New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sony to launch Playstation with bigger hard drive by zyklon on Oct 15,2009 7:53pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by zyklon at Oct 15,2009 7:53pm edited Oct 15,2009 7:54pm
(AP) – 2 hours ago
NEW YORK — To give more room for game, movie and music downloads, Sony is launching a PlayStation 3 with a larger hard drive on Nov. 3.
The $350 gaming console will have a 250 gigabyte hard drive, more than twice as big as the recently launched slimmer, lighter PlayStation 3.
That one costs $300 and has a 120 gigabyte hard drive. Other than the hard drive size, the new PS3 will look and work the same as the 120 gigabyte system.
Sony's move comes as game companies gear up for the holiday season, when they reap most of their profit for the year.

toggletoggle post by SteveSummoned   at Oct 15,2009 8:00pm
Seriously? I just bought mine at most a month and a half ago.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Oct 15,2009 8:06pm
For an extra 50 definitely worth it

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Oct 15,2009 8:07pm
I guess that's nice, but I think they should have just kept the 300 dollar price level. Some may like the extra space, but having $300 be the only option just looks better to a lot of consumers, IMO...

Can't wait for the 1 TB 600 dollar PS3. Ugh. Come on Sony. Stop this nonsense.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 15,2009 8:13pm
my PS3 has 320gb

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Oct 15,2009 8:20pm
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

toggletoggle post by Pires at Oct 15,2009 8:41pm
SteveSummoned said[orig][quote]
Seriously? I just bought mine at most a month and a half ago.

i got you beat. I bought mine yesterday.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Oct 15,2009 9:48pm
ZenErik said[orig][quote]
I guess that's nice, but I think they should have just kept the 300 dollar price level. Some may like the extra space, but having $300 be the only option just looks better to a lot of consumers, IMO... Can't wait for the 1 TB 600 dollar PS3. Ugh. Come on Sony. Stop this nonsense.
actually i think thats a genius move...think about it: someone goes to game stop looking for a ps3...and the clerk says you can have this one for $300...or you can have this one with all the same capabilities with twice the hard drive space for only $50 more....most people would spend the extra $50 even if they never use it just in case

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Oct 15,2009 9:48pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
my PS3 has 320gb

Mine has 20gb..

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Oct 15,2009 10:03pm edited Oct 15,2009 10:05pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
ZenErik said[orig][quote]
I guess that's nice, but I think they should have just kept the 300 dollar price level. Some may like the extra space, but having $300 be the only option just looks better to a lot of consumers, IMO... Can't wait for the 1 TB 600 dollar PS3. Ugh. Come on Sony. Stop this nonsense.
actually i think thats a genius move...think about it: someone goes to game stop looking for a ps3...and the clerk says you can have this one for $300...or you can have this one with all the same capabilities with twice the hard drive space for only $50 more....most people would spend the extra $50 even if they never use it just in case

That's why Sony went from first for 2 generations to dead last. I'm voting bad move. Hope I'm wrong. Why would anyone buy the 360 or Wii when the original PS3 was such an incredible value at launch? Why not spend the extra cash? Seems that a lot of people did not want to spend more for the best value.

Regardless, I'm sticking with my PS3. Even though I usually only use it for PS1 games, PS2 games, BR movies, and to watch downloaded movies... More JRPGs seem to be on the horizon, which is mainly the type of games I've been playing for years.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Oct 15,2009 10:17pm
Wait, who cares. They're just offering it like the did in the UK. You don't have to buy it. I've had mine for a year now and it's served me well, especially for watching movies off my external. Now with all these great games coming out in the next six months, it will really show its true value.

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 15,2009 10:41pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
my PS3 has 320gb

way not to catch that this wasn't marked videogame.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Enlightened Lusty Disembowlment
[default homepage] [print][8:55:08am May 09,2024
load time 0.01209 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]