Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Best NSBM? by GoatCatalyst on Jan 28,2007 12:38pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 28,2007 12:38pm
Best bands, best albums from those bands, best songs on those albums?

Drudkh and Hate Forest are probably at the top of my list. Some select Graveland and perhaps Woodtemple if they are indeed of that sort.
I know a lot of people are into Nokturnal Mortum, but I can't get past the fucking "yee hee hee" gypsy yelps. As far as Absurd goes, I've only heard "Facta..." and I think it sucks.

PS - I couldn't fucking care less about the "politics" involved. It's black fucking metal, it's not supposed to be life-affirming (but at the same time, I'm no white-trash lover and i see no reason to exalt any particular strain of human filth)

Just interested in the music and your opinions on the cream of this maligned crop.

I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, CNV!!!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jan 28,2007 12:42pm
What the fuck is NSblack metal, and Ill tell ya.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 28,2007 12:45pm
?

toggletoggle post by this_is_heresy  at Jan 28,2007 12:52pm
As far as NSBM, I'm a big fan of Syny Severa.

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 28,2007 12:55pm
PS...

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jan 28,2007 1:07pm
Nokturnal Mortum

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Jan 28,2007 1:13pm
Munruthel, Absurd, WotanOrden-new album is amazing, Sturmgewehr, Ohtar, Kroda, Oprich, Branikald, Na Rasputje, Before God, Kataxu, Graveland(if you consider them NSBM), Capricornus, Der Stürmer, Pantheon, Temnozor-HIGHLY recommended, Veil, Dark Fury-HIGHLY recommended, Bilskirnir, Temnojar,
And yes, I do listen to all those amazing bands.

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Jan 28,2007 1:15pm
Try to get Absurd's "Raubritter," "Totenlieder." "Blutgericht." or "Grimmige Volksmusik." The early stuff sucks.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 28,2007 1:25pm edited Jan 28,2007 1:32pm
I can't even begin to tell you how much of a trend NSBM has become - especially this past year.

My advice would be just listen to the classics, not any new-age myspace NSBM trend bands.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Jan 28,2007 1:37pm
dimmu borgir
cradle of filth

LOLZJK GAIS

you should check out:

Hellveto - very symphonic and epic. from poland. the newer stuff is waaay better than older. "zmierzch" is a great album.

Kroda - epic, huge folk/medieval influence. ukranian. "cry to me, river" is a super powerful cd.

Hordagaard - minimalistic and raw, along the lines of leviathan/burzum.

toggletoggle post by OCR at Jan 28,2007 2:26pm
powerkok said:
What the fuck is NSblack metal, and Ill tell ya.

national socalist black metal

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 28,2007 2:28pm
Absurd - Totenlieder rules

and Drudkh is not NS

I think most nsbm sucks and CNV is not NS

toggletoggle post by my_dying_bride at Jan 28,2007 4:15pm
rhetoric

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 28,2007 4:53pm

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Jan 28,2007 7:24pm
Damn, how could anyone not suggest the great LEGION OF DOOM?!

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 28,2007 10:49pm edited Jan 28,2007 10:55pm
I'd hate to admit it but most NSBM I've found sucks. Mostly for the fact that an abundance of these bands can't play for shit or won't spend money on a decent recording.

Heres an example of some highly regarded bands in the NS scene that I get a little too much credit. Although the Gestapo SS is novelty stuff its basically just bad Oi.
Judge for yourselves.
http://www.thepaganfront.com/pf.php?show=radio

Disclaimer: this lack of imagination and originality really goes for a lot of BM today not just the NS scene.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 28,2007 10:59pm
Not to be a kiss ass, but I think Cold Northern Vengeance has a good thing going and I really can't find anything overtly political in their material at all so, I wouldn't lump them into the NS category at all.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 28,2007 11:19pm
Thanks Troll

yeah, this band was never started to be political

I would like to think of it as an Occult experiment

we are all politically incorrect but I do not believe in radical right wing idealogies

and I am not about to give concrete answers to what I believe

these sorts of things tend to change over the course of time

there is a vast difference between the way you view the world when your a teenager and the way you will view things when your 40 years old

especially those that have devoted their lives to the pursuit of a higher knowledge

best to leave it a ??????

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 28,2007 11:26pm edited Jan 28,2007 11:27pm
SlavonicIdentity - I'm just curious, but I saw that you're 17. Now, do you own all of those albums you listed or did you DL them? I'm not calling you out or anything, I've downloaded some albums without buying them (I tend to buy the ones I enjoy or ones I haven't DLed). But, since you're 17, and if you own them, do you use your mom's credit card or something... or .. ?

I'm sorry, I just don't really understand how the highschool crowd knows about all of these bands now. Is it myspace or soulseek or what?

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jan 29,2007 7:02am

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Jan 29,2007 2:47pm
arilliusbm said:
SlavonicIdentity - I'm just curious, but I saw that you're 17. Now, do you own all of those albums you listed or did you DL them? I'm not calling you out or anything, I've downloaded some albums without buying them (I tend to buy the ones I enjoy or ones I haven't DLed). But, since you're 17, and if you own them, do you use your mom's credit card or something... or .. ?

I'm sorry, I just don't really understand how the highschool crowd knows about all of these bands now. Is it myspace or soulseek or what?

Only some I have downloaded, but most I have bought or traded for on tape, vinyl and cd. I use all my own money, which I received from working two jobs, not my mother's credit card. Though she did buy me some albums as holiday/birthday presents when I was 12 and 13. I've known most of these bands for a few years, whether you believe me or not, so not from myspace.

Yes, I understand, most of the highschool crowd are degenerate losers who only listen to the current trends.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 29,2007 3:30pm
arilliusbm said:

you'd be surprised at how many youngin's know about these bands. however the issue i have seen is that they listen to it because its cool to do so, or because it goes against what their parents say. they dont understand the ideology behind it. they read Lords of Chaos and assumed it made them an authority on black metal. in the black metal genre there is a GIGANTIC difference between listening and hearing. more so than any other genre.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 29,2007 5:17pm
Yea, Slavonic Identity, that's cool.
And yeti, I definitely know what you mean. It's just so different now, and there's so many genres of blackmetal - some of which are turning extremely trendy (suicidal black metal, new age NSBM, etc.) I love all kinds of black metal and metal especially, but one thing that's really starting to get to me is all these trends in blackmetal. I listen to it for myself, no others, but I'll talk about the music with people, etc. When I browse through the "blackmetal" side of myspace now I get sick because of all these kids who claim to have authority over everyone else because they've heard thousands of bands on soulseek or myspace.. haha.
The kvlt identity crisis strikes at a much younger age these days.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 29,2007 6:11pm
I restocked all the DRUDKH CDs...

http://www.pathosproductions.com/

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 29,2007 6:12pm
All NOKTURNAL MORTUM CDs in stock too.

toggletoggle post by euronymous at Mar 11,2009 9:44pm
idiot!!!

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 11,2009 9:59pm
Troll said[orig][quote]
most NSBM I've found sucks.

Me too. Just like most Christian metal and vegan grindcore.

Coincidence? I think not.

Absurd, Darkthrone, Burzum, Graveland, Veles, Ohtar, Infester, Legion of Doom and Spear of Longinus are exceptions.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 11,2009 10:05pm
Spear of Longinus.

Nazi yoga Hindus in my black metal? It's more likely than you think.

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Mar 11,2009 10:09pm
Troll said[orig][quote]
Heres an example of some highly regarded bands in the NS scene that I get a little too much credit. Although the Gestapo SS is novelty stuff its basically just bad Oi.

Gestapo 666 > Gestapo SS

toggletoggle post by jimboNLI at Mar 11,2009 10:11pm
i LOVE the name spear of longinus.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 11,2009 10:50pm
Ditto on never having considered Drudkh NS. I don't tend to slap that label on a band that doesn't wear it around themselves - considering every band NS that either has been "associated with" or has said some weird/sketchy stuff in interviews or on the net seems too much like the way the antifa witchunter types categorize stuff.

toggletoggle post by DJ DEATH at Mar 11,2009 11:18pm
Infernum,veles, Fullmoon, Gontyna Kry,... wow, all polish!

toggletoggle post by Paul CNV at Mar 12,2009 3:09am
Understand the parallels of the aryan race be it Hinduism to White Supremacy... Aryan race is full of the greatest things..................... The "Dionysus" race... Der Ubermensch und der Abgrund... SATAN

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Mar 12,2009 6:31am
Paul%20CNV said[orig][quote]
Understand the parallels of the aryan race be it Hinduism to White Supremacy... Aryan race is full of the greatest things..................... The "Dionysus" race... Der Ubermensch und der Abgrund... SATAN

Can you elaborate on drawing a parallel between Aryanism and Dionysus? Wouldn't the Aryan race be leaning more towards Apollonian tendencies? Creating structure and order out of chaos, as they see it?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 12,2009 7:21am
He may be referring to the Faustian spirit as described by Goethe and Nietzsche.

Old-school Hinduism definitely has NS beat for clarity and extremity. "We must kill these people, but in the big picture, their lives do not matter."

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Mar 12,2009 7:49am
Yeah, that reminds me of something Savitri Devi would have said.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 12,2009 8:28am
sounds more like a level of continuing the cast system which would be a level placed on top of NS by the affluent.
btw: let them eat cake.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 12,2009 8:37am
Caste isn't based on wealth, as you probably know; it's a form of meritocracy, although an intergenerational one.

NS had a primitive caste system but basically did not want to fuck with the Lutheran social order of Germany. For a supposed fascist state, there were lots of things they couldn't do because they were unpopular, including ban cigarettes as the guy with the weird mustache wanted to do. NS created a kind of "knight caste" in the waffen-SS but otherwise was a middle-class movement.

Interestingly, class correlates very closely with intelligence, with small exceptions for crazy artists and the like. Generally, lower class is under 110; middle class is 110-120ish; and upper middle class is 125+

This is why caste movements, and now classes, are mostly heritable: intelligence is passed on genetically.

toggletoggle post by C.dEaD at Mar 12,2009 8:43am
Infester is far from NSBM, but nice swastika in the backround of the drummer on that cd "To the Depths of Degradation". Cd is so fucking sewage.

toggletoggle post by thesac at Mar 12,2009 11:06am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Yea, Slavonic Identity, that's cool.
And yeti, I definitely know what you mean. It's just so different now, and there's so many genres of blackmetal - some of which are turning extremely trendy (suicidal black metal, new age NSBM, etc.) I love all kinds of black metal and metal especially, but one thing that's really starting to get to me is all these trends in blackmetal. I listen to it for myself, no others, but I'll talk about the music with people, etc. When I browse through the "blackmetal" side of myspace now I get sick because of all these kids who claim to have authority over everyone else because they've heard thousands of bands on soulseek or myspace.. haha.
The kvlt identity crisis strikes at a much younger age these days.

it's true. and now there's an invasion of these post-rock kids into black metal. keep your artsy bullshit to yourself

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Mar 12,2009 11:08am
Post-Nordic Folkcore.

toggletoggle post by FUCK ANUS.COM at Mar 17,2009 7:56pm
People who talk shit about Dimmu Borgir and compare them to Cradle of Faggots are idiots. They sound nothing alike and Dimmu are a metal band! Who gives a fuck if they aren't black metal!

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 17,2009 8:01pm
I'm not 100% about Walknut (some dudes from Forest)being NS. But I enjoy them. I feel Forest might fit into the NS thing but they're not very in your face about it. Forest is also good.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 17,2009 8:11pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

This is why caste movements, and now classes, are mostly heritable: intelligence is passed on genetically.

Not as much as say hair color and such. But alittle yes.

Intelligence is more of a nurture thing. more than nature.

btw I know some might say that's a liberal lie or whatever.
But it's true.

Environment has much to do with it.

I'd judge caste on culture.
Some cultures are just plain low.

toggletoggle post by AfterWorldObliteration   at Mar 17,2009 8:17pm
Just what exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that make you proud to be white?
Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms?

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 17,2009 8:21pm
AfterWorldObliteration said[orig][quote]
Just what exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that make you proud to be white?
Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms?

Alot has to do with luck.. chance... geological location.

All humans would do the same if they could. It doesn't make it right. But all humans are greedy.

Like I said. chance.

That cliche "I'm not racist. I hate everyone." It's true.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 17,2009 8:21pm
Someone wishes they were Aryan.

toggletoggle post by AfterWorldObliteration   at Mar 17,2009 8:22pm
Kill them all and let a Norse God sort 'em out.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 17,2009 8:24pm
Keep in mind. Africans kill africans. Whites kills whites and Arabs kill arabs... and so on.

I'm sure Nazi germany would have had several civil wars in the future if they won ww2 and lasted long enough. There's always something to dev ide people. No matter what race or class.

Anyways. back to NSBM.

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at Mar 17,2009 9:36pm
swamplorddvm said[orig][quote]
Keep in mind. Africans kill africans. Whites kills whites and Arabs kill arabs... and so on.

I'm sure Nazi germany would have had several civil wars in the future if they won ww2 and lasted long enough. There's always something to dev ide people. No matter what race or class.

Anyways. back to NSBM.

nope, no way would hitler allow such dissention necessary to cause a civil uprising, he would have squashed that shit early! Heil der fuhrer! ha ha Basically Absurd is the best NSBM and destroys most other bands in any genre.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Mar 17,2009 9:39pm edited Mar 17,2009 9:40pm
Branikald. Hate Forest.Nokturnal Mortem. Kroda. Ohtar. Burzum I guess if that counts.

LOL at Darkthrone being called NS....

Oh I love that Absurd song Eternal Winter. Everything else... meh.

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol_2 at Mar 17,2009 9:51pm

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 17,2009 9:59pm
I'm not 100% about Walknut (some dudes from Forest)being NS. But I enjoy them. I feel Forest might fit into the NS thing but they're not very in your face about it. Forest is also good.

Forest is so not in your face about it that they put two ghosts in SS uniforms on their last album's cover art. Shit's hiding in plain sight, like Hogan's radio.

ONLY COLONEL KLINK IS REAL

toggletoggle post by HAMBONE at Jan 14,2014 2:20pm
BUMP FOR RELEVANCY

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 14,2014 3:03pm
Goatmoon and Der Sturmer are phat

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 14,2014 3:09pm
Hahaha @ this being 7 years ago.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at Jan 14,2014 3:25pm edited Jan 14,2014 8:17pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
Goatmoon and Der Sturmer are phat

Naer Mataron too.

most NS bands suck though, buncha second rate black metal and third rate oi!

and them politics? oof.

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Jan 14,2014 3:26pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
Caste isn't based on wealth, as you probably know; it's a form of meritocracy, although an intergenerational one.

Do a textbook oxymoron about it, why dontcha.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 14,2014 3:35pm
Truth is, I'd rather watch House Party than listen to homely whites play fast.

toggletoggle post by whitenoiseblackchaos at Jan 15,2014 8:49am
Dub Buk is fantastic!

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 15,2014 1:58pm
quintessence said[orig][quote]
LOL at Darkthrone being called NS....

It was a big deal back in the 1990s, which were not nearly as tolerant a time as now. After a few incidents and then the Peaceville Records flap, Darkthrone got tagged as bad guys and many people refused to have anything to do with them.

After Burzum, everything changed.

FWIW. I'm 1788, not 14/88.

toggletoggle post by MR. BURNS GORILLA VEST at Jan 23,2014 11:32am
[QUOTE="CNV:566705"CNV is not NS

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 23,2014 11:37am
Africans kill africans. Whites kills whites and Arabs kill arabs... and so on.

Diversity -- of any form: religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic -- doesn't work and divides people against one another.

toggletoggle post by Snowden NLI at Jan 23,2014 12:21pm
conservationist said[orig][quote]
Diversity -- of any form: religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic -- doesn't work and divides people against one another.

What does this even mean? Religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic diversity between humans is an inescapable descriptive fact, not something that does or doesn't "work".

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sarkdonicus at Jan 23,2014 2:12pm

[insert socio-buzzword here ] -- of any form: religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic -- doesn't work and divides people against one another.

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 23,2014 5:01pm
Snowden%20NLI said[orig][quote]
What does this even mean? Religious, ethnic, cultural, linguistic diversity between humans is an inescapable descriptive fact, not something that does or doesn't "work".

Not within the same society. Check your history, bro.

toggletoggle post by Snowden NLI at Jan 23,2014 11:58pm

Oh man, you're right - I totally forgot what about the abject and diverse failures of ancient Greece and Rome.

Seriously though: the kinds of diversity you're talking about are an inescapable fact of life MAYBE unless you're talking about insular island societies like pre-nowadays Japan. Whether it's Norse, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, African, Asian, whatever societies, travel and cultural interchance has always been a fact of life.

On the other hand, if you're using the word "diversity" to mean "not concentrating power in the hands of a specific minority," just be honest about it.

toggletoggle post by Keep It Pure at Jan 24,2014 12:36am
I just wanna fuck my cousin, bro.

toggletoggle post by BURNING JEW at Jan 24,2014 6:03am
WOLFNACHT

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 24,2014 8:04am

Oh man, you're right - I totally forgot what about the abject and diverse failures of ancient Greece and Rome.

Seriously though: the kinds of diversity you're talking about are an inescapable fact of life MAYBE unless you're talking about insular island societies like pre-nowadays Japan. Whether it's Norse, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, African, Asian, whatever societies, travel and cultural interchance has always been a fact of life.

On the other hand, if you're using the word "diversity" to mean "not concentrating power in the hands of a specific minority," just be honest about it.

Too many logical errors to count. Point me to the great diversity successes. Oh wait, there are none. There's a reason.

toggletoggle post by NH Brufaggotry at Jan 24,2014 8:20am
Duncan owes me $18!

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sarkdonicus at Jan 24,2014 9:27am
Point me to the great diversity successes.

CANADA

toggletoggle post by Digiornio Beast Assassination at Jan 24,2014 10:07am
CNV said[orig][quote]
CNV is not NS

toggletoggle post by Snowden NLI at Jan 24,2014 2:34pm

Too many logical errors to count. Point me to the great diversity successes. Oh wait, there are none. There's a reason.

I did this already. Ancient Greece. Rome. Now your turn! Point us all to the great successes of homogenous cultures that didn't/wouldn't exchange ideas with outsiders.

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 24,2014 11:08pm

I did this already. Ancient Greece. Rome. Now your turn! Point us all to the great successes of homogenous cultures that didn't/wouldn't exchange ideas with outsiders.

Ancient Greece and Rome were diversity successes? They weren't diverse in their earlier days. Then they got diverse, and shortly afterward collapsed. What was your argument?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 25,2014 12:26am
I like seeing this thread directly under a thread complaining about how Arduous Task is a Nazi band.

toggletoggle post by 卐 14 BOOTSTORM 88 卐 at Jan 25,2014 6:39pm
There is a lot of great NSBM out there, you just have to look for it. Keep ZOG at bay with the music of hate!

toggletoggle post by 14卐88 at Jan 25,2014 6:53pm
Great racially aware music.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Jan 26,2014 11:30pm

Ancient Greece and Rome were diversity successes? They weren't diverse in their earlier days. Then they got diverse, and shortly afterward collapsed.

No. They both encompassed a diverse range of cultures, languages and geographies, and this had nothing to do with them "collapsing shortly afterward."

Again, show us all the insular, isolated cultures that you're suggesting were more "successful". Iceland? Japan? Easter Island?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2014 12:03pm edited Jan 27,2014 12:11pm
Cultural and geographic isolation only goes so far; outward expansion ultimately leads to a more diverse culture, as the further one goes away from their cultural epicenter, differences occur. Form a historical perspective, I believe that societies have shown more unity when they are of similar culture and beliefs. However, in an expanding world where resources are the only thing that matter (we still fight that battle today), cultures clash and /or mix into a more diverse society where it becomes inescapable to appease those of different cultures and beliefs. The only possible way to avoid a diverse society (at least it seems) is to never intermingle with those unlike yourself. You kill them off. But, as we know, that is impossible in a modernized world. I think, as humans expand to the stars, we will ultimately be at the point where our planetary colonies will experience the same thing. They will develop their own sense of culture and identity, and the process will repeat itself.

That being said, I still believe the x factor here will be the threat of an alien species. Will humans unite as one and forget our differences? At some point, as a species, we are going to have to accept all differences for what they are, and recognize us a one single species in an endless and infinite universe.
Also, dumb humans suck.

toggletoggle post by LucyInTheSkyWithFriedDough at Jan 27,2014 12:27pm
CNV said[orig][quote]
CNV is not NS

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 27,2014 1:45pm
OTW's > black metal

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sarkdonicus at Jan 27,2014 2:23pm
Then they got diverse, and shortly afterward collapsed.

Yeah, they picked up diversity at the diversity store one day, and later in the evening they "shortly...collapsed" because their diversity was defective and they couldn't return it.

History is convenient when you think you already know its lessons.

toggletoggle post by 14卐88 at Jan 28,2014 9:57am
Rome got more diverse as the end approached. The correlation is unavoidable.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][6:57:50pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.03005 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]