New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> RUSH - JULY 19 MOHEGAN SUN by bornofosichris on Apr 28,2010 9:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by bornofosichris  at Apr 28,2010 9:28pm

bennyhillifier

Anyone else going to this? Never seen them live before and my family surprised me with a ticket. Pretty excited. Moving Pictures!

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Apr 28,2010 11:00pm
How much are tickets? If they're not too crazy I might be interested.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jun 9,2010 10:25pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Jun 9,2010 10:45pm
moving pics start to finish!

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Jun 9,2010 11:22pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
Lamp said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead Logged In .... Or NOT! at Jun 10,2010 12:02am
Tickets are $90 each.

I'm saving it for when Deftones, Alice in Chains, and Mastodon play there in september for $45 a pop.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 10,2010 1:33am
Ugh.

:ouchechillz::

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 8:11am
I'd rather see Tull this summer.

After a while, Geddy's vocals would make me want to cut my ears off.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Jun 10,2010 9:01am
jim you gonna go? I'd like to.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Jun 10,2010 9:05am

\'
ArrowHead%20Logged%20In%20....%20Or%20NOT! said[orig][quote]
Tickets are $90 each.

I'm saving it for when Deftones, Alice in Chains, and Mastodon play there in september for $45 a pop.

not paying 90

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Jun 10,2010 9:26am
if you've never seen Rush live, let me tell ya... it's worth it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 9:53am
go to rush? no thx. 90 bucks? No thx. 2010? No thx. 1978? Yes plz

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 10,2010 9:56am
his live vocals are so bad now.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 10:00am
I'd imagine Jethro Tull would be way more enjoyable live at this point. Ian Anderson > Rush

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Jun 10,2010 10:29am
arktouros said[orig][quote]
i last saw rush 2 or 3 years ago and geddy's vocals were great. have they really gone downhill in that short span?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 10:31am
Rush has been going downhill for 30 years, Kenny Boy.
Oh wait, they've been downhill the whole time.

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Jun 10,2010 10:37am
rush still makes great music and puts on a great show!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 10:39am
Oh wait, it's moving pictures??not bad. At least it ain't the horrible stuff that makes up 75% of their catalogue

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 10,2010 10:44am
DreadKill said[orig][quote]
arktouros said[orig][quote]
i last saw rush 2 or 3 years ago and geddy's vocals were great. have they really gone downhill in that short span?
I have the 30th anniversary tour DVD and I wasn't pleased...but that's all I'm going by with that statement so I take it back. I fucking love Rush and they're the reason I bought a drumset way back. I don't like their albums after Test For Echo and the late 80's and on is all hit or miss... but aril doesn't know what he's talking about.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 10,2010 10:46am
I've watched so many Neil Peart videos I'm kinda burnt out on the band. Haven't really listened to em in years. Farewell to Kings and Moving Pictures are all win though.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 10:49am
sure I do. not huge on rush post 81. I just love shitting on rush fans because everyone thinks they're the greatest band of all time.
In fact, most rushettes I've talked to over the years feel threatened when someone dislikes something rush has done. I've got news for you: Alex lifeson's a docuhbag and Neil peart should have died with his family

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 10,2010 10:54am
hahahahahahaha.
half their catalog really is terrible. even within their albums you get 2 or 3 awesome songs and the rest is unlistenable.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 10:54am
(on a side note, I'm being somewhat facetious)

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 10,2010 11:09am edited Jun 10,2010 11:10am
nah, I mean here's my real take on rush. I believe i've stated it in th past on this board, as with most of my retarded opinions.
Rush started out as a Led Zep worship band. Which isn't a bad thing; thr song Working Man from their first album is awesome by every regard. when Neil joined the band, he reshaped music. his drumming is extremely creative, and he pushed the band towards a new direction. their musicianship and composition was always top notch, but in my opinion they started to decline after moving pictures. understandably so, a band must evolve.I've never been a big fan of Geddy's vocals, and also feel Rush's lyrics are extremely cheesy at times.
I'm a huge fan of prog music in general, but I feel that Rush almost gets too much credit from certain people. I know one should avoid generalizations, but most avid Rush fans are annoying as fuck. They're either cocky douchebags that want to suck the sperm out of Neil Peart's penis, or musicians who feel they're better than everyone because Rush opened their eyes to prog music and odd time signatures. I'm not saying all Rush fans are like this by any means, but generally speaking their fan base disgusts me. There are people that listen to NOTHING but Rush. As I said above, they feel threatened by any critique of the band.
Don't get me wrong, Rush is a great band and shaped rock and prog music for the ages. But they lack (in most of their mid to late catalogue) certain things in the music, most importantly emotion and sincerity. Too much flash and not enough substance.

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Jun 10,2010 11:19am
nobody's hero is the best song about fags ever!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Awoken Mystic Razors
[default homepage] [print][11:39:31am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.03846 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]