New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Hand Choke Neck needs Halloween Show - Willing to dress up! by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Sep 22,2004 12:07am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:07am
HCN, NH's finest in guttural vocals and mega squeels, is looking for a nasty halloween show. Band will dress up if necessary. Music will make you shit your pants -- perhaps option to do songs by other bands as part of the usual Halloween gimmick thing shows do. 5 fun and entertaining dudes.

Go to www.hand-choke-neck.com or post offers here.

Also available:

(the bottom two bands come together for this one day only!)
The Taste Of Silver - arlington, MA - Revolutionarily diverse music with a tinge of noise, following the beat of a different drummer. www.thetasteofsilver.com

Devil In The Kitchen - arlington, MA - Take Iron Maiden, Man-O-War, and Leatherwolf, and remove the vocals. Now, throw in a fiddle, and make the band listen to Old Bluegrass and Folk over and over again. Voila! www.devilinthekitchen.com

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Sep 22,2004 12:08am
if HCN wanna set something up with us we'll be more than willing to

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 22,2004 12:10am
i kind of want to do a halloween show. definitely a xmas show. let me know if anyone is booking one of those.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:10am
he kok - we still might rent a hall but I looked into it today and the space was being WEETAHDED...short version: they have a GREAT space in the basmeent they've rented out for years, still rent out, but the nursery school left a plastic castle and some somersault matts down there, and don't want them moved or stepped on...wha?!?!? so they pulled out. Bummer.

We should still try and get a show together, I'm just concerned it might be hard to get three bands on a bill if we're not putting it together, agreed? i will try, though, because I really want this to work out. We're tied to playing with DitK cause Alex is in that band too and they started on Halloween so it's their anniversary.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 12:10am
HAHAH Im down bro's.
And we will not dress up if neccesary...

WE WILL DRESS UP VOLUNTARILY!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:11am
kok do you care if I post this on: Bay State Rock and Metal Rules?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 12:12am
ya nick...im not followin you on the 3 bands thing...say again?
Im down to play...any suggestions for a venue?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 12:14am
Ya, be my guest man...I had a lead on a tenative 29th show, but no word yet.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:27am
oh well it's like this: Alex drums in BOTH The Taste Of Silver and Devil In The Kitchen, and due to the fact that Halloween is like their anniversary (and if you've ever heard them, they are basically like a halloween band, with a fog machine, lights, and songs with fiddles over sweep picking), we have to tow them along. So now instead of finding a show for just us and you guys, I am obligated to tow them along or potentially lose out on Halloween if they get on something without us (cause we'd be without Alex).

They offered to pay for a hall, which is dope so if we can find a space, we can do it. We got offered to jump on a show in CT, but to be frank I wouldn't feel right without gettting you guys on it, too. Maybe you can email the guy right now? and when he hits me back I'll be like "thanks for putting both DitK and TOS in on one slot, can I recommend HCN if you have ANY room at all?". We're already splitting a set if he lets us do it. I'll give you his email right now, and even send him one myself saying "Can Hand Choke Neck jump on? Please say yes, I will eat your nutsack if you do"

If you think a hall is feasible, let's find a hall and just do our own show! Maybe we can even do it on the 30th instead so we don't compete with the 9000 other Halloween shows? then we'd have a better draw.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 12:37am
Well, what do you think? The hall thing would be cool cuz we could get another band or two, like laz and Valhalla, but where....thats the question.
The other show sounds cool too, but I dont wanna squeeze in unwanted...what are the other bands on this show?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:38am
beats me. HBBSI is on it, and they kick ass.

we want you on :(

it's a tough call man...I fucking hate holidays for this reason.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:39am
if we get a hall it's a financial investment and a bigger time investment, but we have more creative control....I was thinking that Atkinson Community Center. Can you call them? I have LD but it costs and I'm broke, so I can only really call locally. It might be free, and if you have a cell phone I bet it is. I don't have the #, but maybe it's online.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 12:41am
Ya I will call them tomorrow and see what ballpark theyre in.
Im assuming its in Atkinson Mass?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 12:43am
i want to say...yes? I think...? Mikey from S&SF told me about it, but I never called it myself. I am pretty sure it's MA.

I am gonna repost this thread now.

what this town (well, greater Boston) needs is a good all ages space. I can't say it enough.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Sep 22,2004 1:09am
where the hell has shaniqua been?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 2:00am
I was just taking a shower and wondering that, actually. Rowan tried to call them but Mikey's phone just rang.

Maybe they all ran away to the swamps?!?!? If we rent a hall, we should put them on it...obvious choice for a halloween show!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2004 8:56am
I think you guys should book a halloween show on the 30th, and all come to the goratory / porphyria / invocation / hostage heart show at the bombshelter on the 29th

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 22,2004 10:56am
you have googly eyes!!

it's nice to see a band like THH getting some metal-ass shows.
I just heard Invocation of Nehek...they ain't half bad...I kina like them, though I wasn't blown away by originality or anything. I actually really liked the clean part in the song I heard. Are they rippin' live?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 22,2004 11:26am
yeah man, ION rocks pretty hard...come see for yourself dressed up as a giant testicle.

toggletoggle post by fudgies  at Sep 25,2004 4:23am
i tend to think about shaniqua in the shower too, hot and steamy mmmmm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][9:28:18pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01184 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]