New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Red Tide? Killswitch Engage by KSE fan on Jul 24,2005 10:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by KSE fan at Jul 24,2005 10:48pm
Anyone know where I can obtain material by some band called Red Tide? This was Justin Foley's of KSE first band. I was at ozzfest and these kids were talking about them being a jazz metal death band. Sounds interesting. Found a ton of info about them by using google but can't track any music down. if anyone can post a link that'd be cool. there was a yousendit.com link for some bootleg video of red tide but its expired. thanks

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 24,2005 10:55pm
I guess I should put the 3 tapes and 2 CDs of RED TIDE on eBay soon.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 24,2005 11:10pm
never heard of them until that guy justin foley joined kse. i found there music on limewire a few months ago. try that or WinMx had some also. its definitly some insane music. i mean they were ahead of their time. i don't like it 100% but whoever wrote the music knows music, like seriously. the drumming is extreamly technical as well. i hate jazz but i gotta give them credit. its one of a kind.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 25,2005 1:07am
you hate jazz? you shouldnt listen to music.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jul 25,2005 1:18am
blue said:

hahaha

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 25,2005 1:28am
I think I have their Demo CD somewhere

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 25,2005 1:36am
The vocals ruin RED TIDE for me.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 25,2005 2:27am
um.. maximize profits.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jul 25,2005 7:20am
blue said:

He doesn't, he listens to Killswitch Engage

toggletoggle post by KSE fan at Jul 25,2005 7:23am
Hey guys I found some songs on http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/21083/index.php so if any of you are curious check it out. The vocals are bad. They suck. If they had a better vocalist they probably would have gone far. There is lots of potential. The thing that is funny is the music was written back in 1997. I was only in 6th grade! But it kinda reminded me of Candiria but not really. Its a different style. Its better than Candiria minus the sucky vocals. The drumming is outstanding. Its too bad he doesn't play like that in KSE. The guitar work is well extreamly complex. How they switch back and forth from jazz to metal like that is beyond me. Did this band ever play out live? I can't see them pulling this off live.

toggletoggle post by My Choice at Jul 25,2005 8:35am
my sister said when she was in high school she use to see them play out a lot. i was too young to go to shows then. love Killswitch though. my friend is trying to track some of their material down. if i remember i'll come back and post it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 25,2005 8:40am
RED TIDE rules, I use to see them.

The vocalist is an asian dood. They were pretty tight with candiria at the time. Wish they were still around.

toggletoggle post by My Choice at Jul 25,2005 9:09am
Yeah the bio i read said a Jeff Wu was the main writer of the music and he played the guitar and did the horrible vocals. here are some more links I found for your reading pleasure
http://www.defenestratedzine.com/Bands/RedTide.html
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/reti.htmhtt...his.com/~sha3u/reviews/redtide.html

just google it but you gotta play with the words to get all the hits. my friend is really into them now but its only because he heard about them through Killswitch's drummer. Its ok stuff and they were good musicians but mixing jazz and metal is kinda a no no?

toggletoggle post by My Choice at Jul 25,2005 9:14am

toggletoggle post by KSE Fan at Jul 25,2005 4:02pm
thanks for the links. anyone else talk to Justin Foley at the signing booth? I wanted to ask him about his old band and if they would either put something new out or play a show but couldn't get the nerve to. The dood looked annoyed.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 25,2005 8:30pm
who has the video footage? i'd like to see it. i saw some info on that DVD called Changing the Face of Metal 1992-2001 or something

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst   at Jul 26,2005 12:23pm
Capharnaum played tons of shows with them and shared some members "back in the day". They had a few demo tapes, I think the first one was "Impressions" and the next one was "Hybrid". They have two CDs called "Themes of the Cosmic Consciousness" and "Type II". I think everything except the Type II CD was recorded by fat cripple jew superproducer Jason Suecof (Trivium, God Forbid, Capharnaum, Crotchduster). You can find Type II relatively easy around the CT area, I do believe. But good luck finding the other stuff.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 26,2005 12:38pm
I have "Themes of the Cosmic Consciousness"

toggletoggle post by KSE Fan at Jul 26,2005 12:59pm
i read a rumor that maybe Killswitch will release a best of CD containing a mix of all their past bands like Overcast, Aftershock, Red Tide, Blood has been Shed. since i read this on another forum its probably not true. At ozzfest some kid was telling me there is a Red Tide DVD out there. It was never for sale - I guess it is not authorized. Wow the producer of Trivium & God Forbid who recorded their stuff! Cool. But the songs that I have found are from 1996, 1997 so this is old. I should join this board

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 27,2005 8:59am
oh forgot to mention at their DVD shoot at the Palladuim there were a bunch of kids chanting red tide and i saw one kid wearing a red tide t-shirt. i think they wanted to get in the footage or something.

toggletoggle post by KSE Fan at Aug 2,2005 11:16am
does anyone know how to podcast? a friend of mine said there is some podcast (the D&D Show) that features red tide and an interview with ex member and i have no idea how to find it or listen to it, am i making any sense?

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon  at Aug 2,2005 11:29am
red tide is awesome minus the vocals

toggletoggle post by KSE Fan at Aug 2,2005 12:23pm
i agree. the vocals are a weak point for sure. too bad they didn't have a different vocalist. the music OTOH is freakin top notch. i mean come on guys. what band out there sounded like red tide??? if they were around today they would kick some major ass as ever new metal band coming out are starting to sound the same. i say they should get back together! umm, with a new vocalist of course!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 2,2005 2:00pm
D&D might be the Dawn and Drew show. Haven't heard it but a lot of people talk about that podcast. its kinda like a Howard Stern type podcast but i hear its funnier since podcasts are not regulated.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 4,2005 10:38am
the vocals sound like GWAR kinda.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][6:11:14pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02272 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]