New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Canceling DirecTV -- anyone? by largefreakatzero on Jul 25,2014 11:10am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 25,2014 11:10am
Finally decided after having DirecTV for many years, it is a waste of money since we barely watch network television. Between Netflix and Amazon Instant (we have Prime), it's enough time staring at the idiot box.

After reading some stuff people have posted online, it looks like a pain in the balls. Anyone been through the pain of dealing with these clowns for a cancellation of service?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 25,2014 11:26am
$15 fee to cancel?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 25,2014 12:05pm
Yeah. Gay.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 29,2014 9:49am
Attempting to cancel now. Told them we were moving out of the country and want to cancel immediately. On hold.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 29,2014 9:57am
Never done it with DirecTV but I had to "cancel" Comcast in that I was just transferring it over to my roommate while I moved out. The apartment I was moving into was going to have Comcast under my girlfriend's name. There was no explaining that to Comcast though. They called me maybe 4 or 5 times begging me to stay and wouldn't listen to anything I was saying. They talk right over you and just shout out deals and discounts they can give you (none of which are better than the introductory offers) and you have to eventually just hang up.

Big surprise, 2 months later I get a bunch of threatening voicemails from a collection agency. My roommates cancelled cable when I left, and Comcast never took my name off it. So they wanted payment for 2 months that no one actually used.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 29,2014 9:58am
Done. Just saved almost $80/month.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 29,2014 10:03am
This chick just read from a script which I think got severely abridged when I told her we were leaving the country (the internet told me to use that one). Much less painful than I expected, and supposedly I only have to send back the access card and pay the current bill -- we'll see how that goes...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 29,2014 10:07am
Enjoy Uzbekistan, comrade.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 29,2014 10:28am
Da.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][3:45:07am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.00887 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]