New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Help Me Figure Out the Name of a Band Please by ArrowHead NLI on May 29,2013 3:01pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at May 29,2013 3:01pm
Hey, I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a long time. He's playing in a band with his brother now. I wanted to check them out, but damned if I can actually remember the band name!

Hopefully someone here knows, since they practice in the infamous Quincy space. It's Charlie Lyons and his brother. If names aren't helpful, they both play guitar (and sing?) - they don't use picks, they shred with their fingertips. Charlie was in Breedinground back in the day, and also I think he currently is gigging with Diecast. His brother sang and played guitar in a band, I think it was called "Paranoid" or something similar.

So that's all I've got to go on - pretty sure they share a room with Marcus' band, or they're next door or something.

5 Points if you know the name
15 Points if you actually provide a link to their tunes/webpage

toggletoggle post by shutup fagget at May 29,2013 3:02pm
shutup fagget

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at May 29,2013 3:03pm
Am I to assume anyone still trolling such ancient memes after all this time is Scott Wily?

toggletoggle post by shutup fagget at May 29,2013 3:16pm
shutup fagget

toggletoggle post by delicious_peppered_salami at May 29,2013 3:23pm

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at May 29,2013 3:33pm
Also, while on the subject:

Someone recommended me a local powermetal band. Began with a V. I looked it up, and liked it a bit, but now can't remember the band name. This too, I would appreciate.

It was a chunky short-hair guitarist, a skinny long hair guitarist, bald drummer, and long haired clean singing frontman. Was more thrash with clean vocals than straight-up powermetal. At least from the live video I saw.

toggletoggle post by this fagget wont shutup at May 29,2013 3:47pm
this fagget wont shutup

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at May 29,2013 3:57pm
I appreciate you bumping it for me. Hopefully it will help get answers quicker.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 29,2013 4:10pm
truman highway

toggletoggle post by Hypothetical Band Archives at May 29,2013 4:19pm
High Horse & the Pizza Rollers

also shuttup fagget

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at May 29,2013 4:20pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
truman highway

Excellent - that's the first one! Heavier than I expected so far.

toggletoggle post by ABastard666NLI at May 29,2013 5:56pm
they also do cover songs in a band called Dirty Kings

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at May 31,2013 6:08pm
I never picked up on the Truman Highway/Paranoid connection.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at May 31,2013 6:38pm
ArrowHead%20NLI said[orig][quote]

Someone recommended me a local powermetal band. Began with a V. I looked it up, and liked it a bit, but now can't remember the band name. This too, I would appreciate.

It was a chunky short-hair guitarist, a skinny long hair guitarist, bald drummer, and long haired clean singing frontman. Was more thrash with clean vocals than straight-up powermetal. At least from the live video I saw.

Description of the dudes doesn't match up, but VOLATILE is (was?) local Power/Thrash/Speed Metal... ??

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI and Never Will at May 31,2013 10:07pm
Headbanging_Man said[orig][quote]
ArrowHead%20NLI said[orig][quote]

Description of the dudes doesn't match up, but VOLATILE is (was?) local Power/Thrash/Speed Metal... ??

Nope, not the same.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Stoney Cataclysmic Defication
[default homepage] [print][5:43:54pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01242 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]