New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Going to the bar alone? by Lamp nli on Sep 19,2010 10:35pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Sep 19,2010 10:35pm
I am curious as to what people here think about this.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 19,2010 10:44pm
i do it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 19,2010 10:44pm
but I also go to the movies alone, concerts alone.

toggletoggle post by Lester__Burnham at Sep 19,2010 10:46pm
good way to get to know the bar tender

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Sep 19,2010 10:55pm
ill go to the bar by myself if i know there is going to be people i know there.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Sep 19,2010 11:33pm
I dont like sitting at my house drinking. Dont like going to a bar just to go to a bar. Need there to be a show or entertainment or a bunch of friends. The only time I ever go to the bar alone is a strip club when I have extra money and nothing to do. Been a while.

toggletoggle post by nekronautnli at Sep 19,2010 11:41pm
I do it.

Bring a book, have a shot and a beer, shit is relaxing. Gets you out of the house and before gets too late you can leave and not worry about leaving early and bumming out your buddies.

toggletoggle post by Wallflower at Sep 19,2010 11:44pm
If there are video games, they will be played. News/book will be read. TV will be watched. Alcohol will be consumed. NBD.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 20,2010 12:16am
Does my house count as a bar?

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Sep 20,2010 12:23am edited Sep 20,2010 12:25am
I go to Ralph's by myself all the time. It's like the show Cheers because everyone knows my name. Plus, I work 2nd shift, so it's one of the few places where I can socialize late at night, and I'm guaranteed to run into at least one person who isn't a total idiot. Plus, Crazy Dan enthusiastically sings karaoke there on Wednesdays.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 1:22am
randy and samantha are confused since they are still meaning friends.

toggletoggle post by Paul CNV at Sep 20,2010 1:24am
I go to one bar alone... and it's because of Keno... I will hit the 5 spot...It will be mine

toggletoggle post by remotekilgore at Sep 20,2010 1:59am
Drinking alone is a sign you don't like to put up with other peole's bullshit.

toggletoggle post by beelze at Sep 20,2010 2:03am
remotekilgore said[orig][quote]
Drinking alone is a sign you don't like to put up with other peole's bullshit.

FUCK YEAH!

Well said.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 20,2010 6:56am
I constantly go to the bar alone. I don't mind one bit.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Sep 20,2010 8:25am
I do it sometimes to watch sports games, i only have the free basic HD tv receiver in my house, so i get only some of the sports i wanna watch, so when i really wanna see a game i'll go to the bar by myself. There's this one bar in southie that has the oldest bad-assest bartender in the city, and 1 dollar drafts, so i can watch a whole game and spend 20 bucks. It's awesome.

nekronautnli said[orig][quote]
I do it.

Bring a book, have a shot and a beer, shit is relaxing. Gets you out of the house and before gets too late you can leave and not worry about leaving early and bumming out your buddies.

I've also read at bars... which i quickly realized was lame.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 20,2010 8:30am
Going to a bar while not playing a concert (or least attending a concert)? I don't think if I've EVER done that and I've been legal to drink for over a decade... one gets more bang for their buck at the packie.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Sep 20,2010 8:30am edited Sep 20,2010 8:33am
The only time I drink by myself is when I'm practicing bass. Otherwise I find drinking alone pointless and lacking in fun. I don't get why people go to bars unless there is a purpose (some form of entertainment or meeting up with friends). There are no free hugs at the end of the night for the loners.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 8:39am
hm... hugs... i remember what those are like.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Sep 20,2010 8:49am
I'll give you hugs next time i see you.

toggletoggle post by nekronautnli at Sep 20,2010 9:19am
boxxy- Whitey's?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 20,2010 10:35am
i LOVE drinking alone for some reason. not that i'm averse to drinking with people, but i have no problems at all getting shitfaced by myself. quite often in the winter i'll just stay in and get loaded. i can get really drunk and yell at movies and not disrupt anyone. i enjoy going to the bar alone too, sometimes i just like to sit there and not be bothered, i like the vibe of a good bar. when it comes to alcohol, i guess overall i don't care who i'm with or where i am.

toggletoggle post by c.dEaD at Sep 20,2010 10:40am
I don't go to the bar period. I would rather drink in my practice space with friends or alone on my couch with a 6 pack. Never understood the appeal of bars. I don't like meeting new people. I have enough idiots in my life.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Sep 20,2010 10:44am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
sometimes i just like to sit there and not be bothered, i like the vibe of a good bar.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Sep 20,2010 11:15am
nekronautnli said[orig][quote]
boxxy- Whitey's?

whitey's doesn't really exist anymore, but yeah.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 20,2010 11:18am
I drink alone... yah with nobody else. And you know when I drink alone? - I prefer to be by myself.

toggletoggle post by Slag nli at Sep 20,2010 11:19am
I used to go alone quite often. I still go during the summer time and pick up a nice cigar. I then proceed to an outside bar, grab a delightful beverage and enjoy myself. It is plenty relaxing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 12:17pm
c.dEaD said[orig][quote]
I don't go to the bar period. I would rather drink in my practice space with friends or alone on my couch with a 6 pack. Never understood the appeal of bars. I don't like meeting new people. I have enough idiots in my life.
good drinks and food is why I go to bars alone.

toggletoggle post by c.dEaD at Sep 20,2010 12:21pm
Why buy a single beer when I can go to the store and a get a 6 pack for the same price and not be bothered? Food and drink is different, that's going out to eat.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 12:24pm
when I go to the bar alone, it's usually to get nachos and margaritas. the gayer the drink looks, the more that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to drink it.

toggletoggle post by c.dEaD at Sep 20,2010 12:28pm
I feel so awkward when I order a sex on the beach from a dude. It's even worse when he repeats the order back to you.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 20,2010 12:49pm
Slag%20nli said[orig][quote]
I used to go alone quite often. I still go during the summer time and pick up a nice cigar. I then proceed to an outside bar, grab a delightful beverage and enjoy myself. It is plenty relaxing.

The Dive FTW

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Sep 20,2010 12:52pm
c.dEaD said[orig][quote]
I feel so awkward when I order a sex on the beach from a dude. It's even worse when he repeats the order back to you.

I wish you were a bartender, I'd order sex on the beach and slippery nipples from you all day.

toggletoggle post by c.dEaD at Sep 20,2010 12:55pm
There is a drink called a blowjob you know. I would take your order all day hun.

toggletoggle post by asscheek at Sep 20,2010 1:27pm
c.dEaD said[orig][quote]

he would rather order a shot from a horse

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Sep 20,2010 1:28pm edited Sep 20,2010 1:29pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
I drink alone... yah with nobody else. And you know when I drink alone? - I prefer to be by myself.

Lemme guess what you order...one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 1:29pm
I want an abortion right about now.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Sep 20,2010 1:30pm
11th trimester or you're a pussy.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 20,2010 1:44pm
i_am_not_me said[orig][quote]
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]

Lemme guess what you order...one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer?

Bad to teh Bone

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Sep 20,2010 6:44pm
during the world cup i was at the bar alone all the time. Its hard to find people to watch soccer gamers period, let alone soccer games mid week at 10am...this actually still applies to soccer games not just the world cup. Most premier league games i watch are early and i only have like 3 friends into it and i dont have cable....so im at the bar alone by 9am.

toggletoggle post by chernoybl at Sep 20,2010 6:48pm
yeah but if you're really bored and you go to the bar alone and some fight breaks out, thats always fun to watch.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 20,2010 8:15pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
during the world cup i was at the bar alone all the time. Its hard to find people to watch soccer gamers period, let alone soccer games mid week at 10am...this actually still applies to soccer games not just the world cup. Most premier league games i watch are early and i only have like 3 friends into it and i dont have cable....so im at the bar alone by 9am.
alcoholism?

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 20,2010 8:26pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
but I also go to the movies alone, concerts alone.

do you take pictures at the movies too???

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Sep 20,2010 10:30pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i LOVE drinking alone for some reason. not that i'm averse to drinking with people, but i have no problems at all getting shitfaced by myself. quite often in the winter i'll just stay in and get loaded. i can get really drunk and yell at movies and not disrupt anyone. i enjoy going to the bar alone too, sometimes i just like to sit there and not be bothered, i like the vibe of a good bar. when it comes to alcohol, i guess overall i don't care who i'm with or where i am.

"So you sit home drinking alone, empty bottle in your hand..."

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 20,2010 11:13pm
SOLUTION: All you lonely bastards posting about going to bars alone should get together and go to a bar sometime.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 21,2010 9:06am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

You see, i thought this thread was about going to the bar alone, not drinking alone. I LOVE drinking alone. although i only let myself do it once or twice a week. I've always felt that way about all inebriates. Not that i mind company, cause i don't, i just really enjoy laying back in my lazy boy with with a glass of wine/scoth in one hand, and a book in the other. My other favorite thing to do whilst drinking alone is set up my PA right next to my drumset and hooking my MP3 player into it, then jam along with some records... while getting hammered. That rules... but actually trying to practice drums while drinking does NOT work, it's actually can be bad for your drumming.

toggletoggle post by TIMMA at Sep 21,2010 9:12am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i can get really drunk and yell at movies and not disrupt anyone.

I do this all the time. In addition, instead of movies, I also enjoy yelling at pre-pubescent rednecks on Xbox Live whilst hammerfaced.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 21,2010 9:13am
yeah, Modern Warfare 2 is GREAT drunk.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 21,2010 9:14am
ya know, i don't do em anymore, but I always liked doing drugs by myself too... but that's a lot more normal than drinking by myself.

Tripping by yourself is the best. You can pick your favorite music, get REALLY comfortable, and ignore the entire world.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 21,2010 10:36am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

You see, i thought this thread was about going to the bar alone, not drinking alone. I LOVE drinking alone. although i only let myself do it once or twice a week. I've always felt that way about all inebriates. Not that i mind company, cause i don't, i just really enjoy laying back in my lazy boy with with a glass of wine/scoth in one hand, and a book in the other. My other favorite thing to do whilst drinking alone is set up my PA right next to my drumset and hooking my MP3 player into it, then jam along with some records... while getting hammered. That rules... but actually trying to practice drums while drinking does NOT work, it's actually can be bad for your drumming.

i was just responding to Josh saying he doesn't like drinking alone. yeah i don't drink as much as people think i do, i rarely ever touch hard alcohol, i just drink beer mostly. even then i only drink heavily on weekends. during the week i'll have a few beers with dinner or after work, but usually never anything more than that.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 21,2010 10:38am
TIMMA said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i can get really drunk and yell at movies and not disrupt anyone.

I do this all the time. In addition, instead of movies, I also enjoy yelling at pre-pubescent rednecks on Xbox Live whilst hammerfaced.

the best game to play while shitfaced is Burnout Revenge for PS2. i can usually make it about 3 seconds before i'm in a huge wreck.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 21,2010 11:02am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

i was just responding to Josh saying he doesn't like drinking alone. yeah i don't drink as much as people think i do, i rarely ever touch hard alcohol, i just drink beer mostly. even then i only drink heavily on weekends. during the week i'll have a few beers with dinner or after work, but usually never anything more than that.

Tony-
why are you getting defensive after that statement? I only stated that i don't drink more than twice a week by myself, i wasn't attacking you for being an alcoholic. But obviously you're in denial, so you must have a problem, wanna come to a NA meeting with me?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 21,2010 11:47am
If I'm at the bar alone and don't know anyone, I often browse/post on this shitty site while consuming delicious beer.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Sep 21,2010 11:50am
I mostly drink/get high alone... it's a hell of a lot easier than having to entertain people or go somewhere while drunk or high. I posted this thread mostly because I have been feeling pretty lonely lately but in all honesty probably not enough to go to a bar by myself. Was just looking for second opinions.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Sep 21,2010 11:50am
I go to bars alone all the time....I'm a sad sack

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Sep 21,2010 12:06pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
If I'm at the bar alone and don't know anyone, I often browse/post on this shitty site while consuming delicious beer.

I am 110% guilty of this.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Sep 21,2010 12:13pm
Lamp%20nli said[orig][quote]
I mostly drink/get high alone... it's a hell of a lot easier than having to entertain people or go somewhere while drunk or high. I posted this thread mostly because I have been feeling pretty lonely lately but in all honesty probably not enough to go to a bar by myself. Was just looking for second opinions.

go to the bar alone or you're a....

nekronaut said[orig][quote]

Ditto. Or talking with whatever stranger decides it's a good idea to chat it up with the one asian in the bar.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2010 12:17pm
nekronaut said[orig][quote]

Ditto. Or talking with whatever stranger decides it's a good idea to chat it up with the one asian in the bar.
ditto.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Mythical Corpulent Pustules
[default homepage] [print][9:07:33pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02424 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]