New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Get your band's stuff passed out in Germany 5: The Final Chapter by HeavensJail on Jun 5,2012 10:44am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jun 5,2012 10:44am
It's that time of year again, with a twist; this is likely to be the last time I go and do this, so whether you've previously taken advantage of these in the past or not, this is likely the last chance. The concept is simple; you give me stuff you give away for free here, I go overseas, I give your stuff away at Party.San and (new this year!) Summer Breeze to people who wouldn't come into contact with it otherwise. I'm going to have about as much pack space as last year, when I took over about 80 CDs and the better part of a hundred stickers, promo cards, and other small pieces, passing out just about goddamn everything, even the buttons. The following are the basic rules:

- Don't send anything that breaks. This is traveling by air in a frame pack, so I can't guarantee integrity for anything frangible that isn't in a case. You'll be out a stack of 7"s that people here would actually listen to, and I'll be on the ground in Berlin with a pack full of broken vinyl. CDs work better if you want to send music.
- Unless you have nothing else, no buttons. They're hard to move and don't have your contact information on them. I'm sick of taking buttons over, not being able to pass them out, and feeling bad about coming home with half of them left.
- The literal dregs of your merch bucket are OK. As long as it's got contact info on it, or room for me to write such on the back while I'm sitting around in Logan, it's useful, and your new audience in Europe doesn't know or care that it's last year's/last tour's junk, or that you've retired that logo.
- Any CDs in full-height cases will get repacked into half-height cases for space reasons. This has never been an issue yet, as all of the bands I've lugged stuff for have sent only burns/demos in sleeves or half-height cases, but just in case. If there's a tray inlay with the CD for some reason, it'll be packed along.

This rule is new this year, and potentially important: if I haven't seen/heard your band, check the Party.San lineup and see how you fit into that before going HAY CAN U TAKE STUFFS? Nearly every band that is likely to see this should pass this filter no problems, but I have to put it in, since I'm going to Party.San first, and on last year's experience will probably end up with everything cleared out before I leave. The more mainstream stuff that I could push aggressively at Wacken in previous years will be harder to move, and I'm not 100% on how the culture at Summer Breeze is going to be in regards to distro. Party.San is pretty much the world's biggest basement show, so if you play DIY gigs in this area, I will be able to find people there who dig your stuff without a whole lot of effort.

If you go to shows in eastern New England, you should be able to find the large bearded guy in the excessively overbuilt patchjacket (Hypocrisy with seven bands of shoulder studs and full sleeves, or alternately Revocation (sleeveless) depending on weather and other circumstances) before the last weekend in July. This is the tentative schedule of shows at which you'll be able to give me stuff:

Jun 5 (Tue) - HORNA, KOMMANDANT, BOG OF THE INFIDEL, NACHZEHRER, SARCOMANCY - Great Scott's (Allston, MA)
Jun 7 (Thu) - METAL THURSDAY CLXVI: ABNORMALITY, NAEGLERIA, SOUL REMNANTS, SOUL ANNIHILATION - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)
Jun 10 (Sun) - SIX FEET UNDER / "Worcester Deathfest" - the Palladium (Worcester, MA)
Jun 11 (Mon) - Spitting Black, Composted, Deathamphetamine, Dick Move - Midway Cafe (Jamaica Plain, MA)
Jun 14 (Thu) - Born of Fire: Scaphism, Blood Of The Gods, I Am The Trireme (PA) - O'Briens Pub (Allston, MA)
Jun 21 (Thu) - Metal Thursday CLXVII: Machinage [BRAZIL], Sonic Pulse, Endless Decay, Red Blade - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)
Jun 26 (Tue) - IRON MAIDEN, Alice Cooper - Tweeter Center (Mansfield, MA)
Jun 30 (Sat) - BLACK PYRAMID, KYOTY, HESSIAN AND WARM - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)
Jul 25 (Wed) - FEAR FACTORY, VOIVOD, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Revocation, Havok - the Palladium (Worcester, MA)
Jul 26 (Thu) - Metal Thursday: Mausoleum [PA], Engorge [NJ], Blessed Offal +TBA - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)

Other opportunities will likely come in as more shows are announced, and an updated version of this list will get posted here in July as I get closer to flying out.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 5,2012 10:50am
you're a good man sir! (no seriously this is awesome!)

People should definitely take him up on this!

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 5,2012 11:59am
Got some stuff for you tonight!

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jul 10,2012 3:49pm
Just a reminder that this is still active; I've gotten some stuff but still do have space available. This is what the remaining-shows calendar looks like:

Jul 12 (Thu) - Fresh Kill, Deathamphetamine, Jack Burton vs. David Lo Pan - O'Briens Pub (Allston, MA)
Jul 19 (Thu) - Metal Thursday CLXXI: Dark Passenger (Cd Release), Faces Of Bayon, Obsidian Tongue, Barren Oak - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)
Jul 25 (Wed) - Agalloch - Middle East (Cambridge, MA)
Jul 26 (Thu) - Metal Thursday: Mausoleum [PA], Engorge [NJ], Blessed Offal - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)

If you're not going to be able to make it out to any of these, hit me up by email or site message sometime before August 3rd. I will bump this again as that date gets closer.

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jul 18,2012 5:30pm
up again; a little more than two weeks left till I head out. Again, if you're not going to be able to make it out to any of these, hit me up by email or site message sometime before August 3rd.

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jul 23,2012 10:36am
Hey folks, down to the last two weeks before I fly out. Unless more stuff gets announced for next week, these are probably the last shows I will be at before going across.

Jul 25 (Wed) - Agalloch - Middle East (Cambridge, MA)
Jul 26 (Thu) - Metal Thursday: Mausoleum [PA], Engorge [NJ], Blessed Offal, Untombed - Ralph's Diner (Worcester, MA)
Jul 28 (Sat) - OBSIDIAN TONGUE, NELDORETH (PA), VULKODLAK (AL), GRUE - O'Brien's, Allston
Jul 31 (Tue) - MARES OF THRACE, PILGRIM, PRIMITIVE WEAPONS - O'Brien's, Allston

I've gotten a pretty good response so far, but there is still definitely space available. If you're not going to be out at any of these, please hit me up by email or site message and I'll set up a time to pick up your stuff.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jul 23,2012 11:21am
Might give you some DGM tapes on thursday.

toggletoggle post by robotpie  at Jul 28,2012 11:21am
Hey, I think i'll have some Kleptocracy tapes for you to distribute, if you have the space? I'll be at O'brians tonight.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jul 28,2012 12:59pm
this guy doesn't miss many shows.

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jul 28,2012 2:59pm
I've got my main gear loaded and will have the space to take tapes if you've got 'em. As I've been telling people occasionally, the routing this time means I don't have to pack a crashbag, so my carry-on is basically completely open.

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Jul 31,2012 1:25pm
Apologies for bumping this again and intruding on the regularly scheduled DORAMAZ, but tonight as noted a couple posts up is going to be the last chance for anyone who has not given me stuff yet to get in on this offer. Between work and trip prep I'm going to be wall to wall for the rest of the week.

For anyone who wanted to get stuff shipped out, and didn't get the chance, I sincerely apologize. For those who did, I'll post a distro update after Party.San, provided that they have internets in Erfurt.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][9:36:00am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.03773 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]