New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Edge Fest Today Sucka's by anonymous on Jul 8,2006 2:08am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 8,2006 2:08am
2nd Annual Straight Edge Fest

July 8th 2006

XBATTLEGROUNDX
Suffocate Faster
xTyrantx
In this Defiance
xRepresentx
Blood of the Martyr
Eyes to the Sky
Never Again
Deal With It
Element of One
The World We Knew
xEnough is Enoughx
To This Day
Sacred Pledge
Our Revenge
Gaining Ground
Rhinoceros
Recon

@ The Auburn Public Theater
108 Genesee St Auburn,NY 13021
Doors at 11:30 $12

There is gonna be straight edge clothing line companies such as 1981 clothing , motive company , and pride or punishment clothing , also there will be animal rights tables such as SARO , motive etc. and human rights tables. There will be food and drinks availible and there is re-entry. No fights. No smoking and drinking on the property. Have fun and enjoy the day. If you have any questions regarding the fest or directions on how to get here, please let us know.
www.myspace.com/xedgefestx

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 8,2006 2:46am
xGAYx

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 8,2006 2:49am
I would love to see suffocate faster and our revence.

toggletoggle post by CTborderpatrol at Jul 8,2006 2:51am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
xGAYx

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 8,2006 2:52am
xLAMEx

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2006 5:23am
xhahahahahax
xId rather get fucked up, than put x'x all over everyxthing I writex

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 8,2006 5:46am
xRepresentX is the gretest straightedge band name ever. I bet they are super tough and will break your face if drink in front of them.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 8,2006 5:47am
Oh, and what's up with the no fighting policy. That shit is wicked gay.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 8,2006 6:35am
lets roll up to this shit-a-thon reeking of weed and drunk as fuck. i wonder how fast the place would turn into a riot and shut the show down. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 8,2006 8:09am
Yeah, I think all you drunks and stoners should come to the fest. It would bea lot of fun.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 8,2006 8:50am
xICANTWAITUNTILYOURINEVITABLEEDGEBREAKx

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jul 8,2006 9:08am
this show is gay.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 8,2006 10:41am
Straight edge huh? Does this mean that no one at this show will be drunk or stoned?

toggletoggle post by Scoracrasia   at Jul 8,2006 10:43am
xfuckthisgayhomosexualshitx

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 8,2006 1:28pm
I thought straightedge was a lifestyle......NOT A FUCKING CLOTHING LINE

fuck this show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 8,2006 1:47pm
I'm not edge.. I just got some pain killers from the dentist cause my mouth feels like I've been chewing on aluminum foil even though I haven't for some hours now and my jaw feels cramped.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Jul 8,2006 2:00pm
I got my wisdom teeth taken out and refused to take the perks, but then I turned around and sold them.

I wonder, would that be praised or frowned upon by the straight edge community?

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 8,2006 2:04pm
As long as you're not selling that shit around us. Dealers get a beatdown when we're around.

toggletoggle post by Scoracrasia   at Jul 8,2006 2:05pm
XtoughX said:
As long as you're not selling that shit around us. Dealers get a beatdown when we're around.

tuff

toggletoggle post by dertoxia   at Jul 8,2006 2:30pm

xstraightxedgex

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 8,2006 4:18pm
XtoughX said:

Dear guy,

Shutup.

Sincerely,
Real Straightedge Kids

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jul 8,2006 4:24pm
xmikex said:
XtoughX said:

Dear guy,

Shutup.

Sincerely,
Real Straightedge Kids

hahahaha yeah really.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 8,2006 4:29pm
xSTUPIDx

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 8,2006 4:39pm
Anyone offended on either side of the fence by an obvious joke post is a retard.

toggletoggle post by xanonymoshhxcdancerx at Jul 8,2006 6:53pm
wihxc are there

toggletoggle post by xanonymoshhxcdancerx at Jul 8,2006 6:54pm
wihxc are mostly sxe but we don't care if your not, we hate people like xTOUGHx

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 8,2006 11:20pm
I take prescription meds but dont do drugs or drink? Am I still considered straight edge LOL!!

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 3:46am
xmikex said:
XtoughX said:

Dear guy,

Shutup.

Sincerely,
Real Straightedge Kids

You ain't for real. Unless you giving brutal beatdowns to the drunks and drug addicts you are not straightedge. You need to stand up for what you believe in. There's no standing on the fence, you need to choose a side.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 3:48am
Kill anyone with a beer in their hand
Cause if you drink you're not a man

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 9,2006 3:54am
hahaha alright. this has got to be a joke. fun stuff.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jul 9,2006 4:08am
I wish I could say I was in on this, but I can't.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 9,2006 11:47am
i like hardcore but the tough guy beat people up for drinking xtoughx people just make me mad and turn me off...
don't most sxe bands play in bars anyways look up in nashua and down in brockton

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 9,2006 11:48am
so xTOUGHx how was the show did you beat anyone up for mentioning not being sxe?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 9,2006 1:19pm
anonymous said:
i like hardcore but the tough guy beat people up for drinking xtoughx people just make me mad and turn me off...
don't most sxe bands play in bars anyways look up in nashua and down in brockton

who gives a shit about bars. the real point to be made is that just about every straightedge kid on the planet hangs out with kids who drink. Some of my friends are straightedge, most of them drink. I'd like to say it's because we "all respect eachothers choices" but the fact of the matter is nobody cool gives a shit as long as you're having fun.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 9,2006 1:23pm
true that is my adititude towards it i don't care what you do just have fun

toggletoggle post by xmrmoustachex at Jul 9,2006 3:18pm
xhomoerotictoiletplayx

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 3:38pm
anonymous said:
so xTOUGHx how was the show did you beat anyone up for mentioning not being sxe?

As you may or may not have noticed in the thread, I made mention of not liking the venue's no fighting policy. I didn't bother going. People don't need to mention they are straightedge.
YOU WEAR YOUR FUCKING X's WITH PRIDE!!!

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 9,2006 3:38pm
Why the hell beat the shit out of people drinking if you don't believe in it. That's like every single very unpopular organized group in the past (I.E. Nazi's, KKK). I choose not to drink or do drugs or sleep around but it doesn't mean I'm going to Xbeat the shit out of everyoneX.

Hey that sounds like a good band name. SXE MBERS ONLY PLZ.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 9,2006 3:43pm
Everyone in this thread who believes this guy is for real is a fucking moron that should be killed.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 3:47pm
We beat the hell out of people for drinking because it is disrespectful to OUR scene. How can you equate us to Nazi's or the Klan? Losers drinking and doing drugs are not doing so because they have no choice. People who are black, jewish, hispanic are born as is. Furthermore, those "unpopular organized groups" were embraced during their time by millions. Beer swilling Germans killed the jews. Whiskey drinking rednecks lynched the blacks. If you are indeed straightedge you really need to open your eyes. No revolution has ever succeeded without violence.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 9,2006 3:49pm
Unneeded violence does nothing but piss people off. I actually don't label myself straightedge because it's just a clothing line now.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 9,2006 3:52pm
PS if you made good music people would listen to it and get the message. Throwing fists isn't a good way to keep people off drugs.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jul 9,2006 3:57pm
ive never heard of these bands, but id go if it were open bar.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 4:09pm

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 4:13pm
I've been hardline straightedge for over 10 years now. Throwing fists is a great way to keep people off of drugs. That's not what we're trying to do though. We're trying to keep them out of OUR scene.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 9,2006 4:30pm
XtoughX said:
Beer swilling Germans killed the jews. Whiskey drinking rednecks lynched the blacks. If you are indeed straightedge you really need to open your eyes. No revolution has ever succeeded without violence.

if what you say is true... what "revolution" did the rednecks acheive through their blatantly racist ignorance? amazing that the only "revolution" that you listed that actually "succeeded" was the holocaust... and even then it was short lived because they got their shit pushed in. so... if you're going to try to show how correct and purposeful something is... get your comparisons and analogies and whatever else you need to do so straight or else you will look like a huge tool... well... a bigger one than usual.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 9,2006 4:32pm
RichHorror said:
Everyone in this thread who believes this guy is for real is a fucking moron that should be killed.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 9,2006 4:33pm
oh i know... but this guy should put more thought into it. i mean... his logic and reasoning is so far off its saddening.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 4:50pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
if what you say is true... what "revolution" did the rednecks acheive through their blatantly racist ignorance? amazing that the only "revolution" that you listed that actually "succeeded" was the holocaust... and even then it was short lived because they got their shit pushed in. so... if you're going to try to show how correct and purposeful something is... get your comparisons and analogies and whatever else you need to do so straight or else you will look like a huge tool... well... a bigger one than usual.

First you don't achieve a revolution, you start a revolution or participate in one. You are having a problem with your logic. A revolution can only bring about true change through violence. Blood must be shed. If an individual commits an act of violence it does not mean they are taking part in a revolution. Rednecks were not part of a revolution. A revolution is happens when a group rallies to end injustice or harm being brought upon the human condition. Rednecks were not trying to change society. They were trying to "preserve" their way of life. Society already hated blacks and the lynchings were a byproduct of hate.

Second, the holocaust was not a revolution. The revolution was the nazis trying to being about societal change and better the lives of their fellow Germans who lived in poverty following WWI. Unfortunately, during such revolutions often groups are scapegoated and the purpose of the revolution can be shielded. The holocaust was an unfortuante and unnecessary byproduct of the German nationalist movement during WWII.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 9,2006 4:52pm edited Jul 9,2006 4:52pm
XtoughX said:
We beat the hell out of people for drinking because it is disrespectful to OUR scene. How can you equate us to Nazi's or the Klan? Losers drinking and doing drugs are not doing so because they have no choice. People who are black, jewish, hispanic are born as is. Furthermore, those "unpopular organized groups" were embraced during their time by millions. Beer swilling Germans killed the jews. Whiskey drinking rednecks lynched the blacks. If you are indeed straightedge you really need to open your eyes. No revolution has ever succeeded without violence.

You're probably just talking shit, and beat nobody up.

One day, you will not be straightedge anymore. Neither will the vast majority of straightedge people you know. On that day, I'd ask that you look back and re-evaluate statements like the one you made above.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX at Jul 9,2006 4:57pm
Yes, you are absolutely correct. We never commit any acts of violence. That would be wrong and against the law.

Straightedge for life. I am now 26 and have been straightedge for 10 years.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX  at Jul 9,2006 5:02pm
Oh, and why did you have to edit your post? Not sure what you stand for?

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 9,2006 5:22pm
Why is so much violence put towards not being straightedge? The whole "STRAIGHT EDGE OR DIE" bull shit is really old. I'm all for it because I fall under all the categories and I've been supporting it for quite a few years now but I'm real tired of the bull shit behind all the "tough guys". All this wicked broxcore shit is retarded. It's like you guys are trying to scare people into doing it which is totally contradicting everything else most hardcore is all about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for what straightedge is, but I'm not going to assault people who make different choices than me.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 9,2006 5:28pm
hahaha, you're all stupid. I know toddlers that wouldn't be as easily fooled.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 9,2006 6:56pm
one time I went to a REAL straightedge show. It was In My Eyes (last show) Ten Yard Fight (post-last show), Mouthpeice and a bunch of other straightedge bands. After the show ended and 300+ straightedge kids filed out of the show there was this guy standing in the doorway with 6 six pack of beer in one hand and an open bottle in his other hand.

everyone walked past him and minded their own business... because straightedge is for yourself.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 9,2006 6:58pm
XtoughX said:

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 9,2006 7:33pm
XtoughX said:
Yes, you are absolutely correct. We never commit any acts of violence. That would be wrong and against the law.

hmmm ok if your 26 and been straightedge for 10 years then that means your were one of these "drunken drug infested scum bags" you are talking about....
at 16 isn't illegal to drink anyways??

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 9,2006 7:34pm
Or he's a regular board member fucking around. But then that would make you stupid.

toggletoggle post by Scoracrasia   at Jul 9,2006 7:35pm
Ha, I have more respect for Nazi's than ignorant meathead straightedgers.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 9,2006 8:51pm
XtoughX said:
Beer swilling Germans killed the jews. Whiskey drinking rednecks lynched the blacks.

You should knock back a six pack and tell me how many Jews you killed in the process.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 9,2006 9:16pm edited Jul 9,2006 9:18pm
XtoughX said:

Good luck with that. I have no problem with someone being straightedge, but it's a fact that about 100% of the straightedge crowd will break it. I've known people who were sXe for 10 years plus and still broken it.

As far as not committing acts of violence, good.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 9,2006 9:17pm
XtoughX said:
Oh, and why did you have to edit your post? Not sure what you stand for?

Nah, probably just grammar or spelling.

I know damn well what I stand for. Being an individual, not a peon in a movement I did not create.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 9,2006 10:00pm
xmikex said:
one time I went to a REAL straightedge show. It was In My Eyes (last show) Ten Yard Fight (post-last show), Mouthpeice and a bunch of other straightedge bands. After the show ended and 300+ straightedge kids filed out of the show there was this guy standing in the doorway with 6 six pack of beer in one hand and an open bottle in his other hand.

everyone walked past him and minded their own business... because straightedge is for yourself.

That's how it should be.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX  at Jul 10,2006 12:05am
xmikex said:

Another time I went to band camp and stuck a flute in my pussy.

Damn, I missed that one.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX  at Jul 10,2006 12:08am
anonymous said:
hmmm ok if your 26 and been straightedge for 10 years then that means your were one of these "drunken drug infested scum bags" you are talking about....
at 16 isn't illegal to drink anyways??

I made the decision at age 16 to become part of the straightedge movement. I had been going to shows for a couple of years. Again the logic of the posts here is utterly amazing. Who pissed in the gene pool? State mandated eugenics programs are needed now.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 10,2006 12:19am
Wow, that's the same thing Jeff from my band says all the time.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 10,2006 1:44am
XtoughX said:
TheGreatSpaldino said:

First you don't achieve a revolution, you start a revolution or participate in one. You are having a problem with your logic. A revolution can only bring about true change through violence. Blood must be shed. If an individual commits an act of violence it does not mean they are taking part in a revolution. Rednecks were not part of a revolution. A revolution is happens when a group rallies to end injustice or harm being brought upon the human condition. Rednecks were not trying to change society. They were trying to "preserve" their way of life. Society already hated blacks and the lynchings were a byproduct of hate.

Second, the holocaust was not a revolution. The revolution was the nazis trying to being about societal change and better the lives of their fellow Germans who lived in poverty following WWI. Unfortunately, during such revolutions often groups are scapegoated and the purpose of the revolution can be shielded. The holocaust was an unfortuante and unnecessary byproduct of the German nationalist movement during WWII.

yes yes... but that isnt what i was saying. you listed rednecks lynching and germans hating, both as mass acts of violence, then you stated that a revolution can not be acheived unless violence is involved. this creates your point. your point is that your bullshit idealism can only satiated through violence and that this makes or will obtain a revolution. the problem with this, is that your comparisons are immensely flawed, seeing as that 1. they did not revolutionize anything. 2. they also failed miserably and 3. you said this yourself. if logic is not with me, then it is for damn sure not within a billion lightyears from you. quit this charade. it isnt even funny anymore. you have been owned by real straight edge people and by people that actually have an IQ above 20.

toggletoggle post by XtoughX  at Jul 10,2006 2:43am
Let me dumb this down a bit.
1. Rednecks lynching is not a revolution. It is an act of violence by a dominant group over a subordinate group. Nat Turner's rebellion was a revolution. It was the subordinate group striking back against the oppressive dominant group.

2. Genocide of a race is not a revolution. It is mass murder.

3. Committing a violent act does not automatically mean you are part of a revolution. Shooting your neighbor because you do not like him is not the start of a revolution.

4. A revolution is a means to an end (i.e. American Revolution to free the colonies from British oppression).

5. No revolution has been successful without the use of violence.

6. A revolution can fail miserably, but still be considered a revolution (i.e. the French Revolution. What started out as a revolution against the tyranny of the king turned into tyranny itself. It was indeed successful at first then the revolutionaries began committing the same acts which they initially were fighting against).

7. You do not know what the word revolution means or what it entails.
A revolution is a drastic change that usually occurs relatively quickly. This may be a change in the social or political institutions over a relatively short period of time, or a major change in its culture or economy. Some revolutions are led by the majority of the populace of a nation, others by a small band of revolutionaries. Compare rebellion.

8. How am I not really straightedge? How can you say that? My views are different than other straightedgers so that automatically makes me wrong?

9. My IQ is definitely above 20. If it were that low I would be living on the North Shore.

10. C is for cookie and now I am done with your sir. Good day!

toggletoggle post by horror_tang TLTLI at Jul 10,2006 2:50am
Blah, blah, blah. Shove your revolution up your ass. Easy Action is playing playing O'Brien's thursday. John Brannon motherfuckers!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 10,2006 2:50am
Negative Approach is gonna fuck you up.

toggletoggle post by horror_tang TLTLI at Jul 10,2006 2:51am
You going motherfucker? They could bust out a couple of NA songs.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 8:01am edited Jul 10,2006 8:01am
If you're that bent on fighting a war...

http://www.GoArmy.com

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 8:10am
Real straightedge kids don't sleep... ever.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 8:26am
if you sleep someone could put heroine in your mouth. not worth the risk. xXx

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 8:35am
Hahahaha truest story ever told.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 9:05am
the following things are now outlawed by Straightedge:
- Pepto-Bismol
- Off Skintastic
- Sneezing and farting at the same time
- Easy Mac
- CoolER Ranch Doritos
- Naps

anyone caught scarfing Mac & Cheese is gonna catch the XBluexBoxBluesX son

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 10,2006 9:17am edited Jul 10,2006 9:19am
XtoughX said:

6. A revolution can fail miserably, but still be considered a revolution (i.e. the French Revolution. What started out as a revolution against the tyranny of the king turned into tyranny itself. It was indeed successful at first then the revolutionaries began committing the same acts which they initially were fighting against).

A revolution is a drastic change that usually occurs relatively quickly. This may be a change in the social or political institutions over a relatively short period of time, or a major change in its culture or economy. Some revolutions are led by the majority of the populace of a nation, others by a small band of revolutionaries. Compare rebellion.

Bringing this back to a straightedge discussion...

In what way is 'straightedge' a revolution? There have been people who abstained from drugs and alcohol for thousands of years. The difference between themselves and the 'straightedge' scene is that they don't need to put a label on their personal decisions and try to intimidate others. They are comfortable as individuals with their health choices.

Also, how could such a revolution succeed when the rate of inevitable edge breaking is close to 100%? How many people are actually going to remain straightedge for life in our country? 50? Maybe 100? Walk into a single bar on a Friday night and there could be 3-5x that many people. There is no revolution. Just idealist shit-talking.

To strive for acceptance into a sub-cultural clique is not rebellion. It is conformity.

Not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic, and not everyone who takes a toke is a pothead. The fact that moderates exist (and they outnumber addicts by a vast margin) disproves the necessity for a straightedge philosophy.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 9:17am
I heard any sort of meds or caffine is now outlawed.

I told this chick I was straightedge and she practically castrated me because I was drinking vault.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 10,2006 9:19am
Hahahaha.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 9:58am
I don't know who has a more distorted idea of straightedge: mouthy straightedge kids, drug addicts, or girls.

Girls are the worst.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 9:59am
xmikex said:
Girls are the worst.

That goes for anything.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 10,2006 10:14am
and what is this whole putting on cloths thing all about? my gf keeps putting on cloths and I tell her that's not what God intended. I gave her a nice whole chapter out of the bible, but still, she keeps putting on clothing, WTF!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 10:17am
In my experiences though I've generally (but with plenty of exceptions) found 3 distinct reactions to straightedge from girls:

The Mouthy Straightedge Girl: Hey look it's XPhyllisX. She's totally straightedge and will never let you forget it. The X key on her keyboard is worn down to nothing. She'll toss someone a frowny face for smoking in public. She'll get $1,000 worth of obnoxious tattoos. She'll try to convert her friends to straightedge. The icing on the cake is (you guessed it) she found out about Youth of Today last week, downloaded "Firestorm" on her Ipod, and will be passed out drunk on her 22nd birthday.

The "I just don't get it" girl: She's barely 21 and just "doesn't get" why you don't want to drink. "I don't get it... I mean you don't ever even FEEL like drinking? Not ever?? What about vodka?.... peppermint shnops?... martinis?... cocktails?... skrewdrivers??.... not even a Coors Light?" She's totally astonished by it, and at the same time resents you for it because she thinks you're judging her. She'll get totally fall down shitfaced drunk in front of you and then get mad at you for being the only sober kid in the room. She won't say anything to your face but she's way too much of a bigmouth to keep anything to herself, and way too drunk to be slick about it.

The "Oh...Good for you" Girl: This is the girl that doesn't really get it but thinks it sounds like something she SHOULD respect. She probably confuses it with some kind of a church thing and thinks she's obligated to tell you how super it is that you don't drink. She'll tell you that she "wishes she could do that" and that you should totally "be proud of yourself" for being such a good person. Both of which are absurd because A. neither one of you give a shit what she does with her life B. being straightedge alone will never in a billion years make you a good person. C. She can't wait to get drunk and railed by the lacrosse team and you both know it.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 10,2006 10:48am edited Jul 10,2006 10:56am
Heh. Brilliant post. And true.

Here is my question for the straightedge kids though...

If you dislike drugs and alcohol, why not simply abstain from drugs and alcohol? Why does this behavior require a sub-culture? I know plenty of people who abstain from one or the other, or both, and do not require an X symbol to justify their choices. What is there to prove?

Is there such a thing as a Drunk Brigade? I just don't get it.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 10:52am
one half of the girls I know are the first one and the other half are girls who get compleatly trashed, robo trip for days, and would smoke anything in their reach.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 10:59am
Given, all the trashy girls I know are in really creepy grindcore bands, are not shorter than 5'10", and were born in england.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 11:08am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:

If you dislike drugs and alcohol, why not simply abstain from drugs and alcohol? Why does this behavior require a sub-culture? I know plenty of people who abstain from one or the other, or both, and do not require an X symbol to justify their choices. What is there to prove?

I think it's more of a social commentary then an in your face kind of thing (for sincere straightedge kids at least). I mean alcohol is everywhere: billboards, television commercials, parties, just about every concievable social event there is. Alcohol is kind of looked upon as part of this natural progression in life: you look up to your parents drinking alcohol when you're young, you crave it when you're a teenager, and then it becomes the centerpeice of your life when you're older. People pretty much assume you drink, assume you want to drink, assume you're down with getting high weather you actually do or not.

Having a subculture with a name is a way of showing that something else exsists, there there's another way of life besides just the normal perceived progression towards drugs and alcohol.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Jul 10,2006 2:12pm
XtoughX said:
Let me dumb this down a bit.
1. Rednecks lynching is not a revolution. It is an act of violence by a dominant group over a subordinate group. Nat Turner's rebellion was a revolution. It was the subordinate group striking back against the oppressive dominant group.

2. Genocide of a race is not a revolution. It is mass murder.

3. Committing a violent act does not automatically mean you are part of a revolution. Shooting your neighbor because you do not like him is not the start of a revolution.

4. A revolution is a means to an end (i.e. American Revolution to free the colonies from British oppression).

5. No revolution has been successful without the use of violence.

8. How am I not really straightedge? How can you say that? My views are different than other straightedgers so that automatically makes me wrong?

9. My IQ is definitely above 20. If it were that low I would be living on the North Shore.

10. C is for cookie and now I am done with your sir. Good day!

again... you missed my point and just pissed all over the toilet seat of reading comprehension. go have an XtuffX tea party... or does caffeine get your panties in a bunch too?

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jul 10,2006 4:18pm
xmikex said:
DrinkHardThrashHard said:

I think it's more of a social commentary then an in your face kind of thing (for sincere straightedge kids at least). I mean alcohol is everywhere: billboards, television commercials, parties, just about every concievable social event there is. Alcohol is kind of looked upon as part of this natural progression in life: you look up to your parents drinking alcohol when you're young, you crave it when you're a teenager, and then it becomes the centerpeice of your life when you're older. People pretty much assume you drink, assume you want to drink, assume you're down with getting high weather you actually do or not.

Having a subculture with a name is a way of showing that something else exsists, there there's another way of life besides just the normal perceived progression towards drugs and alcohol.

Fair enough, sir. Fair enough.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r nli at Jul 10,2006 6:32pm
getting drunk is like kissing your sister, it rules.

toggletoggle post by crisis  at Jul 10,2006 6:42pm
here's the jist i get of being straight edge: it's retarded.

i could be wrong though

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 10,2006 7:01pm
sxex is so hot. ian makeye is such a hawty

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jul 10,2006 7:53pm
nickyhelliot said:
Why the hell beat the shit out of people drinking if you don't believe in it. That's like every single very unpopular organized group in the past (I.E. Nazi's, KKK). I choose not to drink or do drugs or sleep around but it doesn't mean I'm going to Xbeat the shit out of everyoneX.

Hey that sounds like a good band name. SXE MBERS ONLY PLZ.

considering nickyhelliot sleeps around a lot i wouldnt consider him even close to being Straightedge.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 10,2006 7:53pm
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jul 10,2006 8:06pm
agreed.

toggletoggle post by Hulk Hogan at Jul 10,2006 9:03pm
Since when is Straightedge a revolution? Anyone who says that is a fucking idiot. No one is more edge than me, Hulk Hogan, check out my band, Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Jul 10,2006 9:07pm
hahahaha hulkster in heaven!!!!

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 10:46pm
Since Samantha is a huge fucking wreckingball she doesn't have to worry about the pressures of these things.

toggletoggle post by Kory Breig at Jul 10,2006 10:48pm
Hahaha she doesnt wear clothes she wears a tent.

toggletoggle post by Josh Martin NLI at Jul 10,2006 10:57pm
A bunch of years ago, the guys who do the Syracuse Hardcore fest (which was held in Auburn, NY that year) booked AC to play for the sole intention of pissing everyone off. Long story short, it worked. Really really worked.

That area is ridiculous with straightedge and PC people.
At the house we stayed at, the morning of the show I walked down the street to get a hamburger. I got it to go and brought it back to the house. One of the kids who lived looked at me in horror and asked "Is that a REAL hamburger?"
I answered "yes". At that point I didn't realize what kind of a scene I was in yet. Later I opened the freezer to throw in a bottle of vodka and it was chock full of veggie burgers and crap like that.

If everyone has their own personal Hell when they die, I will end up in Syracuse.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2006 11:00pm
crisis said:
here's the jist i get of being straight edge: it's retarded.

i could be wrong though

what a great exchange from another messageboard rocket scientist.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 10,2006 11:08pm
nickyhelliot said:
Since Samantha is a huge fucking wreckingball she doesn't have to worry about the pressures of these things.

Oh SNAP.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jul 10,2006 11:20pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH THATS A GOOD ONE.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Jul 10,2006 11:24pm
Sorry for the faggotry that seems to be plugging up this already homo erotic thread. "Samantha" is a giant from my school that happens to be too scene for anyone's good. Sorry guys.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 10,2006 11:26pm
Samantha said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH THATS A GOOD ONE.

I agree.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Jul 10,2006 11:29pm
XtoughX said:
Whiskey drinking rednecks lynched the blacks.

Listen tough guy, you best leave whiskey out of this. I believe this was about how gay the straight edge scene is.

I could write better straight edge songs on whiskey and drugs than any straight edge band, hands down!
dun dun dutdundundatdun dun dun - dun dun dutdundundat STAND TRUE!
dun dun dutdundundatdun dun dun - dun dun dutdundundat STRAIGHT EDGE!

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Jul 10,2006 11:30pm
Josh Martin NLI said:

At the house we stayed at, the morning of the show I walked down the street to get a hamburger. I got it to go and brought it back to the house. One of the kids who lived looked at me in horror and asked "Is that a REAL hamburger?"
I answered "yes".

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, fuckin' fags!

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jul 11,2006 12:18am
I'm fat and i enjoy myself ! I LIKE GIANTS !

toggletoggle post by XtoughX NLI at Jul 12,2006 11:30am
It's me, let's be
That's right, let's fight
Might makes right
Might makes right

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][12:45:58am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.06905 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]