New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Big Brother opens shop in Boston, Somerville, Cambridge by TheRidersofDoom on May 3,2010 11:40am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at May 3,2010 11:40am
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...boston_and_surrounding_communities/

They just briefly touched on this today on NPR radio.

I guess you can say hello to Cambridge looking even more like it's in England.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 3,2010 11:41am
great.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at May 3,2010 11:44am
doubleplusungood

toggletoggle post by slag nli at May 3,2010 11:49am
big brother is watching you fap at work

toggletoggle post by bloblovesmusic at May 3,2010 11:54am
haha, Brookline tried to do that, but then the people "revolted" by complaining to the town meeting people. Not sure what happened in the end, but yeah.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 3,2010 12:04pm
This ain't nothin compared to London. That whole city is watched. They even put some up in houses.

But yea, don't think your rights can be stripped because of "terrorists"

toggletoggle post by Doomkid nli at May 3,2010 1:15pm
Being monitored by electronics is the price we pay to live in this age.

Don't like it? Kill yourself.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 3,2010 1:27pm
Doomkid%20nli said[orig][quote]

Don't like it? move to the wilderness and get away from sheeple. .

fixd

toggletoggle post by Billy "Stinky" McDinkelton at May 3,2010 1:31pm
When my lady got gang raped last year in an alley off Landsdowne, where the fuck were the Billys then? Now they want me to watch me piss and piss drunk in the streets of my fuckin city. No way. Not me. Fucking sallys. Go fuck ya self Bobby Government. You and that facist president Muhammed of yours can get bat raped by YOUUUUK.

toggletoggle post by Pires at May 3,2010 1:33pm
Not for nothing, but you're in PUBLIC. What terrible crimes are you guys trying to commit that everyone is so riled up about cameras being installed in PUBLIC. Big fucking deal. Cops can see everything going on. If it deters a rape, robbery, assault, then great. If you don't like cameras being put up, don't leave your house.

toggletoggle post by ARKTOUROS at May 3,2010 1:39pm
Really, traffic cams have been in use for decades...as much as I hate the terrorist fear mongering, a camera watching a port is a camera watching a port. If the cops manage to pick you out of a crowd shooting up H, you should probably find a bathroom, and they have better things to do anyway (assuming).

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 3,2010 1:43pm
The problem is nothing new. It has the potentional for large scale abuse.
I don't really care too much unless this gets out of hand, like London.
1984 is something which is creeping up on us, but as Pires says, it can be good for crime (in some cases).
As long as our rights aren't stripped anymore and the police remember they are PUBLIC SERVANTS then I'm ok with it. But if these start popping up everywhere you go, that's a problem.

toggletoggle post by deadlikemurf  at May 3,2010 2:18pm
ummm.. slow news day? Boston's had a shitton of cameras up since the Democratic National Convention.. the funny thing is how a bunch of them are in the hood... they do use them and they are pretty powerful (enough to read a plate off a car at a block away or more) but tbh they don't really utilize them... most often they are used after a crime such as a person shot or a person stabbed in order to get a suspects direction of flight etc.. and even then that is very rare.. they have been used a couple of times to actually determine who a shooter/suspect was because the fucking idiot was dumb enough to pull out a gun and shoot it on camera.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at May 3,2010 2:36pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
This ain't nothin compared to London.

That's the honest troof.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at May 3,2010 2:39pm

fixd

http://www.islandpacket.com/2010/03/15/117...-forest-service-admits-putting.html

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at May 3,2010 2:44pm

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 3,2010 5:17pm
MikeofdecrepitudE said[orig][quote]

fixd

http://www.islandpacket.com/2010/03/15/117...-forest-service-admits-putting.html

I'M IN UR CAMP WATCHIN U SMOKE WEEDZ

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at May 3,2010 6:30pm
Only terrorists do not like this plan. Hear the Wolf's call!!!

toggletoggle post by Abolish the Rules Made of Stone at May 3,2010 7:35pm
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...boston_and_surrounding_communities/

They just briefly touched on this today on NPR radio.

I guess you can say hello to Cambridge looking even more like it's in England.

OMFG IT'S THE REPUBLICANS

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 4,2010 7:43am
Pires said[orig][quote]
Not for nothing, but you're in PUBLIC. What terrible crimes are you guys trying to commit that everyone is so riled up about cameras being installed in PUBLIC. Big fucking deal. Cops can see everything going on. If it deters a rape, robbery, assault, then great. If you don't like cameras being put up, don't leave your house.

i completely disagree. like that saying i absolutely despise "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about". that is exactly the type of statement that allows us to feel it's ok to be monitored and scrutinized every second. i like to know that i can go out and about without being watched. yes, it might deter a crime, but just how many will it actually stop? not nearly enough to justify it's presence. a monitored society is not a free society.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at May 4,2010 11:25am
an armed society is a polite society.

Guns not cameras!

How many armed robberies happen in all of NH compared to just boston.

It's a fact that liberal gun laws go hand in hand with lower violent crimes rates and robbery.

Yeah so far the only counter-argument from camera-supporters has been "only criminals will care about this"

The sad story is this will just set the precedent for further intrusion. Chips or ID cards that track movement and send it to a computer...but of course I'm sure only criminals have to fear being monitored in their daily travels.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][9:02:16am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01275 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]