New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> who the fuck are bullet for my valentine? by tomx nli on Feb 27,2006 2:05am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 27,2006 2:05am
and why are they and lacuna coil headlining over necrophagist, arsis, and alarum at the ne metalfest?

totally FAGGY.

save some cash and get a train ticket to NY if you dont want to see them play for 15 minutes and then get booted for some cockhuffing metalcore bands.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 27,2006 2:07am
ill bump this even tho its ontop

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 27,2006 2:18am
they're a very gay band for gays to gay out to.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 27,2006 2:34am
i was focusing more on the last line of the post

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 27,2006 3:49am
They are on the CHILDREN OF BODOM tour with CHIMERA too.

toggletoggle post by scoracrasia   at Feb 27,2006 7:44am
They suck massive hairy baaaaalls. I heard them once on the metal station on on demand. They suck, bad.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 27,2006 9:37am
i'm seeing ads for them in all sorts of mags..the last one being the latest decibel that aaron got in the mail

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Feb 27,2006 9:37am
They are super huge, have a song on Madden 2006, from England...

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Feb 27,2006 11:17am
I have no idea about Bullet for my valentine,But I can tell ya that Lacuna Coil is headlining cause NEHMF is fucking gay and they know that more people will be there to see them than those 3 other bands combined

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 27,2006 11:18am
I'm going to NY.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 27,2006 12:07pm
why bother asking this? do you really not know the answer? necrophagist, arsis, and alarum are not nearly as accessible as bullet for my valentine and lacuna coil...they are part of a successful market right now so more people want to see them than the bands youve previously mentioned.

would you really want to see necrophagist, arsis, and alarum headlining downstairs with a thousand people watching? then youd be complaining that too many trendy kids were into them.

toggletoggle post by Cav at Feb 27,2006 12:08pm
haha yea

toggletoggle post by Arthur_ATD   at Feb 27,2006 12:24pm
People that complain about this shit will complain no matter what. That's just who they are, they love to bitch about this shit.

toggletoggle post by NECTrepresent at Feb 27,2006 12:42pm
their name alone invokes images of violence from me to them

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 27,2006 1:18pm
anonymous said:
why bother asking this? do you really not know the answer? necrophagist, arsis, and alarum are not nearly as accessible as bullet for my valentine and lacuna coil...they are part of a successful market right now so more people want to see them than the bands youve previously mentioned.

would you really want to see necrophagist, arsis, and alarum headlining downstairs with a thousand people watching? then youd be complaining that too many trendy kids were into them.

no, anonymous toughguy, id actually love to see those bands headline and have a thousand "trandy kids" see them. why? because these kids do have brains you know, even though they dont have leather jackets and long hair.

i know a ton of "metalcore" kids who have been exposed to that kind of stuff and once they realise it exists, they want to hear more and more of it. they move on from caliban and it dies today to necrophagist, cryptopsy, beneath the massacre.

given the choice between generic metalcore #58953 and truly technical, progressive metal, 95% of the kids will go with the real stuff any day of the week.

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Feb 27,2006 1:37pm
I don't agree with 95% but yeah alot of people "trade up" to more integrity-based bands once exposed. a lot are just trend-hopping douches, though.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 1:48pm
I've heard about this band, and based on the name alone, I don't fucking care who they are.

toggletoggle post by Arthur_ATD   at Feb 27,2006 1:59pm
they've actually got a few decent maiden style riffs. but i dont agree with them headlining over necrophagist

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 2:00pm
Trendy bands like to rip off Maiden. No surprise there.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 2:02pm
I love Necrophagist, but I have to admit that I don't know if they can headline a fest like this in the US. Or at least a fest that isn't totally marketed to death metal or technical music. I feel like word of them is still seeping out. Since headlining has to do with promotion and popularity more than how great the music is, this does not surprise me at all.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 2:04pm
I personally love when a shitty band headlines a fest because it means I can leave before the cattle procession AND the traffic.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 2:06pm
downside is shorter set for sweet bands....but yeah

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 2:19pm
brian_dc said:
downside is shorter set for sweet bands....but yeah

true, but that's the downside of fests in general.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 27,2006 2:44pm
I wish Arsis would become popular enough to play to 1000s of people a night.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 27,2006 3:33pm
ugh. we'll wait and see the daily schedules then. if arsis necrophagist and alarum arent playing all on the same day, im just gonna go to the bb king's show up in NYC. itll be more expensive, but id rather see a good 40-60 minute set from those bands...i mean, how many times do you think necrophagist and alarum are gonna come to the us?

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 27,2006 3:34pm
ps Joe - i hear that when arsis played for the Ballet Deviare, it was sold out, so...maybe its just a matter of time.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 4:14pm
usually bands on tour together do play the same day....but I've learned to never be shocked by stupid shit.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Feb 27,2006 8:31pm
I heard there might be three stages this year...

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 27,2006 9:10pm
JayTUS nli said:
I heard there might be three stages this year...

excellent!! pay for 30 bands, and get to realistically see 10 of them!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][7:14:25pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01504 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]