New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> rumplestiltskin grinder sucks, agree? by brokenclown nli on Dec 11,2005 2:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by brokenclown nli at Dec 11,2005 2:20pm
they are as bad as their name.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 11,2005 2:21pm edited Dec 11,2005 2:21pm
I completely agree, except for some of the guitar solos, they are thrash mediocrity.

toggletoggle post by brokenclown nli at Dec 11,2005 2:43pm
yeah they got this clean sound that doesn't capture any aggressiveness at all, extremely boring, terrible vocals. overproduced music that is not appealing to me at all. take a musical simple, raw release like a mayhem "deathcrush", what would you rather listen to?

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at Dec 11,2005 3:30pm
they just plain out sucked!!!!!!!! alot

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 11,2005 4:31pm
So I assume they're yet another band who signed with Relapse because they were buddy-buddy.

toggletoggle post by tomx at Dec 11,2005 4:34pm
no way!!!!!!!! they were signed on thier musical merits, not because one thier members works for relapse. they shit all over poser bands like psycroptic and deeds of flesh.

toggletoggle post by A Play On Words at Dec 11,2005 4:47pm
I like how they don't have a serious lyrical approach. Bands take themselves WAY too seriously these days and its good to see some humor mixed in.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 11,2005 4:54pm
tomx said:
no way!!!!!!!! they were signed on thier musical merits, not because one thier members works for relapse. they shit all over poser bands like psycroptic and deeds of flesh.

Greatest sarcastic comment ever.

See that new Psycroptic album cover?

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Dec 11,2005 4:56pm
aww. I saw them last night and didnt think they were that offensive. the vocals werent really the kind of style i like but they had some good guitar parts and all played real tight as far as i could tell

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 11,2005 5:06pm
the vocalist in rumplestiltskin grinder works for relapse, which is why they got signed.

pass it on.

toggletoggle post by the rooster at Dec 11,2005 5:15pm
i like them.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 11,2005 5:18pm
They're not that bad, I think they deliver sick live too.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 11,2005 5:52pm
yeah, they're a good time.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 11,2005 7:40pm
i thought they sucked before, and my opinion has not strayed.

toggletoggle post by rigor penis at Dec 11,2005 7:42pm
horrible band there annoying vocalist needs a beat down

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Dec 11,2005 7:45pm
They're ok. Nothing too special, but I really don't see why people thing the vocalist is so horrible. I've heard good things about their live show.

toggletoggle post by rigor penis at Dec 11,2005 7:50pm
Anthony nli said:
They're ok. Nothing too special, but I really don't see why people thing the vocalist is so horrible. I've heard good things about their live show.

IT'S NOT HIS VOCALS IT'S HIS BANTER IN BETWEEN SONGS lame!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 11,2005 7:54pm
The problem for me is their lack of anything resembling compelling music (much less compelling thrash metal).

toggletoggle post by Necronaut  at Dec 11,2005 8:12pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
The problem for me is their lack of anything resembling compelling music (much less compelling thrash metal).

I agree. Tight performance but blah songs.

Also I don't really dig "funny" thrash, at least funny on purpose thrash. The genre has enough natural absurdity to it that making it all self conscious comes across as cutesy and annoying to me, I dunno...

toggletoggle post by DOT at Dec 11,2005 8:13pm
rigor penis said:
Anthony nli said:

IT'S NOT HIS VOCALS IT'S HIS BANTER IN BETWEEN SONGS lame!

What does he say?

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Dec 11,2005 8:34pm
this band does indeed blow. rk played with them on tour a while ago, they played first and promptly got the fuck out. fuck those dudes.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Dec 11,2005 8:35pm
haha aren't they playing the vital show

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 11,2005 9:01pm edited Dec 11,2005 9:04pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:

See that new Psycroptic album cover?

"Australia's number one export product PSYCROPTIC have just signed a multiple album recording agreement with NEUROTIC RECORDS. This deal will have immediate effect in the release of their third full length album, to be entitled "Symbols of Failure", which is scheduled for a February 2006 release. Some song titles to appear on the album, in no particular order, are: "Our Evolutionary Architecture", "An Experiment In Transience", "Repairing The Dementional Cluster", "Epoch of The Gods" and "Alpha Breed".

PSYCROPTIC, who create a form of extreme metal not bound to any genre, but highly appreciated in many, are done recording the follow up of 2003's "The Scepter of The Ancients", which will mark the recording debut of new astounding vocalist Jason Peppiatt. "Symbols of Failure" is currently being mixed by guitarist Joe Haley, who was also responsible for the flawless recording of the album. Mastering duties will commence right after and everything will be topped of with amazing cover artwork and layout by brilliant artist Pär Olofsson.

PSYCROPTIC drummer David Haley comments: "We are more than excited to release our 3rd album for all to hear on Neurotic Records. So much hard work, time and effort has been put into this release – from the song writing process, the recording and all the way to the artwork and packaging. All in PSYCROPTIC agree that this is the best material we have ever done. We cannot wait to get out and play these songs live!"

Ruud Lemmen, founder of NEUROTIC RECORDS adds: "This band is so unique, not only in the insane and crazy songwriting but also in the immense instrumental capabilities the members of PSYCROPTIC embody. We are very happy to be able to work with this band, and obviously we expect quite a lot of this raging Tasmanian quartet."

MP3 = http://images.quintessence.sh/neurotic/psycroptic/alpha.mp3

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Dec 11,2005 9:42pm
I have never seen these guys but the name is awful and based on that alone I never will

toggletoggle post by dirtyboots at Dec 11,2005 11:31pm
With the name badsneakers, you should be one to talk...

toggletoggle post by AlRavage  at Dec 12,2005 12:19am
They were pretty good. A lot of bands go around calling themselves "thrash"..they are not thrash. There is a hardcore influence there...of course. But overall, they were pretty good. A tad goofy /gimmicky, but that is what distinguishes them from other like bands, so that is ok in my book...they put on an energetic show...good guitars... the songs weren't all that memorable...good for seeing live, not something I'd listen to often on CD, so I bought a shirt because they were pretty gaudy looking and had a troll on them.

toggletoggle post by tomx at Dec 12,2005 12:27am
24 hours later:

psycroptic - still sick

rumplestiltskin grinder - still gay

toggletoggle post by SickSickSicks   at Dec 12,2005 12:36am
dirtyboots said:
With the name badsneakers, you should be one to talk...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! SLAM!!!!

that psycroptic album cover is kind of meh. its a cool picture but it looks computer generated which is a real turnoff to me

toggletoggle post by rigor penis at Dec 12,2005 12:40am
tomx said:
24 hours later:

psycroptic - still sick

rumplestiltskin grinder - still gay

you are correct sir!

toggletoggle post by dirtEEEboots ;) at Dec 12,2005 12:41am
psycroptic - forever cooker cutter

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Dec 12,2005 2:20am
I like Rumpelstiltskin Grinder, and I think they are great live...particularly because of Eli (who does not work for Relapse, by the way).

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 12,2005 3:18am
I have a Relapse business card that has Eli Shakia's name as Wholesale / Direct Sales XXXecutioner.

Was he fired or quit or somethin?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Dec 12,2005 8:38am
Yeah he left Relapse

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][9:47:29am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.06912 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]