New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Profanatica - upcoming "THE GRAND MASTERS SION" and "DISGUSTING BLASPHEMIES AGAINST GOD" by demondave on Dec 21,2009 9:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 21,2009 9:23pm edited Dec 21,2009 9:24pm
I'm a big fan of Hell's Headbangers and I go to their website regularly. At the splash page they had a link for the two new releases coming out. I checked it out and there have three songs from each to listen to. I was kind of shocked. They are really good and I can't wait to get them.

I have The Enemy of Virtue ( double LP of all their pre-breakup material), Profanatitas De Domonatia (post-resurrection LP), Trampling the Holy Faith Split LP, and Paul Ledney's Havohej items. But what I just heard blows them away.

"THE GRAND MASTERS SESSION" is a rehearsal session, or a live in studio session, that sounds great. A very organic sound. I like the Profanatitas De Domonatia but I was always a little miffed at the sound on that. They clearly wanted that filthy guitar sound of their previous material, but to achieve that they just seemed to redline the guitars in the recording.

When I clicked on the link, the first track that came up was 'Mocked, Scourged and Spit Upon' which was on Domonatia. It sounds so much better. The bass makes a big difference. Compare it to the LP version which is on the same page.

That sound continues in the new lp tracks. I'm kind of surprised, and looking forward to it.

http://profanatica.hellsheadbangers.com/

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 21,2009 9:37pm

toggletoggle post by thosedudesrfags at Dec 21,2009 9:51pm
Look at those circle-jerking faggots! When jumping to their defense, ask yourselves this: Can I see me and my band with our dicks out together? Gay.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 21,2009 10:02pm
andyzero made me like that band more.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Dec 22,2009 1:17am
HUHHUHUH THEY WERE NAKED WITH EACH OTHER, MUST BEEN QUEER, HUHUH HUH.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 22,2009 2:03am
Snoodling ist krieg.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 22,2009 4:59am
sehr krieg

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 22,2009 9:34am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

U LIKE MOAR DICKS. Actually I can't take credit for finding that - someone posted that pic on the board awhile ago. ROCK OUT WITH YER COCK OUT.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 22,2009 10:41am
this is one band i do not understand the hype behind. i mean they are ok, but hardly what they have been inflated to be.

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Dec 22,2009 10:41am
^ this.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 22,2009 10:42am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

U LIKE MOAR DICKS. Actually I can't take credit for finding that - someone posted that pic on the board awhile ago. ROCK OUT WITH YER COCK OUT.
and modest too? what a mensch.

toggletoggle post by C.DEAd at Dec 22,2009 11:55am
Profanatica aren't overrated at all. NO ONE gave a shit about them up until 2001 for some reason. Either way, looking forward to hearing this. I loved the last record, I just hated the production and shitty drum programming, so it will be nice to hear it like this.

toggletoggle post by MikeOfDecrepitude at Dec 22,2009 12:03pm
C.DEAd said[orig][quote]
NO ONE gave a shit about them up until 2001 for some reason.

I don't know about that.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Dec 22,2009 12:10pm
demondave said[orig][quote]
I like the Profanatitas De Domonatia but I was always a little miffed at the sound on that. They clearly wanted that filthy guitar sound of their previous material, but to achieve that they just seemed to redline the guitars in the recording.

exactly what i think, that and the drum programming was weak. i'll definitely be getting this

toggletoggle post by im thinkin slarbys at Dec 22,2009 1:52pm
i can has real drums this time??

seriously, i have no problem with programmed drums and i think the ones of profanatitas were programmed well, but ledneys always been one of my favorite drummers, if not for technical ability but for style

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 22,2009 2:11pm
i can has Jefferson Slarship?

toggletoggle post by C.DEAd at Dec 22,2009 2:38pm
im%20thinkin%20slarbys said[orig][quote]
i can has real drums this time??

seriously, i have no problem with programmed drums and i think the ones of profanatitas were programmed well, but ledneys always been one of my favorite drummers, if not for technical ability but for style

Exactly. It wasn't the machine, it was the sound of ass permeating throughout the entire record.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Dec 22,2009 9:21pm

I always knew about Profanatica (how can you forget a photo like that) but I didn't really investigate them. I got their stuff in a trade I did with Hells Headbangers for the Nunslaughter item I made, and I liked what I heard.
I was always surprised whenever someone raved about them. Maybe it's the Incantation connection. Lately I've been listening to them more and more.

Manticore did a cover of the song 'Spilling Holy Blood' that sounds amazing. I think Profanatica heard it and said 'holy shit, that's what we could sound like!' and now their following up on it.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 2,2010 9:56pm

Profanatica - Grand Masters Session

"Finally available from the original Grand Masters of mesmerizing barbaric
black metal filth! Recorded with a full line-up "live in the studio", a raging
2008 session showcasing many of the classics, a few newer hits and an
exclusive medley (a conglomerate of 5 songs) all sprawled across three (3x)
custom 8" records housed in a branded wooden box set. As reflected in the
retail price, only the highest quality materials & printing processes have been
utilized. Absolutely mandatory for collectors, vinyl enthusiasts, and those
looking for a supplement to the raw rehearsal demos ejaculated in the early 90's."

Conversationist, I hope you have a turntable. It's awesome.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 2,2010 9:56pm

toggletoggle post by PHILIP ANSELMO at Mar 2,2010 10:51pm
Ledney,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,supreme,epic,,,,,,just,.......FILTH.Ah would have that picture in mah bunk during the Trendkill tour.Vince could not see beyond the cocks to the ESSENCE.Ah knew my days were numbered with that band.You either have the gift of dahwkness oawuh you don't.I couldn't FAKE IT and go in front of my brotuhs, my heavy metal family, MY PEOPLE! And just be anothuh cheahleedin' rock stawuh, my journey was headed to some place few return from.Ledney, cocks in the woods, ,that's love, .....love under will brothuh.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Mar 2,2010 11:21pm
WANT! ... I have spending money again so I can buy things weeee!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 2,2010 11:55pm
Best troll ever

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 13,2010 4:09am
This wooden fucking BOX is so goddamn... just.. goddamn.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][1:36:51am Apr 26,2024
load time 0.01841 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]