New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sacramentum apreesh by arktourOs on Nov 30,2011 12:16pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Nov 30,2011 12:16pm

no thread for this album! was listening last night. same feel as dissection, but overall, the mystique knob on the guitars is higher. classic sweed 90's blah blah blah. i haven't heard their other two albums after this one.

century media? fuck that shit. http://www.mediafire.com/?1bjc5njfzuwdrx1

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Nov 30,2011 12:17pm

toggletoggle post by soul remnants at Nov 30,2011 12:39pm
I was just listening to that album yesterday I agree rules .

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 30,2011 1:13pm
One of my fav swedish bands.

toggletoggle post by ThrilliVanilli at Nov 30,2011 1:54pm
i have far away from the sun and the coming chaos. i prefer fafts. but the coming chaos is still a strong album. love this band.

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at Nov 30,2011 2:03pm
yup, backed

toggletoggle post by aHOTgirlonRTTP at Nov 30,2011 2:03pm
I loveeee Far Away from the Sun

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Nov 30,2011 2:15pm
LIKE'd

toggletoggle post by kevinthesprigg at Nov 30,2011 2:31pm
Far Away from the Sun is far and away their best record. It's got a certain frostiness that the other releases lack.

toggletoggle post by Spydre  at Nov 30,2011 3:05pm
Far Away From the Sun is an awesome album. I feel like it doesn't get the appreciation and recognition it deserves.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Nov 30,2011 3:46pm
Far Away from the Sun, has always been a personal favorite of Swedish Dark Art. Thy Black Destiny was cool too, Andy LaRocque produced!

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Nov 30,2011 4:32pm
Excellent band that got unfairly marginalized. For years people have labeled them "Dissection clones" but the truth is, they started out around the same time as one another. Dissection formed in 1989, I believe, and Sacramentum began in 1990. Dissection just had more of an output and got the exposure that groups such as Vinterland, Dawn, and Sacramentum did not.

Infernally back'd.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Nov 30,2011 4:37pm
MikeOfDecrepitude said[orig][quote]
Excellent band that got unfairly marginalized. For years people have labeled them "Dissection clones" but the truth is, they started out around the same time as one another. Dissection formed in 1989, I believe, and Sacramentum began in 1990. Dissection just had more of an output and got the exposure that groups such as Vinterland, Dawn, and Sacramentum did not.

Infernally back'd.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd even throw Midvinter into that mix, even though they formed a couple of years later. Their only full length came out in 97, but they were playing shows way before that.

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Nov 30,2011 4:39pm
Indeed.

Also, as much as I neglected their later material ; Naglfar's Vittra is another overlooked masterpiece.

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Nov 30,2011 4:47pm
Jim, were you ever a fan of Throne of Ahaz?

toggletoggle post by ark at Nov 30,2011 4:56pm
MikeOfDecrepitude said[orig][quote]
For years people have labeled them "Dissection clones"
very unfair, it's unfortunate when bands come out of the same scene for one band to prevail because they're the most "marketable"

anyone have any idea how to get ahold of this on LP...i can only find a picture disc of "The Coming of Chaos" which i wouldn't mind picking up.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Nov 30,2011 5:38pm
Blood has been spilled is a dope track

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Nov 30,2011 5:51pm
They know how to Satan and their walls are the Hell!

toggletoggle post by ThrilliVanilli at Nov 30,2011 10:20pm
BSV said[orig][quote]
Far Away from the Sun, has always been a personal favorite of Swedish Dark Art. Thy Black Destiny was cool too, Andy LaRocque produced!

is there an album called thy black destiny? i thought that was just a track off of the coming of chaos, which larocque produced

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][8:43:32pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01225 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]