New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Having a good day? Not anymore. by getloudaboutthis on May 6,2010 4:51pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by getloudaboutthis at May 6,2010 4:51pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 6,2010 4:59pm
:(

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 6,2010 5:00pm
i refuse to watch the video because i'm already having a bad enough day.

toggletoggle post by sever at May 6,2010 5:04pm
If this is what I think it is... a SWAT team raids a family over cannabis and shoots their dog to death.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 6,2010 5:11pm
yup. cant blame em though...those corgi's are giant vicious monsters.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at May 6,2010 5:35pm
If that was me, I would freaking out, man. I wouldn't be compliant at all. They shot the dog?? That accomplished nothing. I have a knot in my stomach watching this...

toggletoggle post by bradness so totally at work at May 6,2010 5:46pm
ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by death. at May 6,2010 5:52pm
This might be propaganda.. it doesn't seem very realistic. If it is real, then it truly sucks.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 6,2010 5:54pm

toggletoggle post by Gay at May 6,2010 6:07pm
That's what happens when you rely on informants. "Hell yeah he's got a lot man, big mountains of it!"

Some stool got paid $500 for that name and address because SOME pot was found.

Hilariously, the only reason they rely on snitches is our civil rights -- they can't go peeking around for stuff but they can pay people who have seen it already.

A more totalitarian state would probably clear up this problem quickly and more dogs would live.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 6,2010 6:13pm
Old news.

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at May 6,2010 6:13pm
7 shots to take out 1.5 dogs?

I sure hope they sue.

What I don't get is where they get the right to kill animals like that. I pay taxes to support swat, don't I pay taxes to support an animal control officer too? They suspect guns, send swat. Expect animals? Send animal control with em.

That kid is gonna grow up all fucked up. He's gonna turn 17 and go cut his dick off live on american idol or some shit.

toggletoggle post by GUY at May 6,2010 6:25pm
Lulz

toggletoggle post by Doomkid nli at May 6,2010 6:26pm
Or he's gonna go all Timothy McVeigh and blow the shit out the cops in Misssouri.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at May 6,2010 6:35pm
what i don't get is if this was a warrant for someone having weed...why send the swat? Why not have some cops go over knock on the door and if he ran chased him down. I am glad that most of the cops in NH are sane and respectable of criminals rights.

what I really don't get is why they didn't know his name, why have a warrant if you don't know the dudes name?>

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at May 6,2010 6:49pm
Couldn't watch the whole thing. Shoot the fucking people for all I care, just not the kid or the damn dogs.

toggletoggle post by sever at May 6,2010 6:57pm
A young kid that grows up with animals acknowledges those animals as family members. For all this kid understand, the police came and killed two of his beloved family members because daddy had a plant they didn't like.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at May 6,2010 6:59pm
I got my first dog when I was 10 I believe, and he died when I was 20. Worst day of my life man. He really was family to me.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at May 6,2010 7:05pm
one of the biggest things I hold against my family is that they put my dog of 8 years down when I was at work without even ever hinting at doing it.

got picked up one day and they told me and that was it, been heart broken ever since. When you grow up with few friends (which i didn't mind because except for the one who was killed I am still best of friends with all of kids i hung out with when I was 4) a good dog is just as much a best friend.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at May 6,2010 7:20pm
Dogs are better than people. Period. I'd much rather spend the rest of my life with a dog by my side than anything. Maybe a hooker here and there.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 6,2010 7:44pm
When I went to a pet salon not too long ago, I thought I'd heard the worst noises a dog was capable of making. This video proved me wrong really fucking fast. Sheesh.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 6,2010 8:23pm
99% of pigs are jock fucking morons. If anyone shot my dogs, they would have to shoot me too.

toggletoggle post by getloudaboutthis at May 6,2010 8:54pm
Worst part about this is they charge people with murder when police dogs are killed but the people who killed the dog have no comprehension of why that law was enacted and the emotions behind anyone who's been around a dog for 5 minutes. Daddy can drink an 18 rack a night and ignore a kid his whole life and this dude smoked a bowl and has to wake up and find out one dog was shot 6 times and died and one shot once and thank god lived. In his own fucking home. These people will never truly have a home again since the cops violated the definition of a home.

toggletoggle post by getloudaboutthis at May 6,2010 8:58pm
Also that dog did not attack, it stood its ground and defended its house and that child against someone who entered aggressively, if you did 5 hours of surveillance you would have seen 2 dogs have to shit or piss or that a child will be forever changed

toggletoggle post by Corgi at May 6,2010 9:41pm
The SWAT team was involved because the police have to have at least one SWAT member for any raid involving drugs (in Missouri), and the SWAT members get paid overtime/hazard pay for these raids. Like the cops on construction sites in MA, but with more perks like shooting pets. This raid was all about ca$h and not about drug distribution, or child endangerment.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at May 7,2010 12:54am
Drugs are illegal because cops are afraid to racially profile.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at May 7,2010 1:39am
Lamp said[orig][quote]
When I went to a pet salon not too long ago

wait wut

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at May 7,2010 9:21am
I feel dirty watching this.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at May 7,2010 9:27am
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
one of the biggest things I hold against my family is that they put my dog of 8 years down when I was at work without even ever hinting at doing it.

got picked up one day and they told me and that was it, been heart broken ever since. When you grow up with few friends (which i didn't mind because except for the one who was killed I am still best of friends with all of kids i hung out with when I was 4) a good dog is just as much a best friend.

my family did the same thing to me. We'd had my dog (a black lab named ML, for Miller light) for 16 years, he was obviously old and sick. I KNEW it was gonna happen soon, but not without me knowing while i'm at work. That's not right.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at May 7,2010 11:18am
immortal13 said[orig][quote]
Dogs are better than people. Period. I'd much rather spend the rest of my life with a dog by my side than anything. Maybe a hooker here and there.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2010 11:21am
sxealex said[orig][quote]
Lamp said[orig][quote]

wait wut
Did he lisp? oh wait, he probably did saying that.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at May 7,2010 12:10pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
99% of pigs are jock fucking morons. If anyone shot my dogs, they would have to shoot me too.

If anyone ever did that to my dog, they'd be lucky to walk away with scars. I'd flip my fucking lid! Assault charges wouldn't even cross my mind. My dog is like my baby. I still remember teaching him how to walk down the stairs. He was a clumsy, wrinkled little nutcase with massive paws and floppy ears. Now he's 11 years old, going grey, and has hip problems, but when someone comes to the door, he's as fierce and energetic as a young pup. I really can't even think about this anymore because it makes me too angry.......

toggletoggle post by ScmFck at May 7,2010 12:51pm
Being as i just recued a puppy less than two months ago, and how much i already love that little fuck, this makes me feel a little dead inside

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 7,2010 1:05pm
immortal13 said[orig][quote]

i can't own a dog where i live, but i feel this way about my cats. if i want to spend time with a bitchy and controlling creature, i'll hang out with my cats.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at May 7,2010 1:22pm
Shoot police, not animals.

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 7,2010 1:56pm
This is just more evidence that we need to outlaw law enforcement.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 7,2010 2:45pm
Law enforcement is there to do exactly that: enforce the law.
This is not enforcing the law. It is an unethical abuse of power. There's a growing divide between the citizens and police state. Yes, policemen are also people; but their bosses take orders from their bosses, who ultimatley take order from someone even higher. It is a reflection of what is soon to come, unless things change.
The best example of this abuse was the police action used last year at the G20 summit.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at May 7,2010 2:49pm edited May 7,2010 2:49pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i can't own a dog where i live, but i feel this way about my cats. if i want to spend time with a bitchy and controlling creature, i'll hang out with my cats.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at May 7,2010 2:49pm
That's actually the creepiest photo ever.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 7,2010 3:21pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2010 3:22pm
no dani filth shirt? must me photoshoped.

toggletoggle post by arkquimanthorn at May 7,2010 3:26pm
http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-05-04/new...es-inside-bed-stuy-s-81st-precinct/

Brooklyn officer starts carrying a recorder around the precinct. Basically cops are told to carry out more checks and abuses and actually file less crime reports.

Nothing to do with racial profiling and everything to do with cops getting huge hazard $$$$ for going on SWAT teams, details, everything. Only a few honorable cops out of the lot, like the anon NYPD officers letting out what's really going on.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 7,2010 3:28pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Law enforcement is there to do exactly that: enforce the law.
This is not enforcing the law. It is an unethical abuse of power. There's a growing divide between the citizens and police state. Yes, policemen are also people; but their bosses take orders from their bosses, who ultimatley take order from someone even higher. It is a reflection of what is soon to come, unless things change.
The best example of this abuse was the police action used last year at the G20 summit.

of course, entering a domicile is rife with the unexpected. lots of people have dogs that are out of control, and in a case where "drugs" are involved, might not be so quick to call the dog off. one time the cops came to a house i used to live in in Millbury that had a Bull Mastiff, the cop was flipping out and had his gun unholstered when he heard it. understandably so, i mean a Bull Mastiff is a scary sight. but these weren't Bull Mastiffs. on top of which, there are many non-lethal ways they can use to subdue a dog, especially when they are in SWAT gear. pepper spray will send any dog running unless it's an insane vicious killer. but to just open fire on small dogs with a family present is ridiculous, and you are 100% correct, it's a prime example of the rift that now exists between people and "law enforcement".

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at May 7,2010 3:33pm
I agree with everyone here. I would definitely snap if I saw a cop kill my dog, especially when my dogs are non-threatening.

toggletoggle post by arkquimanthorn at May 7,2010 3:46pm
The G20 summit and things like the recent Penn State riots are inexcusable. But you don't think cops have been taking advantage of people forever? The riots in the 60's, 20's, even back to Shays' Rebellions and govt MILITIAS... it's always a 'police state' when the abuse of power is possible...when a young cop with an itchy trigger finger is getting PAID and PROTECTED from brutal actions when the possibility of lives is at stake. This Missouri raid isn't the first and it won't be the last, when the cops know absolutely NOTHING about the type of house they are raiding (even though they should) anything is possible...

The truth is cops are trained NOT to shoot and most cops aren't cut out for something like a SWAT raid but they go through the training and certs anyway because of the $$$, and then innocents die when a cop doesn't recall their training and acts on trigger instinct. I might be rambling but careful when you say police state when cops and 'public servants' have ALWAYS been at odds with the public, themselves and their superiors (whose inclinations are ALWAYS under question)...it's tough to have morals as a cop when you need to get paid. Haven't watched the video I'm sure that team regrets a completely botched job, are they going to feel reprocussions of that or what?

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at May 7,2010 4:35pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
sxealex said[orig][quote]
Lamp said[orig][quote]

wait wut
Did he lisp? oh wait, he probably did saying that.

I work for a window cleaning company and that's one of our customers.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 7,2010 4:45pm
Ark, they have technology now that they didn't have back in the old days.
For example, there are police stations in the south which already have spy drone planes, much like the ones the CIA sends to bomb militants (or civilians, lol). At the g20 summit they were using the sound cannons against the people. this is also a new technology that debuted in the Iraq war.
Point being, as technology grows and law enforcement gets their hands on it, things are going to keep getting worse. I'm not saying that we'll live in a complete police state, but they have TOO much power and technology now.
I can't wait for HL2 to actually happen.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 7,2010 5:03pm
Actually I've almost completed constructing a gravity gun.

Satellite surveillance threat is real. Local cops shouldn't have drones, state cops is debatable, but they'd still be abused. You're absolutely right but at least that same technology can be reproduced by the public.

Sound cannons...the 'humane' riot gear, human dog whistle, curious to hear/feel what it's like to be blasted by that.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 7,2010 5:06pm
Gravity gun: the ULTIMATE WEAPON in riot supression.

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 7,2010 5:25pm
sound cannons have been used on cruise ships to ward off pirate attacks for some time.

As for abuse of technology by police. Just look at how overused tasers and stun guns have become compared to when they first came out.

It should be a basic litmus test for new recruits into law enforcement to be paired up with a companion animal in training. Similar to how convicts are paired up while incarcerated for rehab purposes. This would test to see if they have a soul and can show basic human compassion.

Unfortunately most cops today are ex military and have already been desensitized prior to taking a law enforcement job.

*quietly waits for "DON'T TASE ME BRO" remarks*

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 7,2010 5:43pm
NORML has a good little write up on this with a link to a poll by the local paper that asks if you think the actions SWAT took were justified.

http://blog.norml.org/2010/05/06/missouri-...aid-over-small-amount-of-marijuana/

my favorite line from the cops explanation:

"The pit bull acted aggressively toward a SWAT member again as they pushed into the home, which resulted in the animal being shot, he said. After being shot, it moved to attack a SWAT member, which is when the dog was killed."

Obviously a dog is going to get aggressive when it hears loud noises and sees strange people rushing into its home in the middle of the night. It thinks it needs to defend itself and its family. Had they actually waited for the people to wake up and answer the door instead of smashing it in after two quick knocks things would have been much different.

These people come off as sounding so dumb and oblivious of any wrong doing its fucking frightening.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 7,2010 5:47pm
sigh said[orig][quote]
These people come off as sounding so dumb and oblivious of any wrong doing its fucking frightening.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 7,2010 6:00pm
Legalize it. Tax it. Smoke it.
That's the only way we can prevent future dog deaths.

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 7,2010 6:21pm
Not going to happen with this administration and our current Secretary of State saying we need more troops on the border to stem the violence from the drug cartels.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62M48S20100323

"These narcotics cartels are waging war on civil society," Clinton told a news conference, pledging that the joint U.S.-Mexican response would not be bound by "borders or bureaucratic divisions."

There's that police state you were talking about again. And if this civil society she speaks of is the same in which cops burst into houses shooting pets than I would rather live uncivilized.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at May 8,2010 2:15pm
We DO need the troops on the border, and we definitely need them to be pretty hardcore! The people who are working on things from that side need to be fearless and very aggressive to even match their opponent. People are being beheaded, dismembered, throwninto mass graves and at best, being tortured and held for ransom. The cartels are doing things in real life that sound like death metal song titles. Still, there's a huge difference between fighting the traffic on the border and breaking down a family's door in the middle of the night for a little weed. Our government definitely needs to keep its guard up against the Mexican drug cartels which, today, are as ruthless as the Colombian cartels were 20-30 years ago.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/02/mexico.drug.violence/index.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/09/m...can-drug-violence-spi_n_165422.html

I support legalizing (or at least decriminalizing) weed, and legalizing it might reduce drug crime, but its not a total solution. There are too many other illegal substances out there being abused by people worldwide. Mexico has been pumping methamphetamine (for example) across the border like crazy lately. And I don't know what you know about meth, but its a really fucked up drug with far reaching consequences. Just living in a house that was previously used as a meth lab can kill you. Anyway, point is that I don't think the Secretary of State / DEA are creating a police state by trying harder to protect the borders. I think its necessary. Still, the issue that this thread started as, barely qualifies as part of the "war on drugs"... its just another example of cops being huge douchebags.
Ooookay. Guess that was my rant for the day.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at May 8,2010 5:05pm
Yeah, to get rid of the cartels you'd have to legalize all drugs or nothing, and meth just shouldn't be legal. The new AZ immigration laws, leaving out the civil rights issues, aren't even close to a solution either.

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 8,2010 7:47pm
Adding more troops to the border is only going to create more potential beheaded bodies. It won't have the positive effect they seem to think it will.

Just legalizing only weed won't solve the problem entirely, but it would be a huge blow to the cartels financially. Of course they will still have other income sources but it is a bigger bang for our buck than adding more troops in the line of fire.

The whole drug war thing is just stupid. Meth is scary shit that should not exist, but it does. But I have to wonder would we be better off producing and regulating it ourselves for the purpose of rehabilitating current addicts or continue letting mexico flood the market. At least if we produce it on our own it could be made in a more pure/safer form (as far as meth goes). Think the nicotine patch but for meth heads.

toggletoggle post by sigh at May 8,2010 7:55pm
ValkyrieScreams said[orig][quote]
Anyway, point is that I don't think the Secretary of State / DEA are creating a police state by trying harder to protect the borders.

I was only mentioning the police state based on her choice of words "will not be bound by borders", which I may interpret as the same tactics they will use abroad for the drug war will also be employed at home.

Which based on this video of these cops being dildos has already been happening for some time now anyway. The video does relate to the drug war since the policies that have been put in place gave the police the authority to perform this bullshit raid.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at May 8,2010 10:50pm edited May 8,2010 10:51pm
arkquimanthorn said[orig][quote]
in the 60's, 20's, even back to Shays' Rebellions and govt MILITIAS... it's always a 'police state'

+50 points for making a useful reference to Shays' Rebellion.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][6:21:56am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.04580 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]