New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SAT 9/4 - THE 2010 CONNECTICUT METALFEST - Suicide Dream, Shotgun Trust, Recoil, Engraved, Katahdin, Eyes of Wrath, Face First, and Save The Day FREE DINNER INCLUDED (Pizza, Hot Dogs, Chili, Fries, Cole Slaw) and All Drinks $3.50 Or Less! by ShadowSD on Aug 12,2010 4:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
September 2010red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 12,2010 4:50pm edited Aug 12,2010 5:13pm
The 2010 Connecticut MetalFest

Saturday, September 4 at The Outdoor Pavilion

Suicide Dream
Shotgun Trust
Recoil
Engraved
Katahdin
Eyes of Wrath
Face First
Save The Day

All Ages, 21+ to drink, 6 pm, $15 in advance, $25 at the door, Rain or Shine

Ticket Price Includes Dinner: Pizza, Hot Dogs, Chili, Fries, Cole Slaw Served From 6:00 - 6:30 pm

Located at 116 Club Road in Windham, CT (Across From Graveyard/Next To AT&T) - Top of the Driveway

Drinks at this place are all $3.00/$3.50 and it is green friendly (all who wish to partake will be taken care of as part of their price of admission as well).

Order your tickets in advance through the bands and save ten bucks, our band's contact e-mail for getting tickets is shadowsd@snet.net

http://www.suicide-dream.com
http://www.myspace.com/shotgun_trust
http://www.myspace.com/recoilakpk
http://www.myspace.com/engraved666
http://www.myspace.com/katahdin08
http://www.myspace.com/eyesofwrathct
http://www.myspace.com/gofacefirst

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 12,2010 5:06pm edited Aug 13,2010 12:55pm

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 12,2010 5:31pm
Nifty!

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 12,2010 7:43pm
Wow, I really need to find a way to resize that flyer, at least for posting it here.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 13,2010 12:56pm
There we go, that's better.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 13,2010 1:41pm
Last year during the intermission of our set we took care of the whole crowd, this year will be no different (except even better quality). It's a CTMetalFest tradition.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Aug 13,2010 1:57pm
I wonder if Save the Day is aware of Saves the Day

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 13,2010 2:19pm
That's what I asked them when they approached me about opening the show, the guitarist said there was an interesting story to the band name but it ended up being one of those onion on my belt stories in that he never told the end of it.

toggletoggle post by bigred   at Aug 13,2010 5:30pm
Fuck Yeah

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 14,2010 9:50am

toggletoggle post by haupty at Aug 14,2010 2:05pm
RustyPS%20should%20be%20working said[orig][quote]
I wonder if Save the Day is aware of Saves the Day

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 15,2010 1:47pm
They're in high school, so I guess they're not as worried about that kind of stuff. They're just doing a quick ten minute set to open the show.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 16,2010 12:27pm edited Aug 16,2010 12:28pm
I should also mention that parking at this place is FREE. Usually going to something like this you have to pay a lot for parking and then a lot for food and then a lot for a single beer, here the parking is free, the food is free, and drinks are cheap.

toggletoggle post by hauptpflucker   at Aug 16,2010 2:26pm
That's ironic, I unfortunately listened to Saves the Day when I was in high school. Pittsfield MA sucks

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 17,2010 11:16am
Sheetpan pepperoni pizza will be provided by Mama's Pizza, Ken's Famous Chili with Fries and Cole Slaw will be provided by Murphy's, and hot dogs will be grilled on-site by our drummer.

toggletoggle post by Godzilla NLI at Aug 17,2010 12:47pm
Is Suicide Dream really the headlining band? Or did you just put your name bigger than all of the other band names because you think you're better than all of them? Even if you wanna put your name on top, at least make it the same SIZE as the other logos. You're not even really metal, it's more like hard, goth-rock.

Katahdin rules.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2010 12:54pm edited Aug 17,2010 12:54pm
their headlining because they are putting the whole thing together. and ya they are metal

toggletoggle post by Godzilla NLI at Aug 17,2010 12:56pm
You play in Skaphism right? You don't make your logo twice the size of other bands logos when you book shows, do you?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2010 1:08pm
its Scaphism. and typically no...but why does it matter? its just flyer.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 17,2010 1:19pm edited Aug 17,2010 1:19pm
phism

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 17,2010 1:51pm
hahahah, ska-phism. now THAT'S a good one.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2010 1:55pm
now playing with a full Horn-y section

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 17,2010 2:03pm
nice. can i be part of the "Horn-y" section? I can just dance around like a fool. Almost like your own personal "bosstone".

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2010 2:07pm edited Aug 17,2010 2:08pm
ha i remember that dude... they just paid him to dance on stage like jackass. what a great job that must have been.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 17,2010 2:10pm
seriously. Except, it PROBABLY didn't have a retirement plan... and you gotta think, what would you do for a living after all you had to do for a decade was dance around like a fat idiot? I hate to say it, but that dude probably had a real hard time adjusting to normal life. I hope he killed himself.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 17,2010 2:16pm
i'm sure he took up a rewarding career as a cracksmoking degenerate

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 17,2010 2:16pm
nice, maybe THEN he killed himself.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 17,2010 6:44pm
Godzilla%20NLI said[orig][quote]
Or did you just put your name bigger than all of the other band names because you think you're better than all of them?

I didn't even make the flyer, don't get sand in your vagina. I don't even have the software to do it, and it was not made by anyone in our band. Feel stupid now?

And we are obviously metal, or you have not seen us live, there's as much thrash and power metal in our music as there is gothic metal.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2010 11:56am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
phism

"I don't rape a santeria... (oh wait maybe I do)"

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 21,2010 8:40am edited Aug 22,2010 10:39am
Also wanted to point out (because of that other comment) that this is really the last show to accuse support bands not getting a fair shake in comparison to the headliner, since the food is being served at the beginning specifically to get everyone there early so all the bands playing at the beginning have a big crowd, if we really were looking out for only ourselves we'd just have the food right before we played. Instead we're encouraging everyone to get there over four hours before we hit the stage, with the hopes that we can hold most of them there as a headliner for the duration of the night; that's hardly a way to stack the deck in our favor. Also the reason we are headliner is not just because we're putting it on, it's because we are putting a higher demand on ourselves than the other bands in terms of draw, based on our proven ability to do that in the past, an ability that wasn't there until after many years of us paying dues as a band in 2002-2003 where we played almost a hundred smaller shows we didn't headline. It took us a long time and a lot of work to get to where we were headlining on a regular basis. I wouldn't want people to think we just arbitrarily stuck ourselves in there.

toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Aug 21,2010 9:34am
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by choices choices... at Aug 21,2010 10:53am
Boobies are aiight

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Aug 21,2010 4:29pm
lol a band called save the day.

toggletoggle post by connect a cunt at Aug 21,2010 6:20pm
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
lol a band called save the day.

theres no free credit report bands on this show sorry sonny boy

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 22,2010 10:26am
Slag%20NLI said[orig][quote]
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 22,2010 10:34am
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 23,2010 3:33pm
I feel better now that we're on topic.

toggletoggle post by chips and salsa at Aug 23,2010 3:35pm
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 23,2010 3:39pm
chips%20and%20salsa said[orig][quote]
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by William Alexander at Aug 23,2010 3:50pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 23,2010 4:27pm
William%20Alexander said[orig][quote]
I like tits and ass. face down, ass up. THAT'S the way i like to fuck. that is all

toggletoggle post by William Alexander at Aug 23,2010 4:54pm
I like tits and ass. face down, ass up. THAT'S the way i like to fuck. that is all

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 23,2010 9:15pm
The irony is that I saw a ton of boobs the day before yesterday at Ozzfest. Didn't plan on going given so many weak bands but a few friends who were going had chipped in on an extra lawn ticket for me, figured it would be good for promoting CTMetalFest if nothing else (and it was - I sold almost twenty tickets there, handed out a shitload of flyers, and got the OK from Stephen Wayne for WCCC to push it on-air during their Saturday night metal show this week)

But yeah, lots of boobies - and the three main acts were so good that I was surprised, each better than the last; I can't believe how good Ozzy's new band is and how Vince Neil and Mick Mars sound better than they have in twenty years. I was sure both Crue and Ozzy would have continued deteriorating live, not to have bounced back like this, it was the last thing I expected. I also think all the shitty metalcore for most of the show is a direct effort to make the bands at the end sound even better in comparison, kind of the same as how only Ozzy's band members and guitar solos got close-ups on the video screen, or how most bands are stuck on the second stage even though the main stage is empty at the time - all unnecessary handicaps considering how good things genuinely sounded for the last few bands successively. At least the place is big enough that you can walk away from and ignore the crap bands, and the unexpected appearance of Kenny from Type O added a lot to the band he filled in for, which would have otherwise been pretty uninteresting. Plus got to meet a ton of cool people.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 24,2010 10:38am
People there were pretty psyched about the idea of $3 beers since the beers that day were $11 dollars, fucking ridiculous.

Of course, that's why I just bought some 151 at the packie and drank it throughout the day.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 26,2010 1:05pm

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 28,2010 2:49pm
One week from today.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 28,2010 4:26pm
For those of you who get 106.9 WCCC, CTMetalFest will be mentioned in the midnight metal concert report tonight.

toggletoggle post by hugo dong at Aug 28,2010 4:37pm
I like boobs.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 29,2010 2:19pm
Set Times:

10:15 Suicide Dream
9:10 Shotgun Trust
8:25 Engraved
7:45 Katahdin
7:05 Eyes of Wrath
6:25 Face First
6:00 Save The Day

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 30,2010 2:33pm
The reason this place is so cool with people smoking is because it's a part of a private property, so you can do it completely in the open. WICKED laid back. This is really the most fun venue we play, and my favorite as far as sound goes.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 31,2010 5:42pm
By the way, I got an answer on the mystery of the first band's name finally, they had NOT heard of Saves The Day when they named their band. I suppose being in high school, it was before their time (although in my case, despite being a lot older, I've never heard a single song by Saves the Day even though I've heard their name)

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 1,2010 12:07am
Things are looking good so far, over a hundred twenty five tickets have been sold already and that's not even counting two bands I still have yet to hear back from on their totals.

toggletoggle post by I_am_not_me   at Sep 1,2010 1:37am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
phism

"I don't rape a santeria... (oh wait maybe I do)"

Scaphism should totally cover Date Rape.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 1,2010 5:48pm
Heh.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 3,2010 4:38pm
Windham is in Northeastern CT, about twenty miles south of the MA border and twenty miles west of the RI border, so it's not too bad a ride, hope to see a lot of you out there.

toggletoggle post by bigred   at Sep 4,2010 3:26pm
FUCK YEAH leavin in a few

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 6,2010 9:29pm
Wow, what a great time, night just got better and better as it went on. Joints of kindbud everywhere, tons of food, and kick ass metal, thank you to all the bands who played and made this night a success, the final ticket count was close to one-hundred thirty tickets sold.

I see now why Engraved has such good word of mouth, they are just a great band, their guitar harmonies sounded especially sick in that place. Shotgun Trust was just INCREDIBLE with their covers of Children of The Sea/Holy Diver and Bark at the Moon, the singer/bassist does the vocals to a tee and their guitarist is Zakk Wylde Part 2.

As for the rest of the night, Katahdin was even better than the last time I saw them, and it was good to see Eyes of Wrath and Face First for the first time. Save The Day's singer blew, but their guitarist and drummer have potential considering this was their first show and they canned the singer the next day, so I'm confident they can improve with time, they're only in ninth or tenth grade.

Overall just an awesome night, and I can't wait until we play this place again on October 9.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][2:41:44pm May 09,2024
load time 0.03368 secs/14 queries]
[search][refresh page]