New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> So where do people go for Vinyl? by demondave on Dec 28,2009 10:54am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 28,2009 10:54am edited Dec 28,2009 11:02am
I love vinyl and the digital world has only enhanced my collecting. Primarily I have three sources for purchasing:

Hells Headbangers Records

Hell's headbanger's rules. They make awesome stuff with outrageous packaging. They have a "new arrivals" tab that I check on a daily basis and they are always getting stuff in. Prices are pretty good. They drop it in the mail fast, and give you all the shipping options including 'media mail'. love love love the hells headbangers

http://www.hellsheadbangers.com/

Armageddon Shop

Right down the motherfucking street. Every city wishes it had this store. What sucks for me lately is that my work schedule has prevented me from stopping by. My commute is an hour and a half each way, and it is not uncommon for me to be out of the house 6 days a week. I don't have the time to visit like I want. This place is a great time waster. Online shipping does not replace flipping through vinyl by hand looking for a forgotten gem.

http://www.armageddonshop.com/

ebay

uhh ebay. I check ebay daily as well. None of this means that I am buying daily, but when I have a few minutes to spend, I will habitually poke to see what records are listed. - I don't mind things going up for auction, and I understand prices get high, but it can be a little ridiculous. Times are tough, so people are trying to sell some of their stuff. But the opening bid prices are way too high. People are putting items up with a starting bid that is what they want the ending bid to be.

Honorable Mention: Nuclear War Now

He makes great stuff, and he gets rare items in, but his shipping options suck. He will only ship priority mail, so your $15 album costs $11 to ship. I usually wait until his stuff shows up on Hell's Headbangers, and I don't bother with any of the other items he gets in.

http://www.nwnprod.com/

So where else to people go for vinyl? I can't be the only one on the board that loves it.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 28,2009 10:59am
bullmoose music has an alright selection of both used and new vinyl...

toggletoggle post by C.DEAd at Dec 28,2009 11:06am
Charlie Infection's basment.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 28,2009 11:14am
there is this cool place in downtown lowell that sells a bunch i forget the name though...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2009 11:18am
RRR

toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 28,2009 11:18am
RRR Records? Do they carry metal?

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Dec 28,2009 11:19am
C.DEAd said[orig][quote]
Charlie Infection's basment.

isnt that the same place you found those hog-tied 4-year-old boys?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 28,2009 11:24am
xanonymousx said[orig][quote]
there is this cool place in downtown lowell that sells a bunch i forget the name though...

well remember.

toggletoggle post by C.DEAd at Dec 28,2009 11:26am
demondave said[orig][quote]
RRR Records? Do they carry metal?

They do if you look. I have found many metal gems there. Most notably the Lord of Putrefaction/Mortal Remains split LP. RRRon has had this store since 82 and is a huge part of the American industrial movement. TONS of shit there. Good luck getting in there as he basically only opens it by appointment. Call ahead or e-mail works best.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 29,2009 7:32pm
Hell's Headbangers get's an order from me every 2 to 3 weeks. I try to go to Armageddon as much as I can-will be going more once I move closer to PVD. finally got DEMILICH on LP compliments of HHR!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 29,2009 7:33pm
demondave said[orig][quote]
Armageddon Shop

Right down the motherfucking street. Every city wishes it had this store. What sucks for me lately is that my work schedule has prevented me from stopping by. My commute is an hour and a half each way, and it is not uncommon for me to be out of the house 6 days a week. I don't have the time to visit like I want. This place is a great time waster. Online shipping does not replace flipping through vinyl by hand looking for a forgotten gem.

http://www.armageddonshop.com/

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 29,2009 7:55pm edited Dec 29,2009 7:57pm
Armageddon Shop is like heaven. Living without it these past couple years has been shitty, but thankfully I'll be able to go back on a regular basis soon. I went pretty crazy on my Christmas visit. The best place near here is Vinyl Conflict in Richmond. Lunchbox Records in Charlotte has a pretty good selection too but I never go to Charlotte.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 29,2009 8:04pm edited Dec 29,2009 8:05pm
I also feel like mentioning Celebrated Summer Records in Towson, MD (Baltimore area). I've only been there once but thought it had a pretty good selection and bought a few things. I should also say keep in mind my background is much more in punk than metal but I did buy a Grief CD at this place.

(yes I know it's supposed to be about vinyl and yes I did buy some actual records there too)

toggletoggle post by Snli at Dec 29,2009 8:45pm
Home Depot or Ace Hardware

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 29,2009 9:09pm
Redscroll Records down the street from me in Wallingford would be the death of me if I had a record player and money to burn

toggletoggle post by CrabRagoon  at Dec 29,2009 9:47pm
Odessy and Oracle is a new shop in Portsmouth, NH. Its on the same block as bull moose records. Killer selection and good price. The black metal section is severely lacking, but they're working on it. If you like punk they have a pretty big collection and are continually adding. Alot of other records too, garage, psychedelic and bluegrass. They also have close to a hundred 8 tracks, haha. Check it out, cool owners too if you want something they don't have they will order it for you.

toggletoggle post by CrabRagoon  at Dec 29,2009 9:51pm
They had a good selection of black metal actually until it got bought out, all original Celtic frost lp's and the bathory self titled lp with the gold goat instead of red, just to name a few. They also had a septic death record out of 14, which was like 800 bucks, crazy man. Always getting new collections in!

toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 29,2009 10:16pm
I just got an order in from Hells Headbangers

NME - Unholy Death - (12" PICTURE DISC w/ Outer Cover, Insert)
DESTRUKTOR - Nailed (12" Gatefold LP w/ Poster)
BURZUM - Anthology (12" Gatefold DOUBLE LP)
KING DIAMOND - Unreleased Demo: "The Spider's Lullabye" (12" LP on RED Vinyl w/ Poster & Insert)
NUNSLAUGHTER - Hells Unholy Fire (CASSETTE w/ Bonus Track)

Plus they threw in a CD and a couple posters. I love those guys

toggletoggle post by BSV at Dec 29,2009 10:24pm
that King Diamond release is pretty sweet. I have it on Trash colored vinyl. the Destruktor Picture Disc is insane-comes in in a heavy metal steel sleeve-they did a die hard edition where anyone who placed an order got their name enscribed into the steel. Fucking awesome!

toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 29,2009 10:29pm
I debated the crazy steel edition. I have the bestial mockery / destruktor split with the razor wire. Insane

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 29,2009 10:32pm
CrabRagoon said[orig][quote]
They had a good selection of black metal actually until it got bought out, all original Celtic frost lp's and the bathory self titled lp with the gold goat instead of red, just to name a few. They also had a septic death record out of 14, which was like 800 bucks, crazy man. Always getting new collections in!

If they had a Golden Goat - just wow. Niggers feelin shamed.

toggletoggle post by CrabRagoon  at Dec 29,2009 10:54pm
Do you know what that usually goes for? I think they had it marker around 4 bills or so.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][5:41:47am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.12238 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]