New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I love Newbury Comics by ConquerTheBaphomet on Oct 14,2006 10:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 14,2006 10:50pm
I bought:

Zyklon- Disintegrate
Goatwhore- A Haunting Curse
Immortal- Sons of Northern Darkness
Thyrane- Travesty of Heavenly Essence

Best store I've been to in a while that actually has what I'm looking for.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Oct 14,2006 10:58pm
I actually just got back from buyin the Goatwhore and Zyklon cds you just got, from the Virgin store. Half price!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Oct 14,2006 11:28pm
I love Armageddon Shop a hell of a lot more.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 15,2006 12:41am
Aegathis said:
I actually just got back from buyin the Goatwhore and Zyklon cds you just got, from the Virgin store. Half price!

Aren't they fantastic?????

toggletoggle post by metalguy at Oct 15,2006 1:34am
Newbury Comics fucking sucks ass...I can't even walk out of that place completely happy with what I have found... They don't have any good brutal death metal... And the jazz selection fucking blows.. Whenever I have a hankering for new music I guess shop on amazon.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Oct 15,2006 1:56am
havent listened to the zyklon cd yet

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Oct 15,2006 8:32am
BobNOMAAMRooney nli said:
I love Armageddon Shop a hell of a lot more.

Seconded X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

toggletoggle post by Troll at Oct 15,2006 9:53am
Why leave the the comfort and security of your own personal shithole?
http://www.redstream.org
http://www.evilmusic.com
Amazon, Newbury's Online, OakKnoll(great prices!)
If your into brutal crap
http://www.primitiverecordings.com
http://www.razorbackrecords.com
http://fade.to/gasworld <(canadian exchange=cheap! They deal with more crust and grind you'll find alot of that tech death-gurgle you kids like so much these days)

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 15,2006 10:01am
I like the metal section at Bull Moose just as much as Newbury's, but as others have said. Why pay more at the local store when you can order online for far better prices?

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Oct 15,2006 11:30am edited Oct 15,2006 11:31am
Too bad you guys don't live close to Vintage Vinyl. AMAZING metal section. I can't walk out of that store without buying way too much.

http://www.vvinyl.com

toggletoggle post by the real sphincter at Oct 15,2006 11:41am
newbury sux i cant find wumpscut's bunkertor 7 or anything from funker vogt or suicide commando

toggletoggle post by ZJD   at Oct 15,2006 3:17pm
When I lived in Chicago, I always went this awesome record store called Metal Haven. It had ever metal release I'd ever even heard of, plus about ten million more. As far as I know, you can buy from them online from anywhere in the world.

http://www.metalhavenchicago.com

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 15,2006 3:54pm
ZJD said:
When I lived in Chicago, I always went this awesome record store called Metal Haven. It had ever metal release I'd ever even heard of, plus about ten million more. As far as I know, you can buy from them online from anywhere in the world.

http://www.metalhavenchicago.com

They have an Isengard shirt. This store rules.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 15,2006 4:39pm
I got a new check card so maybe I will look into buying things online.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Oct 15,2006 5:32pm
newbury comics only good quality is the dicount on new releases, other than that, fuck that bottomfeeding pop shithole. bullmoose is a better quality store, where you can earn points toward future purchases with both a great punk and a good seperate metal section. portsmouth NH and salem NH have a store.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Oct 15,2006 5:33pm
newbury comics only good quality is the dicount on new releases, other than that, fuck that bottomfeeding pop shithole. bullmoose is a better quality store, where you can earn points toward future purchases with both a great punk and a good seperate metal section. portsmouth NH and salem NH have a store.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 15,2006 5:40pm
i need to check out some of these websites, as well as bull moose when i have a bit more money. i usually have good luck with some newbury comics, especially harvard square. i always find semi-hard to find metal cd's used for like 6 bucks there. plus their comic book selection is better than any of the other newbury comics.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 15,2006 5:46pm
You need to spend more at http://www.pathosproductions.com/ damn it!

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 15,2006 5:49pm
rotivore said:

I didn't say anything about Newbury Comics being better. I have been to Bullmoose and I love it there too.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 15,2006 6:08pm
rotivore said:
bullmoose is a better quality store, where you can earn points toward future purchases with both a great punk and a good seperate metal section. portsmouth NH and salem NH have a store.

The Portsmouth store is awesome.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 15,2006 6:11pm
Who remembers Rockit Records in Nashua NH? It used to be where Newbie's is now. They went out of business in like 2001 or so. Awesome store.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Oct 15,2006 7:18pm
I used to go to Rockit in Saugus all the time.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 15,2006 7:33pm
i remember both rockits

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Oct 15,2006 7:47pm
metalguy said:
Newbury Comics fucking sucks ass...I can't even walk out of that place completely happy with what I have found... They don't have any good brutal death metal... And the jazz selection fucking blows.. Whenever I have a hankering for new music I guess shop on amazon.

I'm tellin ya, try half.com. You can get used shit for like $3.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Oct 15,2006 7:48pm
Ryan_M said:
Who remembers Rockit Records in Nashua NH? It used to be where Newbie's is now. They went out of business in like 2001 or so. Awesome store.

Hell yeah!!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2006 10:42am
i have a legitimate addiction to Newbury Comics.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Oct 16,2006 10:59am
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
I bought:

Zyklon- Disintegrate

none of these are hard to find at all!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 16,2006 1:10pm
Newbury's was the place to be when I was in high school. I should have just had my Shaws paycheck forwarded to the Braintree Newbury Comics. Then one day, either I changed, newbury's changed, or music changed because they just didn't have anything I wanted there anymore. A couple times I spent over an hour in there and came out with nothing. Go figure.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2006 3:20pm
the one in Shrewsbury has a great selection, unfortunately they dont separate the metal from the "rock/pop" section, so you have to sort through thousands upon thousands of shit cds to find what you are looking for stuck somewhere in the middle.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 16,2006 3:32pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
You need to spend more at http://www.pathosproductions.com/ damn it!

haha, i'm keeping pathos afloat goddammit. i'm assuming i'll be giving you even more of my money at the embalmer show on saturday anyway.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 16,2006 3:53pm
Yeti said:
the one in Shrewsbury has a great selection, unfortunately they dont separate the metal from the "rock/pop" section, so you have to sort through thousands upon thousands of shit cds to find what you are looking for stuck somewhere in the middle.

I hear you on that one dude; it's like you really have to try to remember all the tons of bands you're into in order to weed out something cool.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 16,2006 3:58pm
xmikex said:
I should have just had my Shaws paycheck forwarded to the Braintree Newbury Comics.

I miss being able to do that shit....I'd get paid Thursday, maybe $150.00 on an average week. By the end of Friday night, I'd be lucky if I still had $5.00 left in my pocket. But I had a stack of like 5-10 new CD's to check out and maybe a snappy new Cannibal Corpse shirt to gross my classmates out with at school on Monday.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Oct 16,2006 4:37pm
Abbath said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
I bought:

Zyklon- Disintegrate

none of these are hard to find at all!

Yeah....well it didn't help that all I had in my area was a Sam Goody.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][7:48:50am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02732 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]