New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> fender mustang or gibson sg or orange cab by xanonymousx on Jan 6,2010 11:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 6,2010 11:12pm
what guitar should i get? or should i go with the cab?

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Jan 6,2010 11:34pm
or just buy all three.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 7,2010 12:23am
Murph said[orig][quote]
or just steal all three.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 7,2010 12:30am
best buy sells high end musical equipment?

toggletoggle post by t2daeek  at Jan 7,2010 12:50am
depends on what music you play.
i don't know if i could have a mustang because of the short scale... too floppy.
sg's can be cool depending on the player.
i know i love the way orange amplifiers sound, but i don't know how great their cabs are. it's british shit right? make sure you're not just getting a marshall 1960 cab with orange tolex.

toggletoggle post by g2g at Jan 7,2010 3:32am
dude go with the sg. 4 realz. oranges are nice but imho over priced/rated. with orange it's about the heads. mustangs are nice if you play grunge or sludge or heroin. sg's are pretty versitile. you could get away with getting 4 vintage 30s or green backs and gutting/rewiring an old cab for waaaaay less $$. get an sg you won't regret it.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 7,2010 1:04pm
ya i was probably just going to go with the sg or a esp viper, i'm gonna wait till NAMM (next week) to see if any new models come out anyway. the current cab i have is an old 5150 cab and it sounds kinda muddy

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 7,2010 1:15pm edited Jan 7,2010 1:15pm
Construction is critical when it comes to cabs. Orange have some of the best construction.

I have an Orange cab...I have a bunch of different cabs. The only one that sounds better than my Orange is my Earcandy Buzzbomb.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 7,2010 1:51pm
yeah how are the buzzbombs?
can they carry a good crisp clean sound as well?
also earcandy is an online only deal right?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jan 7,2010 1:55pm
http://earcandycabs.com/

you can call to order, as well. Small company that custom makes cabs in Indiana. They don't make a 4x12, the 2x12 I have overpowers a lot of 4x12s though.

One interesting thing they do is that they essentially they find a point of tension between the pieces of wood that creates a particular resonance. Essentially, tuning it like a drum. You can put whatever speakers out of a pretty long list that they offer in there. Tim, the president, usually is involved in any of the orders and is great at answering any questions or offering suggestions. Pricey for a 2x12, but really the best cab I've ever heard.

Definitely carries clean and distorted very well, but you can use speaker selection to tilt that balance as you wish.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 7,2010 6:05pm edited Jan 7,2010 6:08pm
ear candy's seem awesome, i just need to educate myself on speaker selection and how much resistance i want cause if i get one i figure why not run it with the cab i already have right? unless it sounds like total shit.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 7,2010 8:23pm
what is the main difference between vertical/ horizontal just prefrence?
also what speakers do you run in your earcandy brian?

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jan 7,2010 9:24pm
I got an SG Faded Special on my 16th birthday and haven't thought of getting another guitar since... and I'm turning 23 in a few months as well. I fucking love that thing.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][10:01:44am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.02731 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]