New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Anyone else looking for a job or jobless? by quintessence on Aug 13,2009 3:00pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 13,2009 3:00pm
yeaht thats me. I dont really have much experience in anything besides my old job of 5 years doing mainframe system support for a wholesale grocery company. I'm also experienced with general tech support, networking and know a fair bit about ticketing software. I kinda want to move to the boston area and start going to school. I'd work in a gas station at this point. Having no money for anything blows.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 13,2009 3:04pm
certified in networking?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:06pm
mindshift.com look at careers

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:06pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 13,2009 3:07pm
also keep in mind that RI has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the country

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:08pm

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:09pm
you can work with me in burlington. although you would be in support and i would be monitoring/servicing the servers across the way from you.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:10pm
well at least i know i've helped someone on this board find a job with those two listings.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 13,2009 3:26pm
I live in NH again. I only have experience. No schooling , no certifications. I quit my job in IT because I couldn't stand it anymore. But now i'm thinking I might have to get back into it. sadly. Thanks for the listings reimroc. Where is burlington?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 13,2009 3:29pm
You could get into the T1 or even the T2 support gig if you have the work experience. education isn't everything, only a part.

To get to Burlington go down Route 3 all the way down to the end and jump on 95N and then take exit 32-34 which are the first exits you go past when you get onto 95 from rt3.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 13,2009 3:31pm
my bro is goin on 2 years soon. i think he has applied to every possible job there is.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 13,2009 3:33pm
2 years? That is seriously brutal... like... bad brutal, that is.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 13,2009 3:43pm
ya its killing my parents because they have to support him and my dad is getting forced into early retirement. he's a smart kid too and had just got his degree from assumption.

toggletoggle post by tyler working at Aug 13,2009 5:46pm
i just graduated college, and my only income right now is 20-30 hours a week at a liquor store. interviewed with a few places, and i think i finally got hired, but HR has been giving me a runaround. either way im going to grad school in a few years

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 13,2009 11:36pm
apple is doing a hiring thing in a few weeks...
apply online. but retail sucks!

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 14,2009 2:28am
I can't do anything that makes me cut my hair. haha...

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol at Aug 14,2009 2:33am

toggletoggle post by SoulsOfTheSlain at Aug 15,2009 12:44am
I interned here a few years ago.
http://www.eci.com/careers/index.php

Pretty easy going office environment other than going to customer sites. They were always looking for people then, but not so sure about now.

My current company now is too busy "repurposing"/layin' off bitches and outsourcing their jobs to europe/asia.

Yay for the IT biz.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 15,2009 1:51am
you want to come work for my company? ha!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][4:38:53pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01139 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]