New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Band SEEKING a GUITARIST*** by americalovesdonuts on Nov 7,2010 2:29pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 2:29pm
We are looking for a guitarist, have been a band for around a year did a quick ep played some shows and then took time off to record a proper release (which we're in the middle of). We are extremely dedicated and if you don't quite have what it takes material wise we'll make it happen..we have a full guitar rig for you...a van for transportation if you need a ride to practice whatever. Our space is in Attleboro, MA two minutes from the train station! Below are some basic track instrumentals we're in the middle of (no vocals or overdubs yet so if you hear any awkward parts with just bass no guitar you know whats up). You can call us at 508-446-3792.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dykb3ajulyp8an9 Track 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?3i8b2bbz0z5tyzu Track 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?qn3kskczeriyes9 Track 3

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxy4cvsi6pdpl0p Track 4

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewqo0s7220rwhv9 Track 5

toggletoggle post by I_am_not_me   at Nov 7,2010 2:38pm
Mentioning the band name, the style, influences, details about said "full guitar rig"...these sorts of things would probably be a good idea. At least you mentioned your location and provided contact info. I'd give this listing about a D+.

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 2:59pm
Nope band name due to the unknown status at this point means nothing to me and influences does too..why? I posted the songs and that's all that matters..that other stuff is for conversation after you like the songs and we talk on the phone.

toggletoggle post by I_am_not_me   at Nov 7,2010 3:25pm
All I'm saying is those sorts of things could help to hook people in. (I'm not interested in any scenario, I'm perfectly happy with my current band situation.) But the point is nothing about that listing motivated me enough to even so much as click on the links for the songs. Just trying to be helpful, even though in retrospect I probably could've and should've used this for a trolling opportunity.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Nov 7,2010 3:27pm
So you're a funk ska death metal band?

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 3:50pm
Yes kind of like Adam Ant meets Saint Vitus meets Brian May

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 3:51pm
I forgot Carly Simon and Wargasm.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 7,2010 4:36pm
I hate having to download tracks to preview a band. Why can't you dudes make these streamable on like BandCamp or a myspace or something? You'll get more previews, probably a few more replies. This is coming from a person that fits the description of what I imagine you want for your band, which is also somewhat missing from the listing.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 7,2010 5:15pm
i agree. stream this shit or GTFO.

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 9:58pm
<object data="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=1987757510/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//" type="text/html" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="100"><param name="movie" value="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=1987757510/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//"><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><object data="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=1987757510/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//" type="text/html" width="400" height="100"></object></object>

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 9:59pm
sorry, we decided not to post streaming clips of our music BECAUSE WE DONT FUCKING LIKE FAGGOTS IN OUR BAND

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 9:59pm
alright cuties tough guys and lazies....uploaded the tracks in a "streaming" format for ya here http://kamusic1.bandcamp.com/releases

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 7,2010 10:01pm
ooo now who was that with the faggot talk?

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Nov 7,2010 10:03pm
Manic Repressive.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Nov 7,2010 10:18pm
Much better.

When you ask someone to download anything, these days they can't be sure they're not getting a virus or some kind of malicious thing with it. When I went to look at your downloads earlier I got:

A) a pop-up for some fake news website
B) Someone telling me "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE WON!!" over my speakers
C) Having to sit there and wait for it to download

At least streaming avoids all that

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 8,2010 9:36am
americalovesdonuts said[orig][quote]
sorry, we decided not to post streaming clips of our music BECAUSE WE DONT FUCKING LIKE FAGGOTS IN OUR BAND

well this seems rational.

toggletoggle post by bornofosichris  at Nov 8,2010 9:42am

oh reallllll progressive.

toggletoggle post by timma at Nov 8,2010 10:49am
I love "Istrumental"s.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Nov 8,2010 11:18am
I_am_not_me said[orig][quote]
Mentioning the band name, the style, influences, details about said "full guitar rig"...these sorts of things would probably be a good idea. At least you mentioned your location and provided contact info. I'd give this listing about a D+.

Yep. I mean, yes, we realize you posted your songs, but do you think every guitarist that's looking for a band is going to just listen to your stuff without even the slightest inkling of what kind of music you play? If you at least give some references to let people know the "realm" from which you play, then maybe they'll spend time listening to your material.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 8,2010 11:26am
theres no use arguing with this dolt.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 8,2010 11:37am
This thread is bandist.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 8,2010 12:39pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]

yup, this kid is obviously a duchebag. Nick tries to offer advice, and even sounds interested, and he calls him a faggot.... Nice work.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 8,2010 12:50pm
ITT: Beelze had a change of heart.

toggletoggle post by timma at Nov 8,2010 1:25pm

+50 Retro Points for bringing back "dolt"

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 8,2010 3:20pm
YOU DOLT!

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Nov 8,2010 3:46pm
why do I feel like this person should be finishing his comments with Fight me at the gates of chinatown.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Nov 8,2010 4:01pm
also I dig the tunes.

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 8,2010 9:01pm
you guys are all fucking faggots, stop telling me what to fucking do, if i wanted you in the band i would have asked you already, seriously, stfu and lets get back to the point of this thread

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 8,2010 9:29pm edited Nov 8,2010 9:31pm
lol how can you expect anyone to take you seriously after a post like that? you must be either 16 years old, or an elaborate very bored troll. its kinda sad because these tunes aren't bad.. but i could not stomach being in a band with a person of this caliber personality.

toggletoggle post by nekronautnli at Nov 8,2010 9:30pm
ITT: OP is a fucking retard and a dick and thus nobody with half a brain joins his band

toggletoggle post by w3 mobilized at Nov 8,2010 9:49pm
ITT. XgodzillaX

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 9,2010 7:21am
you guys are all fucking faggots, stop telling me what to fucking do, if i wanted you in the band i would have asked you already, seriously, stfu and lets get back to the point of this thread

WRITE A METALCORE SONG ABOUT IT

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Nov 9,2010 8:16am

yeah...so you think anyone reading this would actually wanna join your band?

Your music sucks, and you're an asshole.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Nov 9,2010 11:04am
lol how can you expect anyone to take you seriously after a post like that? you must be either 16 years old, or an elaborate very bored troll. its kinda sad because these tunes aren't bad.. but i could not stomach being in a band with a person of this caliber personality.

Def a bored troll.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 9,2010 12:10pm
like bored enough to actually make a half-assed instrumental recording or playoff someone else's as his own. god i hope thats true.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Nov 9,2010 12:59pm
Trolling to promote what music he/she already has.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Nov 9,2010 1:22pm
I heard from a little birdie that it's Matt from Manic Repressive.. whoever they are

toggletoggle post by Americalovesdonuts at Nov 9,2010 4:34pm
Alright I really don't care but I just figured I'd clarify..Although I don't really disagree with the person who posted under my username (that's what i get for not logging in) I didn't actually write all the "faggot stuff". The only things I said were the original ad and an update of how I posted the streaming files so people that were complaining about the mediafire links could stream the songs as pathetic as I think it is, the objective is for people to listen to the tunes so there ya go.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Nov 9,2010 4:52pm
w3%20mobilized said[orig][quote]
ITT. XgodzillaX

toggletoggle post by Americalovesdonuts at Nov 9,2010 5:05pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes

Are you actually looking for a band at all?

toggletoggle post by eddiethecruiser at Nov 15,2010 5:45pm
bump

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 15,2010 5:53pm edited Nov 15,2010 5:54pm
Americalovesdonuts said[orig][quote]
Alright I really don't care but I just figured I'd clarify..Although I don't really disagree with the person who posted under my username (that's what i get for not logging in) I didn't actually write all the "faggot stuff". The only things I said were the original ad and an update of how I posted the streaming files so people that were complaining about the mediafire links could stream the songs as pathetic as I think it is, the objective is for people to listen to the tunes so there ya go.

in that case.. good luck sir. also i suggest logging into avoid trollish behavior.

toggletoggle post by americalovesdonuts at Nov 16,2010 2:49pm
bump

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Depraved Metamorphic Synthesis
[default homepage] [print][7:26:57pm May 04,2024
load time 0.02053 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]