New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> If you pay $322 for an Agalloch boxset your an idiot with shitty taste in music by KEVORD on May 8,2012 5:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 8,2012 5:57pm

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/05/08/agall...ing-for-for-322-on-ebay/#more-91612

If anything is certain in this world, it’s death, taxes and the price of Agalloch box sets. Seriously, if you’re one of those people who’s preparing for the apocalypse like the folks on Nat Geo’s Doomsday Preppers then you might want to add to some Agalloch box sets to your cache of canned goods, guns and gold; they’ll only ever go up in value!

The latest box set, The Demonstration Archive 1996-1998, was announced in typical Agalloch fashion with no build-up or hype whatsoever: just “Hey, it’s out now, so order it.” This set consists of three of Agalloch’s oldest and rarest recordings and was released on a single CD back in 2008 but is now available on vinyl (x3) for the first time ever, is limited to just 500 copies, and also naturally includes all sorts of extra-dookie artwork and packaging (pictured above).

Order the set here for €60 (~$78), which is not a bad deal at all considering what’s included. Shipping is free within Germany (where the label releasing the set, Eisenton, is based), and costs €15.50 (slow, ~$20.16) / €24.50 (fast, ~$31.86) for the rest of the world. But that’s not stopping folks from ordering theirs and immediately posting them on eBay for $300 and even $322, with more surely to come as soon as word gets out. The Agalloch black market lives on.

-VN

toggletoggle post by Chernobyl at May 8,2012 6:01pm
Spending money on gear and drugs > records

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at May 8,2012 6:05pm
Agalloch sucks, least appealing music ever.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 8,2012 6:08pm
Decibel made Marrow of the Spirit album of the year two years ago. Most boring shit ever.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at May 8,2012 6:09pm
I'll pay $400 if the Spanish moss and stick come with.

toggletoggle post by arillius_the_white at May 8,2012 6:12pm
Your arrested.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 8,2012 6:15pm
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]

Hoser likes them and I ignore anything he says on this forum as a matter of principle.

toggletoggle post by Chernobyl at May 8,2012 6:16pm
Theres nothing wrong with agalli, boys settle down

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 8,2012 6:28pm
good band, lame money grab release, probably to pay for those weird extra letters in "Demo".

toggletoggle post by andrewbastard nli at May 8,2012 6:29pm
Marrow of the spirit is weak..I agree. But I looovvvee pale folk lore and the mantle...that being said: fuck that box set.

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at May 8,2012 6:37pm
I'm releasing a box set that doesn't contain any physical music; just some twigs, a vole skeleton, two handfuls of moss and lichens and a half-eaten bag of cooler ranch doritos.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 8,2012 7:32pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]

Hoser likes them and I ignore anything he says on this forum as a matter of principle.

Not only do I like them, but I'm very good friends with Jason. I know how hard they worked on these albums. Support!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 8,2012 7:35pm
Jason also asked me for a recording of a piece that I did for his solo album. These guys are awesome. Don and Jon are a bit stuck up, but Jason is a class act. I wouldn't pay $300 for any music, considering that in 20 years, almost all music, especially metal, will be obsolete.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 8,2012 7:37pm
BTW....listening to WOY, Woods V right now.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 8,2012 8:07pm
How about the idiots paying 700 bucks for Jane Doe paintings from Jacob Bannon.

Where the fuck are these people getting their money shit sold out, day of...!!!!

toggletoggle post by trioxin245 nli at May 8,2012 8:13pm
pfft I ony paid like 120 for the fuckin throbbing gristle box set and even that was way too much.

toggletoggle post by Eli_HHCB at May 8,2012 8:36pm
Bannon did that art? I thought it was hess.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 8,2012 8:41pm
Eli_HHCB said[orig][quote]
Bannon did that art? I thought it was hess.

The paintings were being sold at jacobbannon.com, so I assumed such.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at May 8,2012 8:43pm
Jane Doe was Bannon.

toggletoggle post by The Rev Chord at May 8,2012 9:49pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
in 20 years, almost all music, especially metal, will be obsolete.

Lol Wut? Did Jason tell you he heard that from Hunter Hendrix at coachella?

toggletoggle post by truequintessence_nli at May 9,2012 2:37am
andrewbastard%20nli said[orig][quote]
Marrow of the spirit is weak..I agree. But I looovvvee pale folk lore and the mantle...that being said: fuck that box set.[/QUOTE

Once again andrew shares my opinion. No further comment necessary. Box sets for for nerds. Agalloch is for nerds... Im kind of a nerd, dont like the new shit though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 9,2012 6:35am
The mantle is one of my fav albums of all time.

toggletoggle post by arillius_the_white at May 9,2012 7:07am
Agreed with Andrew/Frank but I think Marrow holds more value than Asses Against the Grain.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at May 9,2012 9:01am
Great band, I've enjoyed everything they've put out.

toggletoggle post by farten_dust at May 9,2012 9:56am
weird, i just realized i used to work with jon about 15 years ago. he spent a summer in holderness and he was a dishwasher at the restaurant i worked at. matter a fact i think i still have the demo he gave me...."of this oak" i believe it was called.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 9,2012 10:00am
arillius_the_white said[orig][quote]
Agreed with Andrew/Frank but I think Marrow holds more value than Asses Against the Grain.
i feel the same way.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 9,2012 10:02am
Does that stylish tree branch come with it?

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at May 9,2012 10:08am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Does that stylish tree branch come with it?

Yes, and it's imbibed with old pagan magic.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at May 9,2012 11:42am
The%20Rev%20Chord said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]
in 20 years, almost all music, especially metal, will be obsolete.

Lol Wut? Did Jason tell you he heard that from Hunter Hendrix at coachella?

Sorry....came out wrong. I meant that all modern almost all modern music will be obsolete...meaning that there will always be something to come along that's bigger/better.

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at May 9,2012 11:47am
mehh...i think all the best music has already been made. even all the best alt stuff out there now rips off jazz/funk/soul of the past 80 years.

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at May 9,2012 11:49am
but i guess kids today are making bigger and better music with synthesizers, kick drum triggers and two singers, so it's whatever.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at May 9,2012 11:49am
^agreed, with the exception of dubstep.

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at May 9,2012 11:49am
haha

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 9,2012 11:52am
arktourOs said[orig][quote]
mehh...i think all the best music has already been made. even all the best alt stuff out there now rips off jazz/funk/soul of the past 80 years.

Backed. Since my CD player shit the bed in my car, I've been listening to a shit ton of classical. Modern composers can't even touch the musical prowess of classical composers like Beethoven and Debussy.

toggletoggle post by arillius_the_white at May 9,2012 12:14pm
Fuck Classical Era Classical.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at May 9,2012 12:16pm
Go suck off Copeland about it.

toggletoggle post by arillius_the_white at May 9,2012 12:20pm
lol.

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at May 9,2012 5:38pm
I got the box set in the mail yesterday. It's real nice actually. That being said, I'll sell it here to anyone for nice discount of $299.99.

toggletoggle post by chrisREX  at May 9,2012 5:41pm
But I reserve the right to keep the fuckin flag. All box sets should have flags.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 10,2012 7:58am
net profit to me: -299.99 dollars. oh please, please take my 299.99 dollars.

toggletoggle post by Lol at cynical RTTP fucks at May 10,2012 12:07pm
Alright grandpappy can you tell me again how the past is always better than the present and stories about how all music today is derivative but somehow the classic music you miss isn't derivative even though virtually all creative expression is inherently derivative.

toggletoggle post by arillius_the_white at May 10,2012 12:17pm edited May 10,2012 12:17pm
Sign in, buffoon.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][6:28:57pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02038 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]