New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Post-metalfest false metal jihad. Your input, please. by GoatOfCatalyst on Apr 9,2006 5:06am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 9,2006 5:06am
Saturday, May 13th
Cherry St Station - Wallingford, CT - where alcohol is strong and cheap like good kazakh prostitute

Nothing's set in stone and this is pretty much in the planning stage, but I'm looking to put together the kind of show where the false (think fashionable children with belabored myspace pages who think Bleeding Through is fukkin SICK) will not be welcome.

Something along the lines of

Godless Rising
Catalyst
Cold Northern Vengeance
Baphomet's Horns

and perhaps one or two more... SUGGESTIONS?

My big thing is, while I want bands that will DRAW, I want bands that will draw a specific crowd and I admit I'm unaware of some of the better bands in the New England area. I suppose I'm looking for pure, raw METAL bands with no clean (homo) vocals and if they hate Jesus, that's a BIG plus.

Again, your SUGGESTIONS...

(PS - if you're unfamiliar with Baphomet's Horns from CT, you're doing yourself a GRAVE DISSERVICE)

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Apr 9,2006 5:36am
How about GOREALITY [ http://www.myspace.com/goreality1 ] ?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 9,2006 9:53am
Goreality and Godless Rising are a badass package. Do it.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 9,2006 10:12am
As a side note, I will be working on a IWEIPH/Goreality jaunt to NY and Philly sometime in the next few months. Book this band.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Apr 9,2006 11:09am
Plenty of merch for you cheap-skates to not buy also!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 9,2006 12:26pm
clean vocals aren't homo. they can be, but not all are.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 9,2006 3:14pm
dreadkill said:
clean vocals aren't homo. they can be, but not all are.

i agree, but these days... sadly, most are

I'm gonna check out these Goreality fellows. They draw? Part of my diabolical scheme is to flyer the FUCK out of the Worcester fest and generally plug the fuck out of this. The last few shows I've been to or that Catalyst has played at Cherry St have been VERY awesome and I'd love for people from other states to see what a great thing we've got going - just want to get bands that will bring some people with them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 9,2006 3:36pm
you forget metalheads are lazy.
unless it's morbid angel, they would rather smoke weed at home and play video games. the month that comcast gave out free stars was a low point in show attendance as well.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 9,2006 3:42pm
hahahaha. so true, rev. so very true. because sweet baby jesus, we KNOW they're not smoking weed at home and BATHING. how bad was the smell last night? something about behemoth shows make me want to wear ear AND nose plugs!

but yeah, is it too much to ask for a band that will bring people with them to umm... get soused and feel the steel? i mean, i understand if they've got to get up early to take their grandmothers to church and all....

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 9,2006 3:44pm
i'm no longer a lazy metalhead, except when it comes to big shows like morbid angel. i went to 2 local shows this week and will be at more next week.

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Apr 9,2006 3:44pm
ADD BURZUM AND ILDJARN.

toggletoggle post by CTborderpatrol at Apr 9,2006 10:31pm
ryan, im doing a show there the night before on the 12th. if you dont take goreality onto this bill, i will

METAL WEEKEND!!!!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 10,2006 12:46am
Goreality is playing Worcester on April 22. They could both flyer and spread word of the show to all in attendance.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 18,2006 4:14pm
BUMP - the date is confirmed for the 13th and so far CATALYST and BAPHOMET'S HORNS have confirmed. Awaiting confirmation on Cold Northern Vengeance and Godless Rising.

I'm liking Goreality, but I want a few to choose from.

Again - YOUR SUGGESTIONS...
who would YOU leave your house and spend $5 or 6 to see???

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 19,2006 1:53pm
bump.. fuck

toggletoggle post by cav at Apr 19,2006 2:29pm
it doesnt matter what show you put at cherry street...no one comes

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 19,2006 3:38pm
we've (we as in Catalyst) actually had that place pretty packed the last few times we've played. last couple shows i was at had really good turnouts, too. all depends on who booked it / how it was promoted, i guess. sorry, but posting PICTURES of flyers on message boards/myspace ISN'T promoting. that's being lazy and getting what you deserve.

toggletoggle post by CTborderpatrol at Apr 19,2006 11:55pm
hey ryan, fire a msg over to me with phone #s. i wanna trade up flyers with you guys so i could get that southern flyer exposure for my show without wasting that petrol to go all the way down there. ill hit up along the northern/eastern CT area and in uconn

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Apr 19,2006 11:59pm
I heard that GOREALITY and GODLESS RISING have both confirmed, yes?

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Apr 20,2006 7:30am
Godless Rising has confirmed, Goreality is 99.63% confirmed. This will be a sensual evening.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 20,2006 10:41am
RichHorror said:
Goreality is playing Worcester on April 22. They could both flyer and spread word of the show to all in attendance.

Godless Rising is as well. bring some flyers to that show.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][7:02:46pm Apr 30,2024
load time 0.01279 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]