New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Open letter from DIR EN GREY by FuckIsMySignature on Aug 1,2011 3:52pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 1,2011 3:52pm
I dont really give shit about this band but this email is kinda scary. Especially since there has been little to no coverage about Japan's situation as of late...

Japanese rockers DIR EN GREY have released the following open letter expressing their feelings about this year's tragedy in their home country:

"The earthquake this March took the lives of many people, including many DIR EN GREY supporters. Now, in many places throughout the country, high radiation levels have been detected; everyone, including ourselves, has been exposed to the radiation and there are even some who say the contamination is so bad we are at risk to not be able to travel to the USA and other countries in the future.

"On March 11th, the band was in the studio in Tokyo working on the new album when the earthquake hit. Afterwards the power shortages and transportation chaos caused further complications, and our many thoughts crossed our mind: 'Will this album really be completed?'; 'Will we ourselves be able to continue working towards the completion?'; and 'Is it right to continue making this album?'

"August 3rd 2011 is the release date of our new album, 'Dum Spiro Spero'. This normally would have been a wonderful day where our work was to be released out into the world. However, there are still many people in Japan suffering from the disaster and so with the intention of self-restraint, we will to refrain from words of joy on this occasion. But we cannot stop moving forward due to this.

"We are currently in Japan; however, it is unclear to what extent the government's statements are correct, and to be honest, no one really knows what is going on in Japan right now. The safety regulations for safe level of radiation exposure keep getting increased higher and higher, yet the only official announcement is that 'there is no effect on health.'

"We can no longer tell whether we are a democratic nation. Unless you are careful with your words, you will be taken down with significant force. At this point, we do not have the ability to truly find out what is occurring in our own country. However, we want to know the truth. People are able to overcome huge obstacles and problems if they know the truth.

"In the album title 'While I Breath I Hope', and our music video 'Different Sense' that we released just prior to the album, our sense of wanting to take action that will lead to a breakthrough in the current situation is reflected.

"The beginnings of something as significant as the velvet revolution are said to have been in the 'Prague Spring' which was started by a rallying of people of culture.

"For all of you who have read this, we ask that you do what you can to support us in our search for the truth."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161418

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Aug 1,2011 4:37pm
shhhhh. Japan doesn't want you to know that it's falling apart. shut up and buy a toyota.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Aug 1,2011 4:42pm
Maybe the higher radiation will cause this band to write music that doesn't suck.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Aug 1,2011 4:51pm
Dir En Geiger

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 1,2011 4:54pm
^ A+

toggletoggle post by Woah!_Shut_It_Down!  at Aug 1,2011 5:07pm
Aww I love this band. Practically grew up listening to them. Hope shit works out for 'em. I know lots of weeaboos greater than myself will be saddened deeply but they'll tough it out fo sho. Just record it in Australia or something.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][6:45:07pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01486 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]