New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ATTENTION LAURA/ 80sMetalChick!!! by nate on Sep 21,2005 10:47am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 10:47am edited Sep 21,2005 11:01am
Rock show benefit in Quincy hits sour note
By Jenna Wolf
Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A rock 'n' roll benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims in Quincy has led to a dispute over who should get $96 in proceeds – and the American Red Cross is demanding a formal investigation.

Four bands gathered Friday to rock 'n' raise relief funds at Dee Dee's Lounge. Nathan DeMontigny of Quincy, founder of Cold Stone Productions, organized the event on behalf of the Red Cross.

Patrons paid $6 a head, but after expenses were deducted from the gate, DeMontigny said, only $96 was left for the charity.

He said that money had to go to an Upstate New York band, Malomar, to cover gas for its trip.

\'\'That's all I got at the door. I even gave the band four bucks out of my own pocket,'' DeMontigny said.

But Laura Harrison of the Red Cross, who said she negotiated the deal with DeMontigny, claims he defrauded the agency, whose logo appeared on his concert flyer.

Harrison said she has filed a complaint with her headquarters in Rhode Island.

\'\'I didn't know it was going to be a spin-of-a-coin kind of chance we weren't going to get any money,'' Harrison said of the Quincy show.

1st - I am not from Quincy
2nd- It is Cold Storage Productions
3rd- The event was booked way before Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA so it was never a benefit for the Red Cross from the get go. It was to be the first of a series of shows in Quincy.

When the Hurricane hit I thought about doing something for it. Jim from BOE got in touch and said Laura was interested in setting up a table and would I talk to her. I did speak with her about setting the booth up and possibly getting money from the door after I paid Malamor gas money as they were travelling from western part of update New York. I had not heard of any such dispute till I got a call from the Boston Herald yesterday, obviously they got my number from Laura, which I do not appreciate at all for doing so. Laura if you read this you need to check your facts about the whole situation. I told you a couple times on the phone that 3 of the bands had agreed to give up their cash, if the show made any money. I had kept with my word to Malamor about getting them gas money so they could get back home after the show. I told Laura andything above and beyond what I gave Malamor would go to the Red Cross. Even though the show seemed to do well, with all the band members and people the bands brought in with them I made $96 from the door. Julie from Dee Dee's handed me that money. It was all I got. So, again, Laura check your facts and drop this ridiculous suit.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:08am
who can we email to complain about the article nate?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:19am
does chickie (80smetalchick) know about this?
i mean you already had a show and why does it say:
\'\'I didn't know it was going to be a spin-of-a-coin kind of chance we weren't going to get any money,'' Harrison said of the Quincy show.
if you still gave them $96?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 11:25am
I didn't give them $96, I gave it to Malamor to cover their travelling expenses. She was told from the get go anything above and beyond what I gave to Malamor for travelling here was to be donated. I didn't make anything more than the $96 and gave it to Malamor along with $4 from my pocket to round it off to $100 for them travelling here. She did go through the crowd asking for donations and people gave her some. I don't know what she made from that but I made no money from the show over what I paid Malamor to travel.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 11:26am
I nwould assume Jenna Wolf would be the person at the Herald to contact but I don't have her info...

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 11:26am
This is so fucking gay. Nate needs this shit like a case of AIDS. He tried to do something decent and give money to a charity and gets fucked because of it? Due to an unfortunate fender-bender on the way home (see other thread), we (well Nick) is going to be out about $1500 or so. We are not crying about it, shit happens. Malamor came a long way to play this show and deserve to be compensated. This was a small show, not a massive turnout where people got rich. This woman Laura needs to get fucked.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:33am
yah this is ridiculous...wtf people....so someone was going around at the show collecting money? but they didn't claim that they got anything?
wow...this makes me sick

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 11:36am
this is what happens when you think you are better than everyone else, have no job and love acting like a complete fucking whining self important bitch. Again, get over yourself.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 11:37am
No one ever approached me for a donation. Not that I would have donated, since my donation was $3/gallon to get there and back.

Sorry for this shit, Nate -- I guess you must be really looking forward to moving to TN now!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:38am

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:41am
i don't follow anonymous...who are you talking about?

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Sep 21,2005 11:41am
Someone has some 'splainin to do. This is ridiculous. I love how the article doesn't say anything about ANY money being made at all. This dumb bitch should feel fortunate that someone is even TRYING to help. I thought the Red Cross prided themselves on the whole "no donation is too small" mentality? Obviously common sense dictates that pre-existing agreements have to be fullfilled. If that band wanted to donate any proceeds they made, that's totally up to them, but with the cost of gas these days, I don't blame them whatsoever. Lame.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:43am
you know what bothers me most? how you try to do a nice thing and people take advantage of it and talk shit...give me a fuckin break...

this is why some people don't bother helping, because you do something nice and people try to fuck you

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Sep 21,2005 11:45am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 11:51am
she looks like she would like ani difranco.. barf...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:52am
everyone needs to call and complain about this...i can't find her email
do you have her number nate?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:00pm
yeah let me look it up in my phone... one sec...

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Sep 21,2005 12:03pm

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:15pm
617-619-6100 is what came up on my caller id

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 12:26pm
ok did you call her already?
can you ask her if there is an email address where we can contact her?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:28pm
no I haven't called her yet, I am taking lunch ina few minutes so I will call then and ask her... Thanks Carina!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 12:32pm
ok let me know..i won't do anything yet

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 12:34pm
"But Laura Harrison of the Red Cross, who said she negotiated the deal with DeMontigny"

Do you have any paper trail on this, or was this just something you spoke on the phone about? If this was a verbal agreement (and it appears that she is adding some of her own stipulations after the fact), I am venturing to guess they have nothing on you.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 12:39pm
and was she even at the show?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:39pm
it was all verbal on the phone... and I told her over and over, anything I made off the door over and above what I was giving Malamor for gas money would be donated. I didn't make anything over and above what I gave Malamor so that's it.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:41pm
yes she was, and I reiterated the same thing I talked to her about on the phone about Malamor getting paid gas money.

toggletoggle post by Mess at Sep 21,2005 12:46pm
we all know you pocketed $2,000.00 bucks. admit it.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:47pm
e-mail : citydesk@bostonherald.com

Jenne does not have an e-mail address yet but they said to just put "Attention Jenna Wolf" in the subject line. Thank you.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 12:49pm
you got me, the whole 16 people that paid came out to $2,000 not $96

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 21,2005 12:56pm
ugh, what a fucking mess!

toggletoggle post by Mess at Sep 21,2005 12:57pm
what a joke. let them drown next time.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 21,2005 1:03pm
i put $2 in the cup! this is bullshit. it's a fucking death metal show. not exactly the first place I'd set up a "fundraiser" at least. are people that numb that they don't realize how much it costs to drive here from NY?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 1:17pm
ok so josh whoever the lady was who collected stole yer $2..
does anyone know who she is?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 1:20pm
Laura was the Red Cross "representative" that was there...

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 21,2005 1:21pm
I'm not "supposed" to talk about this. But I just want to make it clear that Laura is doing everything she can to ruin Bane of Existence because of the shirt Joe was wearing at the DeeDee's show. I'm being called by reporters as well. That's all I'll go into for now.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2005 1:27pm
what shirt was Joe wearing?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 1:29pm
yeah I've got people calling me too, and all I wanted to do was try to help out where I could for the unfortunate people that were devesated by the Hurricane. This is what I get for helping... All I have to say is I WILL NEVER DO A BENEFIT SHOW AGAIN! Thanks Laura for bringing all of this on me! I can tell you're trying to help too, help destroy everyone elses lives!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 1:36pm
carina, I should start writing everything in quatrains.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 1:45pm
succubus said:
i don't follow anonymous...who are you talking about?

80s metal chick obviously.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 1:48pm
quatrains?
oh and i get it now and i'm shocked to be honest...i don't know what else to say...

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 21,2005 1:54pm
The Herald isn't a real newspaper guys.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 21,2005 1:59pm
nate said:
So, again, Laura check your facts and drop this ridiculous suit.

Nate is there really a law suit being brought against you over this?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 2:05pm
personally, I will never give to the red cross...
they are the walmart of the charity world.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 2:06pm
the_reverend said:

careful, you might get sued

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 21,2005 2:08pm
Isnt walmart one of those current booming industries of it kind?

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 21,2005 2:39pm edited Sep 21,2005 2:41pm
nate said:
yeah I've got people calling me too, and all I wanted to do was try to help out where I could for the unfortunate people that were devesated by the Hurricane. This is what I get for helping... All I have to say is I WILL NEVER DO A BENEFIT SHOW AGAIN! Thanks Laura for bringing all of this on me! I can tell you're trying to help too, help destroy everyone elses lives!!!

I knew that shit was gonna get out of hand!!! I didnt give a fuck about that cause to start with...I just thought if I was gonna get paid(which i didnt expect at all!) cuz whoremastery is a joke side project anyway..that any money that would have gone to me could have gone to the cause..but it didnt..and Im sorry nate that you have to deal with this...when it was someone elses intention.....

Scott heard this on the way to work on talk radio and called me too..!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2005 2:42pm
I had no idea a simple benefit METAL show at that could cause such drama...jeez! Sucks that Nate has to deal with all this crap.

Andy? Nick got in a $1500 fender bender? shit, how?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 2:44pm
the_reverend said:

That's awesome. The lesson here is that no good deed shall go unpunished. I will email this twat at the Herald when I get a chance.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 2:46pm
again I will never help another person in my life, everytime I try to help someone bullshit like this happens. Anyone need anything? Fuck you I'm not doing it!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 2:47pm
RustedAngel said:
I had no idea a simple benefit METAL show at that could cause such drama...jeez! Sucks that Nate has to deal with all this crap.

Andy? Nick got in a $1500 fender bender? shit, how?

Yeah, with me! See thread about this show and my post about the ride home -- what a fucking nightmare.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 2:48pm
my phone is ringing like crazy, Laura you going to pay my cell phone bill??

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 21,2005 2:48pm
To be honest...alot of my friends got in for free that nite...and alot of other people didnt pay...but they are dumping this on nate..not that I want to get dee dee's in trouble..I love that place..But there was no one collecting much at the door that nite..from the attendance!!!!

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 2:50pm
Dee Dee's is getting swamped with calls to... this is getting way to blown out of proportion. I am actually waiting to hear back from a real red Cross rep about what can be done about this cause she has no idea what even happened.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 3:03pm
This is over $100. If that's what it takes to make this go away, talk to me and I will take care of it. Although I can't guarantee my check to this twat will not have fecal matter cast upon it.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 21,2005 3:07pm edited Sep 21,2005 3:08pm
and they might get another hurricanne.....this is why I dont give a fuck about other people!! ....in the end it's YOU that gets reamed up the ass...nate...bro...you dont deserve this shit and, Im sorry.

So is BOE playin tonite with morticioan or is that fucked as well????

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 3:17pm
as far as I know they are.
I really hope they are.
BOE on that sound system will be sick.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 21,2005 3:17pm
nate said:
I will never help another person in my life!

Misanthropy > Philanthropy.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 21,2005 3:35pm
I'll be accepting donations to raise money for Nate's legal expenses for the fraudulent lawsuit and moving costs at the show tonight.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 21,2005 3:36pm
thanks for the laugh Joe, I needed it!

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Sep 21,2005 4:04pm
joe rules!

toggletoggle post by goratory nli at Sep 21,2005 5:10pm
WOW, what a fucking retarded whore.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 5:14pm

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 5:15pm
what the fuck, Jim said in the show review that she raised a little over $50! WHY IS SHE TRYING TO FUCK OVER MALAMOR??? DOESN'T SHE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE COST OF GAS IS AND HOW MUCH IT COSTS WHEN YOU TRAVEL FROM NEW YORK?? WHY IS SHE TRYING TO SLANDER THE SCENE??? WHY ISN'T SHE RESPONDING? THIS SHIT NEEDS TO BE WORKED OUT, INCREDIBLY CHILDISH. I'M USUALLY IN FAVOR OF CHARITIES AND WHATNOT BUT THIS IS BULLSHIT. NATE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO HELP AND THIS IS THE THANKS HE GETS?

COME TO THE MUTILATED SHOW, WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO RAISE SOME MONEY FOR NATE!

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 21,2005 5:17pm
Wow, this shit is beyond retarded.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 5:18pm
I'm fired up about this, honestly one of the single most RETARDED things I've ever seen happen. It's fucking disgusting.

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Sep 21,2005 5:28pm
Someone should tell the Herald that there WERE no proceeds after the costs of the show were covered.

What's this whole shirt deal though? Haha... Anyone got a pic of one?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 5:32pm
Look at the Rev's random pics for this show.

toggletoggle post by anonymouse at Sep 21,2005 5:32pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 5:34pm
look at the random shots.
this is totally gay.

toggletoggle post by Notorious D.U.G. at Sep 21,2005 5:40pm
Now they were selling the t-shirt at the show? Christ.

Somebody please explain slander to this ignorant retard.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 5:44pm
so is this gonna be on the local news or what???

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Sep 21,2005 5:47pm
Apparently they've never heard of checking sources...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 5:51pm
that sounds like facist talk there... are you some sort of commie pinko liberal?
wtf.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 5:52pm
i heard this on Dennis and Callahan at 7:45 this morning. I have every intention of of e-mailing the Herald about this. EVERYONE else should take 2 minutes to do this. This is bullshit.

1st off, the Red Cross is the LAST charitable organization to be accusing misspent funds after the 9/11 scandal.
Chickie/Laura/whatever: I've kept my mouth shut so far because I consider BOE friends of mine, but you've gone WAY the fuck overboard with this. Are you accusing Nate of stealing the money? If so, then fucking say so! He tried to do something to help people out, and it didn't work. That's it, nothing more.
So what do you do? You make a big scandal outta it, give BOE bad press by breaking off your organization's relationship with them (for the actions of ONE member, actions which were not sanctioned by the other members) without even giving the band the chance to handle it internally, make a formal apology, etc.
You've filed a complaint with the Red Cross, alleging fraud with NO proof of contractual agreement.
You've publicly slandered Nate DeMontigny (I would personally sue the living shit out of you.)
And you've caused a horrible situation both within this scene and within BOE, both of which will have long lasting consequences for the band.

and why? Because you're a self important twit who takes herself too seriously. If you're so displeased with Cold Storage/Nate, then why didn't you contact him, smooth things out, and come up with a written agreement to prevent future miscommunication, thus continuing the efforts to take in donations for your beloved cause?
If you're so outraged, then why don't i see you returning the money that you collected, as a matter of principle?
Considering this scene is a big part of your boyfriend's life, don't you think it would have been wise to not turn a mountain out of a molehill, and hanle this with Nate privately Or are you pulling a Yoko Ono, and trying to ruin things for Jim?
Way to fuck your man's band up, hon.

As it stands, i will not be donating anymore $$ to the Red Cross EVER, and also discourage any and everyone else from donating.
Furthermore, I am boycotting any remaining shows that the ChickieFund will be collecting at, and am seriously considering boycotting all BOE shows until they completely sever any relationship with her. (sorry guys!)

my only regret: that this post might ruin my friendship with Jim. Sorry, bro. I love you, but this is complete bullshit!

toggletoggle post by An80sMetalChick at Sep 21,2005 5:57pm
Looks like printed matter speaks for itself:

"All Proceeds to be Donated to the Red Cross"

The Word "All" seems to stand out.

Proceeds: The amount of money derived from a commercial or fundraising venture.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 5:57pm
a photoshopped image is proof? shit, gimme an hour, an i'll prove McCrackin killed Kennedy. both of them.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 6:00pm
http://www.chickie.org/ = fucking retarded, what the hell? get a life!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 21,2005 6:00pm
She should've stuck to raising a delicious turkey dinner and a well-ironed pair of slacks.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 6:00pm
What Scott said. Like I said, I'm usually incredibly supportive of charities, I gave 2 bucks at that show. But since Laura doesn't get ENOUGH money she goes out of her way to...ugh. You should be ashamed of yourself Laura. You're a mean person. Trying to capitalize on the shortcommings of Death Metal show incredibly selfish. That show was booked what, a month before the hurricane hit, why do you feel the need to fuck over a band that had a deal already arranged?? You SHOULD have been professional and took the money YOU earned instead of getting greedy.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 6:03pm
printed matter?
what about the verbal agreement you had with nate?
he told you the band was to be paid for gas

where's the money people donated at the club?

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:04pm
Proceeds n.pl. the sum derived from a sale or business venture.

Nate sold live entertainment, that he himself had purchased. he did not make a profit. In fact, he didn't even break even. The cost of the entertainment was greater than revenue that it generated. Do we give the red cross $-4.00?
Does that mean the Red Cross has to give ME $4.00? alright, knock yourself out.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 6:04pm
actually if you want to get in to a semantic/syntactic thing... which is where your post reeks of...

proceeds are definted by "the yield" (which you cut out of your look up on http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Proceeds conviently enough).

yield: A profit obtained from an investment; a return.

investment: $100 to get malamor to play
return: $54 in the collection bucket

it's simple enough terms.. can your gpu handle that?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 21,2005 6:05pm
I'm positive if I look anywhere else on the 'net, the flyer has no mention of all proceeds going to the Red Cross. You suck at the internet.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 6:08pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 6:08pm
hm.. there is some website out there where you can upload flyers
um.. oh yeah! this one.
here is the flyer:

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 6:09pm
I just spoke with her and this is now all about me putting their logo on their and saying proceeds go to the red cross. She knew, even the night of the show, that Malamor was getting gas money before any donation. I didn't make enough money to donate now I'm getting sued? Now my family can't move till this bs is cleared up? It's ok for me and my family because of $96 I promised to the band well before this became a benefit show?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 21,2005 6:12pm
the_reverend said:
hm.. there is some website out there where you can upload flyers
um.. oh yeah! this one.
here is the flyer:

PWNED

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:12pm
I have a proposal Laura.

I will give you the $96, on behalf of Cold Storage Productions. In exchange, you will retract your complaint with the Red Cross, and you will stay away from this scene. You just came in, no one will miss you.

It's probably to your benefit. I don't think you've got too many friends here anymore. I personally find you a disgusting, self serving individual, and won't think twice about letting you know, at any show you might show up at.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 6:13pm
Laura, you can explain to my children why we can't move into our new house now. You can also explain to them why we don't have a place to live because we had to worry about this instead of paying to move into a new house. Thank you for destroying my life Laura. All for $96. I hope you sleep well tonight!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 6:13pm
hey nate, check your emails pls

toggletoggle post by Notorious D.U.G. at Sep 21,2005 6:13pm
This situation is like arguing with Castledoomerone if he was brainwashed Manchurian Candidate style. Trying to rationalize and argue with people like her is like dry humping; in the end you really don't have anything to show for your efforts.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 6:14pm
this is going to make the show tonight oh so much fun.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 21,2005 6:15pm
nate nli said:
Laura, you can explain to my children why we can't move into our new house now. You can also explain to them why we don't have a place to live because we had to worry about this instead of paying to move into a new house. Thank you for destroying my life Laura. All for $96. I hope you sleep well tonight!

Countersue.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 6:18pm
and if you had an issue with nate why didn't you speak up and try to resolve it with him instead of going to the media and giving a biased account of what happened

wtf?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 6:19pm
Laura, you are a disgrace to the word "charity". Don't ever go to a show again please. I can't believe how much you have maliciously with full intent destoryed Nate's life.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 21,2005 6:21pm
attempted philanthropy, a crime punishable in civil court

lame...nate, good for you for trying to do a nice thing that you did NOT have any obligation to do.

This is not worth the bullshit that he's going to have to put up with.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 21,2005 6:22pm
The hilarity of this is, as far as I can tell, Laura has no actual proof of anything she claims... probably because they're all bold-faced lies. Nate on the other hand, seems to have a pretty decent case.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 21,2005 6:22pm
Notorious D.U.G. said:
This situation is like arguing with Castledoomerone if he was brainwashed Manchurian Candidate style. Trying to rationalize and argue with people like her is like dry humping; in the end you really don't have anything to show for your efforts.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:31pm
DomesticTerror said:
I have a proposal Laura.

I will give you the $96, on behalf of Cold Storage Productions. In exchange, you will retract your complaint with the Red Cross, and you will stay away from this scene. You just came in, no one will miss you.

It's probably to your benefit. I don't think you've got too many friends here anymore. I personally find you a disgusting, self serving individual, and won't think twice about letting you know, at any show you might show up at.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:33pm
Laura, you still haven't answered any of my questions.

Where is your conviction?

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 6:34pm
I appreciate you saying that Scott but she obviously has her own agenda.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Sep 21,2005 6:35pm
Nate if theyre suing you, then for how much

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:36pm
it's amazing...12 hours ago i hardly knew this woman. Now I loathe her down to my marrow.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 6:45pm
For a minute I thought this was a joke of some sort, but I must have been dreaming. It's not enough the people in NOLA have suffered but now everyone has to, even the people trying to help.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 6:47pm
What if DeeDee's gets fed up with the press/phone calls and stops booking?
If that were to happen, then this chick and I will have SERIOUS issues.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 21,2005 6:51pm edited Sep 21,2005 6:51pm
Aegathis nli said:
Nate if theyre suing you, then for how much

Dude, fucking email him or call him up those questions-that shit shouldn't be posted here.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 6:53pm
Ooooh the foreshadowing/inevitabilty is killing me.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 7:00pm
OK, here's what I just sent to the gay Herald, my wife (an ex-journalist) added the catty comments and annoying catch phrases:

Disconcerting Article - Red Crossed
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=103543

This response regards today's article by reporter Jenna Wolf headlined "Rock show benefit in Quincy hits sour note," in which Laura Harrison of the American Red Cross contends show organizer Nathan DeMontigny defrauded the organization of $96.

I play guitar for Life at Zero, one of the bands that performed at the "rock show benefit," as Wolf put it. This show was put together on 8/2/2005, long before Hurricane Katrina was even a collection of raindrops. After the hurricane disaster, DeMontigny contacted us and the other 2 opening bands to see if we would play the show for free and have the proceeds donated to the American Red Cross. He made it clear that Malamor (the headlining band from NY) would still receive compensation for playing, since they had to travel so far. All 3 opening bands were fine with the agreement. Where Laura Harrison of the American Red Cross got the idea that Nathan somehow defrauded her is beyond me. The payment to Malamor was part of the cost of putting on this show, and, take it from someone who has traveled all over the place to perform, $100 of gas money does not even come close to covering their travel expenses.

Shame on reporter (intern?) Jenna Wolf and the Boston Herald for running this story without first checking facts. Your reporter got many basic facts wrong, and should probably go back to BU's journalism school: DeMontigny is NOT from Quincy; the name of his production company is Cold Storage Productions (not Cold Stone); and the show was NOT organized on behalf of the Red Cross, to name a few errors in her 194-word article. I also find it appalling that you would so quickly attack -- dare I say, libel -- an individual and an extremely small music scene who were only trying to do a good deed. Believe me, I wish we collected more money at the door -- but the venue was tiny and the crowd smaller than expected.

This article is the kind of garbage I would expect from Fox News. The fact that this debate is over one hundred lousy dollars makes this even more ridiculous. As a representative of the American Red Cross, Laura Harrison should be ashamed. In the time it took to call the Boston Herald and libel an innocent party, she probably could have raised the $100 from a couple of fundraising phone calls.

Nathan DeMontigny has done a lot for our music scene and does not deserve this type of abuse from the media, who apparently are having a "slow news day" -- or perhaps you couldn't resist the overused 'sour note' headline. He attempted to raise money for a good cause and is getting his name trashed over $100 that was part of the cost of putting on this production. I strongly recommend a correction or follow-up article with the real facts and making a concerted effort to clear DeMontigny's name.

Sincerely appalled,

Andy Westcott

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 7:10pm
Wow Andy! THANK YOU is all I can say!

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 7:18pm
I'm drafting now. My neighbor/father's best friend is the Entertainment Editor for the Boston Herald. gotta run it by him first.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2005 7:20pm
nice job andy and thumbs up to the wife!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 7:29pm
nate

i've been trying to reach you but i do not want to post on here

i've sent you 2 emails..pls write me back

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 7:32pm
E-mailed u back Carina

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Sep 21,2005 7:51pm edited Sep 21,2005 7:52pm
All I can say is that it is for an organization as big as the Red Cross to have a woman like this Laura Harrison ,"representing" them and accussing Nate ,who obviously was doing his part in trying to help these people out ,of Defrauding the Red Cross of $96 is so retarded..Who is this gonna hurt more in the end, one singled out individual or a "representative" of an International Organization, who is making a big deal over $96..

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 21,2005 8:02pm
Please tell me that the red cross is more concerned with the hurricane that just destroyed NO and the hurricane about to hit texas than $96.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2005 8:08pm
I heard that thing is now a Cat. 5. Should be interesting...

toggletoggle post by mark fucking richards at Sep 21,2005 8:26pm
wow...i can't add much to this since there is already a solid consensus that i fully agree with.

nate, if you need me to do anything that may be of any assistance, let me know. this is bullshit beyond all comprehension. i guess i'll just leave it at that.

and just a quick sidenote, the author who wrote the article must have been hungry when she wrote it. Cold Stone is an ice cream shop, and she spelled Malamor as Malomar, a delicious marshmallow/chocolate treat. that alone shows an insanely low degree of professionalism

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 8:32pm
mallomar (two l's)

toggletoggle post by mark fucking richards at Sep 21,2005 8:41pm
damn you rev and your grammatical majesty. still, malomar is closer to a snack than it is to malamor. fucker.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 11:02pm edited Sep 22,2005 11:09pm
I am writing to take issue with Jenna Wolf's article "Rock show benefit in Quincy hits sour note", published in Wednesday's Herald (http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=103543). I performed at the show that evening, and am quite displeased with the lack of factual information that your newspaper has printed. Even more alarming, I heard the story read from your publication on WEEI 850 AM, who has an extremely large audience.
This concert was not organized on behalf of the Red Cross, as stated. It was organized on August 2nd, weeks before Hurricane Katrina ever hit. My band, along with 2 other openers were then asked by the event organizer, Nathan DeMontigny, if we were willing to forgo payment, if any, to benefit victims of the hurricane. We all agreed. Also, Mr. DeMontigny does not reside in Quincy, and the name of his company is Cold Storage Productions, not Stone Cold Productions.
Your article also states that after expenses were deducted from the gate, there was $96.00 left for the charity. This is simply not true. The gate collected a total of $96.00, and the expenses totalled $100.00. This was the cost of the NY band Malamor (which your article misspelled), who required payment for travel expenses, which is quite common with out of state bands. Simple arithmetic will tell you that this concert lost money. $4.00 to be exact.
Red Cross representative Laura Harrison was quoted with the claim that she recieved no money, but neither she nor the article ever mention the money that she had collected at her table inside the club, right by the entrance. I believe her total was $54.00. She has since filed a complaint with her RI headquarters, as your paper accurately reported, but with no proof of any contractual agreement. She cannot provide this proof because there was no contract. It was a verbal agreement made between friends and associates. (I know this because, as one of the performers, I am part of this agreement, along with 12 others.) I have contacted her, asking why she hasn't tried to come to an agreement with Mr. DeMontigny, and possibly write up some type of formal agreement to prevent future miscommunications. She has yet to respond, and her website www.bandsforrelief.net has mysteriously and conveniently stopped functioning. Apparently her only cause is slander.
I find it horrible that the Herald would print such a misinformed, one sided story. Is this standard policy, or is it just reserved for the ravings of fanatical activists? I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but I've been told that DeeDee's Lounge has stopped allowing local promoters to book shows at their venue, all due to the publicity. Other promoters, along with Mr. DeMontigny, have decided to never put on another fund raiser. These consequences may not upset most readers, but it is a major loss to our growing scene. Furthermore, many of your readers and WEEI listeners may now be skeptical about contibuting to smaller fund raising events. This is very unbeneficial to a charitable organization that claims "no amount is too small."
In the future, please conduct your reporting with a certain level of responsiblity. It is not an option. As a news provider, it is your obligation. But who am I to lecture the Herald on journalistic integrity? I'm just a person who has been affected by this sad display of junk reporting.

*edit* took out my name. yeah, i'm paranoid

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 11:06pm
dammit! 2 typos...

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 11:11pm
and again, WOW Scott, Thank you as well. With all this, and some other people doing things (which I thank you all) hopefully this issue will no longer be an issue and we can all get on with our lives. But like many people are saying, this did not only effect me but it now has tarnished the way people look at charitable groups. No matter how small a voice we all are in the infamous words of the Red Cross "no amount is to small". And even the smallest reply to a paper or radio station about this will have an effect. Thanks again guys, I'll keep you all updated when I get anything more, whether or not this gets dropped or they proceed with this lunatic lawsuit.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 11:12pm
if anyone does write something up and sends it in can you either send it to me or post it here? I will take what everyone wrote to court with me if it comes to it.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 11:13pm
send it to leukorrhea@gmail.com

sorry not logged in and forgot to post e-mail

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 11:20pm
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...9FC-4605-88EDFAC490F227EC1881747234

intersting. it seemed she understood the deal on the 16th. pretty neat. rather big hole she's digging for herself there.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 11:23pm
she's in too deep to retract anything now. i'd sue her. a lot.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 21,2005 11:38pm
awesome, I'll make sure to send that to her superviser tomorrow and to the Boston Herald. If she takes it down that's fine to, I just saved it into a folder and I have it timestamped digitally so that's that for now... anonymous THANK YOU!

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 11:42pm
tomorrow i will be writing to the Red Cross.
who else can we write to?
I'm debating writing to Dennis and Callahan, but they'll probably just joke about it and make it worse...

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 21,2005 11:43pm
anonymous said:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...9FC-4605-88EDFAC490F227EC1881747234

intersting. it seemed she understood the deal on the 16th. pretty neat. rather big hole she's digging for herself there.

this anonymous guy is like Deep Throat.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 21,2005 11:44pm
Chickie, do you have any specific title or ID with the RI Red Cross. I will most certainly be mentioning you. Quite frequently, too.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 21,2005 11:47pm

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 22,2005 7:38am
September 16, 2005

http://www.bandsforrelief.net is now active.

This evening the Bands for Relief effort took place at Dee Dee's Lounge in Quincy, Massachusetts.

Unfortunately, Cold Storage Productions could not donate money to the Red Cross because they had to pay band travel expenses.

This evening, Bands for Relief collected $53.50 from the crowd and from Bane of Existence, who contributed donations from their merchandise sales.

A Very Special Thank You to Tammy, Jim and Jodi who helped out this evening wtih the crowd collections.

Many more thanks to all of the kind folks who turned out for the "first half" of this show and donated as much as they did for Hurricane Katrina Relief.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Sep 22,2005 8:17am edited Sep 22,2005 8:25am
hmmm... interesting how the tables have turned on this event when a couple of well put, professional reading letters were written and sent to the Herald (which is, as stated above, a shoddy excuse for a news paper)

Let's see what happens next

and Carina, I just checked, and bandsforrelief.net isn't working anymore... The plot thickens yet again...

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 8:25am
anyone get the Herald this morning?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 8:58am
hmm I went to check on the properties of one of her pages (chickie.org) and it says the page was edited on 9/22/05.... looks like someone rushed to take their page down...

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 8:59am
I wonder if the Red Cross has relieved her of her duties yet?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2005 9:01am edited Sep 22,2005 9:01am
nate said:
hmm I went to check on the properties of one of her pages (chickie.org) and it says the page was edited on 9/22/05.... looks like someone rushed to take their page down...

did Jim and her break up because of this yet? I wonder if he deleted her website.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 22,2005 9:02am
It is a shame that when good people attempt to come to the aide of their nieghbors they are trashed by the ignorant as all of the above posters are! I have it on good authority that Laura went to the RI chapter of the Red Cross and signed an agreement to fund raise. How do I know this? I am the person who advised her to do so. The event may have been planned in advance of the hurricane, however; Nate printed both a poster and a flyer advertising the event as ALL proceeds to go to the Red Cross. Laura did not photo shop that poster and Nate if you were an honest man you would admit this. To blame Laura for "ruining your family's move" is a joke. Whyt don't you take responsibility for your actions. Also, as a Red Cross volunteer I do not charge for gas money when I do anything to benefit the victoms of disaster. If the band needed gas money then Nate you should have paid them out of your own pocket. For all of you who trash Laura and the Red Cross...what other organization provides shelter, food and clothing to disaster victims? As a Red Cross volunteer, I can attest to the fact that when your house burns down in the middle of the night noone BUT the Red Cross will show up to help you! Also in reply to the post regarding the Red Cross handling funds inappropriately....their then CEO was FIRED as a results of that decision. If you want your money to go to hurricane victims write a check and note "for hurricane relief" on it and that is where it will go. Laura went out and tried to do a honorable thing....Yoko ONo my ass................thw band did not issue a apology because Mike is their webmaster and refused. What a bunch of liars you people are. Get your facts straight and stop talking about the dollar amount. A theif is a theif. Stealing money meant for Katrina victims.....disgusting!!!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 22,2005 9:05am edited Sep 22,2005 9:06am
it's "thief" learn to spell please
and when Nate told Laura that the out of state band needed to get paid why didn't she speak up then? You are disgusting coming on here with your biased facts.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Sep 22,2005 9:07am
i knew katrina was a whore all along

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 9:13am
The logo was added to the flyer 3 days before the show, and only on the Cold Storage Productions my space page. Maybe you should re-read the entire post here and see that I had already agreed to pay the band to come from New York travelling expenses. You would also see that I told Laura anything over and above what they got paid would be donated. Since there was not enough money made, $4 came out of my own pocket. You would also notice that she collected $54 that night. Isn't the Red Cross the group that says "no amount is to small"? So she made a donation based on the money collected, at a show from the get go was not a benefit but became one to help people out that needed it. I have nothing to hide, this is and was the deal, Laura can believe whatever she wants but the agreement that her and I had stated anyting above and beyond Malamor's travelling expenses would be donated, and that she could set up a booth at the show. And if you're so correct and pointing fingers here anonymous why not say who you are? I have nothing to hide, what are you hiding from?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 9:16am edited Sep 22,2005 9:25am
edit: forget tracing the IP, we can all guess who it was...

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2005 10:29am
I heard that when the homeless guy outside 7 11 asks for change on the way out, and you say Yeah ok if I have any change after I get my scratch ticket and coffee I'll give it to you, and then you don't have any to give him, he can sue you.

Totally sweet logic.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 11:15am
An80sMetalChick said:

PROCEEDS is indicative of NET, not GROSS sales - retard. Paying a guarantee of $100 to an out of state band for gas and van rental is an EXPENSE, just like booking sound, lighting, providing pay for security or police presence, etc...

In a non-profit organization, salaries still get paid, overhead still gets met, and cost-of business still comes out of revenue. The red-cross does it themselves, yet you're clueless to see the same paradigm in the music industry? Worst part is, with the weight of media and a huge organization like the Red Cross behind you, you can be totally wrong and STILL cause a lot of damage with the shit you sling.

You know absolutely NOTHING about business, chickie. You've also gone out of your way to slander and cast negative light upon an already ailing local music scene.

You've officially made yourself public enemy #1 with this. I'll be shooting off a letter myself to the herald concentrating on your poor ethic, lack of professionalism, and lack of tact. I'll also be sending one off the the Red Cross, so if anyone can provide me with Chickie's full name I'd be very grateful.

I'll also be speaking with my attourney (ex-DA of 25 years) on Nate's behalf. He won't represent him cheaply, but he will give me some free advice. At this point, I think the only issues Nate can fight back on is the lack of contract or notarization, slander (which is iffy, and expensive to bring to court), and giving out his personal phone # (which is also iffy if he ever presented it as his "business" number)

In closing, I must say this to Chickie: You're a douche.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 22,2005 11:33am
ArrowHead said:
An80sMetalChick said:

PROCEEDS is indicative of NET, not GROSS sales - retard. Paying a guarantee of $100 to an out of state band for gas and van rental is an EXPENSE, just like booking sound, lighting, providing pay for security or police presence, etc...

In a non-profit organization, salaries still get paid, overhead still gets met, and cost-of business still comes out of revenue. The red-cross does it themselves, yet you're clueless to see the same paradigm in the music industry? Worst part is, with the weight of media and a huge organization like the Red Cross behind you, you can be totally wrong and STILL cause a lot of damage with the shit you sling.

You know absolutely NOTHING about business, chickie. You've also gone out of your way to slander and cast negative light upon an already ailing local music scene.

You've officially made yourself public enemy #1 with this. I'll be shooting off a letter myself to the herald concentrating on your poor ethic, lack of professionalism, and lack of tact. I'll also be sending one off the the Red Cross, so if anyone can provide me with Chickie's full name I'd be very grateful.

I'll also be speaking with my attourney (ex-DA of 25 years) on Nate's behalf. He won't represent him cheaply, but he will give me some free advice. At this point, I think the only issues Nate can fight back on is the lack of contract or notarization, slander (which is iffy, and expensive to bring to court), and giving out his personal phone # (which is also iffy if he ever presented it as his "business" number)

In closing, I must say this to Chickie: You're a douche.

only on this web site could someone write a paragraph as professional as that and end it with "you're a douche" i love it

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Sep 22,2005 11:39am
this is why you should keep shows about the music. a benefit show is a nice idea but how much money do you think you're really gonna raise. especially for a local show. anyone involved in this scene knows that if 50 people show up thats a good night. if someone cares so much make a donation, there's a million ways to do so. all this shit could have been avoided.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 11:45am
babyshaker said:

only on this web site could someone write a paragraph as professional as that and end it with "you're a douche" i love it

Actually, I called her a retard in the first sentence as well. And it's not just this website, I really talk this way.

Ironic, that my own job is in jeapordy due to my lack of "professionalism".. lol

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2005 11:52am
any money made from a show should be donated to the bands for gas money at least.

toggletoggle post by CHICKIE at Sep 22,2005 11:56am
LOOK AT ME!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 11:59am
There you go, make fun of how she looks. God knows she hasn't given us enough real personal flaws to attack, let's go after the one thing she has no control over.

It's people like you that make fun of me for being short, while missing out on the fact that I'm a COMPLETE ASSHOLE

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 12:03pm
Her website seems to be down, but luckily for me I catalogued everything because I plan to see a lawyer about sueing 'chickie' myself for slander and mental anguish (from loss of business).

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick NLI at Sep 22,2005 12:04pm
HUMP ME PLZ!!!!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 12:10pm
Good luck Joe, I bet you couldn't afford the inital court dates, lawyer, or missed work. Lawsuits don't work that way. You need to have a chance of recieving payout that justifies court expenditures, or you need the backing of a huge and reputable company that can pay those expenses for you, like, say, maybe the Red Cross?

Now if we instead make it a point to politely and proffessionally inform the Red Cross about the truth of this situation, and the bad publicity that Chickie is bringing the music community AND the Red Cross, I'm sure we could get her removed from her position, or at least from dealing with the general public on behalf of the RC.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 12:30pm
She doesn't have a position with the Red Cross, that was either a lie she wrote in her press release or that the newspapers conjured up from nowhere. She is someone who created her own website so she could raise money for the Red Cross, she is not an employee of them, or as far as I understand it, even affiliated in any real professional way.

In reality she does not have a job that I know about, so I bet she donated alot of her own money to the benefit for Hurrican Victims.

I believe I can get a lawyer who, if thinks I have a case, will work for nothing and get paid only if he wins the case for me.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 22,2005 1:04pm
I write annonymously because the people that come here threaten others, resort to some pretty devisive tactics and are basically inarticulate and uninformed. If the best you can do is trash me for spelling errors then you need to try harder. Laura formed a website and effort and called it "Bands for Relief" . She went to the Red Cross and volunteered to raise funds with their agreement and that of the bands who participated at more than one venue. The Red Cross expected that the proceeds of the gate at Nate's place were to go to them.Even if the announcement that the proceeds were to go to the Red Cross were on a web site for 24 hours all who see it assume that their gate money goes to the Red Cross. Doesn't Nate pay bands to play at his place?Isn't that part of his Administrative costs? A benefit for any reason has administrative costs, but the statement that 100% of the proceeds goes to the Red Cross is misleading. Who printed that poster and flyer? All this talk over law suits? Oh I guess you are all attorneys? You need just cause to bring a suit against someone and the burden of proof lies on the accuser. I am being objective. I don't have to resort to name calling to express my pov.Laura was not posing as a Red Cross volunteer nor employee, she was working as herself under the name "Bands For Relief". Call her a liar if you want, she never misrepresented herself at all. Yes, the Red Cross gratefully accepts any donation big or small. She went public with this because she believed that money that was supposed to go to the Red Cross didn't get there and that is the case then it is wrong. I also would like to know what all of you do to help other people? Here is a woman who was horrified at what she saw and wanted to do something about it. You are getting it wrong. If Laura has the time to put her energies to raising money for the hurricane victims and there was money that should have rightfully gone there than I think she should be applauded. It's all your loss, the Laura I know has the courage to do what's right.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 1:08pm
Joe/NotCommon said:

I believe I can get a lawyer who, if thinks I have a case, will work for nothing and get paid only if he wins the case for me.

Honestly, if you can do this see if you can get him to donate any winnings to the Red Cross. Imagine the way that'd look in the papers.

If raising money for the RC is important to her, then being made out to be the bad guy would crush her.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 1:10pm
yes she did misrepresent herself with supposed contracts that she had with the Red Cross, which none of us, including myself, have seen or been made aware of. Where is the contract she had with them?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 1:12pm
anonymous said:
the Laura I know has the courage to do what's right.

But she's wasting energy doing what is WRONG.

You mention yourself in your statement, she expected the PROCEEDS to go to the RC. She misunderstood the cost of business at a show. This is easily explained, but she felt the need to publicly embarass herself and others over a gesture of goodwill that was sincere on all parts.

The laura I know seems to be a cunt.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 1:12pm
Nate, you should see about possibly sueing Laura as well

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 1:15pm
By the way, look at the bigger examples. When live aid happened, do you think the bands' crews, trucks, equipment, and travel went unpaid for? At the end of the day, you pay what you need to to bring in the money. Nate did that. Then, the remainder or "proceeds" go into the pocket of the promoter. In a case of charity, THIS is the sum of donation.

Without paying a guarantee, the band wouldn't play. Without the band, the fans of the band don't come. Without the fans, the money wouldn't have been there anyways.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 1:19pm
anonymous said:
I write annonymously because the people that come here threaten others, resort to some pretty devisive tactics and are basically inarticulate and uninformed.

Actually, you write anonymously because you fear repercussions against yourself for publicly sharing your opinion. It's a sign of weakness, and a lack of strong charachter.

You boast of your articulation and information, yet no one will give earnest respect to the man who jumps onto the soapbox with a mask over his face.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 1:22pm
anonymous said:
the Laura I know has the courage to do what's right.

and the Jim I know laughed his ass off at all of our Tsunami jokes, and made some of his own about Dimebag Darrell

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Sep 22,2005 1:29pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Nate, you should see about possibly sueing Laura as well

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 1:32pm
all I want out of this is for her to drop it and admit that she was wrong. I don't have the money and or time to pursue a lawsuit against her. If I did I would be all over it like a seagull on a french fry.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 1:54pm
i dont think she can drop it, isnt it the red cross' investigation now?

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 2:09pm
yeah it is in their hands but I have yet to receive a call from anyone other than the Boston Herald about it. I think the Red Cross has better things to do than worry about a misunderstanding, like say Hurricane Rita that is about to destroy southern Texas. But we'll wait and see, she gave my number to the Herald so I'm sure she did to the Red Cross...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 22,2005 2:13pm
As I said before the burden lies on the accuser, yes, with all the threats of law suits and worse I wouldn't go public. You are in no position to judge my character, your words are meaningless. I know who I am and I know Laura and she believes that she is acting in good faith. Let the Red Cross and the authorities sort out what happened. In the meanwhile go look in the mirror. Only G-- is my judge.

toggletoggle post by nate   at Sep 22,2005 2:16pm
only G--?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 2:16pm
God, but Jim usually spells it as dog

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Sep 22,2005 2:17pm
anonymous said:
Let the Red Cross and the authorities sort out what happened.

Good advice, better given BEFORE calling newspapers.

My words are meaningless because you have tin ears. I've pretty much agreed with everything you've said, except she should NOT have called the papers and given out nate's phone. The media already portrays the local scene poorly. She's now added to that.

I judge god as well, so don't try hiding behind him with that God is my judge crap. You believe that? You'd sign your name.

No one on either side has grounds or money for a lawsuit. That's a poor excuse you use.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 2:20pm
The newspapers also called Mike from Bane of Existence

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 22,2005 2:28pm
Again, my offer stands, if $100 will make this go away, I will write the check. Let me know who to send it to.
This woman is obviously insane and this is a waste of all our time.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 22,2005 2:38pm
Give me the $100 and I'll knock her teeth out.

Hitting women is ok if you do it for money.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 22,2005 2:56pm
Josh_Martin said:
Give me the $100 and I'll knock her teeth out.

Hitting women is ok if you do it for money.

Haha - well put! Actually, I think you just came up with a new song title for your band...

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 22,2005 3:10pm
anonymous said:
As I said before the burden lies on the accuser, yes, with all the threats of law suits and worse I wouldn't go public. You are in no position to judge my character, your words are meaningless. I know who I am and I know Laura and she believes that she is acting in good faith. Let the Red Cross and the authorities sort out what happened. In the meanwhile go look in the mirror. Only G-- is my judge.

You're as much of a fraud as Laura is. God is fucking dead. Stop trying to bully the little guy.

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Sep 22,2005 4:21pm
I can't believe "anonymous" says this bitch deserves applause... Fucking hell.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 5:26pm
anonymous said:
Also, as a Red Cross volunteer I do not charge for gas money when I do anything to benefit the victoms of disaster. QUOTE]

Malamor aren't Red Cross volunteers.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 22,2005 5:42pm
I like how she signs her press release with a nickname. Fucking idiot.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 5:48pm
don't forget to send a letter to the patriot ledger. that article has some bad info as well.
i like how it kinda plugs BOE. interesting.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 5:51pm
It doesn't really plug BOE, as it just mentions the shirt and then segues into what death metal is about.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 5:52pm
i'm just jealous, cuz no newspaper will print the word Whoremastery. not that the ledger is a real newspaper.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 6:03pm
actually, it seems that the agreement was between Nate and Jim Ash

http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=21360#304819

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 22,2005 6:05pm
RichHorror said:
I like how she signs her press release with a nickname. Fucking idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I agree 100%

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 6:10pm
just for the record, i'd like to retract my statement about considering boycotting BOE until they sever all ties with her. It's kinda pointless, because her company has already severed ties with them. yeah, it took me a day to realize that...oops.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 6:12pm
Yeah, but for some reason Jim still uses the BOE email list and myspace to plug her agenda. It makes no sense.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 22,2005 6:15pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Yeah, but for some reason Jim still uses the BOE email list and myspace to plug her agenda. It makes no sense.

Insert picture of vagina here.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 22,2005 7:47pm
Here is my last word on the subject. Anyone who is so intolerant to attack my religious beliefs is unworthy of my time and energy. I am glad to be an American!!!

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Sep 22,2005 7:50pm
now if only we knew just who in the high, holy hell you were

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 22,2005 7:56pm
"you've unleashed the fucking fury!"

toggletoggle post by Notorious_D.U.G. at Sep 22,2005 8:01pm
anonymous said:
Here is my last word on the subject. Anyone who is so intolerant to attack my religious beliefs is unworthy of my time and energy. I am glad to be an American!!!

last word really? don't tease us. is that a promise? sure hope so. thanks.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 8:02pm
the_reverend said:
"you've unleashed the fucking fury!"

haha that just cheered me up beyond belief

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 22,2005 8:29pm
I can't believe how much malicous destruction Laura has caused. I hope she's fucking happy. I hope it's fucking worth it. Even my nana knows she's out of line.

toggletoggle post by Handinjury NLI at Sep 22,2005 8:43pm
This is FUCKING RETARDED.
I played in one of the bands that night, Whoremastery to be exact. I just spent over a half hour reading this thread. I am really angry with this turnout of events. So I am going to make this post really short, because I need to calm down.

1) Nate, I know your intentions where good. I am really sorry this shit has to happen to you.
2) Laura Harrison AKA Chickey, fuck you. No one ever asked me for a donation at the show. I cant believe you would trash your own bf's band.
4) Anonymous, fuck you too. Go run and praise your worthless DEAD god. God has NOTHING to do with this.

toggletoggle post by Handinjury NLI at Sep 22,2005 8:46pm
anonymous said:

You should have never brought it up, it has no relevance to this subject. And thats why I attack. I am proud to be an american also, now go fuck yourself.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 8:46pm
What happened to #3?

I lost my Mouth of the Architect show at DeeDees because of the article mentioning the shirt I wore and I think the reporter who called DeeDees asked them why they let a band sell such shirts.

I guess I deserve that but the shirt was pretty funny.

Laura is a selfish cunt, in my opinion.

toggletoggle post by Handinjury NLI at Sep 22,2005 8:53pm
I was told that laura and chickie are the same person. But i forgot to fix the numbering. And yes the shirt was awfull, but i got a good laugh.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 8:53pm
hmmm...isn't this what happened with Dans Spitz and Anthrax?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 22,2005 8:55pm
Laura and Chickie are the same person, Jim Ash's girlfriend. She doesn't work for the Red Cross, is just someone who made her own website (bands for relief) which was about bands and promoters donating money to the red cross.

I could do the same exact thing right now, there was nothing very official about it, as far as I understand it.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 9:03pm
anonymous, please check this out. i'm trying to help you.

http://www.meadowhaven.org/

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 22,2005 9:09pm edited Sep 22,2005 9:10pm

What is a cult?

The definition of a “cult” is elusive and controversial. Webster’s dictionary defines a cult in several different ways:

“A system of religious worship or ritual”

“A quasi-religious group, often living in a colony, with a charismatic leader who indoctrinates members with unorthodox or extremist views, practices, or beliefs.”
It is a group operating under the second definition above that can become totalistic, high-controlling, and abusive to its members.

Robert J. Lifton, in his seminal work on thought-reform, Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism, proposed the following 8 characteristics of a high-control group .

Milieu Control - Control of communication both from without and within the group environment, resulting in a significant degree of isolation from the surrounding society. Includes other techniques to restrict members' contact with outside world and to be able to make critical, rational judgments about information: overwork, busy-ness, multiple lengthy meetings, etc.

Mystical Manipulation - The claim of divine authority or spiritual advancement that allows the leader to reinterpret events as he or she wishes, or make prophecies or pronouncements at will, all for the purpose of controlling group members.

Demand for Purity - The world is viewed as black and white and group members are constantly exhorted to strive for perfection. Consequently, guilt and shame are common and powerful control devices.

The Cult of Confession - Serious (and often not so serious) sins, as defined by the group, are to be confessed, either privately to a personal monitor or publicly to the group at large.

The "Sacred Science" - The doctrine of the group is considered to be the ultimate Truth, beyond all questioning or disputing. The leader of the group is likewise above criticism as the spokesperson for God on earth.

Loading the Language - The group develops a jargon in many ways unique to itself, often not understandable to outsiders. This jargon consists of numerous words and phrases which the members understand (or think they do), but which really act to dull one's ability to engage in critical thinking.

Doctrine over Person - The personal experiences of the group members are subordinated to the "Truth" held by the group -- apparently contrary experiences must be denied or re-interpreted to fit the doctrine of the group. The doctrine is always more important than the individual.

Dispensing of Existence - The group arrogates to itself the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. Usually held non-literally, this means that those outside the group are unspiritual, worldly, satanic, "unconscious," or whatever, and that they must be converted to the ideas of the group or they will be lost. If they refuse to join the group, then they must be rejected by the group members, even if they are family members. In rare cases this concept gives the group the right to terminate the outsider's life.

Why does it matter? ...Impact of Cults

More important than the exact definition, however, is the damage that can be done to those in an abusive group. According to a study performed by Michael Langone, Ph.D., of the American Family Foundation (AFF), some of the symptoms suffered by former members are (follow this link for a more detailed presentation of Langone's study):

Anxiety, fear, and worry

Feelings of anger toward the group leaders

Mental confusion

Vivid flashbacks to the group experience

Low self-confidence

Indecisiveness

Difficulty concentrating

Loneliness

Compulsive need to talk about the group

Despair, hopelessness, and helplessness

Difficulty thinking critically

Guilt about things done while in the group

Troubled by thoughts that can't be gotten rid of

"Floating" among very different states of mind

Conflicts with loved ones & family

A longing to restore certain aspects of group

Sleeplessness

Nightmares

Difficulty finding suitable employment

Fear of physical harm by the group

Medical ills

In addition to these symptoms, former members often find themselves having difficulty functioning, much less thriving, within a society that has changed and evolved during their time in the cult. Simple tasks like opening a bank account, going to the grocery store, or going to the doctor are overwhelming and confusing.

All of these issues add stress and anxiety to the daily routine of life for the former member. Without healing, basic needs such as employment, relationships, and physical and mental health remain elusive as the cult identity continues to operate under the surface.

The Prognosis:

If the former members do not receive counseling from someone who understands their experience in a thought-reform environment, they will often find themselves seeking something that mirrors the cult environment. If they do receive quality counseling in the areas of trauma recovery and thought reform, chances are good that they will be able to not only recover their pre-cult identity, but learn and grow from their experience in the group. In addition, relationships that were lost or destroyed because of the cult can be healed and rebuilt. While recovery is not easy, the prognosis is good for those who receive help.

For more information on resources for ex-members, please visit MeadowHaven's Resources page.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 23,2005 8:50pm
GOOD THING THE MUTILATED/SOLIDIFICATION SHOW WASN'T CANCELLED CAUSE IT ALMOST WAS, I WOULD HAVE BE RIPSHIT.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 23,2005 9:06pm
BornSoVile said:
GOOD THING THE MUTILATED/SOLIDIFICATION SHOW WASN'T CANCELLED CAUSE IT ALMOST WAS, I WOULD HAVE BE RIPSHIT.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2014 6:57pm
hm...

toggletoggle post by Snowden NLI at Jan 6,2014 11:01pm
Is this the story behind the "Fuck Jim Ash and his ape-faced girlfriend" sticker on the fridge in the Grief practice space? You learn something every day.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2014 11:59pm
yep

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 7,2014 11:19am
The "Fuck Hurricane Victims" shirts was a master-stroke of IRL trolling.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF FIRE at Jan 7,2014 11:57am
only "fuck the fire department fest" is real

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 7,2014 3:14pm
ah the glory days. so many good posters have gone.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF GLORY DAYS at Jan 7,2014 3:39pm
Joe/NotCommon said[orig][quote]
It's too bad stuff like this can't happen to terrible bands like Sacreligion.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 7,2014 5:29pm
hahahaha glory days indeed.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][4:11:37pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.13168 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]