New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Try your hardest to go support Kylesa in RI tomorrow, but if you really *can't* get down to RI, ROCK IN ALLSTON!!! by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Aug 18,2004 1:37pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Aug 18,2004 1:37pm

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Aug 18,2004 1:47pm edited Aug 18,2004 1:48pm
but you should really try to go down to ri.

i hate this competition crap.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Aug 18,2004 3:04pm
tell me about it...I hope this is going to be the last show when both Joe and I have shows. I'm sick of this shit.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Aug 18,2004 3:07pm
Actually Anne, I just went and booked shows on every date you had a show, but not in Boston. I booked them all in Providence.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Aug 18,2004 4:19pm
well, RI shows used to notoriously start several hours after MA shows, so people used to go to both in one night and there wasn't much of an issue.

Maybe that could start happening again.

It's great that big acts are getting brought to RI, but honestly, it's terrible that everyone has to just sit on their hands that night if something's booked there. That's not fair to bands that might be busy the rest of the month (with work, family life, etc) and can only play the one or two days that just happen to have something in RI.

My honest opinion is it would make more sense to have shows that worked in unison, like I said different times would work...or different crowds. Or offering discounts so that if one person goes to both shows, it works to their advantage.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Aug 18,2004 4:20pm
Or profit sharing (shrugs)

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Aug 18,2004 4:54pm
I agree that shows on the same night suck.

That show on the 14th had like 20 kids when it could have had 50-60, if not more, but there was so much going on that night.

It saddens me to know that we are competing with Kylesa tomorrow, in a sense, and that Anne is doing so much for for the Providence clubs and audiences right now and that it's really hard for her to do that if there's a lot happening at once. I think this is a big request of the RI community, too, though, that they have to do more for the local scene -- Anne only really does Touring band shows, so there's a lot of room to do all Local band shows.

Before when just you and Joe were talking about coordinating stuff, Anne, I didn't think it was that worthwhile an idea, but maybe these days, with the Boston scene what it is and the RI scene what it is, maybe it's time for a game plan...one where everyone wins?

Strategy might be the key...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][11:15:36am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01618 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]