New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> What's your #1 favorite metal song of all time? by Hoser on Jun 2,2012 7:56am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 2,2012 7:56am
This one here is mine....

bennyhillifier

I remember seeing these guys for the first time when I was in high school...they blew my mind. Have been a fan ever since. They opened for the "No More Tours" Tour that Ozzy put on back in the day. Was a killer show.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 2,2012 11:09am

toggletoggle post by Thundersteel  at Jun 2,2012 11:17am

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 2,2012 11:36am

bennyhillifier

and with pit action:

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by milk at Jun 2,2012 12:28pm
Burn it to the ground - Nickleback

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 2,2012 12:56pm
I call shenanigans on that one...

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 2,2012 12:57pm

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 2,2012 1:10pm
Pires has the right idea

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 2,2012 1:15pm
What's that one where the dude's all like, "Annie are you Oakley, are you Oakley, are you Oakley Annie"? Yeah, that one.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 2,2012 1:19pm
Charles Oakley?

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 2,2012 1:22pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Pires has the same taste as notshaver

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 2,2012 1:47pm
Coincidentally, Dead Embryonic Cells is one of my favorites as well. So many riffs in that song I had to learn how to play it. Arise is in my top 5 metal albums. Idk if it's my favorite...but it's up there.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 2,2012 2:01pm
I'm gonna go with My Last Words by Megadeth. Maybe A Wisdoms Breed by Darkane.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 2,2012 2:36pm
Dead Embryonic Cells is brutal....old Sepultura is what made me a metal fan, hands down. Shit used to pump me up on my way to school....I'll be 37 in August....gettin old.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 2,2012 3:59pm
I'll be 33 in July. I heard Chaos AD first but preferred Arise and Beneath the Remains. I'd say Desperate Cry was originally the first I heard on that album that drew me in.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 2,2012 5:58pm

bennyhillifier

Hard to make one pick. But Seasons in the Abyss the song and the video always reminds me of watching Headbangers Ball on Saturday nights and listening to cassettes on my walkman. So I'll pick that.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 2,2012 6:18pm
Gun to my head, this is my #1:

bennyhillifier

...but this is a very close 2nd

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 2,2012 8:11pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Gun to my head, this is my #1:

bennyhillifier

...but this is a very close 2nd

bennyhillifier

Dude....both of these songs kill....both in my top 10.

toggletoggle post by mike29 at Jun 3,2012 6:26pm

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 3,2012 7:37pm
war ensemble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>seasons in the abyss

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 3,2012 7:43pm
War ensemble didn't have a sweet video. It was an all around package.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 4,2012 11:46am
also I retract my answer and change it to this

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Josh Cunt nli at Jun 4,2012 1:36pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Dead Embryonic Cells is brutal....old Sepultura is what made me a metal fan, hands down. Shit used to pump me up on my way to school....I'll be 37 in August....gettin old.

Youre only 2 years younger than me and you didnt get into metal til Sepultura??? That explains a lot. No wonder you like 311.
WTF were listening to in the 80s? Michael Jackson and Duran Duran??

toggletoggle post by Kadoogan already did it at Jun 4,2012 1:39pm
SUPERNAUT

toggletoggle post by my_dying_bride at Jun 4,2012 8:03pm

toggletoggle post by nekroxinbastard245 you morbid nli at Jun 4,2012 8:06pm
Korn - got the life.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 4,2012 8:20pm
anything by HELL YEAH!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 5,2012 9:52am
Josh%20Cunt%20nli said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]

Youre only 2 years younger than me and you didnt get into metal til Sepultura??? That explains a lot. No wonder you like 311.
WTF were listening to in the 80s? Michael Jackson and Duran Duran??

No, as I obviously didn't go to an Ozzy show to see Sepultura. I went to see Ozzy and "discovered" Sepultura for the first time. Before Ozzy, I was a Black Sabbath fan, but back then "Heavy Metal" wasn't really even a term that was used. I was a big Zack Wilde fan back then, so I just wanted to see Zack tear it up. But, man....did I ever fall in love with Sepultura.

Now....come and make love to me, Josh. You need my strong embrace.

toggletoggle post by Kadoogan already did it at Jun 5,2012 1:56pm
STORM OF STRESS

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at Jun 5,2012 2:11pm

toggletoggle post by LAVENDER MOCKINGBIRD RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE at Jun 5,2012 4:44pm
LOS LOBOS-(How) Will The Wolf Survive
Proto Black Metal Para Azatlan

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 5,2012 5:55pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
... back then "Heavy Metal" wasn't really even a term that was used. I was a big Zack Wilde fan back then, so I just wanted to see Zack tear it up

Hahahaha... WUT?!?

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 5,2012 5:56pm
Where exactly would you put the origin of the term "Heavy Metal", in comparison to Zakk Wylde's tenure in the Ozzy Osbourne band?

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 5,2012 5:57pm
back in the zakk wilde days, before anyone had ever used the term 'heavy metal.' way back, in the long long ago.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 5,2012 6:18pm
trioxin_245 said[orig][quote]
back in the zakk wilde days, before anyone had ever used the term 'heavy metal.' way back, in the long long ago.
After the New Wave of British Hard Rock.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 5,2012 7:22pm
haha

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 5,2012 9:22pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Before Ozzy, I was a Black Sabbath fan, but back then "Heavy Metal" wasn't really even a term that was used.

If you dicks read it right, it makes perfect sense.

He's right; before Ozzy left, Sabbath and Zep and Purple etc were only called 'Heavy Metal' by their critics, and it wasn't exactly a compliment. Use of the term has increased as the decades have passed, and it's cultural significance and meaning have changed as well.

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 5,2012 10:02pm
'Stone Dead Forever' by Motorhead

toggletoggle post by Big bag of assorted nigger parts at Jun 5,2012 11:29pm
If I knew how to embed vids, I'd likely put up "Strike Of The Beast" from Exodus.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 6,2012 10:13am
I remember hearing the term "Heavy Metal" used regulary during the Tipper Gore campaign, when the fight against censorship began. When Dee Snider's anti-censorship campaign began.

So please don't come in here standing tall and questioning my roots. Most of you fuckbags weren't even a cumstain in your Daddy's trousers back then.

toggletoggle post by Kadoogan already did it at Jun 6,2012 1:32pm
If i was ever a fuckstain, I wouldn't be here right now to correct you.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 6,2012 9:00pm
thirdknuckle said[orig][quote]

Ahh, but to read it in the way you mean (i.e. "Before Ozzy went solo, I was into Black Sabbath"), you have to assume that Hoser, born in August of 1975, was a Sabbath fan at the age of 3 and a half. That's an assumption I'm not willing to accept. Based on the context and Josh Martin's question ("What were you listening to during the 80's?"), I think it's fair to say that he meant "Before I was a fan of Ozzy, I was a fan of Sabbath".

Point is: Hoser has said some doofy shit, and this is amongst them. Nothing to do with roots or trueness, just some hick talking out of his ass... AGAIN!

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 6,2012 9:03pm
That said, I was too young to be aware of Ozzy/AIC/Sepultura tour at the time, and I'm sure it would have blown my mind too. However, that was, what 1991, 1992? Clearly the term "Heavy Metal" as a recognized and embraced genre-label was about a decade in use at that point.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 6,2012 9:51pm
Anyway, I used to be able to narrow it down to one, but no longer. Top contenders:

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jun 7,2012 8:39am
Headbanging_Man said[orig][quote]
thirdknuckle said[orig][quote]

Ahh, but to read it in the way you mean (i.e. "Before Ozzy went solo, I was into Black Sabbath"), you have to assume that Hoser, born in August of 1975, was a Sabbath fan at the age of 3 and a half. That's an assumption I'm not willing to accept. Based on the context and Josh Martin's question ("What were you listening to during the 80's?"), I think it's fair to say that he meant "Before I was a fan of Ozzy, I was a fan of Sabbath".

Point is: Hoser has said some doofy shit, and this is amongst them. Nothing to do with roots or trueness, just some hick talking out of his ass... AGAIN!

Listen fuckface, you are reading way far into things. I dunno if it's just to prove how L33T you are or what, your motive is dumbfounding, and quite frankly, I really don't give a fuck. BUT, I didn't come here to discuss the history of the term, "Heavy Metal", I just wanted to start a thread about favorite metal song of all time type of stuff. With that being said, gimme a break....did you come here to be an antagonistic dickhole or did you come here to read about the tunes? Lighten up, dinkus.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Eviscerated Sadistic Solution
[default homepage] [print][3:37:10am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.02060 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]