New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> [LEAKED] Wintersun - "Time" by arilliusbm on Oct 15,2012 2:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 2:22pm edited Oct 15,2012 2:22pm

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI at Oct 15,2012 2:23pm

Fail... Burnsy only uses text mode.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 2:25pm
Me too. In that case

8====D({o})

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 15,2012 2:37pm
goddammit. so lucky iIdidn't get caught there. diiiick

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 15,2012 2:40pm

^aril on the left, jealous of tweedly weedly'ers

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 2:43pm
I don't get jealous over cheesy shreddy Finnish metal. I get jealous of people like Phillip Glass and Trent Reznor.

toggletoggle post by LucidCurse at Oct 15,2012 2:51pm
Lots of hype.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Oct 15,2012 2:53pm
Lol. The track listing was posted on MySpace in 2004. What a pretentious twat.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 2:54pm
Weinersun

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Oct 15,2012 3:06pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I don't get jealous over cheesy shreddy Finnish metal. I get jealous of people like Andrew Eldritch and Dejan Knez.

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI at Oct 15,2012 3:07pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]

Don't think so - just think he bit off more than he can handle, and is too stubborn to admit it. Kinda like the time Godless Rob committed to record the Dysentery album...

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 3:09pm
Arrow%20NLI said[orig][quote]
Burnsy said[orig][quote]

Don't think so - just think he bit off more than he can handle, and is too stubborn to admit it. Kinda like the time Godless Rob committed to record the Dysentery album...

Plz leave my boy Rob outta this.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 15,2012 3:13pm
Wintersun are going to be streaming the new album, in good quality, all day Wednesday.

So, yeah.

Based off what i've heard(which is only the second track) I think it's already way better than their debut album.

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI at Oct 15,2012 3:18pm

Yes, I will refrain from incredibly acurate and relevant anecdotal comparisons (from my own experience) to spare the feelings of a guy who knows the guy who no longer posts here.

Actually, pretty gay of you to ask, Aril.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2012 3:23pm edited Oct 15,2012 3:24pm
Yes, the ARROWHEAD Nli I know and love is back.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 15,2012 3:23pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 9:30am edited Oct 23,2012 9:30am
Bump.

I want to make a graph with "age of listener" and "interest in wintersun." it is clear that any 18,
-24 year old is obsessed with this band.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 9:52am
Makeshift one on cell phone whilst taking a dump at work:

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Oct 23,2012 10:10am
You're talking about it more than anyone I know.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 10:11am
Promotion ist krieg.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 23,2012 10:22am
I've listened through the new release about 5 times so far, I like it. If you haven't listened to it, your opinion is invalid.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 10:29am
Alx_Casket said[orig][quote]
I've listened through the new release about 5 times so far, I like it. If you haven't listened to it, your opinion is invalid.

It only justifies my opinion.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 23,2012 10:32am
Not listening to it justifies your opinion? Scumbag aril returns!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 23,2012 10:34am
BOUGHS & PUMPKINS

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 23,2012 10:58am
Aril, please let me know what you think of the actual music when you finally get around to listening to it, I couldn't find any musical critique in this thread of yours.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Oct 23,2012 10:59am
Lol I stopped giving a shit about this band a long time ago but I want to start caring again just to spite aril.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 11:03am
Talented musician, overproduced layered cheese with Jari's ego seeping through each riff. Way too polished, not metal. I have a few friends and a gf who like this band, so I may be at the show in Dec. to my dismay.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 23,2012 11:06am
I agree that it sounded ultra polished. More like soundtrack music than metal, but I did enjoy some of the timings that he used during the heavy parts and oriental scales. See you at the show, lol

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 11:08am
I mean there is NO QUESTION he is talented as fuck. I just get nothing out of his music, and the fans tend to be of that generation that I don't like too much. finland has much better to offer than cheese and ego-stroking blokes.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 23,2012 11:09am
Arrow%20NLI said[orig][quote]
Burnsy said[orig][quote]

hahahah too hilarious. Rob still owes Nick Mincolla too much money from the Peavey head he stole, and then dropped off the face of the earth. No reason to leave him out.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 11:15am
Heh, there's two sides to every story. not my business to discuss, though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 23,2012 12:08pm
I lol'd then I fapped.

toggletoggle post by Arrow NLI at Oct 23,2012 1:07pm
Heh, there's two sides to every story.

He can tell his. Why you keep interjecting on his behalf is a little weird, though.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 1:15pm
Why? Because I don't like Nick. He had an attitude whenever he would talk to me. Whatever, one-fingered riffs are cool.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 23,2012 1:25pm edited Oct 23,2012 1:27pm
RAMUSES & PERICARPS

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 23,2012 1:43pm
Why? Because I don't like Nick. He had an attitude whenever he would talk to me. Whatever, one-fingered riffs are cool.

attitude & one finger aside, grillo still owes him 500 bucks. which is a goddamn steal for a triple x head.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 23,2012 1:49pm
It may not matter because i'm like 12, and therefore also obviously listen to deathcore and Blackguard or something, but I think the new Wintersun album is considerably better than their 2004 album.

My only problem with the new album is that maybe 90% of the riffs feel like intro riffs, if you know what I mean. But I mean, that aside, I think the new album is just gold. I've only listened to it twice though, so maybe my opinion will change the more I listen to it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 1:56pm
like I said, not really my biz to get involved anymore. shit happened a while ago anyways.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Oct 23,2012 2:06pm
only intros are real

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 23,2012 2:23pm
this seems like a legit link

http://rapidgator.net/file/51929635

really psyched to give this a spin, i'm almost certain it won't affect my sexuality or the fact i'm too old to give a shit somebody knows i own a children of bodom album.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 23,2012 2:26pm
Only s/t and hatebreeder> wintersun

toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 23,2012 2:38pm
Lol @ saying ANY children of boredom is better than Wintersun.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 23,2012 3:16pm
ENT ARMS & LEPRECHAUN BALLS

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 23,2012 5:02pm
CHEESE AND MERLOT METAL

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at Oct 23,2012 5:24pm
ive got to listen to it a few more times but after one spin I like it quite a bit.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Oct 23,2012 7:01pm
These guys suck ALMOST as much as Forgotten Tomb.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Oct 24,2012 12:20pm

a bit of an overkill on merch, no?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 24,2012 12:23pm
I listened to this again last night. Way too much going on. Keyboards are cheesy. Id rather listen to Bal Sagoth for that.
He uses cool oriental scales and progressions but that stuff doesn't impress me any more. His ego is as big as his nose.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Oct 24,2012 12:25pm
I used to dig Wintersluhhh but I haven't actually listened or cared for that matter in a few years.

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 24,2012 12:27pm
overall i like it so far but there is way too much going on. the keyboards are really cheesy. it's one of the better power metal albums i've heard in a while, even though the oriental stuff sounds out of place sometimes

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Oct 24,2012 12:29pm
Cheesy? whatre you talking about? Wintersluhhh is the heaviest, darkest band of our generation bro

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 24,2012 12:32pm
Like for real. NO REAL EMOTION IN THE MUSIC.

toggletoggle post by Arist nli at Oct 24,2012 1:53pm
Land of snow and sorrow is just as "emotional" as death and the healing, or any slow mid-tempo Ensiferum ballad they ever released. Unless of course someone just dislikes jari's style and thinks its stale, I can see that point of view.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Oct 24,2012 1:57pm
Death and the healing is good track, I know that much.

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 24,2012 2:00pm
i think jari's one of the most emotive metal musicians if you can measure that. he's one of those few that write lyrics about "feelings". his stuff isn't lacking in emotion, but my ear is definitely more out of tune to this style than it used to be.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 24,2012 2:02pm
The only Ensiferum album I like is the first one, and even then it's still cheesy. I guess I just can't get into this style at all. The music does absolutely nothing for me, other than me appreciating the musicianship.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 24,2012 2:07pm
"Iron" rules. Last gasp, and all.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 24,2012 2:09pm edited Oct 24,2012 2:32pm
Meh, I dont care about lyrics with this style. I don't find much "emotion" in music that puts math, modes and scales over heart and soul. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.
If you can relate it to classical music, same thing applies. Some of the most technically inclined composers could write a complex movement, yet others chose simplicity to convey emotions. That the beauty of music - it's all in the eye of the beholder.
This style to me is nothing more than a excellent musician trying too hard to be the best ever, but creating nothing more than the tip of the iceberg with what music should represent.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Oct 24,2012 2:10pm
haha no one actually uses math to write riffs, thats urban folklore

toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 24,2012 2:30pm
even then it's still cheesy.

Go play with your cat. Maybe that'll warm up your heart to appreciate cheese.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 24,2012 2:31pm

ark said[orig][quote]
but my ear is definitely more out of tune to this style than it used to be.

See below:

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 24,2012 2:32pm
lol

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 24,2012 2:33pm
Randy_Marsh said[orig][quote]
haha no one actually uses math to make graphs, thats urban folklore

toggletoggle post by ark at Oct 24,2012 2:39pm
i hear some of his stuff as shred, but a lot of the solos and riffs are powerful. the main riff in "death and the healing". i think he's a great composer when he's in form. i've always been drawn to wintersun for more than the drums and speed.

toggletoggle post by Spence at Oct 24,2012 2:42pm
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
Randy_Marsh said[orig][quote]
haha no one actually uses math to make graphs, thats urban folklore

Hahahaha my sides hurt.

toggletoggle post by corpus_lurk_ at Oct 27,2012 12:47pm
I don't ever recall actually "physically" meeting you aril.

Using a local 'metal' forum as a litmus for someone's personality seems convenient for small minded folk.
At least your are consistent.
Attitude, posturing, trolls?
...Surely, you have participated in the fun alas, I never felt the need to 'judge' you or for that matter continue to harbor any emotion at all for you because we had no direct dealings with one another.

That said, I do think its odd that your still 'invested,' with regard to Rob and I guess obliquely, me.....and my one fingered riffs. Lol.

Rob does still owe me the money or the head. I have reached out to him. I finally know where he is located. I hope he mans up and just gives the head back. No stress.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 27,2012 2:44pm
Word. I just didnt want to get involved in it then, and don't want to now. I just remember getting dragged into it, so I apologize if I came off like a dink. Anyways, carry on. Hope you are doing well. Rob has been nothing but nice to me so I've never had any issies with him.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 27,2012 6:37pm

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Nov 14,2012 2:21pm
Finally listening to this. Damn shame for such a talented musician to spew this fucking bile of an album. After what, 8 years? Fuck off nowadays Wintersun.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 14,2012 2:25pm
Burnsy said[orig][quote]
Finally listening to this. Damn shame for such a talented musician to spew this fucking bile of an album. After what, 8 years? Fuck off nowadays Wintersun.

See below:

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Nov 14,2012 2:32pm
Not opening that. Good try, chap.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 14,2012 2:39pm
Lol its a damn graph.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Nov 14,2012 2:49pm
All I saw was dicks.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Nov 14,2012 2:55pm
Graph plotted on a dick, no doubt. Your brand of tomfoolery won't sway this guy.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Nov 14,2012 4:25pm
Just picked up a bunch of discarded Wintersun posters in Helsinki, gonna give aril's car a new wallpaper.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 14,2012 4:27pm
Key word:

Discarded.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Nov 14,2012 4:44pm
Yeah, it was in the free posters/flyers bin similar to what they have at Newbury comics. Got a bunch of weedly deedly metal posters to plaster your roof with

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Nov 14,2012 11:38pm
I liked the intro and the beginning of the super long track. But after the first couple of minutes of that, it kind of settles into a so-so groove for the rest of the album. But I thought the same thing about the first record (all downhill after first track), so what do I know?

toggletoggle post by ark at Nov 15,2012 10:50am
the album has some great melodies but loses steam more than once. it's alright. he could have done without the 160 extra instrumental tracks. it reaches cacophonous levels at points.

(new nu-old-school DM band name: cacophonous)

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 15,2012 10:53am
ironically, cacophony = way better than wintersun

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 15,2012 10:54am
better guitar players in that band, too.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Nov 15,2012 11:17am
better guitar players in that band, too.

YUP!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][7:14:45pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03359 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]