the government, to push junk onto the impressionable public almost seems like a partial undoing of their positive contributions. Brands such as Powerade, Bauer, etc. would probably use them in their advertisements. And probably for the right price (a.k.a. sell yourself cheap) they could get a couple companies to use them in smaller markets and make the same amount that Hamburger Helper paid them to sell artificial, unhealthy processed crap.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Nov 18,2008 8:26pm
Hooray for capitalism ruining everyone's diets. I'm so glad my mother is a registered dietitian. Problem is, even though I know all sorts of fucked up shit about food, I still eat a lot of the crap I know I shouldn't, haha.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Nov 18,2008 8:31pm
Eat organic shit. chiken, some beef and so on. You don't need to eat alot of meat. Meat is natural and is not evil to eat it.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 18,2008 8:41pm
swamplorddvm said[orig][quote]
Eat organic shit. chiken, some beef and so on. You don't need to eat alot of meat. Meat is natural and is not evil to eat it.

Agreed. Except I don't know about the "meat is natural" part. Anal electrocution and forcefed steroids don't seem too natural.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Nov 18,2008 8:48pm
Well that's no. Killing with a spear is.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 18,2008 8:54pm
bingo

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 18,2008 9:00pm
whatever I veggie-ate the past couple days feels like I'm constantly pumping out razor blades.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 18,2008 9:03pm
Oh you put Dave's Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce in your Chorizo too? I know the feeling.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Nov 18,2008 9:19pm
the maggot untimatum

toggletoggle post by CC_NLI at Nov 18,2008 11:08pm
ctB0rderpatrol said[orig][quote]
soy is terrible for men. chemically speaking, it can disrupt your hormone balance with something that it has in it that mimics estrogen when digested. i eat meat, but i like vegitarian food so long as it isnt full of this estrogen plant which is heralded as a wonder protien. the beans/rice combo is a win

site your sources. your wrong..but site em anyways.

toggletoggle post by ctB0rderpatrol at Nov 19,2008 12:34pm

toggletoggle post by ctB0rderpatrol at Nov 19,2008 12:38pm
p.s. a simple google search will bring up many many more links about safe soy hormone treatment. soy has its place in the medical world, but for most people it should be used for fuel, not food

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 20,2008 7:35am
yummy said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

If you're eating things out of a box with the name Hamburger Helper you're truly not all that concerned about what you're putting in your body. Substituting turkey doesn't change much.

According to Nutrion Data, one serving of this supposed food contains more than 1/3 of a person's daily intake of fat, almost half of their calories, half your carbs, and almost twice the amount of your recommended daily intake of salt. That's right it contains 4568 mg of salt, which is 190% of your daily intake. This list also does not take into consideration that it contains Monosodium Glutomate (MSG).

I could probably guarantee that trainers and nutrionists would never in a million years recomend an athlete eating Hamburger Helper because of it's lack of nutritional value. And to some degree, no matter how much they aren't getting paid by the government, to push junk onto the impressionable public almost seems like a partial undoing of their positive contributions. Brands such as Powerade, Bauer, etc. would probably use them in their advertisements. And probably for the right price (a.k.a. sell yourself cheap) they could get a couple companies to use them in smaller markets and make the same amount that Hamburger Helper paid them to sell artificial, unhealthy processed crap.

meh.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 22,2008 10:43pm
witty

toggletoggle post by dunwich  at Nov 23,2008 1:43pm
"James Rutz is chairman of Megashift Ministries and founder-chairman of Open Church Ministries. He is the author of "MEGASHIFT: Igniting Spiritual Power," and "The Meaning of Life.""

I'm on the fence as far as soy goes until I read more about it, but that guy totally sounds credible...

toggletoggle post by eskimo... at Nov 23,2008 4:01pm
I am siding with the Eskimo in the arctic they have no plants so they only eat meat. And they live for many many years. American meat is fucked but thats all we got. Fight government handled foods not meat...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][1:37:12am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.04564 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]