New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> NACHZEHRER "Black Thrash Ritual" review on Hell Furnace by nekronautnli on Jun 1,2010 5:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by nekronautnli at Jun 1,2010 5:46pm
http://hellfurnace.com/2010/06/nachzehrer-black-thrash-ritual/

Check it out! Also, review for DARKWOR'S "Foederati" posted too!

As suggested by the title of their debut demo Nachzehrer tout themselves as Black Thrash. I wouldn’t normally review such a release, not because I dislike the style but because it falls outside the purpose of this site. Anyway, this American five-piece skimp so much on the Thrash part that, aside from a few riffs, it comes across as pure raw Black to my damaged ears.

Right from the beginning of ‘Incestual Demoncy’ there is interesting and brisk riffing that is supported by grotty howling and a thunderous percussion. It really gets going with ‘Onward to Hellfrost’ which is seemingly marinaded in Scandinavian influence with a fairly intricate beginning which builds with a bitter atmosphere. There is considerable power in the music at medium pace without resorting to an all out barrage, which it does do for brief periods. Its a fine composition of spitting anger.

‘Plague Bringer: Death March Commence’ is the most thrashy of the tracks but belts your ears like a harsh punishment. I like the chorus riff that utilises basic but clever harmony to create a fast and catchy pit worthy assault. Finally ‘Bärsärkar-gång’ kind of rolls all of the above into a crazed storm for the first three and a half minutes until a perfectly weighted bridge section breaks the track nicely before it careers back into the reckless hammering of the start.

OOD SOLID SONG STRUCTURE AND PROGRESSION WITH MEMORABLE RIFFING
As you might expect this isn’t out to win any technical proficiency contest but features good solid song structure and progression with memorable riffing and that necrotic edge provided by the vocals. With a full length hopefully coming towards the end of the year the band have told me that they are “hoping to turn up the black the next time around too, as much of the new material is getting darker”.

On the strength of that and the caliber of this demo I strongly recommend that you check out and support Nachzehrer.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][1:06:15am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.00725 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]