New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Greens/Environmentalists: you're on the wrong path by Conservationist on Mar 6,2010 1:17pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 6,2010 1:17pm

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Mar 6,2010 1:37pm

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 6,2010 1:57pm
Takes one to know one. A/S/L

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Mar 6,2010 2:41pm
I love this book I recently picked up, check it out conservationist...Green Metropolis...don't judge a book by the title.

Basically some dude from Manhattan ripping on hippies and earth lovers in how they are actually some of the biggest polluters and that inner city black kids( he didn't say black kids but Manhattaners...I just wanted to say black to add emphasis on the contrast) He basically goes on about how inner city niggas be greener and more earth friendly than composting vegans in vermont are

Nigs drive less, don't own cars, consume less, eat less, have less land and less sprawl, live more densely and use less energy for heating/cooling

Basically the book dumps on green cars, dumps on hippies out in rural farming communities and extols the fact that by living in close urban cities you are more earth friendly over the long run.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Mar 6,2010 3:54pm
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
Basically the book dumps on green cars, dumps on hippies out in rural farming communities and extols the fact that by living in close urban cities you are more earth friendly over the long run.

Interesting hypothesis. It's clear that a less technological lifestyle helps, but the problem is infrastructure -- products, roads, hospitals, farms, etc. -- more than individual consumption. I don't think the hippie vegans in the country are doing a damn thing for the environment, however. A few dropouts even if they were living more efficiently don't have any measurable effect. They're just doing it for the prestige ;)

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][9:43:03am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01979 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]