New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SLIPKNOT TONIGHT!!!!! WHO'S GOING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! by Wee...Bink! on Apr 10,2004 5:03pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Apr 10,2004 5:03pm
fuck you.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 10,2004 5:07pm
i'll go if i can throw rocks

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Apr 10,2004 5:09pm
ill be there sellling them

no, but i really know people going to this show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 10,2004 7:06pm
not it.

though it would be interesting to see the spectical,
it would be horrible to hear it.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 10,2004 7:16pm
poor lynneaus has to work..and she's doing security tonight!

I could have covered it, but no thanks...although Jay from the Undergroundscene is going

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 10,2004 8:12pm
girl security haha, is that how rough slipknot fans get?

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 10,2004 8:21pm
the_reverend said:
not it.

though it would be interesting to see the spectical,
it would be horrible to hear it.

Yeah, I actually heard that they do put on a pretty good show. Too bad about their music being pretty horrible (although, I have to admit that I do find some riffs kind of catchy). What I don't understand is why Cory has to put his scream through all those fucking effects!! What the hell, it isn't hard to just scream. If they ditched those effects it would make the band probably 20% better (still not that good though). If I end up going to Ozzfest I guess I will see them.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Apr 10,2004 8:37pm
Several people asked me if I was going... because I was wearing an In Flames shirt.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 10,2004 8:40pm
Hahahahaha, nice. Dom, have you heard the new In Flames? I havn't but I heard it is like Korn except worse.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 10,2004 8:49pm
its not like Korn. It's gayer then their old gay stuff though

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Apr 10,2004 9:03pm
*listening to anal blast*

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 10,2004 9:54pm
i wonder if Fear Factory was good or not, good old OLD fear factory

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 11,2004 5:11am
i have to admit that i saw slipknot about 4 years ago. they played here at a small club. it was a good show and i used to like their first CD, but now i just can't stand it. there's just something about them, like they're fake to me or something. i can't quite put my finger on it.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 11,2004 9:46am
I used to like their first CD also mdd.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 11,2004 9:56am
the problem with slipknot is they trick you.
you hear 1/666th of a song and think for 1/666th of a second "what is this", but before you even get to the "this", they ruin it.

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 11,2004 10:48am
That show was awesome, I don't care what anyone says! Well, except it was probably the loudest show I've ever been to and my ears are still ringing, and I actually wore ear plugs for once. But of course, I just talked to people I knew all night so it was fun. Here are some pics (and no our picture section on the site STILL doesn't work)

Sworn Enemy:

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 11,2004 10:49am
Chimaira:

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 11,2004 10:52am
Fear Factory:

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 11,2004 10:52am
Slipknot:

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 11,2004 10:52am
theundergroundscene said:
Chimaira:

looks like dimebag and dino had a baby...

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 11,2004 10:56am
Oh and the coolest thing ever, when we got to the show around 5ish, the line was already wrapped around the building, and the singer of Slipknot Corey Taylor was outside in the parking lot talking to kids for at least a half hour. He sat there and just bullshitted with them, and signed everything kids wanted signed, took pictures, it was awesome. I've heard so many negative things about him, and the time I met him he was cool, and to see that, it just kind of proves the whole "everyone has their bad days" thing...

My little brother is a HUUUUGE Slipknot fan, so it was cool for him to meet the singer of his favorite band. He's still jaded by all that stuff. Although Brian from Shadows Fall was talking to me and goes "dude I just met your little brother and he's not your little brother!!" Because he's like, bigger than me and I'm five years older. Ok that part of the story wasn't so funny... shut up it was a good show!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 11,2004 11:00am
my little brother is my height and 20-50lbs heavier than me.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 11,2004 2:22pm edited Apr 11,2004 2:22pm
oh no, there's more of you rev??

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Apr 11,2004 2:52pm
my little brother is a little taller than me and he is a gigantic fat hunk of shit that sucks.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 11,2004 2:55pm
I have a little brother (25) and a little sister (15).

my sister:

http://www.princessjenn.net/

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 11,2004 5:03pm
i think most people on here that hate slipknot have not heard their last cd, Iowa, because their self-titled album before that was crappy. if you listen to Iowa, there's a lot of death metal and little black metal influence. Corey Taylor does an amazing job on vocals, both clean and screaming. i for one am looking forward to their upcoming album

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Apr 11,2004 7:00pm
well that makes one of us...i heard pieces of their last album. It sounded pretty gay to me. Who can take a band seriously with masks on that jump around and have lyrics like "if you're 555 then I'm 666"? Honestly...

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Apr 11,2004 7:04pm
slipknot sicks, plain and simple

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 11,2004 7:31pm
I dislike Slipknot, but they are the one and only link between the mainstream world and the extreme metal world, so for that I commend them.

toggletoggle post by porphyria603   at Apr 11,2004 9:14pm
slipknot=dogshit,just another band flogging the nu-metal log.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 11,2004 9:37pm
pessimist said:
well that makes one of us...i heard pieces of their last album. It sounded pretty gay to me. Who can take a band seriously with masks on that jump around and have lyrics like "if you're 555 then I'm 666"? Honestly...

keep in mind The Berzerker also run around with masks on. and every black metal band uses corpse paint, it's all the same thing. it's an image. but i do agree with the 666 song. that lyric is pretty stupid

toggletoggle post by hybrid   at Apr 11,2004 9:59pm
i used to listen to slipknot when i was a freshman in high school, i am now a senior and i dont deny the fact i used to listen to them. i stopped listening to them in the beginning of my sophomore year. i just grew out of that music, simple as that. i started listening to poison the well my sophomore year and since then i have gotten into heavier stuff... you dont have to knock the band to think they suck. slipknots music is pretty dumb, but i dont bother saying "nu-metal is gay", "slipknot fans are gay posers", or "i like putting sticks up my butt". just let people listen to the music they like. we all started off on some kind of somewhat gay music. heck, the reverend listened to techno, and he still does! everybody beat the fag! haha, just kidding.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 12,2004 9:14am edited Apr 12,2004 9:15am
MyDeadDoll said:

yup yup
they are opposite in almost every way
oh and...i have the BEST photo of them together btw....
heh

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 12,2004 9:17am
oh the reason i was going to initially bump this is to show jay and get him to post a review and some sample pics..i didn't see it when aaron and i got back from the Middle East show though..odd

anyhow

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 12,2004 9:19am
I listen to a lot more that techno... I hate comercial radio bullshit, but I listen to a hellova lot more than just metal/hardcore.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 12,2004 12:02pm
i'd have gone purely for fear factory if the ticket prices weren't so outrageous

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 12,2004 12:03pm
Why don't you register anonymous?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Apr 12,2004 12:07pm
JellyFish said:
slipknot sicks, plain and simple

I agree, Slipknot is sick

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 12,2004 12:11pm
hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 12,2004 12:13pm
i'm assuming you mean why do you regist anonymous. its cuz i'm at a computer lab at school and i'm too lazy to log in here and sign out when i'm done.

- AttendMyRequiem

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 12,2004 12:14pm
ahh... ok

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Apr 12,2004 2:05pm
I think Slipknot is ok. They are a link to more extreme music. When you have people like myself or other kids who are always looking for something heavier they play a key role because kids go, ok if this is heavy as fuck, what else out there is heaveir than this. It's like people who started out listening to Metallica and then found Sepultura and Napalm Death(talking about myself)and keep looking to this day for a more extreme band or whatever, so for that I think it's ok for them to be doing what they do.Just my opinion,not written in stone or anything.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 12,2004 2:10pm
succubus said:
MyDeadDoll said:

yup yup
they are opposite in almost every way
oh and...i have the BEST photo of them together btw....
heh

you gotta show us!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][5:38:42am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.06126 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]