New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Selling/Trading 2 80's Peavey cabs in flightcases.... by joeyumbrella on Aug 12,2009 9:47am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 9:47am
I have 2 Peavey Cabs built into flightcases. I can not find ANY info on these online, all I have come up with is that they are "rare" or "custom"..

I bought them, brought them to my space to try them out, to find one cab does not work... I have no clue if its wiring, blown speakers or what... I will throw in a set of cheap speakers if the price is right, or I will sell as is (one working cab, one not..)

I brought these to B Sharp in providence to get any info on these, and they had no clue. They did say the wood was 'very good' and assured me that these cabs are top of the line...
I am open to any trade offers, or any cash offer over $300..
Any questions, get at me... highesthorse@gmail.com

Thanks dudes!!!

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Aug 12,2009 1:47pm
These look like handmade cabs. it appears to be a peavey baffle in someone else's cab. They are kind of ugly as fuck, though.

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 2:16pm
no, made by peavey.. has a back plate and everything.

thinking custom made for WASP or Warrant or some shitin the 80's...

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Aug 12,2009 2:32pm
what would you be looking for trade? also would you split them up and only part with the working one?

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Aug 12,2009 2:45pm
i still don't think that's the work of any custom shop. if it's not what i stated then the tolex has been stripped off and the road case was built by someone around the existing cab.

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 2:49pm
no dude, Its model is FC412. stands for flight case 4x12. I got a few emails and approached Harmony-Central about these... THey were very rare, and custom ordered in the early 80's...

The working one has a better bass response than my mesa oversized... they sound really good..

I am looking for guitar gear mostly, and I dont want to split them up.. for the right deal I will put some speakers from another cab I have..

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Aug 12,2009 3:05pm
im a drummer so dont have much in the area of guitar shit. I have a jay turser telecaster , a douglas 6 string and like a crate practice amp. I also have some recording equipment i could part with, im at work now but ill email you with pic's when i get home if you're at all interested if you dont want any trade than ill see how my funds are looking

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 3:09pm
none of that is really my thing, but I will let these go really cheap.. email me later

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Aug 12,2009 3:13pm
what is your email? haha

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Aug 12,2009 3:14pm
also, have you play tested the cab that works? if so how does it sound?

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 3:24pm
I have, and it sounds really good. These cabs are sealed up really good, so they have great bass response...

I asked the dudes on HC about these and they had more info than I do... Check this link if it works...

Thanks, joey

h-c

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Aug 12,2009 3:29pm
i want these please do not give them to someone on hc, where are you located? i assume shipping would a be a bitch so lets see if we cant possibly meet up or something of the sort, shoot me an email at k_hannon3@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Aug 12,2009 3:54pm
emailed

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Embossed Medieval Merkin
[default homepage] [print][12:18:06pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.31008 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]