New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> STOP USING THE TERM "BATTLE JACKET" !!! by arilliusbm on Jan 23,2014 10:48am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 23,2014 10:48am edited Jan 23,2014 11:42am
They're called "vests," folks. Thanks!

toggletoggle post by MR. BURNS GORILLA VEST at Jan 23,2014 10:54am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I AM THE GREATEST VEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Jan 23,2014 10:55am
Pizza thrash overnighter term, as Pizza Thrash faggets evolve into bestial devastation black metal diehard tryhards (suck a baphomet's dick, Martyrvore) faggetry like this runs rampant.

toggletoggle post by Timriley at Jan 23,2014 10:58am
bitch please

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 23,2014 11:01am edited Jan 23,2014 11:04am
I wouldn't refer to it as a battle jacket myself, but on the same token, I don't understand all the butthurt over the usage of the term.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 23,2014 11:02am
What about "battle diaper"

toggletoggle post by Timriley at Jan 23,2014 11:05am
these are battle jackets. poseurs.

toggletoggle post by Krazey Katey's Funderground Love Baby at Jan 23,2014 11:06am
Alx_Casket said[orig][quote]
What about "battle diaper"

Don't steal my steez, motherfucker

toggletoggle post by RTTP Department of Husky Boys Battle Jacket at Jan 23,2014 11:13am
Well excuse me for trying to express my individuality by wearing a battle jacket just like all these other faggets. My mom had to buy it on ebay because she said etsy was too expensive, and didnt have one in a burly boy size.

toggletoggle post by Cory at Jan 23,2014 11:30am
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
Pizza thrash overnighter term, as Pizza Thrash faggets evolve into bestial devastation black metal diehard tryhards (suck a baphomet's dick, Martyrvore) faggetry like this runs rampant.

Should you really be the one to criticize? You wear flat brimmed hats, have a disgusting fat slob of a wife and dress like/look like an 8th grader

toggletoggle post by conservationist  at Jan 23,2014 11:38am
Wests, in European-talk.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 23,2014 12:13pm
smells like fresh ink in here.

toggletoggle post by Cool Story Lewis at Jan 23,2014 12:53pm
Cory said[orig][quote]

Should you really be the one to criticize? You wear flat brimmed hats, have a disgusting fat slob of a wife and dress like/look like an 8th grader

The Lion, the Witch, and the Cool Story

toggletoggle post by hlrie at Jan 23,2014 2:02pm
"Battle jacket" (ahem, patch vest or jacket if sleeved) is to metal heads as "hatchet" (cleaver) is to juggalos.

toggletoggle post by Truth at Jan 23,2014 9:26pm
Cory said[orig][quote]

He is an ultra fagget

toggletoggle post by King Thúnderstøol at Jan 23,2014 10:11pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM THE GREATEST TROLL OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Nekkro Overlord at Jan 23,2014 11:07pm
Fuck you whiteys.

darkskin.bandcamp.com

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jan 24,2014 2:43pm
The term Battle Jacket is kind of silly. But patches on a vest or jacket is a tradition of heavy metal that is as valid as a tour shirt. The only thing I'm against is lame back patches like that kid with the Opeth back patch. Opeth shouldn't even make back patches.

toggletoggle post by TimRiley at Jan 24,2014 2:45pm
if opeth never released anything after Still Life, i'd be all over an opeth back patch. however, they've grown increasingly lackluster to me. i'm not just one of those guys that hates heritage either. (i do), but i also found albums like deliverance and ghost reveries very underwhelming.

toggletoggle post by TimRiley at Jan 24,2014 2:47pm
ghost reveries: let's try to appeal to children by incorporating some "modern-rock-prog" like Tool into our stuff. watershed...decent. then comes heritage "ok- now that we've roped the kids in, let's go after the old king crimson and yes fans". ...idk just doesn't seem genuine to me anymore. the old shit was so good.

toggletoggle post by Digiornio Beast Assassination at Jan 24,2014 3:12pm
Opeth always sucked.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 24,2014 3:14pm
who is this "Opeth" you speak of?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Jan 24,2014 4:44pm
Digiornio%20Beast%20Assassination said[orig][quote]
Opeth always sucked.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 24,2014 4:55pm
The worst thing I ever saw on a vest was a St. Anger back patch on some German dude at Wacken Open Air 2010. Not even a normal patch (which would have been bad enough)... a BACK patch. To this day, I'm not able to unsee that.

toggletoggle post by RTTP DEPARTMENT OF REUNIONS at Jan 24,2014 5:11pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
The term Battle Jacket is kind of silly. But patches on a vest or jacket is a tradition of heavy metal that is as valid as a tour shirt. The only thing I'm against is lame back patches like that kid with the Opeth back patch. Opeth shouldn't even make back patches.

*ahem* Northern Elite Faggets Unite

toggletoggle post by Goatrider  at Jan 25,2014 12:22am
Kevord hit the nail on the head with this one.

Certain articles of clothing - patched denim vests, leather jackets, tour shirts, etc... are, while not mandatory, an important part of the culture surrounding Metal. Like it or not, part of being an "elitist" (so, caring about at least some level of quality control) can involve visual queues. As previously mentioned, an Opeth backpatch probably means "avoid," while someone with a simple Celtic Frost backpatch and maybe a few other suitable logos probably wouldn't trigger an eyeroll upon contact. It's a basic instinct for better or worse. I'm not saying everyone should dress a certain way to 'be metal,' but some uniformity is appropriate in this genre. Simple enough.

Obviously shit like wearing corpsepaint to shows takes this far out of hand. It's really not that hard to set a bar.

...and most of all, if there's a decent band playing, you shut the fuck up and pay attention to them instead of what people are wearing.

toggletoggle post by MotleyGrue at Jan 25,2014 1:46am
Goatrider said[orig][quote]
Kevord hit the nail on the head with this one.

Certain articles of clothing - patched denim vests, leather jackets, tour shirts, etc... are, while not mandatory, an important part of the culture surrounding Metal. Like it or not, part of being an "elitist" (so, caring about at least some level of quality control) can involve visual queues. As previously mentioned, an Opeth backpatch probably means "avoid," while someone with a simple Celtic Frost backpatch and maybe a few other suitable logos probably wouldn't trigger an eyeroll upon contact. It's a basic instinct for better or worse. I'm not saying everyone should dress a certain way to 'be metal,' but some uniformity is appropriate in this genre. Simple enough.

Obviously shit like wearing corpsepaint to shows takes this far out of hand. It's really not that hard to set a bar.

...and most of all, if there's a decent band playing, you shut the fuck up and pay attention to them instead of what people are wearing.

shutup fagget

Am I the first logged in poster to say this?

toggletoggle post by 14卐88 at Jan 25,2014 6:52pm
If someone called his denim a "battle jacket" in front of my boys we'd have his jawbone in our hands before he was done with the sentence.

toggletoggle post by Josh Martin NLI at Jan 27,2014 10:53pm
I heard jews really like jawbones

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 28,2014 12:54am
HookedonMetal said[orig][quote]
The worst thing I ever saw on a vest was a St. Anger back patch on some German dude at Wacken Open Air 2010. Not even a normal patch (which would have been bad enough)... a BACK patch. To this day, I'm not able to unsee that.

I actually know a guy who's favorite Metallica album is Saint Anger. He's not really into much metal though, he's more into a lot of the post-grunge buttrock shit and he hates guitar solos. So it makes sense.

I don't get people who have different vests for different genres though. Those people are strange, does anyone really need more than one or(at the very max) two vests? Eh.

toggletoggle post by Baphomet at Jan 28,2014 2:45am
Suck my dick BOBFAGET

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 28,2014 7:50am edited Jan 28,2014 7:59am
Spence said[orig][quote]
HookedonMetal said[orig][quote]

I actually know a guy who's favorite Metallica album is Saint Anger. He's not really into much metal though, he's more into a lot of the post-grunge buttrock shit and he hates guitar solos. So it makes sense.

I don't get people who have different vests for different genres though. Those people are strange, does anyone really need more than one or(at the very max) two vests? Eh.

I have a ton of patches from festivals and shit that I haven't done anything with yet so once those are put to use, I'll probably be one of those strange people, haha. Not sure if I'd make them genre specific though. That's a little too extreme even for me.

toggletoggle post by 14卐88 at Jan 28,2014 9:57am
Jews like battle jackets

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 28,2014 11:04am
Well i'm thinking more like the kind of person who has like a thrash vest, a death metal vest, a hardcore punk vest, etc.

It seems kind of silly.

toggletoggle post by Heathen Hooligan Task at Jan 28,2014 11:28am

THE ORIGINAL BATTLE JACKETS.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 28,2014 12:44pm
Spence said[orig][quote]
Well i'm thinking more like the kind of person who has like a thrash vest, a death metal vest, a hardcore punk vest, etc.

It seems kind of silly.

I know. That's why I said I wasn't too big on the whole "genre specific vest" idea.

I'll gladly put Onslaught, Twisted Sister and Liege Lord on the same vest. I don't give a fuck.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][2:15:51am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01648 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]