New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pantera appreciation by Yeti on Jan 25,2013 10:43am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 10:43am
LETS TALK ABOUT THE BAND EVER

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 25,2013 10:44am
Thank you for making a music thread. (that doesn't have to do with weiner metal) Star and flag.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 25,2013 10:49am
I wish Phil got shot instead of Dimebag.

toggletoggle post by eye-gore at Jan 25,2013 11:23am
One of my all time favorites. I know that on this forum most people hate everything about these guys, but for me, CFH to FBD are the beez neez. they always had good music and a great guitar sound. That said...hate away...........

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 25,2013 11:26am
I've always disliked Phil but never minded Pantera too much. Your average Pantera fanboy pissed me off more than Phil any day.

toggletoggle post by Shutupismysignature at Jan 25,2013 11:27am
eye-gore said[orig][quote]
One of my all time favorites. I know that on this forum most people hate everything about these guys, but for me, CFH to FBD are the beez neez. they always had good music and a great guitar sound. That said...hate away...........
Walk on home fagget!

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 25,2013 11:31am
Yeah, I'm one of those annoying Glamtera fans. I will say that I appreciate and understand the importance and such of the more well known Pantera (even I can't resist headbanging), but I prefer the glam era.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 25,2013 11:31am
Hot and Heavy

toggletoggle post by Shutupismysignature at Jan 25,2013 11:34am
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]
Yeah, I'm one of those annoying Glamtera fans. I will say that I appreciate and understand the importance and such of the more well known Pantera (even I can't resist headbanging), but I prefer the glam era.
Just go home and listen to Judas Priest Faggot.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 25,2013 11:35am
Projects In The Jungle and I Am The Night are solid and fun albums. Metal Magic doesn't quite do it for me (Biggest Part Of Me is probably weakest excuse for a power ballad I've ever heard)

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 25,2013 11:36am
Shutupismysignature said[orig][quote]
Just go home and listen to Judas Priest Faggot.

No!

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jan 25,2013 11:37am edited Jan 25,2013 11:37am
When I was a kid, Pantera was the first band I encountered that had a grossly noticeable typical fan. I like them to a point & I definitely recognize Dime's slickness on guitar.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jan 25,2013 11:37am
Their half sandwich/soup combos are perfect for a rainy day. I'm a bacon-turkey bravo man myself.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 25,2013 11:38am
Panera: Vulgar Display of Flour

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 25,2013 11:46am
No Pantera joke will ever be as good as the Patera threads

toggletoggle post by GUYnli at Jan 25,2013 11:53am
???

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 25,2013 11:57am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I've always disliked Phil but never minded Pantera too much. Your average Pantera fanboy pissed me off more than Phil any day.

This mostly sums up my feelings about this band. Phil is still an epic fucking tool though -- Phil's biggest fan is definitely Phil.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 25,2013 12:01pm

Right there with you on that. I'm not knocking their more famous era, but I'd take Power Metal or Projects in the Jungle over say Far Beyond Driven. Just a matter of musical preference.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 1:10pm
they were one of the last of the arena days. no one could tear it up like they could.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jan 25,2013 1:11pm
agreed. ^

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 1:11pm
i would give anything to go back in time and see the Pantera/White Zombie show i went to at the brand new age of 15. i barely remember it, just how terrified i was of the floor.

toggletoggle post by eye-gore at Jan 25,2013 1:21pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i would give anything to go back in time and see the Pantera/White Zombie show i went to at the brand new age of 15. i barely remember it, just how terrified i was of the floor.
Was there....Worcester Centrum, right? Back when zombie was still white......and relevent lol Pretty cool stage show too, w/ the lowering gigantic puppets and tv screens playing old horror movies on the sides.

toggletoggle post by eye-gore at Jan 25,2013 1:22pm
Shutupismysignature said[orig][quote]
eye-gore said[orig][quote]
Walk on home fagget!
Can't you see
I'm easily
Bothered by
Your faggotry?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 1:23pm
August 26, 1996 with Anal Cunt and Deftones. my first show ever *sniff*

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jan 25,2013 1:30pm
i remember being scared as shit at a slayer show in 1998 at the old lupos...i was in 10th grade and as soon as AoD started i got slammed backwards into one of those huge support beams that were in the middle of the floor and was blacked-out for a few seconds...

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jan 25,2013 2:00pm
I miss being young and attending violent shows. I remember shit getting pretty real at a few Fear Factory shows during the Demanufacture era. My ex-girlfriend got hit square in the face and blood leaked like a faucet from her nose at one of their shows. This was before we got together though.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jan 25,2013 2:02pm
When I saw Meshuggah in NYC at one of their first U.S. shows, the whole place went off.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jan 25,2013 2:03pm
its funny i used to LIVE for chaos at shows and getting fucked up etc...now its like my pet peeve when people go crazy around me...i stand in the back and guard my beer like an old man / faggot these days.

toggletoggle post by eye-gore at Jan 25,2013 2:05pm
Pantera @ the strand w/ Crowbar opening = my 1st show...I was 14yrs/old yikes! Got Dime's autograph before the show on the inside of my Far Beyond Driven cd. Not many can even compare to that one on my shows attended list.

toggletoggle post by ghoulash nli at Jan 25,2013 2:09pm
I never enjoyed being punched and I don't understand folks who do.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jan 25,2013 2:25pm
my first hardcore show was Cold As Life hosting All Out War and Buried Alive (and it was the first or second Walls of Jericho show) at a place called the Magic Stick which I think is still operating. It was like stepping into a different world.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Jan 25,2013 2:59pm
One of my first metal bands, so they will always hold a special place in my metal heart. That being said, don't listen to them much, if at all these days, but when I do, I listen to Domination. CFB is a great album, no doubt about it.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Jan 25,2013 2:59pm
*CFH

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jan 25,2013 3:02pm edited Jan 25,2013 3:02pm
I have the 2010 anniversary version of CFH but the EQ on the high frequencies is so exaggerated that it's unlistenable unless you've spent decades grinding your hearing to shreds already. Feels like icepicks in your ears. Stick with the original version. The bonus live disc is kinda neat though.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 3:16pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
i remember being scared as shit at a slayer show in 1998 at the old lupos...i was in 10th grade and as soon as AoD started i got slammed backwards into one of those huge support beams that were in the middle of the floor and was blacked-out for a few seconds...

that place was the best. i saw Type O Negative there in 99, that dude that everyone used to call Undertaker took some dude out hard into one of those beams during Love You to Death.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jan 25,2013 3:59pm
Appreciated. CFH is probably my favorite album of theirs if I had to pick one, but all their albums are really good.

Got to see them in 99 opening for Black Sabbath in CT. The band's ability to play both tight and drunk remains unsurpassed to this day, and Dime's guitar playing has always been phenomenal.

Pantera is one of those bands where for whatever reason they sound way better when you're listening to them than when you're thinking about going to listen to them. Better that than the reverse.

toggletoggle post by Will Spanner at Jan 25,2013 4:14pm
The Great Southern Trendkill is the album on theres I reach for most often these days.

toggletoggle post by bfrech at Jan 25,2013 4:17pm
Totally remember the.undertaker dude.. I think I seen him at the most recent FearFactory show back when mechanized came out

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard En El Eye at Jan 25,2013 4:21pm
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]

Pantera is one of those bands where for whatever reason they sound way better when you're listening to them than when you're thinking about going to listen to them. Better that than the reverse.

this is so true...its really weird how that works.

toggletoggle post by captain obvious at Jan 25,2013 4:26pm
Obviously

toggletoggle post by Spence at Jan 25,2013 4:35pm
Cowboys from Hell is a pretty fucking solid album, no fucks.

Couldn't say I really like anything else by them i've heard though.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 5:18pm
Will%20Spanner said[orig][quote]
The Great Southern Trendkill is the album on theres I reach for most often these days.

when i was an impressionable 15 year old in 96, this album taught me how to hate.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2013 5:20pm
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]

hahahaha oh man. for many years after Dime's death i barely listened to Pantera, but over the past few years i've been listening to them a lot, and the thought that always enters my mind is "why don't i listen to them more?".

toggletoggle post by mike29 at Jan 27,2013 8:51pm
I always liked Pantera. Stopped listening after Trendkill, though. First 4 songs on FBD always blew me away, plus Slaughtered is heavy as shit. First saw them at The Channel touring CFH, opening for Wrathchild America and Annihilator. As far as Anselmo albums, though, Down's NOLA destroys anything Pantera did in my opinion. Most annoying Anselmo moment for me: Superjoint Ritual headlining NEMHF when his drunken rambling between songs was at an all time douche-chilling level.

toggletoggle post by Return to the Sarlac Pit at Feb 1,2013 5:50pm
pth

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 1,2013 6:00pm
its funny i used to LIVE for chaos at shows and getting fucked up etc...now its like my pet peeve when people go crazy around me...i stand in the back and guard my beer like an old man / faggot these days.

haha thats exactly how i am now too... nothing made me happier than being in a pit and just going nuts...now i get all angry and have to stand in the back so i can enjoy my $5 beer.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2013 7:00pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]
I miss being young and attending violent shows. I remember shit getting pretty real at a few Fear Factory shows during the Demanufacture era. My ex-girlfriend got hit square in the face and blood leaked like a faucet from her nose at one of their shows. This was before we got together though.

The good ol days.

toggletoggle post by Hoth at Feb 1,2013 7:19pm
MY Laural's are playing bass in ozzfest 2012 everyone for wily's Zircon Machines OV War.. ..

..this 2013 conspiracy of life is a lie btw.. kill yourselves right now in the name of K.I.N.G. Jesus the Antichrist..

... we were all killed anyway on Dec.21, 2012 by the Ancient Dragons.. The Insidious Overlord is so Clever when using another megadeath from earth on Dec. 22 from a death Stars zircon enterprise transport castle

toggletoggle post by Hoth at Feb 1,2013 7:39pm
Glen Benton's Balls for sale.. Anyone?

toggletoggle post by death. at Feb 1,2013 7:51pm
ONE OF THE BEST BANDS EVER. THEY NEED NO APPROVAL FROM ANY RUSTY CUNT FART KNOCKERS, AND ARE IMMORTAL.

toggletoggle post by DYA is I FEEL PRETTY at Feb 1,2013 9:00pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
I wish Dimebag and Phil got shot instead of Dimebag.

toggletoggle post by Return to the Sarlac Pit at Feb 1,2013 9:37pm
pth

toggletoggle post by truequintessence_nli at Feb 2,2013 9:14am

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Feb 2,2013 9:29am
death. said[orig][quote]
ONE OF THE BEST BANDS EVER. THEY NEED NO APPROVAL FROM ANY RUSTY CUNT FART KNOCKERS, AND ARE IMMORTAL.

Immortal you say?

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at Feb 2,2013 9:35am
Pantera is the shit man. Good angry metal. Fuck Thundersteel and his "old school" metal. What a lowlife loser.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Feb 2,2013 9:54am
In all our appreciation, we forgot to talk about the band Ever as instructed.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 2,2013 10:33am
I might as well appreciate. I went searching through old ticket stubs and this is what I found. I know some are missing

January 14th 1997 Pantera + Neurosis Wallace Civic Center Fitchburg Ma.

June 14, 1997 Ozzfest97 Pantera ,type O, FF, Sabbath, etc. Great Woods.

January 24, 1998 Pantera + Anthrax Worcester Memorial Aud. Worcester Ma.

July 29,2000 Ozzfest 2000 Pantera Great Woods Mansfield

November 16, 2000 Pantera + Soulfly? Tsongas Arena Lowell

June 20, 2001 Pantera + Slayer + Morbid Angel New Haven Coliseum New Haven Ct.

June 23, 2001 Pantera + Slayer + Morbid Angel Worcester Centrum Worcester Ma.

July 14, 2001 Pantera + Slayer + Morbid Angel Smirnoff Music Centre Dallas Texas

I also found a Dime guitar pick. I used have a bunch of them. He wants you to cal 1-900-263-3224. I doubt the number still works.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard NLI at Feb 2,2013 11:18am
I was at that 2000 ozzfest and got arrested. I had barely turned 18...zip tie handcuffs on a golf cart.

toggletoggle post by DYA is HEATH LEGERDEMAIN at Feb 2,2013 12:34pm
AndrewBastard%20NLI said[orig][quote]
I was at that 2000 ozzfest and got arrested. I had barely turned 18...zip tie handcuffs on a golf cart.

Someone photshop immediately, possibly on top of RossSki.

toggletoggle post by you pussy faggot at Feb 2,2013 1:00pm
AndrewBastard%20NLI said[orig][quote]

pussy faggot

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard NLI at Feb 2,2013 3:34pm
This ^

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 3,2013 12:16am
KEVORD said[orig][quote]

June 14, 1997 Ozzfest97 Pantera ,type O, FF, Sabbath, etc. Great Woods.

January 24, 1998 Pantera + Anthrax Worcester Memorial Aud. Worcester Ma.

July 29,2000 Ozzfest 2000 Pantera Great Woods Mansfield

November 16, 2000 Pantera + Soulfly and NothingFace Tsongas Arena Lowell

June 23, 2001 Pantera + Slayer + Morbid Angel Worcester Centrum Worcester Ma.

I was at all of these as well... Damn I've seen them a bunch of times.

toggletoggle post by Maniac at Feb 3,2013 6:03am

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Feb 3,2013 6:45am
Wow, Pantera and Neurosis was a show?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 3,2013 9:37am edited Feb 3,2013 9:42am
chrisREX said[orig][quote]
Wow, Pantera and Neurosis was a show?
Yes, they had the projectors behind them and everything. I don't think a majority of the crowd knew what was happening. They were touring for Through Silver In Blood. I saw Neurosis two other times touring for that album. At the middle east with Eyehategod and at Saint Johns Gym in Clinton on some Relapse showcase. The funny thing is that's the last time I've seen them.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 4,2013 7:38am
hahaha St. John's Gym. i saw Fear Factory and System of A Down there in like 98.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 4,2013 8:39am
Anyone go to see Pantera at the Rocky Point Palladium? It had to be like early to mid 90s. Sound was actually killer there.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 4,2013 8:45am
I saw Cypress Hill at Rocky Point...

I rode the Free Fall like 10x in a row that night too because my boys older brother was the operator and let us just stay on it and brought us up, then dropped up and then brought us right back up and dropped us again over and over...it was awesome

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 4,2013 11:09am
Haha, I was at that Cypress Hill show. Two things I learned there:

1. Rap is even more pointless live.
2. Black guys can roll a blunt in the palm of their hand.

toggletoggle post by V-190 at Feb 4,2013 4:31pm
http://youtu.be/UkAhvGgGTg8

I found this interesting, I havent really paid attention to anything pantera since watching VH1's behind the music. (the documentary made with all the footage of sam black church live @ axis spliced into it)

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 4,2013 4:41pm edited Feb 4,2013 4:42pm
Shit Andrew.... Were you near the lawn when you got a arrested? I remember a bunch of guys near me smoking a shit load of weed and some guys getting arrested taken away in a golf cart. Please tell me that was you bahahaha

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 4,2013 4:48pm
Fuck I think I may have even smoked with you. I was wearing a cannibal corpse shirt. I remember smoking with someone in a neurosis shirt at that show. I have no idea, but could have been anyone. Most people there were nu metal fagz

toggletoggle post by Will Spanner at Feb 4,2013 5:45pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
At the middle east with Eyehategod

Didn't Anal Cunt play that show as well? '96-'97ish correct?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 4,2013 6:22pm
I think A.C. Opened every Eyehategod and Pantera show.

toggletoggle post by Will Spanner at Feb 4,2013 7:13pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
I think A.C. Opened every Eyehategod and Pantera show.

I remember Seth saying something one time about opening for Pantera in I believe it was Worcester in 1996. White Zombie was also on the bill and Rob Zombie had his period and threw a huge bitch fit which caused White Zombie to go on like 15 mintues later than scheduled all because Pantera chose A.C. to open instead of Powerman 5000.

toggletoggle post by Hue H at Feb 5,2013 7:19am

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 5,2013 8:10am
Shit Andrew.... Were you near the lawn when you got a arrested? I remember a bunch of guys near me smoking a shit load of weed and some guys getting arrested taken away in a golf cart. Please tell me that was you bahahaha

this is essentially what happened, yes.

how do you remember what you were wearing? ...if I was wearing a Neurosis shirt, it was a white Pain of Mind shirt with red NEUROSIS; thats the only Neurosis shirt I've ever owned; and I did have it when I was in highschool so... MAYBE.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 5,2013 8:31am
I dunno, I remember some death metal kid talking to me about CC. I dont know what happened to my old CC shirt because I had lost it shortly thereafter. I will LOL so hard if we had met before we knew ewho eachother was. The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

toggletoggle post by get a room faggots at Feb 5,2013 8:39am
you two faggots get a room about it

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 5,2013 8:43am
I will LOL so hard if we had met before we knew ewho eachother was. The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

blood and bloody ashes, that would be something...

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 5,2013 8:43am
also, lets get a room.

toggletoggle post by get a room faggots at Feb 5,2013 8:53am
also, lets get a room.

profit!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 5,2013 8:58am
If we got a room, will there be a lot of blow?

... Jobs?

toggletoggle post by neurosis at Feb 5,2013 9:33am
wear your best Neurosis shirt

toggletoggle post by Will Spanner at Feb 20,2013 7:25pm
I'm listening right now to Reinventing The Steel. Fuck you it's awesome. Sure it sounds like they went into the studio piss drunk and recorded everything in one take in some spots, but it's part of the albums charm.

toggletoggle post by MASONIC OVERLORD at Feb 20,2013 9:09pm
WIMPS AND POSEURS LEAVE THE HALL

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][5:28:37pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.05937 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]