New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Windows 8.1? by HookedonMetal on Jun 15,2014 8:50am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jun 15,2014 8:50am edited Jun 15,2014 8:50am
Just got a new Asus laptop with Windows 8 installed and I guess you can use the Store app and upgrade for free. I've been hearing some pretty good things about Windows 8.1 and was wondering if anyone on here had any opinions on it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 15,2014 7:54pm
I hate it on my laptop, but love it on my surface.
win8/8.1 isn't suited for development for me at least.
Also, without a touch screen, the charms and tiles are horse shit.
I hope you got a touch screen.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jun 15,2014 11:04pm
Yeah I just said fuck it and decided to install it. And yes my laptop does have a touch screen. So far it's an improvement over Windows 8, IMO.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 16,2014 1:24am
you guys are doing it wrong :(

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jun 16,2014 7:02am
^ I didn't even think Netscape was still a thing. Haven't used it in like ten years.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 16,2014 8:28am
Hated it. Returned my Surface 2 after a week.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 16,2014 9:43am
that was Windows RT for one thing. But windows RT with tiles is probably the best of the tablet OSs cause you can use apps with the tiles and then switch to a real ass desktop to do real ass work. Also, the battery on the surface 2 goes for 14 hrs. Insane. What sucks about the surface 2 is that you can't install your own apps. It also stinks that there isn't much in the appstore for MS.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 16,2014 9:44am
HookedonMetal said[orig][quote]
Yeah I just said fuck it and decided to install it. And yes my laptop does have a touch screen. So far it's an improvement over Windows 8, IMO.

oh... going from 8 to 8.1 is nothing but an improvement unless you have a surface RT and want to run things you compiled yourself.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 16,2014 9:45am
I have a surface pro 2 and won a surface 2. I wish I had more time so I could see about making my surface 2 a development machine. Then I could compile my own code for it... maybe compile up a java JDK why not.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][5:59:41am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01624 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]