New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New England Metal and Hardcore Fest Lineup Announced by bloodfilthgore on Feb 1,2011 9:20am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by bloodfilthgore at Feb 1,2011 9:20am
Metal and Hardcore festival lineup announced today.

Verdict:
Re-hashed horrible same boring BS as usual with the few shining lights of Dying Fetus and Revocation for a very high ticket price.

Death Fest 2011?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 1,2011 9:25am
Why are people always so surprised when this lineup is the same shitty thing as the year before it?

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 1,2011 9:25am edited Feb 1,2011 9:28am
The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival will enter it's teenage years this April with an eclectic mixture of bands from the metal and hardcore genres. Returning to the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., the event will take place on Thursday April 14, Friday April 15 and Saturday April 16. As per usual this is an ALL AGES festival.

Bands performing on Thursday April 14 include Attack Attack, Vanna, MyChildren MyBride, Our Last Night, Stray From The Path, Arsonists Get All The Girls, Bullet For Pretty Boy, Lions Lions, Armor For The Broken, This Or The Apocalypse, I The Breather, Across The Sun, Too Late The Hero, Attila, Plee For Purging, Dr. Acula, The Crimson Armada, Legacy, Counterparts, Legion and others. Doors open at 1:00PM. Festival runs from 1:00pm to 10:45PM.

Friday April 15 will include performances from Biohazard, Bury Your Dead (featuring the return of Mat Bruso doing the first three records "You Had Me At Hello" "Beauty and the Breakdown" and "Cover Your Tracks"), Terror, Cruel Hand, Your Demise, Thy Will Be Done, This Is Hell, The Carrier, Suffocate, Murder Death Kill, Terror, Stick To Your Guns, Trapped Under Ice, First Blood, Lionheart, Shai Hulud, Close Your Eyes, Legend, Monsters, The Great Commission, The Greenery, Hundreth, King Conquer, Betrayal and more to be added.Doors open at 12:00PM. Festival runs from 12:00PM to 12:45AM.

Bands performing on Saturday April 16 include Hatebreed, Between The Buried And Me, Job For A Cowboy, The Ocean, Carnifax, Oceano, Born Of Osiris, Dying Fetus, Skeletonwitch, Lazarus A.D., Beneath The Massacre, Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, 3 Inches Of Blood, Within The Ruins, Contortionist, Volumes, Molotov Solution, Nails, Hung, Sons Of Aurelius, A Life Once Lost, Confrontation, Last Chance To Reason, Revocation, Structures, Withered, Wretched and more to be added. Doors open at 12:00PM. Festival runs from 12:00PM to 12:45AM.

Tickets for Thursday cost $25. Friday and Saturday individual day tickets cost $30. A 3-day ticket costs $79 BUT if you buy them before February 15 they cost $69. All tickets are on sale FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4 @ 10AM at all FYE Stores, online at tickets.com or call (800) 477-6849.

Sponsors this year include Monster Energy Drink, All In Merchandise, Ibanez, Tama, D'Addario, Atticus Black, Metal Blade Records, Artery Recordings and Hails & Horns Magazine. Heavy Hitter coordinates all our radio promotions, Mazur Pr coordinates our media inquiries and Metal Injection supplies fans with all the videos and interviews on their site so you can get a preview of all the bands to perform. Jeremy Saffer from jeremysaffer.com and Aaron Peppelis from returntothepit.com provide all the official festival photos.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 1,2011 9:36am

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Feb 1,2011 9:41am
The Ocean? That kinda stands out a bit...

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Feb 1,2011 9:42am
also I had this irrational hope that as a result of that vote for bands thing, we'd have a decent lineup this year. Guess not...

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 1,2011 9:46am
I'd go Friday for biohazard. Last time I saw them was back in '96(?) with Sepultura. It'd be fun to see them again. Or it could be like when I saw Vision of Disorder a few years ago...some things are just better left in the past.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Feb 1,2011 9:48am
So people actually voted for these bands? Or was the voting thing just a red herring?

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Feb 1,2011 9:55am
yeah, I think the voting thing did nothing

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 10:09am
Thursday is worthless, Some decent hardcore bands Friday, Nails, Fetus and Revocation on Saturday. Maybe one other phat band. We'll see.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 10:31am
Pires said[orig][quote]
I'd go Friday for biohazard. Last time I saw them was back in '96(?) with Sepultura. It'd be fun to see them again. Or it could be like when I saw Vision of Disorder a few years ago...some things are just better left in the past.

haha i was at that show, i think it was 98.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 10:32am
every year i say this, and every year it's accurate. this might be the worst lineup i've ever seen, anywhere, ever.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 10:39am
Have you seen the lineup for "Mayhem" fest this summer? It's really a "one bomb" fest; as in "one bomb could make such a glorious difference"

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 1,2011 11:05am
this show hasnt been good since 2003

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 11:17am
Pires said[orig][quote]

Bands performing on Thursday April 14 include Attack Attack, Vanna, MyChildren MyBride, Our Last Night, Stray From The Path, Arsonists Get All The Girls, Bullet For Pretty Boy, Lions Lions, Armor For The Broken, This Or The Apocalypse, I The Breather, Across The Sun, Too Late The Hero, Attila, Plee For Purging, Dr. Acula, The Crimson Armada, Legacy, Counterparts, Legion and others. Doors open at 1:00PM. Festival runs from 1:00pm to 10:45PM.

that has to be one of the worst fucking line ups of emo fuck faces to fill out an entire day of wrist slitting.

fuck NEMHF

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Feb 1,2011 11:23am
Attack Attack?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at Feb 1,2011 11:25am
Seriously, why don't they drop the metal from the title? Just call it the hardcore fest, and provide plenty of hair straighteners in the bathroom for those young, skinny kids.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 11:26am
there are like 4 bands i want to see, but not fucking worth the $30 to get in on top of the $5 PBRs

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 1,2011 11:27am
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
Have you seen the lineup for "Mayhem" fest this summer? It's really a "one bomb" fest; as in "one bomb could make such a glorious difference"

Yeah, Megadeth and a bunch of worthless shit. Fucking hell.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Feb 1,2011 11:34am
the lineup for Rock On the Range is worse

A Perfect Circle, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, KoRn, Stone Sour, Staind, Alter Bridge, Hollywood Undead, Bullet for my Valentine, Black Label Society, Hinder, A Day to Remember, Danzig, Escape the Fate, Sick Puppies, All That Remains, Saving Abel, My Darkest Days, Finger Eleven, 10 Years, POD

...and I'm pretty sure that's not all

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Feb 1,2011 11:35am
RustyPS%20should%20be%20working said[orig][quote]
Attack Attack?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Wren is stoked.

toggletoggle post by Gregblessedoffalichabod  at Feb 1,2011 11:43am
Congrads to Revocation, but I think I'll just save it up for the Crowbar/St. Vitus, Manowar, Motorhead that coming through town in the next couple of months.

toggletoggle post by Jerry LOLer at Feb 1,2011 11:49am
Goto Metal Fest. Put an addition on Scott Lee's personal KFC.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Feb 1,2011 12:22pm
Bands performing on Thursday April 14 include Armor For The Broken and others. Doors open at 1:00PM. Festival runs from 1:00pm to 10:45PM.

Friday April 15 will include performances from The Carrier, Shai Hulud and more to be added.Doors open at 12:00PM. Festival runs from 12:00PM to 12:45AM.

Bands performing on Saturday April 16 include The Ocean, Dying Fetus, Beneath The Massacre, A Life Once Lost, Revocation and more to be added. Doors open at 12:00PM. Festival runs from 12:00PM to 12:45AM.

Meh.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 1,2011 12:28pm
Maybe one other phat band. We'll see.

ipsissifuck?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Feb 1,2011 12:37pm
Pires said[orig][quote]
Carnifax

SHOW ME THE CARNIFAX!!!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 12:44pm
Alexecutioner said[orig][quote]
Pires said[orig][quote]

that has to be one of the worst fucking line ups of emo fuck faces to fill out an entire day of wrist slitting.

fuck NEMHF

since i only live 5 seconds away we should set up chairs and a grill in one of the parking lots and heckle people all day.

toggletoggle post by hxc at Feb 1,2011 1:04pm
Thursday is fucking terrible. Friday will be insane. An Saturday is blahhhh as of right now

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Feb 1,2011 1:04pm edited Feb 1,2011 1:05pm
(since i only live 5 seconds away we should set up chairs and a grill in one of the parking lots and heckle people all day. )

Fuck, I'd be up for that.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 1:06pm
all are welcome...ALL ARE WELCOME!

toggletoggle post by Nocuous_Fumes  at Feb 1,2011 1:06pm
due to the rising trend of terrible Palladium shows, chinese restaurants in the surrounding area are forced to add "Crabcore Rangoon" to their menus.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 1,2011 1:07pm
if they are made with the meat of ground up crabcore people, i am down.

toggletoggle post by hauptpflucker   at Feb 1,2011 1:07pm
Sounds tasty, is that like cream cheese and bits of emo meat inside a fried bit of flakey pastry?

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 1:09pm
That would be the textbook definition of crushing und subjugating le buttdarts, no?

toggletoggle post by Nocuous_Fumes  at Feb 1,2011 1:14pm
hauptpflucker said[orig][quote]
Sounds tasty, is that like cream cheese and bits of emo meat inside a fried bit of flakey pastry?

indeed it is, it's a rather hard dish to perfect, one has to thoroughly clean the emos, getting bits of skinny jeans caught in your teeth ruins an otherwise lovely culinary experience.

toggletoggle post by Elihhcb at Feb 1,2011 1:18pm
Tony danza is sweet

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 1,2011 1:24pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
Alexecutioner said[orig][quote]
Pires said[orig][quote]

fuck NEMHF

since i only live 5 seconds away we should set up chairs and a grill in one of the parking lots and heckle people all day.

haha, id be down. we can make camp up at the top of the hill and pummel unsuspecting emo's with icicle spears

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 1,2011 1:43pm edited Feb 1,2011 1:43pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

Acoustic Scaphism parking lot set! DO IT OR CHINATOWN

toggletoggle post by mike29 at Feb 1,2011 1:55pm
Lineup for Hammer Open Air 2011:
AUTOPSY (US)
ABSU (US)
INQUISITION (US)
GOSPEL OF THE HORNS (Aus)
MORTIFERA (Fra)
DARKENED NOCTURN SLAUGHTERCULT (Ger)
BAPTISM (Fin)
MERRIMACK (Fra)
INTERMENT (Swe)
SATANIC WARMASTER (Fin)
TOTALSELFHATRED (Fin)
ALGHAZANTH (Fin)
ISOLE (Swe)
IN SOLITUDE (Swe)
STORMHEIT (Fin)
MORBUS CHRON (Swe)
MAVETH (Fin)
CAUGHT IN THE BETWEEN (Fin)

Fuck Woohstaa! They do it right in Europe (and Maryland pretty much).

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 1:55pm
Elihhcb said[orig][quote]
Tony danza is sweet

Mona is sweeter.

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Feb 1,2011 1:57pm
Shitty like always...

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 2:06pm
Sorry you and your Nuclear Assault bros aren't on it, bro.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 1,2011 2:12pm
Broclear Brosault

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 1,2011 2:32pm
Cool Story Bro Orgy

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Feb 1,2011 2:51pm
The only band that I would like to see is BIOHAZARD (if they are really playing).

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 1,2011 2:52pm
i didn't think this fest could get any worse

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Feb 1,2011 2:58pm
Since Biohazard are playing maybe the new version of Blood for Blood will get added.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 1,2011 3:06pm
Pires said[orig][quote]

Friday April 15 Bury Your Dead, Terror, Cruel Hand, This Is Hell, The Carrier, Suffocate, Terror, Stick To Your Guns, Trapped Under Ice, Shai Hulud, The Great Commission, Hundredth,

Saturday April 16 Between The Buried And Me, Job For A Cowboy, The Ocean, Dying Fetus, Skeletonwitch, Lazarus A.D., Beneath The Massacre, Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, 3 Inches Of Blood, A Life Once Lost, Last Chance To Reason, Revocation

That's all I would see.

toggletoggle post by deathchick   at Feb 1,2011 3:07pm
Blue, what's up with NEDF 2011?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2011 3:07pm
Horrible show.

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Feb 1,2011 3:12pm
this is the worst one ever. wow.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2011 3:13pm
Who is the actual person responsible for booking this show?

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 3:23pm
Aaron Pepeluss

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 1,2011 3:29pm
deathchick said[orig][quote]

I could've sworn he said he wasn't doing it this year again. He should, though, with Maryland being the only good fest this year otherwise.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 1,2011 3:31pm
This "fest" sounds chock full of kidnapping and rape opportunities.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 3:42pm
New England Buttdart and Chloroform Fest

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Feb 1,2011 3:55pm
yeah, really...what a fucking gay lineup

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 4:45pm
Don't know what you guys are expecting at this point. "Mainstream" metal is an ugly, not always heterosexual world and not one that many of us have much if any interaction with. Nothing "underground" about this fest. Certainly no culting to be had, save for a possible 20 minutes from a yet-to-be named band of morbid satans

toggletoggle post by AndrawBasterd at Feb 1,2011 4:54pm
swimming, in the main stream. lol

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 5:37pm
breast-stroke

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Feb 1,2011 6:24pm
I'm always amazed by how I've never heard of all the mainstream bands. How does that happen?

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 1,2011 7:45pm
Congrats, you're not a mediocre faggot

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 2,2011 1:51am
Nostromo said[orig][quote]
Seriously, why don't they drop the metal from the title? Just call it the hardcore fest, and provide plenty of hair straighteners in the bathroom for those young, skinny kids.

because this isn't anymore of a hardcore fest then it is a metal fest. "New England Bad Music fest (with some okay bands)" would be the most appropriate name.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 2,2011 4:02pm
I'd go for stray from the path on thursday, but I would not be willing to pay 60 bucks for just them and sit through a whole day of shit just for them. I'll catch them next time they come around.

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Feb 2,2011 4:05pm
It's 25 for thursday.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 2,2011 4:06pm
Still not worth it for one band.

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Feb 2,2011 4:07pm
Agreed

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 2,2011 4:09pm
i have never heard of most of these bands.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 2,2011 4:11pm
Elihhcb said[orig][quote]
Tony danza is sweet

Mona is sweeter.

you and i both know jonathan is the sweetest

this post is also known as "only jonathan is real" and "jonathan or raviolis"

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Feb 2,2011 9:19pm
If someone was kind enough to buy me a ticket to this fest, I'd be tempted to strike them.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Feb 15,2011 11:07am
Blood For Blood

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Feb 15,2011 1:31pm
oscarct said[orig][quote]
Blood For Blood

toggletoggle post by revenge! at Feb 15,2011 1:38pm
Too many fights will break out during Blood For Bloods set which means BIOHAZARD will not get to play.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 15,2011 1:39pm
yeah right.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Feb 15,2011 2:17pm
i_am_not_me said[orig][quote]
deathchick said[orig][quote]

I could've sworn he said he wasn't doing it this year again. He should, though, with Maryland being the only good fest this year otherwise.

blue said he wasn't doing it LAST year... i don't think this years ruled out yet.... i hope.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Feb 15,2011 2:20pm
revenge! said[orig][quote]
Too many fights will break out during Blood For Bloods set which means BIOHAZARD will not get to play.

its 2011 not 98.. I doubt anything will happen

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 15,2011 2:25pm
Nostromo said[orig][quote]

There's no hardcore on this fest either.

toggletoggle post by revenge! at Feb 15,2011 2:38pm
No hardcore on this fest? Your a fucking idiot. On Friday there is a bunch of it.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 15,2011 2:58pm
save for a possible 20 minutes from a yet-to-be named band of morbid satans

toggletoggle post by hauptpflucker   at Feb 15,2011 3:35pm
oscarct said[orig][quote]
revenge! said[orig][quote]

its 2011 not 98.. I doubt anything will happen
Meatheads will be meatheads...

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 15,2011 7:16pm
Is Blood For Blood actually playing this???

toggletoggle post by randy nli at Feb 15,2011 10:40pm
i stopped going to these after about 02'-03'. at least back during that time they had SOME good bands.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Feb 16,2011 12:54am
Certainly no culting to be had, save for a possible 20 minutes from a yet-to-be named band of morbid satans

The Bunny The Bear?

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Feb 16,2011 2:51am
looks so bad i wanna vomit in my mouth and eat it.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Feb 16,2011 7:42am
Is Blood For Blood actually playing this???

yeah, before biohazard

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Feb 16,2011 7:42am
I may go up for blood for blood

toggletoggle post by mrdkill at Feb 16,2011 8:52am
OMG blowjob for a cowboy is the best!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 16,2011 10:54am
Looks like I'll go up a day early. Wish Disembodied was playing.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 16,2011 11:01am
narkybark said[orig][quote]
I'm always amazed by how I've never heard of all the mainstream bands. How does that happen?

Who would you know that would introduce you to these "mainstream bands"? THAT is the question.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Feb 16,2011 11:03am
Artisinal ravioli only $10.95 at the Olive Garden

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][10:13:41pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03184 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]