New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Need help with Bova related homework by xmikex on Sep 29,2010 11:42am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 29,2010 11:42am
I'm taking a class on online video, and we're discussing the power of memes in the online community. My assignment for this week is to pick a meme and examine it's incarnations through a 1-2 page paper or 2-4 min video.

If I can finagle it with the professor I'd like to make a video about the overnight sensation of Rich Bova and how he went from small joke to internet laughing stock through lolz and Bovashops. It's hardly on par with Chocolate Rain or Pedobear but I think it would be an interesting examination considering I (like most of you) were there from the very beginning and took part in making the legend of Bova grow.

If you'd like to help please post your favorite Bova threads, quotes, and pictures.

toggletoggle post by Kadoog-a-go-go at Sep 29,2010 11:47am
Holy hell I just searched BOVA in discussion and there are WAY more threads than I thought. I'd say just comb through the initial thread and you'll be golden.

Also, who the fuck is Bovachevos? Did they name themselves after THE Bova or is it just coincidence?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 29,2010 11:49am
I was inspired to write an 8bit Bova chiptune but I doubt that helps.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 29,2010 11:57am
Best bovashops were your NBA jam one, as well as bobnomaamrooney's back to the future one

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 29,2010 12:10pm
wait wait wait... what is this about something being bigger than bova? sacrilegious! everyone knows that
45 Billion Years BCE

Bova forms in the celestial ether, an already wizened Dwyer looks on with disgust at this new creature.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 29,2010 12:19pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
wait wait wait... what is this about something being bigger than bova? sacrilegious! everyone knows that
45 Billion Years BCE

Bova forms in the celestial ether, an already wizened Dwyer looks on with disgust at this new creature.

...yeah maybe I'll just make a paper mache volcano.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 29,2010 12:36pm
bova transends memes

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 29,2010 12:37pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][12:58:45pm May 15,2024
load time 0.00916 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]