New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse feat Morbid Saint, Onslaught, Exumer, Oz, Omen, Eldritch, Seax & more by Spence on Nov 12,2012 7:17am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 7:17am edited Nov 12,2012 4:50pm

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Nov 12,2012 7:39am
Seax is not headlining over Onslaught right?

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 7:41am
Nope, as far as I can tell this was a fanmade flier.

Oz and Omen are the headliners for each day, pretty sure.

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Nov 12,2012 7:49am
I fucking love Omen and Onslaught. Curious to see how this turns out. If it was spaced a little further away from MDF I'd might like to go. Mostly because I've been meaning to check out Chicago.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 7:55am
I'm probably not going to Maryland Deathfest purely because it's so expensive, and because I won't feel bad for NOT going sine it's sold out the past... what? Five or six years? Definitely will sell out this one too.

This festival and Warriors of Metal i'm seriously contemplating, hoping to hop in the back of the Seax van and be a bum or perhaps get together a carpool of some sort for one or both fests.

This is Exumer's first ever show in the USA, btw.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Nov 12,2012 8:23am
Exhumer Oz and Onslaught = MIGHT

toggletoggle post by a young boy with large breasts at Nov 12,2012 8:27am
I'm going for metal veterans Seax. They should be at the top of the flyer.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Nov 12,2012 8:47am
Seax sounds like Sex

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 8:49am
I had raging seax last night.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 9:05am
You also just said Soundgarden sucks and sounds like Nickelback, when Soundgarden was before Nickelback, and also much better.

toggletoggle post by a young boy with large breasts at Nov 12,2012 9:06am
Spence said[orig][quote]
I had raging seax last night.
I hope you sucked them dry.

toggletoggle post by A jealous aril with huge butt at Nov 12,2012 9:07am
Nickelback > Soundgarden

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 9:12am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
You also just said Soundgarden sucks and sounds like Nickelback, when Soundgarden was before Nickelback, and also much better.

The NEW Soundgarden album. LEARNTOREAD

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 9:17am
I would learn if IT WASN'T TL;DR

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 9:18am
Also, lol @ the mere thought of a NEW Soundgarden

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 9:21am
Ah. Well the tl;dr version is the new Soundgarden album sucks dick, they suck dick live now(except for Matt Cameron whose as awesome and solid as ever), Chris Cornell is almost as bad a live vocalist as Dave Mustaine and they're obviously just in it for the money now.

GOSH, NOW GO PRACTICE YOUR ABC'S.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 9:24am
Also, lol @ the mere thought of a NEW Soundgarden

Yeah really.

It isn't often that a band picks the PERFECT time to stop making music. Usually a band either stops making music too early and it leaves the fans wanting more and what-could-have-been, or the band draws out and begins to release filler work - or sell out to a different genre all together.

I feel like Soundgarden HAD picked the absolute perfect time to break up. But of course, they had to get back together. What fegs.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 9:30am
Spence said[orig][quote]

GOSH, NOW GO PRACTICE YOUR ABC'S.

I would, but it's hard when I don't know what they're possessing. OHHHHH SSSNNNAAPPP.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 9:31am
Yeah, I didn't know how to properly type ABCs in all caps WITHOUT making it appear like "abcs" since s clearly doesn't come after c. Then I was like, fuck grammar.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 9:36am
LOL

thread derailed

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 10:31am
I hope Onslaught plays Boston or Worcester next year cause this is too close to MDF.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 10:33am
Onslaught did a full tour of the states/Canada back in March/April with Evildead... all the NY dates were 21+ though, so I ended up not going. I'm sure Onslaught will be back, even if the fest is an exclusive performance.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 10:36am
Spence said[orig][quote]
Onslaught did a full tour of the states/Canada back in March/April with Evildead... all the NY dates were 21+ though, so I ended up not going. I'm sure Onslaught will be back, even if the fest is an exclusive performance.
Thanks for the info I already knew Mr. Expert. I wasn't addressing you.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 10:42am
I was just saying, it's not like it's Running Wild and they'll never tour.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 10:48am
Again, I don't care about your opinion and Onslaught skipped New England on their one U.S. Tour. So yes in the past they've never toured here and yes I hope they don't skip us Mr. Expert.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 10:57am
From my expert opinion, I think you forgot to take that plug out of your ass this morning.

Most major venues in NY aren't exactly terribly far from MA.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 10:58am
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:02am
Spence said[orig][quote]
From my expert opinion, I think you forgot to take that plug out of your ass this morning.

Most major venues in NY aren't exactly terribly far from MA.
I know you're a child so you can go and do what ever you want. But some of us are adults with real jobs and mortgages and can't just run down to NY to see a show on a week night. So we need bands we were alive for to play within an hours distance. Maybe some day when your balls drop you'll realize that you were a know it all annoying little shit when you were 18.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 11:08am
Maybe you should realize how privileged you are to live in the Boston area, since most concerts happen within a five hour distance of you.

People who live in states like Wyoming or Idaho may have to drive eleven hours just to go to a good tour.

Real life obviously clashes, but bitching about shows not coming to New England when New York isn't far is kind of lame. Especially since i've met people at shows(Manowar last year and Death to All in June specifically come to mind) who have flown from Puerto Rico, Australia and South America for said shows.

Also, yes i'm a little shit. That's nothing anyone didn't already know, Mr. Mature-Adult-Whose-Got-the-World-Figured-Out.

toggletoggle post by Spence on the Fence at Nov 12,2012 11:09am
sorry Im just in a bad mood today because I forgot to put the plug back IN my ass this morning.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:15am
Actualy I didn't bitch about it you little cunt.I just said I hope they play here. Cause I'm not paying to go to Chicago cause I'm paying to go to MDF. Get off the internet, go brush your girl hair and fuck off.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 11:17am
Complaining about a tour "skipping" us when it only takes a three and a half hour busride to NYC to see them sounds like bitching to me.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:21am
I never complained. Your reading comprehension is terrible. I own a car and NY is three hours from Worcester. But having an adult life would make a local show on a weekend easier obviously. But Mr. Expert Spence says they'll be touring here like crazy. So I won't worry.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 11:26am
Wait till you guys have kids. hard going to shows then.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 11:33am
I never said "like crazy," once every three or four years isn't exactly a stellar amount of tours.

Anywho, a point i'd like to make is just because you're (presumably) like twice my age, doesn't mean we don't all have to make sacrifices. Specifically in this case, shows. There's plenty of shows/festivals that I skip out on because I have other commitments or lack of funds, that isn't something exclusive to responsible adults. Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Also, I apologize being such a cunthammer, don't know why i'm that way. Maybe I should brush my girl hair and think about it.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:34am
Well Spence said he'll babysit my kids for a pizza and a subscription to Decibel magazine. So I'm good for the next 100 times Onslaught plays NY.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 11:36am
10/10 would babysit children in exchange for pizza and NOT being forced to read Decibel magazine.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 12,2012 11:37am
Kevord is 22, Spence.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:38am
I wish I was 22.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 12,2012 11:42am
I like to imagine that you're all a bunch of 45 year olds with alcohol addictions and mothers who hate them. Makes me feel cooler in comparison.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 12,2012 11:45am
Spence said[orig][quote]
I like to imagine that you're all a bunch of 45 year olds with alcohol addictions and mothers who hate them. Makes me feel cooler in comparison.
Call me in 11 years my mother still thinks I'm ok.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard NawtLog‘dInn at Nov 12,2012 1:23pm
trioxin245 said[orig][quote]
Exhumer Oz and Onslaught = MIGHT

BUT...

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Nov 12,2012 4:58pm
Killer lineup. SUPERCHRIST or HIGH SPIRITS should really be on it as local talent.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Nov 12,2012 5:18pm
Might go. Pretty cool lineup. USA needs more of these types of fests that are not 50% deathmetal or more.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Nov 12,2012 5:56pm
Headbanging_Man said[orig][quote]
Killer lineup. SUPERCHRIST or HIGH SPIRITS should really be on it as local talent.

this

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard NLI at Nov 12,2012 8:26pm
and Twisted Tower Dire

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Nov 12,2012 8:38pm
Damn, between MDF and potentially Burning Sea, this being in May makes it unlikely I'll go. Seriously, what is wrong with US metal fests in July/August?

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Nov 12,2012 9:47pm
I think it has to do with the European summer festival season going on during that time

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Nov 12,2012 10:04pm

Agreed. High Spirits are going to Germany to play Keep it True like two weeks before Ragnarokkr. If they can do that, they can totally play at Ragnarokkr. (Plus it would be pretty rad to be sharing the stage with them and what's already a stellar lineup!)

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Nov 12,2012 10:07pm
Mark_R said[orig][quote]
I think it has to do with the European summer festival season going on during that time

I've heard a lot of people talk about how they can't afford to make it to Germany or whatever to go to festivals though. So for those people, I think it'd be pretty rad if they'd have metal festivals of that caliber here in the States during the summer.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Nov 12,2012 11:09pm
oh yeah, I'm one of those people (at least until I get my checkbook balanced). I was thinking of bands' availability to be booked during those months.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 12,2012 11:35pm

Go tell it on the mountain

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Nov 13,2012 11:54am
Spence said[orig][quote]

"Alcohol addiction" is such an ugly term. I prefer to use the term "Pro" to describe my drinking.

toggletoggle post by Uh at Nov 14,2012 8:24am
Spence said[orig][quote]
I'm probably not going to Maryland Deathfest purely because it's so expensive, and because I won't feel bad for NOT going sine it's sold out the past... what? Five or six years? Definitely will sell out this one too.

I don't remember MDF selling out the past 5 or 6 years of going there other than some random days. But I forgot Spence is the MDF expert.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Nov 14,2012 9:07am
Why would you question Spence? Obviously you didn't hear that he has older brothers and an internet connection. So just because people like us were at MDF last year and know there were tickets at the door we are no experts.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Nov 14,2012 12:32pm
I thought MDF had sold out these past few years? I never said I was an expert, but I was under the impression that everyone in existence went.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 15,2012 8:15am
Spence is dense.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 15,2012 9:58am
Wait till you guys have kids. hard going to shows then.

take the amount of shows you went to before you had a kid and didvid it by 10. That's how many shows I go to since becoming a parent.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 15,2012 9:59am
smartest post in the thread.

toggletoggle post by Darth Maul at Nov 15,2012 4:03pm
Mint!

toggletoggle post by ZerethovZircon at Nov 16,2012 11:58am
Hey Red! Wanna hav Sex!? Nevermind! Peuw!
chrisREX said[orig][quote]
Seax is not headlining over Onslaught right?

toggletoggle post by LOL WUT? at Nov 18,2012 10:12pm
^ITT: Scott Wily wants to have sex with ChrisREX.

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Nov 19,2012 10:37am
He better get his appointment in. I'm booked solid until the new year.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 19,2012 10:39am
kids a T REX in the sack

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Nov 19,2012 10:47am
...small hands yield great things

toggletoggle post by Reaper at Nov 19,2012 8:39pm
HookedonMetal said[orig][quote]
Mark_R said[orig][quote]

I've heard a lot of people talk about how they can't afford to make it to Germany or whatever to go to festivals though. So for those people, I think it'd be pretty rad if they'd have metal festivals of that caliber here in the States during the summer.

Its not so much the fans, its getting the bands. A lot of bands do a circuit around the summer fests, none of them are going to want to hop a plane to america, just to do a single fest when they have a dozen fests to play across the entire european continent, including one they can probably play the same weekend they would be playing said mythical american festival.

toggletoggle post by Reaper at Nov 19,2012 8:41pm
Can't go to Ragnarokkr because MDF and Chaos in Tejas within the same month span. US festivals are very pick and choose unfortunately because unlike Europe you have to pay for hotel room and they're much more spread out so travel costs are less convenient.

And spencer, no one gives a shit about the soundgarden reunion

toggletoggle post by gaahl halford at Nov 20,2012 10:29am
quintessence said[orig][quote]
Might go. Pretty cool lineup. USA needs more of these types of fests that are not 50% heterosexuals or more.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Nov 22,2012 9:17am
Reaper said[orig][quote]
Can't go to Ragnarokkr because MDF and Chaos in Tejas within the same month span. US festivals are very pick and choose unfortunately because unlike Europe you have to pay for hotel room and they're much more spread out so travel costs are less convenient.

And spencer, no one gives a shit about the soundgarden reunion

Yeah that's one thing that definitely kind of sucks about it. Only fest I can think of that's like Headbangers Open Air where camping comes with your fest ticket is Warriors of Metal Open Air in Ohio.

toggletoggle post by wait at Nov 22,2012 5:57pm
... seax fucking SUCKS

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Dec 8,2012 12:01pm
Updated poster. Bands have been added to the second stage at Reggie's.

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Dec 8,2012 12:02pm
They added the second stage as a "bands of the fans" reciprocal support kind of deal. Basically, if you buy a Ragnarokkr ticket and the organizer really likes your band, he supports you for supporting his festival. Kind of his way of building up the USA metal scene/festival circuit.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 8,2012 4:56pm
Hour of 13, Oz, Omen, Onslaught, Exhumer, and Morbid Saint would be a fuckin killer show. Don't know any of the other bands except October 13 and who is just OK, but good show either way.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 8,2012 6:20pm
Omen... Oh man. I want.

toggletoggle post by Thunderstool at Dec 9,2012 12:04pm
SEAX?! How did those losers get to be on this bill?

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Dec 9,2012 3:09pm
Hell's Gate = my JAM

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by ThunderStool at Jan 9,2013 12:00pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA Seax are a bunch of dick lickers!

toggletoggle post by ATTN: Ross at Jan 9,2013 12:19pm
Why do you keep spelling Exumer with an h in it?

POOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEER.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 9,2013 12:25pm
mostly because I am a possssssssssser

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jan 9,2013 12:26pm
sorry, PPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 9,2013 2:30pm
Exumer and Onslaught had to pull out. Not their call. Onslaught's label made them postpone their U.S. tour. Viking has been added as a replacement and they're working on another replacement as we speak.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Jan 10,2013 11:33am
I really want to go to this. Fuck.

toggletoggle post by Thundershit at Jan 11,2013 7:20pm
Boogalee boogalee!

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 12,2013 7:13am
Chicago traditional metal band Tyrant's Reign just got confirmed for the main stage!

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 12,2013 7:14am
Meant to post this in my previous post. This is Tyrant's Reign.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by HookedonMetal at Jan 23,2013 12:31am
robotpie said[orig][quote]
I really want to go to this. Fuck.

Seax is riding out in our new tour bus. Anyone who's able to join our expedition to the Midwest will be more than welcome to ride with us \m/

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][6:54:22am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02941 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]