New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Tonight at the Spyder Room by the_reverend on Feb 15,2006 4:17pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Feb 15, 2006 the Spyder Room (Manchester, NH)
absence_of_the_sun - 2006-02-15
Absence Of The Sun(61)
flash animated slider show
demiurge - 2006-02-15
Demiurge(45)
kipe - 2006-02-15
Kipe(61)
of_the_betrayed - 2006-02-15
Of The Betrayed(117)
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 4:17pm
Of The Betrayed, Demiurge, Kipe, & Absence of the Sun
$3.00 - 8:00PM - 21+

I think I'm going to this show... anyone know what the spyder room looks like inside?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 6:20pm
anyone go directions? address?

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Feb 15,2006 6:43pm
its where hogs trough used to be.

Address: 342 Lincoln Street, Manchester, NH 03103

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 8:02pm
lincoln st is where the liqour store mored to.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 8:57pm
moved to.

this club is really nice inside. all red. I thought it had something to do with manchester's spiderbite/spiderbiteradio, but I guess it's from some dude on rock 101

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 15,2006 9:51pm
lincoln street liquors = nicest manager ever and he managed to make me blush!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 10:28pm
you should bought some blush.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 10:28pm
like I said, the club is pretty good. There seems to be next to no local draw here at all. Looking around, it's only the band members and a few of their friends.

this was my first time hearing these bands

absence of the sun: for some reason it seemed to take the sound guy 10 times the regular amount of time to set their sound up. one of the guitarist was playing a bunch of different bands to warm um. Some of it sounded like vehemence/old dying fetus. Just familar enough. first I think they need longer chords so they can move around. They only had little amps, but were able to get a suprising clear/clean sound out of them atleast for the lead guitar. The rhythm guitar sort of got burried. For their first few songs, you heard some mess up,etc.. but they were actually really good. Not too much melodic, just enough. At some points it seemed like the drummer was a little unsure. I think with better monitors, they would sound more savage.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 10:35pm
demiurge: I was really expecting them to be wicked nu-metal. Something about the town of manchester and the sound of the drums when they sound checked. They had some more rock metal parts reminding me of crowbar, but also laid down some more interesting leads (old school metal sounding). Both of these were spaced out in a lot of heavier metal guitars. Also, all their songs at some point had a typo sound which came out sounding a bit like kruixis with the drum toms. They are playing a show with CSDO next week (the benifit) and they played a song about GWB... Eric peone is going to love that one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2006 10:52pm
they are playing the first rage againt the machine CD. damn, I forgot how much this CD ruled when I was in highschool and the fatc that I saw them at lollapalooza 1993 in rhode island.
wootage. on of the lines is "havingg never seen the color of my father's eyes." doode, I hate to break it to you, but you are black and he was black. therefore his eyes where dark brown.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 16,2006 12:04am
kipe: this band looked really familiar.. I was thinking they were mr. Etc, but that's not right. They had a bunch of nu-metal parts that I sort of ignored, but mostly the singer sounded more like mustane while the band reminded me sometimes like faith no more. They had a lot bigger equipment that the previous bands and sounded a lot more polished. I could definitly see this band playing something like the rock101 concerts. they had the confidence on stage with what they were doing, more professional and played like they were in front of a bigger audience. on interesting thing about them was the fact that the drummer also sang. He actually did the majority of the backup harmonies. During the slower parts, the drummer had a weird way of hitting the center of his rack tom, making a sound more like the "wood-block" sound from a casio keyboard. I think this was the same sound that the "clave" played. they played a mostly instrumental track where the singer left the stage and the band went off. that was (musicial) the best playing those guys did the whole set. that's just was overkill does. for their last song, all the members of the band changed their string instruments for solid wood ones. these were all made by the bassist. they looked really nice. every band needs a lutier (or whatever the hell a guitar maker is called). that would have kept nirvana from smashing so many guitars.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 16,2006 12:06am
they played helmet meantime after kipe.. what is this return to my high school? I saw them on in tour in um.. 1994? fitchburg.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 16,2006 2:09am
pictures uploading

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Feb 16,2006 2:30am
how was the sound overall there?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 16,2006 8:24am
it was really good. the sound guy's a bit slow, but their speakers are good. I think the sound guy keeps it a little lower than the system can handle.. maybe cause of the people at the bar,? not sure but kipe had mostly 1/2 stacks and they had the best, fullest sounding sound.

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Feb 16,2006 8:57am
It used to be a big biker hangout...I guess it kinda changed since Spider took over...Tiny room , decent sound though

toggletoggle post by DeathDisaster4 at Feb 16,2006 10:14am
How was Of the Betrayed

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Feb 16,2006 11:49am
when we played there wasn't much of a crowd, mostly cause we didn't have a solid fanbase. the venue has a lot of potential.

we had two bad experiences there though. the first time they cancelled our show the day of show due to the transfer of ownership from hogs trough saloon to spyder room. that was a pain in the ass cause we had to frantically inform people that there wasn't a show. second, they cancelled for an unknown reason within a week of the show when basb tried to organize a show.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Feb 16,2006 11:54am
the_reverend said:
they played helmet meantime after kipe..

I love that album still!

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 11:59am edited Feb 16,2006 12:00pm
mcmahon said:
when we played there wasn't much of a crowd, mostly cause we didn't have a solid fanbase. the venue has a lot of potential.

we had two bad experiences there though. the first time they cancelled our show the day of show due to the transfer of ownership from hogs trough saloon to spyder room. that was a pain in the ass cause we had to frantically inform people that there wasn't a show. second, they cancelled for an unknown reason within a week of the show when basb tried to organize a show.

I believe BASB booked a show there and during the owner change and that is why the show got canceled. By the way thanks for taking pictures of us last night Rev. You've helped me complete 1 of 10 things I want to accomplish with OTB before I die.

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Feb 16,2006 12:23pm
good to know craz.

maybe ill check out the sinaria show there saturday if i dont go ice fishin/drinkin upstate.

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 12:36pm
Kipe's first song sound waaaay too much like new school Metallica I kid you not. And the second song had the same exact riff as "Drag the Waters" by Pantera just modified a little but overall I thought Kipe put on a pretty good performance even though I'm not into that style of music.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Feb 16,2006 1:52pm
sweeet...i'm gonna try and book some shows up there...the sac doesn't get up to NH enough...is it 21+?

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 16,2006 1:54pm
Is it just me, or did anyone else think the singer of Kipe kinda sounded like new-school James Hetfield?

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 2:00pm
immortal13 said:
Is it just me, or did anyone else think the singer of Kipe kinda sounded like new-school James Hetfield?

I think "kinda" is an understatement.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 16,2006 2:20pm
Actually, apparently it was his first night working there.

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 2:25pm
immortal13 said:
Actually, apparently it was his first night working there.

The lead singer of Kipe? I don't think so because the recordings sound exactly the same unless they had an old lead vocalist and he somehow manged to make his voice sound EXACTLY like his.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 16,2006 2:45pm
I Think Kipe Ripped the place up There show was amazing

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 16,2006 2:48pm
Oh i agree, they were really good. I'm just pointing out that the singer sounded like James hetfield. It's not neccessariyl a bad thing.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 16,2006 2:51pm
My bad. I meant to reply about the sound man working that night.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 16,2006 6:31pm
sac: 18+. metal on wednesdays.
18-20= $10
21+= $3

toggletoggle post by edwinfromkipe at Feb 16,2006 8:00pm
I think all of the bands did a great job last night, though I AM partial to Of The Betrayed. Their performance was very good. Sound coming off the stage sounded pretty cool, too. Took Eric awhile to get the PA working properly, but once he did it was sounding beautiful. Thanks Aaron for the great pictures!

toggletoggle post by rocker chik at Feb 16,2006 8:06pm
anybody heard of the band Prior to Burial? If you did are they any good?

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 9:47pm edited Feb 16,2006 9:59pm
edwinfromkipe said:
I think all of the bands did a great job last night, though I AM partial to Of The Betrayed. Their performance was very good. Sound coming off the stage sounded pretty cool, too. Took Eric awhile to get the PA working properly, but once he did it was sounding beautiful. Thanks Aaron for the great pictures!

Thanks Edwin, our music is an aquired taste. We thought you guys put on a great performance too. We didn't belong there last night and I just found out that TnA didn't want us there either. We received a message on MySpace from Unsigned Bands who forwarded the message from TnA to us basically saying we were too heavy to play that show and we were. But when we got there I think they put us as headliners because they knew it was ok for people to leave at the begining of our set. To me that's uncalled for and very unprofessional. If they didn't want us to play they could've told us and we wouldn't have taken the time to drive to mancester, pay tolls, for people who didn't want us there in the first place. I don't want to do business with TnA even when they paid us $4. Of course I had fun playing because we love to play live but this just put a damper on things.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 16,2006 9:49pm
Way to spell "aquired" right Steve. lol.

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 16,2006 10:00pm
Fixed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 17,2006 12:34am
Of The Betrayed: after plenty of time missing them for some reason or any other, I finaly got to catch them. Even though the name sounds like a hardcore name, it really isn't a hardcore band at all. They are black-ish death metal with some some melodic parts. The back up vocals are mostly all hi's. They had a lot of energy on stage after waiting all night to play.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 17,2006 12:41am
I don't see how otb was too heavy.. if you were too heavey then so was aots...

and rocker girl: thanks for the nonsequitor... prior to burial are awesome.really heavey, brutal vocals.

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 17,2006 12:22pm
I'm sorry I was wrong, there was this miscommunication and it was Scorz who told us on the very same day as the show that we're too heavy too play but didn't read the message until the next day.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Handless Fetal Blood
[default homepage] [print][6:24:24am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.03383 secs/25 queries]
[search][refresh page]