New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> George W. Bush Runs For Third Term As A Brunette by ShadowSD on Aug 16,2011 6:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 16,2011 6:57pm edited Aug 16,2011 7:01pm
So a guy who walks and talks and acts identical to Bush is looking like at the moment that he's going to be the challenger running for President next fall - the state similiarity that binds the two men isn't the issue, as after all the vast overwhelming majority of Texans don't remind a person of Bush (Ross Perot, Ron Paul, or really anybody else from Texas I can think of aren't reminiscient of GWB at all), but the fact is that they went out and literally found the one guy in Texas who most acts and talks like Bush. WTF?

Has anyone seen the back-to-back comparisions of Perry and Bush on video, it's unbelievable, what the two of them alone on this planet share is a bizarre awkward swagger and inflection that you'd never find meeting any average person from Texas; it only comes with a politician who loves fancy clothes and corporate checks trying to sound like the condescending image in their own minds of a Texan alpha male bumpkin. I'm trying to imagine a historical parallel to this but there just isn't one... it's like if Republicans nominated a guy who looked and acted just like Richard Nixon in 1976 or who looked and acted just like Herbert Hoover in 1936 - or for that matter if Democrats had nominated a guy who was a Jimmy Carter look alike in 1984.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 16,2011 7:11pm

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Aug 17,2011 2:07am
He should just say Change over and over again instead.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Aug 17,2011 9:24am
TEXAS FUCK YEAH

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 17,2011 10:56am edited Aug 17,2011 11:02am
mattkings said[orig][quote]
He should just say Change over and over again instead.

If the only alternative presented is either a Bush family member or clone, change sounds pretty damn good to me.

I remember the last five months of Bush's term was the only time in fifteen years of teaching guitar where I had NO students, the only time my drummer couldn't find tree work/landscaping/ANYTHING, and it's no wonder no one was hiring service industries like us because we were losing over 700,000 jobs a month until after Obama took office and turned those losses into monthly job gains; no one could borrow under the total credit freeze for those months, so no one spent money on anything including hiring people like us. I'm sure as hell glad there was a change from that, and I'd do anything not to go back to it, because I have a family to feed. Not working isn't an option.

But I wasn't even getting into the politics of how the Republican party (aside from Ron Paul) is a giant bag of shit whose policies we're still trying to recover from, and has a lot of nerve running again with the exact same policies - that's a totally different topic. Notice I didn't even mention Perry's political views, that'd be a whole different thread - it's the fact that he's a Bush CLONE in visual and verbal affect, and that's an apolitical observation because regardless of political views, we all have eyes and ears.

I just think it's incredibly weird, ESPECIALLY if someone doesn't want to vote for Obama why they'd want to be stuck with four more years of a Dubya clone as their only alternative. Makes no sense to me.

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Aug 17,2011 10:58am
Bernie Sanders 2012.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2011 11:18am

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2011 11:19am

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 17,2011 11:20am
I've been thinking for days that Will Ferrell is totally coming back to SNL with darker hair and saying "heh heh heh, I gotem all fooled".

toggletoggle post by KILLER KADERP at Aug 17,2011 11:22am
holy shit

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 18,2011 5:34pm

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 18,2011 5:49pm
only Rick Parry is real.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hell-ish Sadistic Boils
[default homepage] [print][9:28:13pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01101 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]