New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Putting some metal nights together in Quincy, MA: Club 58 by Othniel77 on Dec 20,2010 2:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 2:18pm
Dark Sky Productions is seeking South Shore bands WHO CAN DRAW for Thursday night gigs at a venue described as "Quincy's version of The Middle East Downstairs".

All shows are 4-band bills. Sets are 40-45 minutes, with set times being:

8:30
9:25
10:20
11:10

We are booking for THURSDAYS only. Do not ask about weekends-DSP does not have the contract for weekends.

Club only takes the first $100 off the door - rest is for the bands!!!
All your flyers are produced for you.

Club has full pro-sound system and soundguy - all you gotta do is bring all your instruments, set up, plug in, and play!

Venue is located walking distance from the Quincy Ctr T Stop. Free parking for bands

Club is 21+ for patrons. We have $2.50 drafts.

Now booking for Jan, Feb, and beyond (1/27 and 2/3 are NOT available).

Would you like to set up a show?
Please email OTHNIEL77@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by bloblovesmusic at Dec 20,2010 2:39pm
warning, there are already two Thursday metal nights in existence. Metal Thursday and Born Of Fire. I would recommend maybe doing a wednesday night gig? Just sayin'.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2010 2:41pm
bloblovesmusic said[orig][quote]
warning, there are already two Thursday metal nights in existence. Metal Thursday and Born Of Fire. I would recommend maybe doing a wednesday night gig? Just sayin'.

truth.

toggletoggle post by bloblovesmusic at Dec 20,2010 2:43pm
for the record, I'm all for more regular metal nights, but I'd hate for them to conflict with two already established ones. (especially since BOF and MT are now alternating thursdays)

toggletoggle post by Pires at Dec 20,2010 2:44pm
Inb4 fuck the fire dept!

toggletoggle post by QUINCY FIRE CHIEF at Dec 20,2010 2:47pm
Othniel77 said[orig][quote]
Dark Sky Productions is seeking South Shore bands WHO CAN DRAW for Thursday night gigs at a venue described as "Quincy's version of The Middle East Downstairs".

All shows are 4-band bills. Sets are 40-45 minutes, with set times being:

8:30
9:25
10:20
11:10

We are booking for THURSDAYS only. Do not ask about weekends-DSP does not have the contract for weekends.

Club only takes the first $100 off the door - rest is for the bands!!!
All your flyers are produced for you.

Club has full pro-sound system and soundguy - all you gotta do is bring all your instruments, set up, plug in, and play!

Venue is located walking distance from the Quincy Ctr T Stop. Free parking for bands

Club is 21+ for patrons. We have $2.50 drafts.

Now booking for Jan, Feb, and beyond (1/27 and 2/3 are NOT available).

Would you like to set up a show?
Please email OTHNIEL77@yahoo.com

OH IT'S YOU! MISS "FUCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT" - YEAH OUR BROTHERS IN SOMERVILLE TOLD US ABOUT YOU. GOOD LUCK, MAYBE IF THIS CATCHES ON WE'LL SHUT THIS CLUB DOWN TOO.

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 20,2010 2:51pm
BRING BACK DEE DEES OR GTFO

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Dec 20,2010 2:53pm
i can pretty much guarantee that every single show you book will fall on the same day as either a Metal Thursday or a Born of Fire night seeing as how they now alternate every other thursday of the month

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 2:53pm
This one is in a different market (Quincy - South Shore MA) and not every Thursday will be metal...we'd just like to open the venue up to have metal bands in there. Quincy is 40+ miles from Worcester.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 2:54pm
Also, maybe a local metal band would like to jump on an MGB (Mixed Genre Bill) and garner a new audience.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 20,2010 2:54pm
at a venue described as "Quincy's version of The Middle East Downstairs".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 20,2010 2:55pm edited Dec 20,2010 2:55pm
Also, maybe a local metal band would like to jump on an MGB (Mixed Genre Bill) and garner a new audience.

NO. and lol @ MGB being an acronym.

toggletoggle post by hijack'd at Dec 20,2010 2:55pm
This is now a chicks with mullets image thread - GO!

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Dec 20,2010 2:56pm

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Dec 20,2010 2:57pm
im all for another regularly occurring metal night, but i think you should pick a different day than thursday, you will always be competing with another show

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 2:58pm
Pretty funny, considering I have a bob, not a mullet. But of course, I don't expect (straight dudes) to be experts on women's hairstyles.

Anyways, I am just looking to offer bands an additional venue to play.
Not looking to step on other promoter's nights or toes.
For me it's all about the music and we would love to have new bands at our club. Capacity is 435 but honestly I am happy if a band can bring 20-25 people.

~shrugs~

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Dec 20,2010 3:01pm
failed numetal/gothrock promoter is failing.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 3:12pm
Considering that my company now produces shows at 8 different clubs, I wouldn't consider that "failing".

toggletoggle post by bloblovesmusic at Dec 20,2010 3:13pm
again, we're not saying that your regular metal night is stepping on toes or anything, but it would do better and be more successful when it's always competing with another show. Honestly I'd love to come to something like this, but I have my loyalties to Metal Thursday and Born of Fire. Wednesdays aren't a bad night for something like this.

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 20,2010 3:14pm
Post pics of the club

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Dec 20,2010 3:14pm
Dark Sky Productions is seeking South Shore bands WHO CAN DRAW

I CAN DRAW

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2010 3:18pm

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Dec 20,2010 3:27pm
What kind of crowd does this place usually draw?
Do you have previous experience with metal shows?
Do you have your own sound person?
Is there security, and if so, would they get all uppity with people being rowdy?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 20,2010 3:27pm
Thursday Thursday
ba da ba da da da

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 20,2010 3:29pm
Considering that my company now produces shows at 8 different clubs, I wouldn't consider that "failing".

Uh ohhh we have an entrepreneur. If it's really a Quincy venue can I get cocaine dusted clam strips there?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 20,2010 3:32pm
Aaron lemme take a crack at this:

aaron_michael said[orig][quote]
What kind of crowd does this place usually draw?

Barflys, nu-metal goons, other bands' girlfriends

Do you have your own sound person?

Some guy that will give you attitude all through sound check, ask for $200, and then be seen eating a hot dog outside while your mic feeds back

Is there security, and if so, would they get all uppity with people being rowdy?

Rest assured, someone with little to no authority in the real world will be there to flip out and hit someone with a maglite.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 3:33pm
Hi Aaron,

I've been booking shows in various markets since 1993, and I have worked with several metal bands. Not only did I run a Sunday night metal night series in Somerville for 3 years at the Skybar, my husband and I ran the New England Punk, Goth, and Metal Festival 2005-2007 at the Palladium, as well as several other regional events.

Our soundguy is Joe Patten. He has a 24-channel mixing board and our sound system is more than adequate. We've had several metal bands down at the club in the past few months, most notably Forever's Fallen Grace, Avariel, Sorrow Seed, and more.

As far as draw, it's like any other club in MA has been since 2005...it's based on how big a cult following that a band has. We do paid advertising in the Metro and The Patriot Ledger, as well as produce flyers for the bands to use, and a fair amount of internet promo.

Myself and my personal assistant handle the security...as long as everyone is respectful to the club and staff, all is good. We also have $2.50 beers and the drinks are reasonably priced...free parking is a bonus as well.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 20,2010 3:40pm
I ran the New England Punk, Goth, and Metal Festival 2005-2007 at the Palladium

http://www.myspace.com/nepgmfest

Looks professional.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Dec 20,2010 3:47pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Aaron lemme take a crack at this:
Some guy that will give you attitude all through sound check, ask for $200, and then be seen eating a hot dog outside while your mic feeds back

Hahahahaha

Othniel77: it sounds like you have a good thing going for you, but you're aware that bands like the ones you mentioned are almost a completely different breed than the ones on this forum, correct?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 20,2010 3:49pm
this could be cool.

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 3:51pm
I'm willing to open up the club to any bands who would like to play the room and can bring a few fans to the show. Worth a shot, right? Or if not, well, then at least the opportunity is out there...

toggletoggle post by aril at Dec 20,2010 3:54pm
Post pictures of the club, please

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 3:57pm
Add Club 58 on Facebook and you can have access to all their photo albums for various shows and events:

Website http://www.club58.com
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...yspace.com%2Fclub58shooters&h=9cd64

toggletoggle post by Othniel77   at Dec 20,2010 4:00pm
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Club58quincy

Facebook page for the club - click on Photos, please.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2010 4:01pm
aril said[orig][quote]
Post pictures of the tits, please

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Dec 20,2010 4:14pm
if you book bands people want to see and it happens to be a thursday, people will go.

I think these 'metal' nights are stupid. they just get watered down with the same bands and/or lame bands over and over again because it occurs so frequently.

Some bands suck, perhaps mine included. face it.

I'd say go for it on Thursday if thats the only night you get...if you book them (them being bands that will draw)....they (they being fans of said bands) will come.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2010 4:17pm
grim outlook is grim...yet realisitic.

toggletoggle post by Uhm at Dec 20,2010 5:39pm
Ain't nothin' but a hobby rocker .

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 20,2010 11:40pm
Not only did I run a Sunday night metal night series in Somerville for 3 years at the skybar

Those Skybar shows were really cool.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Dec 20,2010 11:54pm
Pires said[orig][quote]
Inb4 fuck the fire dept!

dammit. beat me to it.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 21,2010 9:12am

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 21,2010 9:37am
No such thing as fire. This thread is prepsterous

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 21,2010 9:44am
Fire wasn't invented until after WWII.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Dec 21,2010 9:46am
Anders, I'm sure DS will be down for one at some point once we're back to playing out.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 21,2010 10:05am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said[orig][quote]
Fire wasn't invented until after WWII.

I heard about this mythical thing called a "flame...thrower"? Sounds like bullshit to me -- this photo is definitely shopped.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 21,2010 10:37am
fire has indeed been invented. the proof? SIMPSONS DID IT.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 21,2010 10:58am
aril said[orig][quote]
BRING BACK DEE DEES OR GTFO

Oh you mean the fuckhole that canceled every show booked there last minute leaving the promoters like me to tell all the bands all the promo work they did was for dick? Fuck DeeDees.

58 is a shithole bro/ho bar.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 21,2010 11:03am
I've been to 58 one time ever. It was for Brain Damage from Japan. It was a cool show, but other than one-off shows like that I can't imagine people making the effort to come to a townie bar in Quincy to see bands they can already see in places they actually like going to.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 21,2010 11:04am
lol located right down in the BroHo district of Bawston.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 21,2010 11:05am
ATTN Everyone

This upcoming Thursday's blockbuster show of 13 Winters, The Shadows Smile, and Goatwhore has been moved to Waterworks. KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE! FUCK THE HEALTH INSPECTOR!!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 21,2010 11:06am
Keep the scene alive, buy tickets.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 21,2010 11:08am
YES FUCKIN 13 WINTERS GUY

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 21,2010 11:09am
ITT: RTTP pisses in your cheerios.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 21,2010 11:12am
Boarcorpse would be interested, but we're from Boston, and i don't think we'd draw enough for you to be happy in Quincy.

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Dec 21,2010 11:13am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
ATTN Everyone

This upcoming Thursday's blockbuster show of 13 Winters, The Shadows Smile, and Goatwhore has been moved to Waterworks. KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE! FUCK THE HEALTH INSPECTOR!!
i'd only go to this if saint to sinner got added and i had to sell 487534098674 tickets in order to attend.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 21,2010 11:20am
good luck with that! they have a $10,000.00 guarantee for local shows.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 21,2010 2:57pm

toggletoggle post by hands 2 yourself at Dec 21,2010 3:14pm

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Dec 21,2010 3:22pm
DreadKill said[orig][quote]
xmikex said[orig][quote]
ATTN Everyone

i'd only go to this if saint to sinner got added and i had to sell 487534098674 tickets in order to attend.

Steal signals from the Palladium and book Arch Enemy for a residency, then we'll talk.

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Dec 21,2010 3:25pm
I'd like to see this moron compete with the South Shore's greatest source of Thursday evening entertainment: Capone's Pizzeria and Morgan White

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 21,2010 3:29pm

toggletoggle post by BOF logged Out at Jan 15,2011 11:06pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
if you book bands people want to see and it happens to be a thursday, people will go.

I think these 'metal' nights are stupid. they just get watered down with the same bands and/or lame bands over and over again because it occurs so frequently.

Some bands suck, perhaps mine included. face it.

I'd say go for it on Thursday if thats the only night you get...if you book them (them being bands that will draw)....they (they being fans of said bands) will come.

Why do you think these nights are "stupid"? 2 times a month is really too many nights in your opinion? Every thursday people who like metal have a place to go and hang out. It's not just about the bands playing that particular show..at least at my night it isn't...movies, DJ, $5...somewhere to go...if you don't like what I am DJing tell me what you want to hear...I'll play it...if I don't have it I'll get it for the next one. I'm doing these nights for you guys...don't then complain when these things go away cause nobody comes. I'll do this as long as people want it. evs.

toggletoggle post by Scott Brown at Mar 20,2011 3:46pm

toggletoggle post by Scott Brown at Mar 20,2011 3:46pm
WEAK

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Fallen Narcotic Devil
[default homepage] [print][2:11:15pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.10113 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]