New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Hardcore metal bands with all ages fans needed for homeless benefit by schrammbo on Apr 11,2011 7:01am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 11,2011 7:01am edited Apr 11,2011 7:03am
Boston based homeless charity Stop The Bleeding is looking for 5 hardcore metal bands with all ages followings to play our upcoming homeless benefit show on June 18th at The Raven in Worcester. The hardcore all ages portion of the show will be in the afternoon into early evening - 2:30pm-7:35pm. For more info this is a link to the webpage for the show -www.letsstopthebleeding.org/id61.html
My e-mail - karmajunction@yahoo.com
Bring the brutality!
Peace
Schrammbo

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 11,2011 7:21am
Please stop making new topics, just bump your old ones. Continued abuse of the rttp posting system will result in a ban.

Good luck with your hemophilia benefit.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Apr 11,2011 8:57am
LOOKING FOR HARDCORE METAL DRUMMER THAT SLAMS THEN SINS THE FACES OFF THE HOMELESS

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 8:51am
Blow it out your ass. If this site wasn't such a mess, I would be able to post easier. Threaten to ban me all you want, I don't care - fucking do it and save me the trouble of having to put up with all the bullshit on this site. It's borderline fucking useless anyway. It's one of the few metal sites locally; that's the only reason I come on here. Good luck with my hemophilia benefit? Good luck with being a fucking douchebag.
Now get to work banning me. Do it.

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 18,2011 8:52am
Chill your shit negro. No one wants to see the same topics posted over and over and over.

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 8:55am
No one wants to see douchebags(not you) with their wiseass comments on everybody's postings either. I don't mind the heads up on the posting, but I don't need the wiseass comment attached to it.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 18,2011 8:58am
Warning level raised. Continued defiance will result in a ban. I'm sure everyone here wants to improve blood clotting in the homeless hemophiliac population; we are down for your cause bro. Cool it with the hostility.

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 18,2011 9:00am
schrammbo said[orig][quote]
No one wants to see douchebags(not you) with their wiseass comments on everybody's postings either

sigh

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:04am
Whatever. Warning level raised? Are we on the Starship Enterprise?
So let's see if I understand this site - somebody posts something, then somebody replies with a stupid comment, and then - what? The first person buys into it and gets pissed, and then fires back, and then everybody's got a comment, and it's just like a big stupid online hissyfit/catfight? This is a great website. It's almost as cool as the WAAF Bay State Rock forum. Almost.

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 18,2011 9:07am

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:10am
For the most part I ignore the shit on this site, because you're right, why cry about it? It just gets old sometimes, and I'm not one to just sit still after a while, that's all. Call it crying if you want, I call it putting losers in their place, because losers don't get put in their place often enough.
It's too bad this is what the metal community does with their time. Disappointing, but that's fine.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 18,2011 9:13am
You got it. You posted something, I replied with a stupid comment, you bought into it and got pissed, then fired back, and now you're still commenting and having a hissyfit with yourself. Easy, tiger.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2011 9:13am
I like that every 6-8 months, I am reminded that BSR still exists.

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:14am
The only reason I'm still responding is because it's slow here at work, pussycat.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 18,2011 9:15am
do a benefit show about it

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 18,2011 9:16am
only trying to one-up trolls in an internet forum and then getting butthurt when it doesnt work is real

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:18am
Everything that's wrong with the Boston area music scene, summed up in one thread. Impressive.

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:20am
sever said[orig][quote]
only trying to one-up trolls in an internet forum
It's true - he types faster than me.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 18,2011 9:21am

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 9:22am
Insight is the one thing I'm certain I won't find on this site.

toggletoggle post by eddnli at Apr 18,2011 10:35am
the insight is fuck "hardcoremetal". good luck btw.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 18,2011 10:40am
hahahaha this thread delivered. you've been on this site sinc 06, are fully aware of how it works, post a thread asking bands to play, get exactly what you should have expected for a response, and then flip the fuck out saying the site sucks? good lord. try yoga or a high colonic.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 18,2011 10:42am
i'm not even trying to pick a fight, it just amazes me that people think that their threads are going to somehow magically turn out differently than every single other one. run with it, it'll lower your blood pressure.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Apr 18,2011 10:52am
OP should get in touch with Carl Cheddarsmooth, he's got a lot of bands in his roster that would love to play this show.

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 18,2011 11:40am
I've barely been on here since '06, and this is why, but you're right - it didn't help back then either.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 18,2011 11:50am
Alx Casket is the biggest douchebag neo-rttper.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 18,2011 12:24pm
Hey bud, wanna taste the banhammer too?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 18,2011 1:06pm
Bohren & Der Club of Gore + Banning people = NAZI

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at Apr 18,2011 1:22pm
Everything that's wrong with the Boston area music scene, summed up in one thread. Impressive.

Since you already pointed out this is the ONLY local music board that has survived, how is this the example of everything wrong? I just saw 10 members here at a show over the weekend. When's the last time you ran into the BSR crowd outside the senior center?

These people are mocking you because you're sensitive, and talking shit. This is not your promotional board, it's an online community where butthurt and sensitivity don't really last very long. The advice was good - bump your post, don't make a new one. And before bashing the board and saying if it wasn't such and such you would... you said it yourself, there are NO other boards left. So REV has clearly done something right.

Meanwhile, sounds like you need us, and we don't need you. So next time around, keep that in mind before slinging your weak insults.

P.S. - Alex was FUCKING with you. There are no mods here. Get a grip.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Apr 18,2011 1:49pm
Didn't I help you book one of these once? Like got you the QVCC, a PA, and the bands and then nobody showed because you didn't promote?

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Apr 18,2011 1:50pm
Also, this is not really the board to be looking for bands with all ages crowds. Not to demean what you're doing, but your approach could be greatly improved.

toggletoggle post by schrammbo  at Apr 19,2011 6:35am
In response to Sacreligion, yes you did help me with a show back in 2006 at the QVCC, and nobody showed up but not because I didn't promote. That said, without a certain amount of money to promote with, it's hard to effectively promote, without someone somewhere helping with promotion. We are a very small charity, with a very small budget, so funds are limited, for every single thing we need to put these shows on. All that said, if anybody has any suggestions about how to better promote, I'm all ears - because I am by no means a promoter - never have been. Also, I've been listening to people's shit for the past 5 years we've been doing these shows, and I'm just now starting to get tired of it, so if I flip out once every five years oh well.
ArrowHeadNLI - I don't need you, but whatever you need to tell yourself is fine. Not for nothing, as much as it sucks to say it, the metal shows are the worst drawing shows we've done - so I really don't need you.
Also, just a P.S. to Sacreligion - we had 6 bands that day, and 4 people showed up, so I'm not sure how that happens but I'm sure it's not all my fault, and it's not yours either, as I remember you did what you could to help promote it.
All that said, can anybody tell me how to delete my posts? Because I don't see that option here - that and the fact that you can't block or delete someone else's comments on your post are two of the major problems with this site.
Either way, I'll be off here for good - you guys can have your playground back.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 19,2011 6:53am
you can edit your posts up to 24 hrs.
you can ignore people you don't want to read posts from.
everything else is how I wrote the site and I would say that other sites that do it the way that you are suggesting are the ones that did it wrong.

toggletoggle post by AMOROK666 at Apr 19,2011 6:55am edited Apr 19,2011 6:56am
Hey dude

First off you're a fucking.retard. rich, robin, fucking everyone else ect... have been successfully promoting shows for years. The way you're going about asking people to play a show to benefit the homeless is absurd. Come on here ask for help then berate anyone who responds? You're a fucking fool.

Second, this site is not only for that its also for the lulz, deal with it fag.

toggletoggle post by AMOROK666 at Apr 19,2011 7:00am edited Apr 19,2011 7:01am
Also if metal shows have no draw and you have better draw from whatever the fuck else it is you book for this shit, go elsewhere and do your fucking show. We won't miss you.

toggletoggle post by AMOROK666 at Apr 19,2011 7:03am
Also I'm wasted.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 19,2011 9:16am
WON'T SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEASE THINK OF THE HOMELESS HEMOPHELIACS??!?!!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 19,2011 9:26am

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Apr 19,2011 10:28am
All that said, can anybody tell me how to delete my posts? Because I don't see that option here - that and the fact that you can't block or delete someone else's comments on your post are two of the major problems with this site.
Either way, I'll be off here for good - you guys can have your playground back.

You sound like a fucking pussy anyway, nobody wants you back.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at Apr 19,2011 12:36pm

ArrowHeadNLI - I don't need you, but whatever you need to tell yourself is fine. Not for nothing, as much as it sucks to say it, the metal shows are the worst drawing shows we've done - so I really don't need you.

Pretty simple math here, I forgot you were stupid so I'll break it down.

YOU came HERE
YOU want BANDS
YOU have a NEED
YOU came HERE to fulfill that NEED
YOU need US

you follow it yet, retard?

Go book elsewhere. No one here will be upset, or miss you. Because we didn't seek YOU out at all, you came here seeking US. Get it?

And then you start talking shit, bashing the site, and the people on it, after ONE member gives you a hard time? You're a pussy.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 19,2011 12:38pm
I have killed the hardcore metal scene.

toggletoggle post by STLUCIFUREVA   at Apr 19,2011 1:07pm
Boston based homeless charity Stop The Bleeding is looking for 5 hardcore metal bands with all ages followings to play our upcoming homeless benefit show on June 18th at The Raven in Worcester. The hardcore all ages portion of the show will be in the afternoon into early evening - 2:30pm-7:35pm. For more info this is a link to the webpage for the show -www.letsstopthebleeding.org/id61.html
My e-mail - karmajunction@yahoo.com
Bring the brutality!
Peace
Schrammbo

do the bands have to be hardcore/metal ?
we may have the date open .
let us know .

ST.LUCI. GraveSideService

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 19,2011 1:18pm
This might be a bad time to bring it up but....

I need hardcore bands for a narcoleptic halfway house resident benefit next Sunday between 1:00 - 1:45. Bands need to help move chairs and set up for afternoon Bingo.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 19,2011 1:21pm
HOW MANY TICKETS DO I HAVE TO SELL??!!

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 19,2011 2:38pm
narcolepsy benefit featuring sleep and sunn do it now now now

toggletoggle post by sever at Apr 19,2011 2:40pm
also... hardcore all ages portion of the show? what, are you kicking kids out after 7:30 and suddenly changing the show to metal? great job, i'm sure this show will do well and plenty of people will come and you'll end the night in the green ink and with plenty of treasure to donate to the homeless.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 19,2011 5:26pm
why did it take me so long to click on this thread?

OHHH TEH HUMANITY!!!!!111!!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 19,2011 5:40pm
Somewhere there's a homeless guy who just needs to hear a sloppily done Cromags cover to jumpstart his life back in order.

u guise r dix.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Apr 19,2011 5:53pm
I know of a band called NESTCRUNCHER that might be interested in your show! I guess them and the soundguy at this venue are wicked tight too.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 19,2011 5:55pm
book MOUNDDISTURBER or GTFO

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Massive Celtic Snowfall
[default homepage] [print][9:13:14pm Apr 26,2024
load time 0.02245 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]