New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> so who wants to start a band? by xmikex on Mar 19,2003 4:16pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 19,2003 4:16pm
So yeah, if theres no bands out there looking for a singer, whynot start a new band....im looking for people interested in putting together something creative and interesting, preferably grind influenced. those of you who know me know my musical tastes are pretty broad so im open to basically anything as long as it's fast and innovative.

main influences include: old as the sun sets, discordance axis, creation is crucifixion, backstabbers inc., page 99, the august prophecy, devourment, a life once lost, dehumanized, pig destroyer, everything from the swarm to shattered realm to godspeed you black emperor

i DONT want to clone Daughters
i DONT want to clone the locust
i DONT want to rip off unearth
i DONT want to be poison the well

if you're at least 18, have your own gear, transportation, and ambition to work hard please get in touch with me. Im located in the south shore of mass but i have a car and im willing to travel to different parts of mass, RI, NH, and possibly CT.

email: lettersfromthedead@hotmail.com
aim: XihatebreathingX

and if your response is some crack about letters, or "grindcore is stupid" please just save it.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Mar 19,2003 5:43pm
Mike ,start a death/grind project, well do something like dehumanized meets retaliation. Actual grind mixed with death metal.Not this homosexual daughters rip off bullshit, where some idiot picks up a guitar and writes a 30 second song in which the singer yells like a homo and the guitarist plays random notes.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 19,2003 6:19pm
"i DONT want to clone Daughters"
i love how the day after daughters released their material 100 other bands sprung up overnight copying their every move......don't tell anyone.....but i really don't care about daughters.....shhh

toggletoggle post by Dan at Mar 19,2003 6:37pm
how about conway NH?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2003 7:15pm
what about, the red chord pops up and the next day 100 bands copy them.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Mar 19,2003 8:20pm
Daughers isnt that good, and the clone bands are about 100 times worse

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 19,2003 9:02pm
Dan if you're serious about doing something im sure it could be worked out. get in touch with me. we'll talk.

toggletoggle post by XbrotherdoobyX at Apr 2,2003 2:59pm
If you're looking to do something grind-influenced, but creative, I like to do some work in that area. I'm a drummer, by the way. I was thinking about creating a musical entity with general influences (not any direct/apparent influence) that range from Death/Testament's crushing dynamics, free jazz-based syncopation and texture (similar to the likes of Atheist, Into the Moat, Mahavishnu Orchestra, etc.), speed and intensity the likes of Pig Destroyer and Converge, and a tinge of experimental multistyle-composition. Any other bands/styles I could mention to give you an idea are as follows: At The Gates, Anal Cunt, Botch, Codeseven, Candiria, Dysrhythmia, DEP, Fantômas/Mr. Bungle, His Hero Is Gone, Kyuss, Meshuggah, Mastodon, Madball, Neurosis, Nothingface, Opeth, The Red Chord, Running Wild (those kinds of antics), Squarepusher/Autechre, Today is the Day, Soilent Green; southern metal, grindcore, free jazz, flamenco, blues, speed metal, european metalcore, early american death metal, thrash, progressive.
Oh yeah, and there is a possibility of needing someone who can sing as well as growl.

toggletoggle post by Akintunder Akinlapa at Apr 10,2009 1:50pm
I be wantin to start this band withchu I got the leads

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Apr 10,2009 2:15pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]

i DONT want to clone Daughters

Who are now trying to hybridize Jesus Lizard with circus riffs.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Apr 10,2009 2:21pm
XbrotherdoobyX said[orig][quote]
from Death/Testament's crushing dynamics, free jazz-based syncopation and texture (similar to the likes of Atheist, Into the Moat, Mahavishnu Orchestra, etc.), speed and intensity the likes of Pig Destroyer and Converge, and a tinge of experimental multistyle-composition.

I WOULD LISTEN TO THIS

toggletoggle post by Akintunder Akinlapa at Apr 10,2009 2:21pm
grindcore is stupid

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Apr 10,2009 3:05pm
Enemy Soil crossed with Crowbar. Make this happen.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 10,2009 3:16pm
hhhmmm...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 10,2009 3:41pm
no.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 10,2009 3:46pm
are you sure?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 10,2009 3:48pm
i've been waiting 6 years for this band to form. hurry up and play a show!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Apr 10,2009 4:25pm
ok

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 10,2009 4:26pm
mike, I have an idea. it sounds just like the daughters, but with terrible drumming you in?

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Apr 10,2009 5:01pm
You have been pmed.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 10,2009 5:24pm
In The Shit needs a singer/vox

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 10,2009 5:25pm
i just exited 2 bands in one month and joined 2 more. wtf is wrong with me.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 10,2009 11:08pm
whiskey_weed_and_women said[orig][quote]
In The Shit needs a singer/vox

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 11,2009 12:12am
harro 2003

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Apr 12,2009 10:03am
so i just listened to daughters for the first time ever.

sounds like minus. meets at the drive in maybe. little monastat 7 ish even. not sure what the boners are all about.

i thought mikexmike wanted to make a band that sounds like all out war covering all out war.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Puritanical Christian Venom
[default homepage] [print][9:59:23am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01903 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]