New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Time for Burzum to hang it up. by gravesideservice ron on Feb 1,2011 10:04am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by gravesideservice ron at Feb 1,2011 10:04am
Album was trash. Couple of good pieces here and there. Very traditional which I liked but over all not digging his clean vocals at all. Sounds fake and unnatural. He basically panned rhythm guitar left, and a second guitar right. Looped them over and over and buried an obvious drum machine in the background. Then pulled some bullshit talked type vocals way up front that he basically whispered through. AND REPEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN....I give it a 7 out of 10 because it still holds up way better than most hipster trash black metal like well I wont mention any names because then I will have to start locking and loading my gun and firing into crowds...

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 10:14am
Hail GSS. I'm talking to "the label" about having you guys open for us and Beherit, Havohej, Mortuary Drape and Der Sturmer on our world tour

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 10:47am
who is this? WHO IN THE HELL IS THIS?? GODDAMNIT, FUCKIN' NO GOOD BASTARDS!! GET THE DAMN DOOR!!

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 1,2011 10:49am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
who is this? WHO IN THE HELL IS THIS?? GODDAMNIT, FUCKIN' NO GOOD BASTARDS!! GET THE DAMN DOOR!!

neck cutta

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 11:26am
Pires said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

neck cutta

HAHA

toggletoggle post by Mutis  at Feb 1,2011 11:31am
Pretty sure I saw Varg smoking cloves and drinking PBR once.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 1:19pm
His facial hair could be perceived as ironic.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 1:25pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
His facial hair could be perceived as ironic.

haha so true, the ends of his mustache can be curled a bit too much at times, total hipster

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 1:26pm

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 1:45pm
I'd be jolly if I was wearing that shirt as well.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 1,2011 2:00pm
ITT: advice for young mustache-having black metal aspirants from the true godfathers of the scene

toggletoggle post by GSS 4 LYFE at Feb 1,2011 2:03pm
GSS ROOLZ!!!

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Feb 1,2011 2:09pm
Alexecutioner said[orig][quote]

Looks like a dad.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 3:36pm
The weather outside is frightful; what kinda boots you wearin, girl?

toggletoggle post by gravesideservice ron at Feb 1,2011 4:26pm
I am not talking bad smack about Burzum. I really enjoyed a few songs from both new albums (old albums rule too), I just think thats it (time to end an era of quality before the downward spiral). I would have to say though the best comeback from an old brutal band would be the newer Beherit.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2011 4:28pm
i'd have to agree. I enjoy a few tracks off of belus and the new one, but overall, they can't touch the older material. i didn't expect them to, really

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 4:37pm
I certainly don't expect it to, but no reason to hang it up. I think he's still got great music in him and I'm really enjoying this new one. I'm sure as fuck not playing the same shit I was 15 years ago and I don't expect I'll be doing the same thing in another 15 years. And "Engram" was every bit as amazing as older Beherit material, if not better. Fucking love that album.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Mar 25,2011 8:02pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][12:37:01am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01205 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]